Forum Jump: 

post #8491 of 8497 Old 08-16-2014, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post
We've discussed this player at length regarding Cinavia. It does not, nor will it ever, have Cinavia. Panasonic is not required to implement it on this player.

S~
Just because it is not required does not mean they won't voluntarily add it to an update. I have read several similar responses in this thread, all of which state that Cinavia is not a requirement, but so far I have not seen actual confirmation that the latest firmware is in fact Cinavia free.

Can anyone actually confirm that v1.92 is Cinavia free (e.g. have tested it on a back up disc that is known to have Cinavia)?

Thank you.

BDT310, FW v1.88. BTW, Netflix is currently disabled because the player is attempting to push the update and it won't let me use that app until I upgrade. Very sleazy of them to do this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8492 of 8497 Old 08-17-2014, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerging View Post
Does this only work for out of zone Blu-rays? I tried it with an out of zone DVD and it didn't work
I believe so, because DVD standards are different between region A and B (NTSC vs. PAL), but not so for HD, i.e., Blu-ray content.

My concern is will this "trick" still work if I upgrade the firmware from 1.88 to 1.92? Sounds like I should stay away from FW v1.92 anyways....
post #8493 of 8497 Old 08-17-2014, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpikwik View Post
I believe so, because DVD standards are different between region A and B (NTSC vs. PAL), but not so for HD, i.e., Blu-ray content.

My concern is will this "trick" still work if I upgrade the firmware from 1.88 to 1.92? Sounds like I should stay away from FW v1.92 anyways....
I used a PAL DVD from one region on a PAL system for another region so that isn't it. It may just not work for DVDs. There are unlock codes for region-freeing for DVDs but not Blu-rays so the software may handle them separately.
post #8494 of 8497 Old 08-17-2014, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpikwik View Post

I have 1.92 installed and it still works fine.
post #8495 of 8497 Old 08-20-2014, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Problem with update

I updated to the newest firmware last week on my 210 and now I am not able to play the Pixar movie Ratatouille. It will play the previews but when I try to bring up the top menu to play the movie it just sits on a black screen. All of my other blu rays work except this one. Anybody else having problems like this? Any tips? I tried contacting panny support but they were absolutely worthless.
post #8496 of 8497 Old 08-21-2014, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriesm View Post
I updated to the newest firmware last week on my 210 and now I am not able to play the Pixar movie Ratatouille. It will play the previews but when I try to bring up the top menu to play the movie it just sits on a black screen. All of my other blu rays work except this one. Anybody else having problems like this? Any tips? I tried contacting panny support but they were absolutely worthless.
Do you have a memory card installed? If so try removing it or erasing it. Also try letting it load for a few minutes more. I have a couple discs that take 3-4 minutes to fully load.
post #8497 of 8497 Old 08-21-2014, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoNuts View Post
Do you have a memory card installed? If so try removing it or erasing it. Also try letting it load for a few minutes more. I have a couple discs that take 3-4 minutes to fully load.
No memory card installed. I have timed it at 5 mins and also at 10 mins but I get nothing.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bdt110 3d 2d Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Movies , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt30 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Dmp Bdt100 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Receivers Amplifiers , Sony Bdp S770 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi , Panasonic 1080p Blu Ray Player Dmp Bd35ak Brand , Panasonic Dmp Bd55k Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - P50gt30 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page