Official Panasonic DMP-BDT110/210/310 Owners Thread - Page 235 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
KtrainHurricane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: HOLLYWOOD, FL
Posts: 610
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Would I be able to use the wireless adapter (N5HBZ0000055) that came with my ST30 for my Panasonic BDT110 Blu-ray disc player? I know the BDT's wireless adapter will not work for the TV...

KtrainHurricane is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-21-2012, 05:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Foxbat121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 10,061
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Panda View Post

Hello,

I have lost my audio coming out of my BR player.
I am running powered speakers directly out of this player.
It has worked in the past.
Now nothing.

Spent time with Panasonic today and they told me to try settings in set up menue.
Tried all of that.
Just took my speaker into as hop and found that it is working properely.

Any ideas?

I do not think I have to be concerned about the hook up to my TV since I am trying to run sound directly out of player.
I have all HDMI running to my VT 30.

Thank you,
Mr. Panda

It has been discussed many times here that the analog audio out on the player is not something you can trust for. It will be turn off automatically in many situations, including 24p output and some other cases.
Foxbat121 is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
ggsantafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Solar Powered in the Land of Enchantment
Posts: 711
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by KtrainHurricane View Post

Would I be able to use the wireless adapter (N5HBZ0000055) that came with my ST30 for my Panasonic BDT110 Blu-ray disc player? I know the BDT's wireless adapter will not work for the TV...

I don't think so - I tried using the wireless adapter from my GT30 with my BDP 110 and it didn't recognize the device - you need to use the specified wireless adapter Panasonic part# DY-WL10. You can search E-bay & Amazon for reasonably priced purchase options.

ggsantafe is online now  
Old 02-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Member
 
Mr.Panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sonoma,Ca.
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you Foxbat121,

I have never heard of this before.

It has always worked for me in the past.
Never turned off by itself until now.

Just tried this on my oppo my and no sound either.

The speaker system just worked in the shop I took it to.
Very strange.

Mr. Pandaq
Mr.Panda is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
apw2607's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,314
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

Yeah, we were discussing that yesterday, back here. I probably won't be able to resist buying a 220, but I'll wait until it's available from a source with Prime shipping.

Just got a note from the rain forest saying my 220 should arrive on Friday !
apw2607 is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 07:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,917
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1050 Post(s)
Liked: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

Just got a note from the rain forest saying my 220 should arrive on Friday !

Damn you sir! Just when I was sure that I'd get through the month on budget for a change. (Jeez, that was one completely irresponsible impulse purchase ).

You got a shipping notice? I just ordered and it told me that mine should arrive by Thursday if ordered in the next two hours. (BTW, everyone, the "rain forest" is showing it in stock).

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
Old 02-21-2012, 07:38 PM
 
audio/videoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 353
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking forward to reviews.
audio/videoman is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Senior Member
 
RaptorX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhankz View Post

IT TAKES A SOLID MONTH - you are approaching the month date.

LOL; it came today.

The more I know, the more I realize I don't know.
RaptorX is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Member
 
ps17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HI,
I have the panasonic 210. What are the expections of the best audio you can get out of Netflix. I'll swear that when I first purchased this about 3 or 4 weeks ago, we had DD or DD+. Or was that my imagination? All netflix movies are being decoded to Dolby ProLogic 2 right now.

Did I stumble onto an incorrect setting?
Thanks in advance...
ps17 is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
apw2607's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,314
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 205
No shipping email yet. I'll report back when I do. Still quite keen to look at the Sony BDP-S590. Suppose to have a revised UI too ....
apw2607 is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 10:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,917
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1050 Post(s)
Liked: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

No shipping email yet. I'll report back when I do. Still quite keen to look at the Sony BDP-S590. Suppose to have a revised UI too ....

If the BDT110 had 1080p Netflix and 5.1 sound in Amazon it'd be my favorite streamer. If the BDT220 lacks these features it's probably going back. If it's got them, I may sell my Roku 2. Of course they may also have gone to the less powerful Netflix UI on the PS3; let's hope not.

I remembered that my birthday is on the 10th; I feel better about the purchase now .

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
Old 02-21-2012, 10:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,917
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1050 Post(s)
Liked: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps17 View Post

HI,
I have the panasonic 210. What are the expections of the best audio you can get out of Netflix. I'll swear that when I first purchased this about 3 or 4 weeks ago, we had DD or DD+. Or was that my imagination? All netflix movies are being decoded to Dolby ProLogic 2 right now.

Did I stumble onto an incorrect setting?
Thanks in advance...

Only about 7% of all Netflix titles have DD+ 5.1 sound at this point--you can see a list of them here. (The player used to indicate 5.1 sound with a logo on the title line of the description, but that's broken now. It still shows up in the title's "Audio and subtitles" menu). When you play one of these it should default to 5.1 sound on the 210. If your Dolby audio setting is "Bitstream" it'll send the DD+ to your AVR for decoding, otherwise it will internally process it into multichannel LPCM. This is assuming that you're connected to an AVR via HDMI; if you're using optical S/PDIF it'll downmix it to basic DD 5.1.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
Old 02-22-2012, 09:09 AM
Member
 
Mr. Tao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, quick question: I have a 310 not yet hooked up, trying to finish a dedicated media room in an unused bedroom. On another forum, someone said that the Onkyo 805 receiver could pass a 1080P 3D signal from the 310 connected via HDMI to the 805 and then out directly into a 3D ready Mits 73" DLP? If that is the case wouldn't the audio also pass thru via the single HDMI connection?
Mr. Tao is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator
 
teachsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 4,573
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Tao View Post

Hi, quick question: I have a 310 not yet hooked up, trying to finish a dedicated media room in an unused bedroom. On another forum, someone said that the Onkyo 805 receiver could pass a 1080P 3D signal from the 310 connected via HDMI to the 805 and then out directly into a 3D ready Mits 73" DLP? If that is the case wouldn't the audio also pass thru via the single HDMI connection?

If you set the player to checkerboard it should work without a problem. If set to full 3D, I do not believe it will.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
teachsac is online now  
Old 02-22-2012, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
apw2607's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,314
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

If the BDT110 had 1080p Netflix and 5.1 sound in Amazon it'd be my favorite streamer. If the BDT220 lacks these features it's probably going back. If it's got them, I may sell my Roku 2. Of course they may also have gone to the less powerful Netflix UI on the PS3; let's hope not.

I remembered that my birthday is on the 10th; I feel better about the purchase now .

I hear you. At one point I had a PS3, ATV2 with XBMC, Roku ... I'm trying to consolidate into a single "one device does it all". I think 2012 could be the year ;-)

Its funny, as much as I know folks dislike the Sony Media cross bar thing, or whatever its know as, I actually like that style UI the most, its just it needs an ability to further customize it to de-clutter it. Sony's apps though are another matter and need a serious revamp.

Pansonic though, could come through here with these new players, if they throw a bit more horsepower into the box to drive Viera connect and its apps ... oh and fix some of those gremlins in the apps themselves.
apw2607 is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 10:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,917
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1050 Post(s)
Liked: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

No shipping email yet. I'll report back when I do. Still quite keen to look at the Sony BDP-S590. Suppose to have a revised UI too ....

I got my shipping notice this morning and it's due to arrive tomorrow. They shipped it ONTRAC, when means that it's coming from a distro center somewhere in the narrow western region that ONTRAC operates in--ONTRAC shipments always get to me overnight here in San Diego. ONTRAC deliveries used to get to me by 11 AM, but now they don't arrive until early afternoon (better than the UPS guy, who never makes it here until after 6 PM when he's carrying something that I'm anxiously waiting for ).

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
Old 02-22-2012, 11:23 AM
gdX
Member
 
gdX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
In general terms, is it worth disabling Viera Link in a relatively simple system?

Installed for a friend:

Panasonic 50S30 plasma
Panasonic 210 Bluray player (HDMI>plasma, Toslink>AVR)
All streaming (Netflix) via Roku (HDMI>plasma, Toslink>AVR)
AVR: 10-yr+ old Marantz 5.1 (24/96) – will not be replaced
NO Cable/Sat/broadcast TV – never will be in that home

All content plays fine.

A modest Universal (brand) remote has been programmed to handle switching with reasonable ease.

Just wondering if disabling Viera Link might make a good thing better. After reading, I'm not perfectly clear on all its capabilities, but I don't immediately see anything crucial for our not-state-of-the-art system.

One or two fewer handshakes is good, yes?
gdX is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 11:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,917
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1050 Post(s)
Liked: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

Its funny, as much as I know folks dislike the Sony Media cross bar thing, or whatever its know as, I actually like that style UI the most, its just it needs an ability to further customize it to de-clutter it. Sony's apps though are another matter and need a serious revamp.

I'm not talking about the XMB (though I do dislike it ), but the UI that the PS3 Netflix player now has (this one). The PS3's Netflix started out with this one for me, which is what the BDTx10s still have (with a very small graphic modification to keep the main menu from overlapping the display of thumbs). These are Netflix designs, downloaded into the player at their discretion. The old-PS3/current-BDTx10 Netflix UI can display up to 250 titles per browser category view and features a plethora of genres and subgenres (92 altogether, 114 if you count "newly added" and "suggested for you" subgenres); the newer PS3 UI only has 25 genres with a maximum of 75 titles displayed for each.
Quote:
Pansonic though, could come through here with these new players, if they throw a bit more horsepower into the box to drive Viera connect and its apps ... oh and fix some of those gremlins in the apps themselves.

I'm expecting them to have used faster processors and more memory; the "black flashes" Netflix problem had best not be present in the 220's player.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
Old 02-22-2012, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
apw2607's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,314
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

I'm not talking about the XMB (though I do dislike it ), but the UI that the PS3 Netflix player now has (this one). The PS3's Netflix started out with this one for me, which is what the BDTx10s still have (with a very small graphic modification to keep the main menu from overlapping the display of thumbs). These are Netflix designs, downloaded into the player at their discretion. The old-PS3/current-BDTx10 Netflix UI can display up to 250 titles per browser category view and features a plethora of genres and subgenres (92 altogether, 114 if you count "newly added" and "suggested for you" subgenres); the newer PS3 UI only has 25 genres with a maximum of 75 titles displayed for each.
I'm expecting them to have used faster processors and more memory; the "black flashes" Netflix problem had best not be present in the 220's player.

Yes, exactly. Although, imo I think Apple did the best implementation of the netflix ui on the ATV2. Thats where I tend to go to browse for specific movies. Once there in the queue, then at that point the player client netlfix UI doesnt really matter, as at a minimum they all display your queue ... although it would be nice to do it all from a single device as I mentioned.

Guess all will be revealed on Friday. Amazon just shipped out the 220. Tick Tock.
apw2607 is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 12:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,917
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1050 Post(s)
Liked: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

Yes, exactly. Although, imo I think Apple did the best implementation of the netflix ui on the ATV2.

Apple's is certainly the prettiest, but I have no idea of whether it's the best, having not used it. How many genres and subgenres does it offer? How many titles maximum in its browser view? Pretty doesn't impress me.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
Old 02-22-2012, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
apw2607's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,314
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

Apple's is certainly the prettiest, but I have no idea of whether it's the best, having not used it. How many genres and subgenres does it offer? How many titles maximum in its browser view? Pretty doesn't impress me.

Search by Genre presents a listing of the top level Netflix defined Genres. E.g Thriller.

At that point it presents the movie posters based on the sub-genre. (e.g Action Thriller, Crime Thriller, Recently added Thriller, Suggested Thriller) Two lines of 7 which scroll across. If you reach the end, you can select (all), where it just presents a grid of again 7 x 2 for that sub-genre.

Its essentially the same as the iTunes Movie store implementation on the ATV2.

I find it pretty, yes ... but also functional.
apw2607 is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 03:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,917
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1050 Post(s)
Liked: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

I find it pretty, yes ... but also functional.

But if you can only browse 14 titles in each genre, not nearly as functional as the Netflix UI in the BDTx10s' player (codenamed "Special" by Netflix), at least not for my purposes. Like I said, 92 genre/subgenres in which you can browse through up to 250 titles each.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
Old 02-22-2012, 03:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mdavej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,237
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdX View Post

In general terms, is it worth disabling Viera Link in a relatively simple system?

Installed for a friend:

Panasonic 50S30 plasma
Panasonic 210 Bluray player (HDMI>plasma, Toslink>AVR)
All streaming (Netflix) via Roku (HDMI>plasma, Toslink>AVR)
AVR: 10-yr+ old Marantz 5.1 (24/96) – will not be replaced
NO Cable/Sat/broadcast TV – never will be in that home

All content plays fine.

A modest Universal (brand) remote has been programmed to handle switching with reasonable ease.

Just wondering if disabling Viera Link might make a good thing better. After reading, I'm not perfectly clear on all its capabilities, but I don't immediately see anything crucial for our not-state-of-the-art system.

One or two fewer handshakes is good, yes?

If you have a universal remote, you don't need viera link. All HDMI control like viera link will do is allow you to use the tv remote to control your player, and turning on your player will automatically switch the tv to the correct input. This is invaluable on something like a PS3 that won't work with an IR remote, but not so much on other players, especially if you already have a universal remote with macros for input switching and transport key mapping. Viera link will in fact interfere with a state tracking remote like harmony and needs to be turned off.
mdavej is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Otto Pylot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 7,624
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

But if you can only browse 14 titles in each genre, not nearly as functional as the Netflix UI in the BDTx10s' player (codenamed "Special" by Netflix), at least not for my purposes. Like I said, 92 genre/subgenres in which you can browse through up to 250 titles each.

The ATV2 is limited in that respect true, but I've never had any issues at all with Netflix streaming unlike the 210. We use the ATV2 exclusively for our Netflix streaming, it's just more reliable in my experience. Besides, if I have to browse 250 titles to find something I want to watch, I've just spent my evening
Otto Pylot is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
centauro74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post


I hear you. At one point I had a PS3, ATV2 with XBMC, Roku ... I'm trying to consolidate into a single "one device does it all". I think 2012 could be the year ;-)

Its funny, as much as I know folks dislike the Sony Media cross bar thing, or whatever its know as, I actually like that style UI the most, its just it needs an ability to further customize it to de-clutter it. Sony's apps though are another matter and need a serious revamp.

Pansonic though, could come through here with these new players, if they throw a bit more horsepower into the box to drive Viera connect and its apps ... oh and fix some of those gremlins in the apps themselves.

I don't know if you guys heard the rumors that apple may be reveling a new apple tv on March 7, it may be the player you are looking for.

centauro74 is online now  
Old 02-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Member
 
F.Ultra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Panda View Post

Thank you Foxbat121,

I have never heard of this before.

It has always worked for me in the past.
Never turned off by itself until now.

Just tried this on my oppo my and no sound either.

The speaker system just worked in the shop I took it to.
Very strange.

Mr. Pandaq

Well if it's been working before then something most have been broken (you tried with the same discs that have produced sound before?).

The main problem that Foxbat talks about is that all BR-players from 2011 onwards must now obey a flag on the disc that tells the player if analogue audio should be enabled or disabled under certain circumstantes. This is done in order to "avoid" the so called analogue hole since the studios actually believe that people rip BDs using the analogue connections when they produce the Pirate Bay editions...
F.Ultra is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Member
 
jcmusika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdX View Post

In general terms, is it worth disabling Viera Link in a relatively simple system?

Installed for a friend:

Panasonic 50S30 plasma
Panasonic 210 Bluray player (HDMI>plasma, Toslink>AVR)
All streaming (Netflix) via Roku (HDMI>plasma, Toslink>AVR)
AVR: 10-yr+ old Marantz 5.1 (24/96) - will not be replaced
NO Cable/Sat/broadcast TV - never will be in that home

All content plays fine.

A modest Universal (brand) remote has been programmed to handle switching with reasonable ease.


Just wondering if disabling Viera Link might make a good thing better. After reading, I'm not perfectly clear on all its capabilities, but I don't immediately see anything crucial for our not-state-of-the-art system.

One or two fewer handshakes is good, yes?


i had kept my veira link enabled so i can use the tv remote to manage the player, if ya want it.
jcmusika is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 05:30 PM
Member
 
SireTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Those of you awaiting the arrival of the 220... it would be thoroughly appreciated if you could report your findings on the following items (if possible):
  • 1080p streaming in netflix and amazon prime
  • DD+ in netflix
  • How well does it handle .mpg's and .mkv's
  • Does the fancy new audio processor play SACDs?

Thanks!
SireTV is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
moxie1617's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Chicago Metro
Posts: 2,431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SireTV View Post

Those of you awaiting the arrival of the 220... it would be thoroughly appreciated if you could report your findings on the following items (if possible):

[*]1080p streaming in netflix and amazon prime[*]DD+ in netflix[*]How well does it handle .mpg's and .mkv's[*]Does the fancy new audio processor play SACDs?


Thanks!

And it would be even better if you did it in the Official 220 owners thread and not in this thread. Thanks.
moxie1617 is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Member
 
SireTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie1617 View Post

And it would be even better if you did it in the Official 220 owners thread and not in this thread. Thanks.

OK, will do though in that thread there doesn't appear to by anyone who's actually expecting the device - unlike here.
SireTV is offline  
 

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bdt110 3d 2d Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Movies , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt30 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Dmp Bdt100 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Receivers Amplifiers , Sony Bdp S770 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi , Panasonic 1080p Blu Ray Player Dmp Bd35ak Brand , Panasonic Dmp Bd55k Blu Ray Disc Player
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off