Official Panasonic DMP-BDT110/210/310 Owners Thread - Page 285 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #8521 of 8547 Old 12-02-2014, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
Funny thing is when I bought this player they were having some kind of a deal where you get Avatar 3D for free
That's how I got mine, it was the first 3D Blu-ray in my collection.

TV: Panasonic TC-46PGT24 | Blu-ray: Panasonic DMP-BDT110 (wired), Sony BDP-S6200 (wired) | Receiver: Sony STR-DN850 (wired) | Fronts: 2x Polk Monitor 70's | Roku 3 (wired)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8522 of 8547 Old 12-05-2014, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have the 210. Has anyone experienced this problem? This was my first time. Redbox Bluray rental of Disney's "Frozen". It will not leave the Panasonic menu and states "disc is incompatible". I tried other discs in my library, and they all work. Thanks.
post #8523 of 8547 Old 12-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Sounds like a bad disc. You might try cleaning the disc gently or a replacement. I used my 320 for mine.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #8524 of 8547 Old 12-10-2014, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Thanks. Funny thing is when I bought this player they were having some kind of a deal where you get Avatar 3D for free. At the time I didn't have a 3D tv and my AV receiver didn't pass 3D so I sold it. Looks like I might try and find it cheap somewhere.

It will probably be a lot cheaper than it was back then. IIRC, I sold my copy for $80.
post #8525 of 8547 Old 12-22-2014, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Thanks. Funny thing is when I bought this player they were having some kind of a deal where you get Avatar 3D for free. At the time I didn't have a 3D tv and my AV receiver didn't pass 3D so I sold it. Looks like I might try and find it cheap somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgj View Post
That's how I got mine, it was the first 3D Blu-ray in my collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-triodes View Post
It will probably be a lot cheaper than it was back then. IIRC, I sold my copy for $80.
Yeah, it was a big market for them as it wasnt for sale normally. It was a nice rebate on the cost of the player.

// Tapatalk for iOS //

Modest "theater": Samsung UN40ES6150, Panasonic BDT210, Yamaha RXV775. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center.
post #8526 of 8547 Old 12-29-2014, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Amazon instant video isn't streaming in HD. Is there a default setting for this or is my internet speed not sufficient enough to handle the HD?
post #8527 of 8547 Old 01-08-2015, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi!
I am using DMP-BDT110 with the firmware V1.63.
I intend to update to the latest V1.92. Anyone using this firmware please let me know it is CINAVIA free?
Thanks!
post #8528 of 8547 Old 01-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Search function is your friend. We have discussed this AT LENGTH. The X10 series does not contain Cinavia, nor will it.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #8529 of 8547 Old 01-26-2015, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Been skimming thru this official thread for the Panasonic DMP-BDT-110, trying to setup an external hard drive connection with the player for my parents. Picked up a Western Digital Elements drive, and formatted it from its current state (NTFS) to FAT32, cause I saw in these pages of this thread that it only excepts FAT32 not NTFS, unfortunately with it having to be FAT32 it eliminates me from uploading any files larger then 4GB, so my whole MKV collection is not available, so I filled it up with MP4 which are 1GB-2GB in size, no issues.......after I did that, I plugged the drive in, and none are displayed..... Why not??? however it shows my only MKV that is smaller then 4GB, and it plays that one without issues.

So major question, why does this unit not play MP4, usually its the other way around, units don't play MKV.

Is there any work around here, maybe I need the latest Firmware?

My other option is to plug in the device into there TV directly which is a Panasonic GT30 however I hate the way it displays all the video files under there Viera Tools, its thumbnails not file listings. The kicker here, is the Panny TV won't play MKV's at all, its really hit or miss with several of the files, and only lets me use the TV speakers. not the Receiver Speaker, like the blu-ray player would.

Greatly appreciate any info.....
Thanks

Display#1: Pioneer Kuro Plasma PDP-5020FD (Living Room)
Display#2: Panasonic Plasma TC-P55ST60 (Rec-Room)
Display#3: Samsung LED SmartTV - UN32EH5300 (Bedroom)
Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1326-k
Speakers: Bose Acoustimass 6 Series III
Sources: Panasonic BDT360 -- Sony BDP-S350 -- PS3 & PS4 -- HTPC
post #8530 of 8547 Old 01-29-2015, 11:01 PM

More than a little concerned... This morning I got a notice that these devices are being discontinued from support for the Youtube streaming and search App. How awful is that? - Ted
post #8531 of 8547 Old 01-30-2015, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by chgomonitor View Post
More than a little concerned... This morning I got a notice that these devices are being discontinued from support for the Youtube streaming and search App. How awful is that? - Ted
Except, what does that really mean?

Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV TV
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT215 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1
post #8532 of 8547 Old 01-31-2015, 03:55 AM

Well it appears to mean that after April, 2015 we won't be able watch youtube videos via the olde Panny blu ray. The http link posted on the notice doesn't work - though it refers to the youtube supported devices page. I've yet to see any mention or explanation for the termination of service anywhere else on the web. Granted, these are older players but with youtube being one of the biggest streaming sites on the web one would sort of expect the folks at Panasonic Viera Cast to support it. I know youtube has changed quite a bit with the google purchase but what, Panasonic can't come up with an updated App? Do I smell a Panasonic Vs Google web battle in progress? Anyway, thanks for the vent - I'm not too happy about this! First they kill the Ustream App and now youtube? Awful. Viera Cast isn't what it used to be, at least on these older machines. Looks like another case of 4 year planned obsolescence. - Ted
post #8533 of 8547 Old 01-31-2015, 04:11 AM

Found this, looks like it's Google's doing...grrrr....

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/...nfo/yt/en.html

-Ted
post #8534 of 8547 Old 02-03-2015, 02:26 PM

My BDT210 hasn't been updated in years. My 2012 Samsung TV still gets updates today.

But I bought this BD player after a Samsung player was bricked by a firmware update. :|

// Tapatalk on iPad Mini - Misspelling courtesy of Logitech folio kybd //

Modest "theater": Samsung UN40ES6150, Panasonic BDT210, Yamaha RXV775. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center.
post #8535 of 8547 Old 02-06-2015, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Hello AV Forum Members!

I have a Sony HX929 55” TV and a Denon 3312 amp/receiver. When I bought the Denon (right after the Sony TV) three years ago, I was drawn to the ARC function. I thought it would be great to turn on the TV and also have the AV unit turn on automatically with one button. I currently have a high speed HDMI cable connected between the Denon “Monitor Out ARC #1 ” slot and the “HDMI Input ARC A” slot on the TV. ARC works fine like it’s supposed to. I also have a Panasonic BDT-210 Blu-Ray player connected with a HDMI cable between the player “HDMI Out” slot and the Denon “HDMI Assignable #1 BD” slot. I have an internal TV antenna connected to the TV – just removed the cable box. So other than the four sets of speaker wires and one subwoofer cable, nothing else is connected to the Denon. I have assigned both the “TV” and “BD” buttons on the remote to “Zone Select “M”.

During the power on sequence, the TV turns on, then the Denon switches on from Standby mode and overrides the TV audio with its own audio source. The Panasonic BD player also powers on and automatically establishes priority over the TV when the players’ “Home” menu is displayed.

I would prefer that the power on sequence be that the TV take priority and stay on and the BD player remain on Standby or off until I’m ready to use it. To clarify, I’d like to set it up so that the BD player is independent and doesn’t power on with the player menu popping up automatically on the TV screen. I just bought a Harmony 650 remote, thinking I could separate everything out and resolve the issue that way. While it’s convenient, it does not resolve my “problem”. I have to press the Harmony “TV” button to get back to watching the TV. I shouldn’t have to do that, right?

I’ve double and triple-checked all of my HDMI cable connections and settings to assure that everything is working the way it’s supposed to. While troubleshooting, I don’t see any options in the Panasonic BDT-210 menu (or product manual) to turn HDMI off to make it independent of the TV and amp. On the main menu of the player, there is a setting called “HDMI Out” but it is greyed out and not adjustable.

This is a very basic setup that should work properly with very minimal adjustments to the default settings. Does anyone have this same combination of equipment, or close to it, who could advise me on the correct settings to make the device power-on sequence work in the order it should? Thanks in advance for your help! This is really driving me crazy!!
post #8536 of 8547 Old 02-06-2015, 02:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Liked: 519
Harmony is incompatible with HDMI control. It will always get out of sync and either override or fail to override what CEC is doing. If you're going to use Harmony, turn off HDMI control in all devices and let the remote handle everything. HDMI control is meant to replace a universal remote (although it does this quite badly, as you have found). When you introduce a universal, all hell breaks loose. Unless you need ARC for the streaming apps on your TV, don't use it. Even if you do want it for the apps, just run an optical cable for the audio instead. Then you're back in control.

Your Panny shouldn't be coming on unless you tell it to. You have an error in your Harmony config or the wrong setting under HDMI control. It also seems odd that pressing the TV button does anything at all besides show the TV controls on the Harmony display. Switching device modes shouldn't send any commands whatsoever.

To turn off HDMI control in a Panasonic, look for "Viera Link" and turn it off. Similarly, Sony's name for HDMI control is "Bravia Sync". Thankfully, Denon doesn't have a nonsense name for it.

My advice is turn off HDMI control in all devices and let the remote control everything, or leave HDMI control on and get a different brand remote that doesn't attempt to track everything like Harmony does. After many failed attempts to get HDMI control to do what I want and do it consistently, I gave up. It has a mind of its own. With a remote, you can specify all startup sequences and commands exactly, and they will be 100% repeatable.
teachsac likes this.
post #8537 of 8547 Old 02-06-2015, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

I agree 100% with mdavej. I absolutely hate HDMI CEC controls. I use an universal remote. That way you can set it up to power on in whatever order you wish.

S~

post #8538 of 8547 Old 02-06-2015, 05:29 PM

Thanks very much for the replies, mdavej and teachsac (my uncle is a retired Encina High School business teacher and my Dad and his two brothers graduated from Christian Bros. High back in the old days).

Anyway, I'm going to give your recommendations a shot this weekend, Dave. GREAT information, and I wonder what other people in the same situation have done in the past. I've looked high and low for an HDMI control setting on the Panasonic BD player, including "Viera Link" and/or something similar to turn off in the player menu, but to no avail. I guess if I had all Sony equipment or all Panasonic equipment with their respective proprietary links, I'd have a better chance of syncing them all, eh? I also thought the Harmony was the best universal remote out there, but maybe I'm wrong?

Let me disconnect ARC and HDMI Control in all my equipment and re-set it all up on the Harmony again. I really liked ARC because one button took care of the TV and Denon instead of having to power them up separately with 2 buttons. But I really have to have independent controls to each unit, so we might have to forego the HDMI Controls at this point.

Thanks again. I'll come back with hopefully positive results later!
post #8539 of 8547 Old 02-06-2015, 05:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Harmony is a great remote. Didn't mean to imply that it wasn't. No remote that tries to track power and input states stands a chance against HDMI control, no matter how good it is. Turn all that stuff off, and Harmony can definitely do it all with one button press. Just make some activities and you'll be all set.

A different brand of remote won't try to track states like Harmony, hence can coexist better with HDMI control. So the fact that other remotes are missing an otherwise great feature of Harmony is actually an advantage in this case.

Keep looking for that setting. I used to have a 210, and it's definitely in there. The manual may give you some guidance as I also saw it in there before I posted, something to do with "AV" control.
post #8540 of 8547 Old 02-07-2015, 10:09 AM

OK, I have an apology to make. First, the model number of my BD player is NOT BDT-210, it's BDT-220! So the menu is a little different. Last night I went into the BDT-220 manual and sure enough, Viera Link is buried under Setup/System/Display Settings! So I turned that to "Off" and now I think we have liftoff! I turn on the TV with the Harmony, the TV comes on, the Denon turns on and it stays on the TV where I want it to be. The BD player also powers up but doesn't override the TV like before. I still have ARC hooked up between the TV and Denon and a HDMI cable between the BD player and the Denon. Now, I guess beggars can't be choosers, but it would be nice if the BD player didn't power on at all, and waited for me to select the player on the remote before it powers up. I'm just happy to get this far and have a normal power-on sequence! Or close to it.

Thanks to mdavej for sticking with me through this. Appreciate it, sir!
post #8541 of 8547 Old 02-18-2015, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
So I think I found a bug with my BDT-210 while calibrating my LN52A650. I was using the Disney WOW to set Contrast and Brightness and noticed if I change the Panny's colorspace from 4:4:4 to 4:4:2, the white and blacks both clip. According to this review, the Panny should work fine when set to 4:4:2.

The one caveat is that I'm using the HDMI Passthrough of my HK AVR-247 to connect my Panny to my Sammy. I'm not sure if that would affect the picture. I don't think so since 4:4:4 shows BLB and WTW. Maybe a newer firmware has mucked this up since the review. Anyone care to test this out?

Finally, it could also be the chroma processing on the Samsung is causing the clipping.
post #8542 of 8547 Old 02-18-2015, 03:27 PM

Liked: 12
Was not sure should I post here or start a new thread.
I have a DMP BDT110 I just got a new Samsung PN60F5300 Plasma this past weekend moved to the plasma from a Sony 50 inch Sony KDF 50E2000

On the old sony when running netflix through the BDT110 I would have an occasional black screen blink, I thought it was netflix adjusting or buffering things due to streaming speeds. It happened rarely and was annoying but I have lived with it for several years now.

Hooked up to the new TV and the blinks are much more frequent and much more annoying with the better picture of the new TV, maybe I notice them more!

I was advised it was probably a handshake issue, was told try different HDMI cables, so I have swapped and played with cables. Found threads said shut off deep black settings, etc. Today I started researching the BDT110 and have read that this has been a problem for many of the Panasonic units with netflix.
That brought me here.

I have been reading many posts in this thread and others and my eyes are tired and my head hurts! I am just going to ask.

Has anything been done to solve this issue, is there a fix or not?

If there is not a fix, Should I get another Player, if so any advise on what would be a good unit to look at?
I would like to stay in the 50-150 range if possible! seems a shame to junk it it does BlueRay and DVD without problems.

So what say you? any advice or suggestions?
post #8543 of 8547 Old 02-18-2015, 03:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^
Nope, never solved, no fix, no workarounds. The 120 series and beyond are fine though. It annoyed me so much that I sold my 110 in the first couple of months of owning it and went from being a lifelong Panasonic fan (had dozens of other disc players and recorders of theirs over the years) to a Sony fan. So I'd recommend the 3200 or 5200 depending on if you want 3D. If you like Panasonic, then any of the latest models will be fine. The 91 is the cheapest model that meets your requirements ($70 new, $40 refurb). But be warned that Panasonic players are littered with on-screen ads now.

Alternately, keep your 110 for discs and get a Roku for streaming. They start around $40 and do an excellent job and have around 2000 streaming apps versus a dozen or so on Panasonic.
post #8544 of 8547 Old 02-19-2015, 05:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chgomonitor View Post
Well it appears to mean that after April, 2015 we won't be able watch youtube videos via the olde Panny blu ray. The http link posted on the notice doesn't work - though it refers to the youtube supported devices page. I've yet to see any mention or explanation for the termination of service anywhere else on the web. Granted, these are older players but with youtube being one of the biggest streaming sites on the web one would sort of expect the folks at Panasonic Viera Cast to support it. I know youtube has changed quite a bit with the google purchase but what, Panasonic can't come up with an updated App? Do I smell a Panasonic Vs Google web battle in progress? Anyway, thanks for the vent - I'm not too happy about this! First they kill the Ustream App and now youtube? Awful. Viera Cast isn't what it used to be, at least on these older machines. Looks like another case of 4 year planned obsolescence. - Ted
Is there a way to stream youtube video from a Windows 7 PC to one of these devices? The whole reason I bought this BR player (just over 2 years ago!) was because it had wifi and stream internet video! I'll be damned if I'm buying a player every other year to access the internet!
post #8545 of 8547 Old 02-19-2015, 08:08 AM

Official Panasonic DMP-BDT110/210/310 Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
^^^
...The 91 is the cheapest model that meets your requirements ($70 new, $40 refurb). But be warned that Panasonic players are littered with on-screen ads now.

Alternately, keep your 110 for discs and get a Roku for streaming. They start around $40 and do an excellent job and have around 2000 streaming apps versus a dozen or so on Panasonic.
Ads? When I tested a 215, the only ads I heard about were on the start-up splash screen, which can be disabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtolman View Post
Is there a way to stream youtube video from a Windows 7 PC to one of these devices? The whole reason I bought this BR player (just over 2 years ago!) was because it had wifi and stream internet video! I'll be damned if I'm buying a player every other year to access the internet!
Thought of a Chromecast or Amazon Fire TV Stick?

// Tapatalk on iPad Mini - Misspelling courtesy of Logitech folio kybd //

post #8546 of 8547 Old 02-19-2015, 08:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
Ads? When I tested a 215, the only ads I heard about were on the start-up splash screen, which can be disabled.
The operative word is "now". The 215 is 4 years old, well before they started with all the ads. Check out some reviews of current models.
post #8547 of 8547 Unread Today, 08:34 AM

Or... just tell me.?

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bdt110 3d 2d Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Movies , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt30 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Dmp Bdt100 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Receivers Amplifiers , Sony Bdp S770 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi , Panasonic 1080p Blu Ray Player Dmp Bd35ak Brand , Panasonic Dmp Bd55k Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page