Forum Jump: 

post #8491 of 8509 Old 08-16-2014, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post
We've discussed this player at length regarding Cinavia. It does not, nor will it ever, have Cinavia. Panasonic is not required to implement it on this player.

S~
Just because it is not required does not mean they won't voluntarily add it to an update. I have read several similar responses in this thread, all of which state that Cinavia is not a requirement, but so far I have not seen actual confirmation that the latest firmware is in fact Cinavia free.

Can anyone actually confirm that v1.92 is Cinavia free (e.g. have tested it on a back up disc that is known to have Cinavia)?

Thank you.

BDT310, FW v1.88. BTW, Netflix is currently disabled because the player is attempting to push the update and it won't let me use that app until I upgrade. Very sleazy of them to do this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8492 of 8509 Old 08-17-2014, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerging View Post
Does this only work for out of zone Blu-rays? I tried it with an out of zone DVD and it didn't work
I believe so, because DVD standards are different between region A and B (NTSC vs. PAL), but not so for HD, i.e., Blu-ray content.

My concern is will this "trick" still work if I upgrade the firmware from 1.88 to 1.92? Sounds like I should stay away from FW v1.92 anyways....
post #8493 of 8509 Old 08-17-2014, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpikwik View Post
I believe so, because DVD standards are different between region A and B (NTSC vs. PAL), but not so for HD, i.e., Blu-ray content.

My concern is will this "trick" still work if I upgrade the firmware from 1.88 to 1.92? Sounds like I should stay away from FW v1.92 anyways....
I used a PAL DVD from one region on a PAL system for another region so that isn't it. It may just not work for DVDs. There are unlock codes for region-freeing for DVDs but not Blu-rays so the software may handle them separately.
post #8494 of 8509 Old 08-17-2014, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpikwik View Post

I have 1.92 installed and it still works fine.
post #8495 of 8509 Old 08-20-2014, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Problem with update

I updated to the newest firmware last week on my 210 and now I am not able to play the Pixar movie Ratatouille. It will play the previews but when I try to bring up the top menu to play the movie it just sits on a black screen. All of my other blu rays work except this one. Anybody else having problems like this? Any tips? I tried contacting panny support but they were absolutely worthless.
post #8496 of 8509 Old 08-21-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriesm View Post
I updated to the newest firmware last week on my 210 and now I am not able to play the Pixar movie Ratatouille. It will play the previews but when I try to bring up the top menu to play the movie it just sits on a black screen. All of my other blu rays work except this one. Anybody else having problems like this? Any tips? I tried contacting panny support but they were absolutely worthless.
Do you have a memory card installed? If so try removing it or erasing it. Also try letting it load for a few minutes more. I have a couple discs that take 3-4 minutes to fully load.
post #8497 of 8509 Old 08-21-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoNuts View Post
Do you have a memory card installed? If so try removing it or erasing it. Also try letting it load for a few minutes more. I have a couple discs that take 3-4 minutes to fully load.
No memory card installed. I have timed it at 5 mins and also at 10 mins but I get nothing.
post #8498 of 8509 Old 09-03-2014, 05:59 PM

Remote won't work at all after trying to change code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Macdonald View Post
Not sure if anyone is still following this thread now but ive got a really weird and annoying problem with my 310. The remote can turn the unit on but that is it - once on the unit will not accept any remote instructions. The remote is fine, i have also used my harmony one and nothing. The 310 has been in storage for over a year but it is really strange that it will turn on via the remote but nothing else?

Any ideas as without the remote this player is pretty much useless.

Thanks
I just bought a used 310 and after going through the setup routine with the remote, I played a DVD. Then I tried to change the remote code from 1 to 2, in hopes I would be able to control the 310 and my Panasonic 60VT-ZT60 plasma TV with just the TV remote. Now the 310 won't respond to the remote at all, not even on-off. I've put in new batteries (plus and minus oriented correctly, of course). No joy. Then I tried the factory reset procedure (Owner's Manual, page 34: unit off [standby], hold OK, blue button and yellow button at the same time for more than 5 seconds -- tried it again for many more than 5 seconds, too, but the unit never displays the "00 RET" message). Have tried holding down the POWER button for 3 seconds (also per manual, page 34). Have tried unplugging and leaving for a minute or so (pg. 34). I'll try leaving the unit unplugged (everything unplugged, power cable and even the HDMI and Ethernet cables). Any other ideas ?
Thanks !

post #8499 of 8509 Old 09-03-2014, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 379
What you did was change the player's remote address from 1 to 2, not program a different TV code as you should have. To change it back, hold 1 and OK together for 5 seconds.

Check the manual for changing the TV code. Totally different procedure. It should work a Panny TV by default.
ChromeJob likes this.
post #8500 of 8509 Old 09-26-2014, 08:16 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 231
Dp

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by! --Douglas Adams
post #8501 of 8509 Old 09-26-2014, 08:16 AM
Advanced Member

How do I activate the tube emulation feature on the 310 . . . I cannot seem to find it in the setup menu.

Thanks

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by! --Douglas Adams
post #8502 of 8509 Old 09-26-2014, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member

Never mind . . . I finally found how to set tube effects on the 310.

post #8503 of 8509 Old 09-28-2014, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaparsons View Post
I just bought a used 310 and after going through the setup routine with the remote, I played a DVD. Then I tried to change the remote code from 1 to 2, in hopes I would be able to control the 310 and my Panasonic 60VT-ZT60 plasma TV with just the TV remote. Now the 310 won't respond to the remote at all, not even on-off. I've put in new batteries (plus and minus oriented correctly, of course). No joy. Then I tried the factory reset procedure (Owner's Manual, page 34: unit off [standby], hold OK, blue button and yellow button at the same time for more than 5 seconds -- tried it again for many more than 5 seconds, too, but the unit never displays the "00 RET" message). Have tried holding down the POWER button for 3 seconds (also per manual, page 34). Have tried unplugging and leaving for a minute or so (pg. 34). I'll try leaving the unit unplugged (everything unplugged, power cable and even the HDMI and Ethernet cables). Any other ideas ?
Thanks !
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
What you did was change the player's remote address from 1 to 2, not program a different TV code as you should have. To change it back, hold 1 and OK together for 5 seconds.

Check the manual for changing the TV code. Totally different procedure. It should work a Panny TV by default.
My 210 fully supports HDMI-CEC, even with a Samsung TV that calls it "AnyNet." A newer TV's remote will operatemost of the Panny's basic functions. My 2013 Yamaha RV-V775 has buttons to operate the Status and Display menus as well.

Modest "theater": Samsung UN40ES6150, Panasonic BDT210, Yamaha RXV775. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center.
post #8504 of 8509 Old 10-16-2014, 12:28 AM

Human Planet BD-Live not working

Hi everyone, just finished watching disc 3 of the BBC series "Human Planet" and in the special features there is a bd-live segment titled Zanskar. Unfortunately when I try and play it I get a message telling me that my player (DMP-BDT110) is not connected to the network. Well my player *is* defintely connected to the network and to verify I run the connection test and it passes.

Tested BD-Live on the Watchmen director's cut disc and it had no complaints about not connected to network.

Am on latest firmware 1.92

Tried multiple times but could not get past the message. I tried various things like hard coding the DNS server IP addresses - still no luck. All my settings look good.

Has anyone else had this error?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	humanplanetbdlivemsg.PNG
Views:	13
Size:	297.3 KB
ID:	314378  

TV: Panasonic TC-46PGT24 | Blu-ray: Panasonic DMP-BDT110 (wired) | Receiver: HK 3490 | Fronts: 2x Polk Monitor 70's | Roku 3 (wired)
post #8505 of 8509 Old 10-16-2014, 11:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Do you have a sd card in the the slot? I seem to recall needing one installed (4 gb should do) to get past some of the bd live stuff.
post #8506 of 8509 Old 10-16-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyad View Post
Do you have a sd card in the the slot? I seem to recall needing one installed (4 gb should do) to get past some of the bd live stuff.
Yes double checked that and reformatted just to be safe (I have a 2GB Sandisk). No luck. Thanks for the suggestion though

TV: Panasonic TC-46PGT24 | Blu-ray: Panasonic DMP-BDT110 (wired) | Receiver: HK 3490 | Fronts: 2x Polk Monitor 70's | Roku 3 (wired)
post #8507 of 8509 Old 10-16-2014, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,
I own a Panny 210 for 3 years {?} now.I bought it for 3d playing.
I wonder why they won't ad IDX sub subtitle suport to "unleash" 3d [SBS] mkv files for proper playing.
I suspect "duplicating" srt [txt based file] subtitle files is just too much......[this would be the "classical" way to play subtitles for3d mkv or avi files].

Cheers,
N
post #8508 of 8509 Old 10-16-2014, 04:17 PM

It's possible that the bd-live feature for that disc is down or dead. Have you tried it on another player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgj View Post
Hi everyone, just finished watching disc 3 of the BBC series "Human Planet" and in the special features there is a bd-live segment titled Zanskar. Unfortunately when I try and play it I get a message telling me that my player (DMP-BDT110) is not connected to the network. Well my player *is* defintely connected to the network and to verify I run the connection test and it passes.

Tested BD-Live on the Watchmen director's cut disc and it had no complaints about not connected to network.

Am on latest firmware 1.92

Tried multiple times but could not get past the message. I tried various things like hard coding the DNS server IP addresses - still no luck. All my settings look good.

Has anyone else had this error?
post #8509 of 8509 Old 10-16-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoNuts View Post
It's possible that the bd-live feature for that disc is down or dead. Have you tried it on another player?
No, don't have access to another player without buying one. It's not that big of a deal. Sent an email to the bbc but am guessing they will just say try a different blu-ray player.

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bdt110 3d 2d Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Movies , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt30 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Dmp Bdt100 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Receivers Amplifiers , Sony Bdp S770 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi , Panasonic 1080p Blu Ray Player Dmp Bd35ak Brand , Panasonic Dmp Bd55k Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - P50gt30 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page