Official Panasonic DMP-BDT110/210/310 Owners Thread - Page 253 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #7561 of 8473 Old 04-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Brian Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 449
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

that section of Title 17 has been successfully used in prosecutions

It has never been successfully used in any prosecution involving making a personal backup copy. Thus there is no case law that decides this inherant discrepancy in the law.

I don't want to hijack a thread to discuss copyright law, but I was offended by Hyrax's accusation that I am "pressuring" anyone to do anything, and that deserved a response. The issue is closed as far as I'm concerned.

If anyone is so inclined, myself and others would still be interested to learn if Cinavia is active in the latest firmware, by PM or otherwise.
Brian Miller is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7562 of 8473 Old 04-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Senior Member
 
sbsidlov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: the garden state
Posts: 229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

No, I don't think it is. The DMCA doesn't prohibit your making a copy, it prohibits the use, sale or distribution of a mechanism for circumventing DRM.

This is the key part, circumventing DRM, which isn't happening if you tell most programs to copy the disk to another disk.
sbsidlov is offline  
post #7563 of 8473 Old 04-05-2012, 02:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 16,309
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Miller View Post

If anyone is so inclined, myself and others would still be interested to learn if Cinavia is active in the latest firmware, by PM or otherwise.

You could announce it here without revealing who tested it or how .

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
post #7564 of 8473 Old 04-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
tomandbeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 723
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Miller View Post

It has never been successfully used in any prosecution involving making a personal backup copy. Thus there is no case law that decides this inherant discrepancy in the law.

I don't want to hijack a thread to discuss copyright law, but I was offended by Hyrax's accusation that I am "pressuring" anyone to do anything, and that deserved a response. The issue is closed as far as I'm concerned.

If anyone is so inclined, myself and others would still be interested to learn if Cinavia is active in the latest firmware, by PM or otherwise.

And just to underscore your post, I did NOT feel pressured in any way. I do feel that DRM rights need to be reviewed in COURT, but there are also TOS here on AVS to consider.

Brian, man to man. I took your request as something you were interested in. If there is any software available that will scan the disk, say by using the BR player in my computer, and report this Cinavia watermark is present, let me know through PM.
tomandbeth is offline  
post #7565 of 8473 Old 04-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Newbie
 
DJ Eighty 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA.
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have Roxio Toast 11 and it doesn't covert files to MPEG2 and I'm trying to put a video on my SD card for the 210. What's a solution for this.......?

Without the DJ is there any reason to even continue?
-DJ Eighty 8-
-House Of Hits Music Mobile Entertainment-
DJ Eighty 8 is offline  
post #7566 of 8473 Old 04-08-2012, 12:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sanderdvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The Netherlands, Europe
Posts: 2,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I ve read that the DMP-BT110 does support DLNA. Does this mean I can play my BDMV+CERTIFICATE (Blu-Ray folder structure) movies that are located on my PC that s in the same networkas my Panasonic DMP-BT110?
sanderdvd is offline  
post #7567 of 8473 Old 04-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Newbie
 
Reloaderdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Anaheim Hills, California
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This what I found on the Panasonic website concerning firmware
update version 1.8:



Update Information
Model Number DMP-BDT110P/PC/PX/PU/LB, DMP-BDT210P/PC/PX, DMP-BDT215P, DMP-BDT310P/PC
Update Version Ver 1.80
Update File Name / Size

* North America/Latin America
UPDATE_BDT110P_V180.exe / 91,039,400 bytes

Update Date 2012/2/6 (Firmware update via network : 2012/2/6)
Improvement
Date/Version Description
2012/2/6
Ver 1.80

* VIERA Connect update
* Playability of 3D Blu-ray Disc

2011/9/29
Ver 1.70

* VIERA CAST services has been upgraded to VIERA Connect
* Network connectivity in a DHCP environment
* Playability of MKV file and other improvements

2011/7/26
Ver 1.68

* Quality of Skype call and video mail
* VIERA CAST update (US only)
* Wireless LAN Connectivity with WEP encryption
* Playability of AVCHD Disc
* Playability of MKV file and other improvements

2011/6/27
Ver 1.65

* Playability of Blu-ray Disc having Picture-in-Picture (PiP) features

2011/5/31
Ver 1.63

* Netflix compatibility (only DMP-BDT110P/PC/PX, DMP-BDT210P/PC/PX, DMP-BDT215P, DMP-BDT310P/PC)
* Skype compatibility and other improvements

2011/4/21
Ver 1.59

* VIERA CAST update to support Skype service
* VIERA Link "HDAVI Control" compatibility

2011/3/28
Ver 1.56

* 3D still pictures (MPO) compatibility and other improvements

2011/2/24
Ver 1.47

* VIERA CAST update to support Skype service
* VIERA Link "HDAVI Control" compatibility
Reloaderdave is offline  
post #7568 of 8473 Old 04-08-2012, 01:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 16,309
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaderdave View Post

This what I found on the Panasonic website concerning firmware
update version 1.8:



Update Information
Model Number DMP-BDT110P/PC/PX/PU/LB, DMP-BDT210P/PC/PX, DMP-BDT215P, DMP-BDT310P/PC
Update Version Ver 1.80
Update File Name / Size

* North America/Latin America
UPDATE_BDT110P_V180.exe / 91,039,400 bytes

Update Date 2012/2/6 (Firmware update via network : 2012/2/6)
Improvement
Date/Version Description
2012/2/6
Ver 1.80

* VIERA Connectâ„¢ update
* Playability of 3D Blu-ray Discâ„¢

Most of us have seen that page--you'll find it quoted and links to it throughout this thread (like here). Just because something isn't listed in those highly abbreviated release notes doesn't mean that it wasn't added--Cinavia detection might have been added whether it's listed there or not.

Every complex piece of electronics that I've worked on (multi-function networked office devices, mobile phones, etc) has released with literally thousands of known bugs intact. They're all graded in degree of severity and the product can be released with anything that's not labelled "serious" or "show-stopping". Work continues on bug fixes after release. Products like these will be built on the codebase for previous products and future products will be built on its codebase.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
post #7569 of 8473 Old 04-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Newbie
 
Reloaderdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Anaheim Hills, California
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes, I agree with you...it could have been added and not listed. What I posted
was off the Japan website for the North American units. There very well could
be more "enhancements" that were also added and not listed.

It would be nice if we could just load a disc in the player and have all the
changes shown on the screen. I have the BDT210 and I haven't run into any
hiccups yet, not to say that I won't ever.

I think the studios are going way overboard on all the copy protection on
movies we purchase, but I understand why they are doing it.
Reloaderdave is offline  
post #7570 of 8473 Old 04-08-2012, 02:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 16,309
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 459
I was just pointing out that the existence of that page on the Japanese website is known and the release comments there have been discussed here. I'm sure that Brian Miller has seen those couple of lines and knows that they don't mean that Cinavia hasn't been added. (I personally strongly doubt that it has, since Panasonic can't be compelled to do it, its ACCS licensing for the BDTx10s having been obtained before the Cinavia requirement. They have no motive for spending the money to add it).

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
post #7571 of 8473 Old 04-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Brandenborg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post

I ve read that the DMP-BT110 does support DLNA. Does this mean I can play my BDMV+CERTIFICATE (Blu-Ray folder structure) movies that are located on my PC that s in the same networkas my Panasonic DMP-BT110?

Unfortunately I don't believe you can do that. But it partly depends on your DLNA server software

These players only natively support a few video formats through DLNA. Using Win7 built-in DLNA, I've played lots of MPEG2 TS files, which works very well. Others report playing M2TS files with AVC/H.264 content. It seems transport streams work best - probably because the players don't buffer much.

Others have reported success using Mezzmo DLNA server. Do note, however, that any formats not natively supported by the player will be transcoded by the DLNA server, which always reduces quality.

If you search this thread, you'll find tons of valuable information.
Brandenborg is offline  
post #7572 of 8473 Old 04-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Member
 
F.Ultra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

I was just pointing out that the existence of that page on the Japanese website is known and the release comments there have been discussed here. I'm sure that Brian Miller has seen those couple of lines and knows that they don't mean that Cinavia hasn't been added. (I personally strongly doubt that it has, since Panasonic can't be compelled to do it, its ACCS licensing for the BDTx10s having been obtained before the Cinavia requirement. They have no motive for spending the money to add it).

Exactly, the ACCS can force Panasonic & Co to pay a license fee to Verance for each manufactured 2012 player. The the ACCS requires it is the only reason that the HW manufacturers adds this so why would they include it with firmware for their 2011 models and thus have to pay a license fee for all those millions of old players?
F.Ultra is offline  
post #7573 of 8473 Old 04-09-2012, 04:38 AM
Senior Member
 
jefny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonRetina5000 View Post

I'm on the fence about returning my 310 because of inconsistent noise levels during movie playback. Noise varies depending on what chapter the disc is on. Half the time it's pretty quiet; the other half will produce varying degrees of noise equivalent to the sound of a hairdryer. I would return it for a 220, but the chances of it outputting the same noise is highly likely; as I hear all blu-ray drives are inherently louder than dvd drives because they require more processing power.

I just purchased and installed a 310 and noise is not an issue.

I should mention that I went from a Panasonic 85K to the 310 and even though I liked the older model I found the 310 an improvement in many ways. Network setup was easier (not that I had much trouble with the 85) and its built in wireless appears to be more sensitive as I am getting a stronger signal. It has Netflix search capability that the 85 did not and seems to be generally easier to navigate. I assume the 210 has many of the same improvements if you don't need the 2nd hdmi out.

Of course the reason I got the 85 in the first place, analog outs are no longer necessary because of the second hdmi out. This in turn has led to better hi def sound.

John
jefny is offline  
post #7574 of 8473 Old 04-09-2012, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sanderdvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The Netherlands, Europe
Posts: 2,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandenborg View Post

Unfortunately I don't believe you can do that. But it partly depends on your DLNA server software

These players only natively support a few video formats through DLNA. Using Win7 built-in DLNA, I've played lots of MPEG2 TS files, which works very well. Others report playing M2TS files with AVC/H.264 content. It seems transport streams work best - probably because the players don't buffer much.

Others have reported success using Mezzmo DLNA server. Do note, however, that any formats not natively supported by the player will be transcoded by the DLNA server, which always reduces quality.

If you search this thread, you'll find tons of valuable information.

Searched the entire topic but there is really nothing I can find about BDMV+CERTIFICATE (Blu-Ray folder) support......
sanderdvd is offline  
post #7575 of 8473 Old 04-09-2012, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sanderdvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The Netherlands, Europe
Posts: 2,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 23
(I can t find the correct answer to my question in the official Panasonic thread)

Does the Panasonic DMP-BDT110 support BDMV+CERTIFICATE (Blu-Ray folder structure)? If not, are there any Blu-Ray players besides the Oppo that support this? (a must is also 3D disc playback capability).

thxz
sanderdvd is offline  
post #7576 of 8473 Old 04-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Brian Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 449
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandbeth View Post

Brian, man to man. I took your request as something you were interested in. If there is any software available that will scan the disk, say by using the BR player in my computer, and report this Cinavia watermark is present, let me know through PM.

Thank you for offering to help! I love this forum for the incredibly helpful and knowledgeable people on it. Unfortunately, I know of no such software that can scan for or report Cinavia. I think it will take someone who is willing & able to play a backup DVD or Blu-Ray disc on their player.
Brian Miller is offline  
post #7577 of 8473 Old 04-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Member
 
F.Ultra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post

(I can t find the correct answer to my question in the official Panasonic thread)

Does the Panasonic DMP-BDT110 support BDMV+CERTIFICATE (Blu-Ray folder structure)? If not, are there any Blu-Ray players besides the Oppo that support this? (a must is also 3D disc playback capability).

thxz

It does not, the Panasonics only accept pure MPEG-2 files over DLNA and possible a few more formats over a Network Share or USB but certainly not something that contains a menu structure. And regarding the Oppo, didn't they just drop ISO support so probably there are not BR player that currently support what you are looking for. You'd better look at some dedicated media player!
F.Ultra is offline  
post #7578 of 8473 Old 04-10-2012, 01:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sanderdvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The Netherlands, Europe
Posts: 2,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.Ultra View Post

It does not, the Panasonics only accept pure MPEG-2 files over DLNA and possible a few more formats over a Network Share or USB but certainly not something that contains a menu structure. And regarding the Oppo, didn't they just drop ISO support so probably there are not BR player that currently support what you are looking for. You'd better look at some dedicated media player!

Thanks for your reply.
I need the Panasonic 110 for it s 3D Blu-Ray disc capability.

And does the Panasonic maybe supports .m2ts playback?
sanderdvd is offline  
post #7579 of 8473 Old 04-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Newbie
 
tnmg96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone else had trouble with the app finding the blu ray player? Mine keeps searching but never pulls it up. I've tried everything short of calling tech support. Tried search here but no luck. BTW I have the 210.
Thanks
tnmg96 is offline  
post #7580 of 8473 Old 04-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
centauro74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 603
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnmg96 View Post

Anyone else had trouble with the app finding the blu ray player? Mine keeps searching but never pulls it up. I've tried everything short of calling tech support. Tried search here but no luck. BTW I have the 210.
Thanks

Did you go in the settings of the BD player to activate the option of remote control?

centauro74 is online now  
post #7581 of 8473 Old 04-11-2012, 05:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Brandenborg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post


Thanks for your reply.
I need the Panasonic 110 for it s 3D Blu-Ray disc capability.

And does the Panasonic maybe supports .m2ts playback?

As I replied to you a couple days ago, it doesn't support BD folder structure through DLNA. But some people have reported m2ts in this thread. MPEG2 is the only guarantied natively supported format through DLNA, though, anything else depends on the DLNA server. Did you check Mezzmo, which I mentioned as well?

And once again, if you search the thread for something a little broader, like "DLNA m2ts", I'm pretty sure you will find results. The way search works, you may have to try a few combinations of words, and the exact answer may not always be the first on the list. Of course that's where it's easier to just keep asking instead, I understand...
Brandenborg is offline  
post #7582 of 8473 Old 04-11-2012, 06:07 AM
Newbie
 
tnmg96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by centauro74 View Post

Did you go in the settings of the BD player to activate the option of remote control?

Yep, says it is confirm the player is on the subnet or to check to see if remote device setting is on. I don't know what the subnet is. But when I check the network device list, my phone is showing up there. BTW, I also found out its a 220 not a 210. Does this make a difference?
tnmg96 is offline  
post #7583 of 8473 Old 04-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Newbie
 
drodgers3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi

Hoping someone can help with this weird one!!

This is my setup: Kenwood KRF-V7300D 7.1 receiver, Panasonic DMP-BDT310 3D blu-ray player, PS3 and LG 42LW4500 3D LCD TV.

Kenwood connected to TV via HDMI - no problems. PS3 connected by HDMI to Kenwood HDMI 1 - result - picture passed through to TV, hi-def 7.1 sound - no problems.

Panasonic DMP-3DT310 - HDMI AV OUT MAIN connected directly to TV - no picture problems. HDMI AV OUT SUB connected to Kenwood HDMI 2 result - no sound at all. All settings on the Panasonic are set for the audio to be sent through its AV OUT SUB connection as per the manual and the various comments posted here.

Strange thing is about maybe 5% of the time for no logical reason sound will emerge say on the blu-ray menu but as it switches to the movie nothing and then when reverts back to menu still nothing even though it was playing it a moment ago, but as said this happens extremely rarely. On only one occasion has sound came through and lasted for a movie, including the movie being split over two discs (The Ten Commandments blu-ray).

Things I have tried:
Changed all the HDMI cables - same problem.

As the PS3 is connected to the Kenwood with no problems I swapped the HDMI connections on the back of the Kenwood around for the PS3 and Panasonic without changing any settings on any device. PS3 works no problem, Panasonic the problem follows it and the result is the same. This would tend me to believe the problem is with settings on the Panasonic but after scouring the manual and the fact that it has worked for a whole movie once and then only 5% per cent of the time from then onwards is just totally bizarre to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Darin.
drodgers3 is offline  
post #7584 of 8473 Old 04-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Senior Member
 
sbsidlov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: the garden state
Posts: 229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There are two required settings for the HDMI SUB: No Video (HDMI V.Sub Out = Off - a LED will light on the display), and HDMI SUB Audio = ON. Compression, downmix, reformat, etc should all be off as your receiver can handle whatever it tossed at it (and it should output high res sound anyway by default with those settings like that). IF this doesn't work, then try flipping the audio out toggle on the HDMI (main) off- but that's over ridden by the HDMI Sub settings (meaning it should cut off the audio on the HDMI Main when the Sub is set to Video Off).

Quote:
Originally Posted by drodgers3 View Post

Hi

Hoping someone can help with this weird one!!

This is my setup: Kenwood KRF-V7300D 7.1 receiver, Panasonic DMP-BDT310 3D blu-ray player, PS3 and LG 42LW4500 3D LCD TV.

Kenwood connected to TV via HDMI - no problems. PS3 connected by HDMI to Kenwood HDMI 1 - result - picture passed through to TV, hi-def 7.1 sound - no problems.

Panasonic DMP-3DT310 - HDMI AV OUT MAIN connected directly to TV - no picture problems. HDMI AV OUT SUB connected to Kenwood HDMI 2 result - no sound at all. All settings on the Panasonic are set for the audio to be sent through its AV OUT SUB connection as per the manual and the various comments posted here.

Strange thing is about maybe 5% of the time for no logical reason sound will emerge say on the blu-ray menu but as it switches to the movie nothing and then when reverts back to menu still nothing even though it was playing it a moment ago, but as said this happens extremely rarely. On only one occasion has sound came through and lasted for a movie, including the movie being split over two discs (The Ten Commandments blu-ray).

Things I have tried:
Changed all the HDMI cables - same problem.

As the PS3 is connected to the Kenwood with no problems I swapped the HDMI connections on the back of the Kenwood around for the PS3 and Panasonic without changing any settings on any device. PS3 works no problem, Panasonic the problem follows it and the result is the same. This would tend me to believe the problem is with settings on the Panasonic but after scouring the manual and the fact that it has worked for a whole movie once and then only 5% per cent of the time from then onwards is just totally bizarre to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Darin.

sbsidlov is offline  
post #7585 of 8473 Old 04-13-2012, 12:45 AM
Newbie
 
drodgers3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks, I have tried all that but done it again just to make sure and nothing :-(.

However I tried something else this morning which makes me think the Kenwood no longer likes the Panny (even though it has worked in the past).

I connected the Panny to the TV directly for audio and video through HDMI AV MAIN, confirmed sound and picture. I then unplugged it from the TV and plugged it in the Kenwood and nothing no picture or sound! That would suggest to me that the Kenwood is not liking any of the output from the Panny.

I then just to make sure I was getting sound from the HDMI AV SUB, changed the setting on the Panny to V.Off, etc. connected AV SUB directly to the TV and sure enough from the TV no picture (as it should be) but sound. Therefore there is nothing wrong with the settings on the Panny or anything wrong with its connectors.

So even though it has worked in the past, I can only assume the Kenwood no longer likes any incoming signals from the Panny.

That has really p****d me off . The only way I can seem to get sound to the Kenwood from the Panny is to connect the Panny directly to the TV with HDMI AV MAIN and then connect the Panny's opitcal to the optical on the Kenwood.

What is the point of spending lots of money on various pieces of kit if they don't like each other? Not happy in the slightest.

Darin.

P.S. If I have no choice but to change my receiver, has anyone had any problems with the Sony STR-DH520?





Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsidlov View Post

There are two required settings for the HDMI SUB: No Video (HDMI V.Sub Out = Off - a LED will light on the display), and HDMI SUB Audio = ON. Compression, downmix, reformat, etc should all be off as your receiver can handle whatever it tossed at it (and it should output high res sound anyway by default with those settings like that). IF this doesn't work, then try flipping the audio out toggle on the HDMI (main) off- but that's over ridden by the HDMI Sub settings (meaning it should cut off the audio on the HDMI Main when the Sub is set to Video Off).

drodgers3 is offline  
post #7586 of 8473 Old 04-13-2012, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
moxie1617's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Chicago Metro
Posts: 2,429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by drodgers3 View Post

Thanks, I have tried all that but done it again just to make sure and nothing :-(.

However I tried something else this morning which makes me think the Kenwood no longer likes the Panny (even though it has worked in the past).

I connected the Panny to the TV directly for audio and video through HDMI AV MAIN, confirmed sound and picture. I then unplugged it from the TV and plugged it in the Kenwood and nothing no picture or sound! That would suggest to me that the Kenwood is not liking any of the output from the Panny.

I then just to make sure I was getting sound from the HDMI AV SUB, changed the setting on the Panny to V.Off, etc. connected AV SUB directly to the TV and sure enough from the TV no picture (as it should be) but sound. Therefore there is nothing wrong with the settings on the Panny or anything wrong with its connectors.

So even though it has worked in the past, I can only assume the Kenwood no longer likes any incoming signals from the Panny.

That has really p****d me off . The only way I can seem to get sound to the Kenwood from the Panny is to connect the Panny directly to the TV with HDMI AV MAIN and then connect the Panny's opitcal to the optical on the Kenwood.

What is the point of spending lots of money on various pieces of kit if they don't like each other? Not happy in the slightest.

Darin.

P.S. If I have no choice but to change my receiver, has anyone had any problems with the Sony STR-DH520?

if you want to keep your HK get rid of the Panny and get the Sony BDP-S790. I had problems with weak Panny HDMI board combined with a weak Pioneer HDMI board. No problems since I switced to Sony.
moxie1617 is offline  
post #7587 of 8473 Old 04-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Senior Member
 
sbsidlov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: the garden state
Posts: 229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Your receiver has specific settings for HDMI and each HDMI port, if the interlinks are on etc, and you can control what each input does/expects to do. So if the HDMI that the panny is connected to expects Video and Audio, it might not function correctly, and interlink settings might be incompatible. Maybe revisiting the settings (as outlined on pg 40 of the pdf manual would help. http://images.kenwood.eu/files/prod/..._7300D_ENG.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by drodgers3 View Post

Thanks, I have tried all that but done it again just to make sure and nothing :-(.

However I tried something else this morning which makes me think the Kenwood no longer likes the Panny (even though it has worked in the past).

I connected the Panny to the TV directly for audio and video through HDMI AV MAIN, confirmed sound and picture. I then unplugged it from the TV and plugged it in the Kenwood and nothing no picture or sound! That would suggest to me that the Kenwood is not liking any of the output from the Panny.

I then just to make sure I was getting sound from the HDMI AV SUB, changed the setting on the Panny to V.Off, etc. connected AV SUB directly to the TV and sure enough from the TV no picture (as it should be) but sound. Therefore there is nothing wrong with the settings on the Panny or anything wrong with its connectors.

So even though it has worked in the past, I can only assume the Kenwood no longer likes any incoming signals from the Panny.

That has really p****d me off . The only way I can seem to get sound to the Kenwood from the Panny is to connect the Panny directly to the TV with HDMI AV MAIN and then connect the Panny's opitcal to the optical on the Kenwood.

What is the point of spending lots of money on various pieces of kit if they don't like each other? Not happy in the slightest.

Darin.

P.S. If I have no choice but to change my receiver, has anyone had any problems with the Sony STR-DH520?

sbsidlov is offline  
post #7588 of 8473 Old 04-14-2012, 02:54 AM
Newbie
 
drodgers3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I thought of that as well. But if I connect the Panny HDMI MAIN to the Kenwood HDMI1 and make sure the Kenwood is set on A/V I should get both video and sound but I get absolutely nothing :-(
drodgers3 is offline  
post #7589 of 8473 Old 04-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Senior Member
 
sbsidlov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: the garden state
Posts: 229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drodgers3 View Post

I thought of that as well. But if I connect the Panny HDMI MAIN to the Kenwood HDMI1 and make sure the Kenwood is set on A/V I should get both video and sound but I get absolutely nothing :-(

Sorry to hear that, have you called Panasonic customer support? Maybe they'll swap the unit for you, it simply sounds defective.

(I love virtually thumbing the manuals of other people's receivers, as I only have a 6.1 AVR and it doesn't do the latest 7.1 audio codecs. I don't trust sales people to actually know what they're talking about, and I need phono inputs as well as regular stereo inputs. So, I'm looking at newer models based on what people here post. Though I would rather skip 7.1 and go to 9.1. I'm thinking of buying another 5.1 speaker setup and combining it with my current one to make a 10/9.2 setup, but there seem not to be very many 9.2 AVR and the prices are damaging though I did find a new Dennon 40% off on ebay...)
sbsidlov is offline  
post #7590 of 8473 Old 04-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Senior Member
 
jefny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drodgers3 View Post

I thought of that as well. But if I connect the Panny HDMI MAIN to the Kenwood HDMI1 and make sure the Kenwood is set on A/V I should get both video and sound but I get absolutely nothing :-(

I have somewhat similar setup to you. I have the Panasonic 310 with the main hdmi out to my overhead projector and the sub hdmi out to my Marantz SR5005 receiver for audio. I also have a 7.1 speaker system. I had recently upgraded my blueray from an older Panasonic BD player. The results have been a great picture and hi def sound.

In addition to settings on the Panny to turn video off on the sub and audio off on the main you have to make sure your receiver's inputs are correctly aligned as another posting has said. I had no sound at first but when I went into my Marantz menu and matched the hdmi input with input from the bluray player it worked like a charm.

In principle you should have to only run one hdmi cable from your Panasonic 310 (main) for both sound and audio to your receiver if it has hdmi 1.3 or higher hdmi out to your television. In my case my receiver needed a 35 foot hdmi run to my overhead projector which really is too long and I sometimes lost signal. It worked much better for video to go directly to the front projector from the Panny main for me.

It is possible that you have a defective Panasonic 310 but I think it is more likel;y the problem is in the settings which have to matchup with both the receiver and the player.

John
jefny is offline  
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bdt110 3d 2d Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Movies , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt30 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Dmp Bdt100 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Receivers Amplifiers , Sony Bdp S770 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi , Panasonic 1080p Blu Ray Player Dmp Bd35ak Brand , Panasonic Dmp Bd55k Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off