Official Panasonic DMP-BDT110/210/310 Owners Thread - Page 254 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #7591 of 8499 Old 04-15-2012, 01:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks John.

I thought it might be a defective Panny but the thing that rules that out I think is that if I connect the Panny via its HDMI MAIN directly to the TV then I get picture and sound. If I attach the Panny directly to the TV via is HDMI SUB I only get sound (which is correct). So I know the Panny is outputting exactly what it is supposed to.

I think it is just a case of the Kenwood not accepting the signal for some reason. I did note that when the Panny is connected to the Kenwood and I get no signal, when I press the display button on the Kenwood remote the Kenwood does not report "No signal" (like it does when there is nothing connected) but it reports "Unknown".

Anyway I have taken the plunge and bought a Pioneer VSX 826 K. I hope I get better results with that!

Darin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7592 of 8499 Old 04-15-2012, 06:00 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Darin,
I don't mean to insult anyone's wizardry with their own equipment, but have you checked your Kenwood settings to confirm that its A/V mode/function is indeed mapped to its HDMI2 port? I recall in an earlier post you were using the Kenwood's HDMI2 port for the Panny BD player.

When in doubt, do the right thing.
post #7593 of 8499 Old 04-15-2012, 06:26 AM

Hi Sgooter

No offence taken!

Yep checked that. In fact If I disconnect the Panny from the Kenwood and attached the PS3 without changing any settings on the Kenwood and picture and sound came through no problem. Re-attached the Panny and nothing, and the Kenwood reports "Unknown". I think the fact that on very, VERY rare occasions it will work says to me that it is a handshake problem with the Kenwood. Such a shame as the Kenwood 7.1 amp is so good....anyway looking forward to receiving the Pioneer VSX 826 K this week, hopefully with no such problems! Any one in Barcelona/Sitges would like to purchase a Kenwood KRF-V7300D (as long as you don't have a Panny DMP-BDT310? LOL

Darin.
post #7594 of 8499 Old 04-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drodgers3 View Post

...Any one in Barcelona/Sitges would like to purchase a Kenwood KRF-V7300D (as long as you don't have a Panny DMP-BDT310? LOL
Darin.

Wow, haven't heard Sitges mentioned in a long time. Spent a few memorable weekends there -- while flying out of Zaragoza for periodic weapons training.

post #7595 of 8499 Old 04-15-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:

Hi Sgooter

No offence taken!

Yep checked that. In fact If I disconnect the Panny from the Kenwood and attached the PS3 without changing any settings on the Kenwood and picture and sound came through no problem. Re-attached the Panny and nothing, and the Kenwood reports "Unknown". I think the fact that on very, VERY rare occasions it will work says to me that it is a handshake problem with the Kenwood. Such a shame as the Kenwood 7.1 amp is so good....anyway looking forward to receiving the Pioneer VSX 826 K this week, hopefully with no such problems! Any one in Barcelona/Sitges would like to purchase a Kenwood KRF-V7300D (as long as you don't have a Panny DMP-BDT310? LOL

Darin.

This is exactly what was posted by the member with the marantz, you state that it works fine with the ps3 with both sound and video, but as he and I stated, and possibly indicated by the unknown displayed on the set is that the avr is expecting a different device handshake with both audio and video. Do you really change the hdmi to audio only on the avr?
post #7596 of 8499 Old 04-15-2012, 11:41 PM

Hi Sbsidlov

You cannot change the Kenwood to audio only. It only has three settings as follows:

Off - turns HDMI off and engages the second optical input for sound.
Video - accepts video only through the HDMI
A/V - accepts both video and sound through the HDMI.

There is no setting just to accept audio.

Despite all that though, even if I attach the Panny (set to put out picture and sound through its AV MAIN) to the Kenwood and setting the Kenwood to A/V to accept both sound and video, I get neither picture nor sound and I know the Kenwood is set right as if I unplug the Panny and attach the PS3 into Kenwood's same HDMI socket I get picture and sound immediately.

It cannot be a problem with the Panny as if I then immediately plug the Panny into the TV directly I get both picture and sound.

Darin.
post #7597 of 8499 Old 04-16-2012, 04:03 AM

Oops, I re-read the Kenwood's HDMI section, I stand corrected. IMO, that explains why UNKNOWN is displayed when the HDMI SUB is set to audio only as the Kenwood simply doesn't understand the Panny's HDMI handshake. Is the HDMI Link setting set to Off? (I think it should be.) I find it curious that the HDMI main (or the sub for that matter) doesn't work in full AV mode. Makes me want to ask for a full reset of both units (but that would be a PITA for the kenwood, I imagine).

Quote:

Hi Sbsidlov

You cannot change the Kenwood to audio only. It only has three settings as follows:

Despite all that though, even if I attach the Panny (set to put out picture and sound through its AV MAIN) to the Kenwood and setting the Kenwood to A/V to accept both sound and video, I get neither picture nor sound and I know the Kenwood is set right as if I unplug the Panny and attach the PS3 into Kenwood's same HDMI socket I get picture and sound immediately.

It cannot be a problem with the Panny as if I then immediately plug the Panny into the TV directly I get both picture and sound.

Darin.

post #7598 of 8499 Old 04-16-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:

Hi Sbsidlov

Darin.

Do you have the Kenwood's HDMI out connected to the TV? My first thought is the Kenwood's looking for video parameters in order to accept the signal. If not, perhaps try connecting the Kenwood's HDMI out to an unused HDMI input port on the TV.
post #7599 of 8499 Old 04-19-2012, 02:38 PM

Liked: 11
any 310 owners upgrading to 320? I am a bit worried about the noise levels since the 310 didn´t work for me for that reason.
post #7600 of 8499 Old 04-19-2012, 02:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqvist View Post

any 310 owners upgrading to 320? I am a bit worried about the noise levels since the 310 didn´t work for me for that reason.

I think you'd be better off asking in the 220/320 thread.
post #7601 of 8499 Old 04-19-2012, 04:41 PM

I have a BDT-110 with a dongle and through my router it picks up and plays on my TV any YouTube program I have saved through my computer so there is a connection there but when I play a movie on my computer I cannot get it up to my TV.

Is there any way I can see on TV whatever I am looking at on my computer?

....Ott
post #7602 of 8499 Old 04-20-2012, 12:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone tried playing a DVD-R or DVD+R? I'm trying to create a slideshow and have burned it to both types of discs but my player says it's incompatible. I have the 110. Thanks

XBOX 360-RY35AN
PS3-RY35AN
post #7603 of 8499 Old 04-20-2012, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott Gangl View Post

I have a BDT-110 with a dongle and through my router it picks up and plays on my TV any YouTube program I have saved through my computer so there is a connection there but when I play a movie on my computer I cannot get it up to my TV.

....Ott

Not possible.
post #7604 of 8499 Old 04-20-2012, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Ott,
Why not connect your computer directly to your TV? There are wireless senders that work very well and even relay keyboard/mouse commands back to your PC.

RY35AN,
Did you finalize them? What do you mean by slideshow, just individual jpg's or something else? Panny has it's own slideshow app which should play your jpg files.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7605 of 8499 Old 04-20-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:

Hi Sgooter

No offence taken!

Darin.

Well the Pioneer VSX 826 K arrived and I have no problems with getting the sound and/or picture through it, therefore I can only assume the the Kenwood was definitely at fault. Buyers beware if you have a Panny 310!
post #7606 of 8499 Old 04-20-2012, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott Gangl View Post

....Ott

Perhaps PlayOn would work (http://www.playon.tv/). They list a number of directly supported devices that does not include the Panasonic Blu-Ray players, but there is still hope. Here is what they say about other devices:

Quote:

PlayOn will work on a number of other DLNA-compliant devices.
Keep in mind, we can't test every DLNA compliant device out there, but most of them are compatible with PlayOn. Share your feedback with us and other users in our Media Devices forum.

I believe you can get a free demo for a week or so.
post #7607 of 8499 Old 04-21-2012, 05:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Well the Pioneer VSX 826 K arrived and I have no problems with getting the sound and/or picture through it, therefore I can only assume the the Kenwood was definitely at fault. Buyers beware if you have a Panny 310!

The Pioneers VSX series are superb AVRs - glad to hear it solved the problem - enjoy!

post #7608 of 8499 Old 04-21-2012, 09:48 AM

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I initially thought I could hook up my external HD to this player, yet there is no connectivity, perhaps it's in the wrong format or I need a driver of some kind, I'm not sure, but would appreciate any help.
post #7609 of 8499 Old 04-21-2012, 10:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I initially thought I could hook up my external HD to this player, yet there is no connectivity, perhaps it's in the wrong format or I need a driver of some kind, I'm not sure, but would appreciate any help.

It needs to be externally powered and FAT32 formatted (this year's models can handle NTSF). The BD player's USB connection doesn't have sufficient power to run an HDD.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"
" -- hookbill
post #7610 of 8499 Old 04-21-2012, 11:59 AM

Thanks for response. So if I have a full TB I won't be able to convert the format?
post #7611 of 8499 Old 04-21-2012, 12:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post

Thanks for response. So if I have a full TB I won't be able to convert the format?

You could always copy it to a drive which has sufficient space, format the old drive in FAT32 and copy the files back onto it. Or you could find a program to do the conversion; I'm sure that they exist, though some will probably cost money. Or you could sell your 2011 BDTx10 and buy a 2012 Panasonic 3D BD player which can play files from NTFS volumes . Of course, you don't have any guarantee that the BDTx10 will play your files once you have them on something that it can read; you might want to put a few on a flash drive and try them from there.

"
" -- hookbill
post #7612 of 8499 Old 04-21-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

You could always copy it to a drive which has sufficient space, format the old drive in FAT32 and copy the files back onto it. Or you could find a program to do the conversion; I'm sure that they exist, though some will probably cost money. Or you could sell your 2011 BDTx10 and buy a 2012 Panasonic 3D BD player which can play files from NTFS volumes . Of course, you don't have any guarantee that the BDTx10 will play your files once you have them on something that it can read; you might want to put a few on a flash drive and try them from there.

Thanks for the advice/help.
post #7613 of 8499 Old 04-21-2012, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
I believe FAT32 only supports 4 GB files size, which makes any size drive almost useless.
post #7614 of 8499 Old 04-22-2012, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by RY35AN View Post

Has anyone tried playing a DVD-R or DVD+R? I'm trying to create a slideshow and have burned it to both types of discs but my player says it's incompatible. I have the 110. Thanks

Need a little more info, could simply be the brand of disc or format. I play DVD+R movies with no issues.
post #7615 of 8499 Old 04-22-2012, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colour View Post

Need a little more info, could simply be the brand of disc or format. I play DVD+R movies with no issues.

Got it, thanks. When you mentioned format I figured out that was the problem. I had to convert it, thanks for mentioning that. I would have never figured it out.

XBOX 360-RY35AN
PS3-RY35AN
post #7616 of 8499 Old 04-22-2012, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Ott,
Why not connect your computer directly to your TV? There are wireless senders that work very well and even relay keyboard/mouse commands back to your PC.

RY35AN,
Did you finalize them? What do you mean by slideshow, just individual jpg's or something else? Panny has it's own slideshow app which should play your jpg files.

Yeah, I figured out what my problem was. I was trying to play a WMV file burned onto a DVD. I converted it and it works like a charm. Thanks!

XBOX 360-RY35AN
PS3-RY35AN
post #7617 of 8499 Old 04-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
2 years in a row CNET has picked panny BR player best player of the year. 210 last year, 220 this.
post #7618 of 8499 Old 04-22-2012, 03:34 PM

Liked: 21
Panasonic probably buys a lot of ads there. Yes, these things happen all the time...
post #7619 of 8499 Old 04-22-2012, 03:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandenborg View Post

Panasonic probably buys a lot of ads there. Yes, these things happen all the time...

No doubt true, though the 2012 and 2011 Panasonic 3D BD players are surely top candidates for "Best of the Year". For various reasons I chose to go with the 2012 Sony (mostly the Panasonic player's almost unusably unresponsive Netflix UI navigation; 90% of my time using the player would be playing Netflix video).

"
" -- hookbill
post #7620 of 8499 Old 04-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
90% of my viewing involves being away from Netfilx's borderline useless streaming content.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bdt110 3d 2d Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Movies , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt30 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Dmp Bdt100 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Receivers Amplifiers , Sony Bdp S770 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi , Panasonic 1080p Blu Ray Player Dmp Bd35ak Brand , Panasonic Dmp Bd55k Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - P50gt30 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page