post #1171 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 08:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil7j View Post

I need some help regarding HTPC to play 3D content. Shall I post my queries here and I should to go the HTPC section?

Sounds like you should take those questions to the HTPC forum.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 08:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Has anyone with the netflix blanking issue tried to watch anything today (4/25) using F/W 1.59? Supposedly a change was made on the viera cast server side. I'm going to test a few titles myself later today to see if the blanking has gone away.

For me it only happens when it switches through different bit rate encodes to compensate for fluctuating available bandwidth. It's 8:20 AM here as I write this--in the mornings I get the full 25-30 Mbps (to the CO) that I'm paying for and the Netflix servers are going to be pretty lightly loaded, so there's never any of that encode switching. Things start to get flaky sometime after 11, so I'll try to remember to test this afternoon.

post #1173 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

You have to realize that mkv is just a container. You can put all kinds video with different video codecs and audio with different audio audio codecs in it.

With that cleared, Panny does support mkv files but the video and audio stream in them must be encoded according to AVCHD spec. Otherwise, it will not be supported. There might be a few other codecs also supported but since Panny is not publish any details, you're on your own to find out.

I've used Sony's 3D player (S570/BX57) and this (110), both are very limited in video format support.

I understand mkv is just a container and AVC (x264/H264) is the video codec. Audio will be in DTS or DD. If this is supported then my question is answered. And if the player can play more than 10Gb file through USB then its a great player. I hope it will support .mkv SBS 3D files too. Thanks much for the help Foxbat.
post #1174 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by colour View Post

Have you checked to make sure it's turned on in the setup menu?

Yep, I even reset player to factory defaults in addition to ensuring the touch sensor is turned on and nothing. It appears my touch sensor has died. A bit annoying as not worth sending off to fix but on the other hand will hurt player resale value.

Vote with your wallet. Don't buy Cinavia-infected Blu-ray Discs! Why pay a premium for pseudo-lossless audio damaged by an intrusive watermark in the audible spectrum?
post #1175 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny0718 View Post

Hello,
Hope somebody can me help. I just purchased the 210 but I can't get the player to connect to my D-Link 655 router. The wired connections works perfectly though. I just keep getting the "authentication/time out error". Any suggestions would be helpful.

thanks,

Same router here, and I had the same problem. After repeated entering my key and having it repeatedly fail, I went for the one button setup. That worked.
post #1176 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 10:22 AM

I have the 110 model and when I was playing the Lord of the Rings blu ray movies. When I hit the skip button the sound would take around 2 seconds to come back on. It is using the DTS-HD sound, my other movies use DD HD and they work fine when using the skip button. Has anyone using movies with DTS-HD notice this problem ? Is there any way in the setup that I could change something to fix it ? I do have the latest firmware update too.

Thanks,
post #1177 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Quote:

Has anyone with the netflix blanking issue tried to watch anything today (4/25) using F/W 1.59? Supposedly a change was made on the viera cast server side. I'm going to test a few titles myself later today to see if the blanking has gone away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

For me it only happens when it switches through different bit rate encodes to compensate for fluctuating available bandwidth. It's 8:20 AM here as I write this--in the mornings I get the full 25-30 Mbps (to the CO) that I'm paying for and the Netflix servers are going to be pretty lightly loaded, so there's never any of that encode switching. Things start to get flaky sometime after 11, so I'll try to remember to test this afternoon.

Well, I tried it myself and the issue is still there. Hopefully they're still working on it.
post #1178 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 10:28 AM

Hi,

I read the few entries on the topic, but couldn't quite figure out the answer.
I'm looking to buy a BD player, and I'm leaning towards a DMP-BDT210 or 310
I have an old Sony TV, which has a DVI/HDCP input (no HDMI). I also have an old Sony receiver, with no HDMI, just SPDIF inputs
My intention is to connect the TV through an HDMI to DVI cable and the sound through an optical cable to the receiver. Will I get DD5.1 or is the DMP-BDT210 going to output only 2.0 trough the SPDIF?
post #1179 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orenr View Post

Hi,

I have an old Sony TV, which has a DVI/HDCP input (no HDMI). I also have an old Sony receiver, with no HDMI, just SPDIF inputs
My intention is to connect the TV through an HDMI to DVI cable and the sound through an optical cable to the receiver. Will I get DD5.1 or is the DMP-BDT210 going to output only 2.0 trough the SPDIF?

Yes, you will get DD5.1 over optical.
post #1180 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 10:46 AM

I was thinking about getting a Panny 110 and I had a couple questions:

- does Netflix streaming have 5.1 sound?

- does the Netflix interface allow you to search your queue?

Thanks.
post #1181 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by orenr
Hi,

Make sure your old receiver has a dts decoder also since many movies have only dts and no Dolby. Also, look in the used market like craigslist for a better receiver on the cheap.
post #1182 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigand View Post
I was thinking about getting a Panny 110 and I had a couple questions:

- does Netflix streaming have 5.1 sound?

- does the Netflix interface allow you to search your queue?

Thanks.
Yes, it streams Netflix in 5.1 (for titles which have it).

I'm not aware of any Netflix interface anywhere, not even on a PC, that searches just your instant queue. It has pretty much the same global search capability that you'd see on a PC. It returns anything that matches your criteria whether it's already in your queue or not.
post #1183 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Yes, it streams Netflix in 5.1 (for titles which have it).

I'm not aware of any Netflix interface anywhere, not even on a PC, that searches just your instant queue. It has pretty much the same global search capability that you'd see on a PC. It returns anything that matches your criteria whether it's already in your queue or not.
Excellent, thanks. My question re: Netflix search was a poorly worded, I just wanted to know if there was a search function (I know there are some players that don't have it). Glad to hear it has this function.

One more thing - I heard that there's supposed to be an iPhone app that would allow you to interact with the menus- and I assume this would allow you to use the iPhone's touch keyboard to input searches more easily and quickly than using a blu ray remote. Is this app out yet? Also, will it be released for Android?
post #1184 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigand View Post
Excellent, thanks. My question re: Netflix search was a poorly worded, I just wanted to know if there was a search function (I know there are some players that don't have it). Glad to hear it has this function.

One more thing - I heard that there's supposed to be an iPhone app that would allow you to interact with the menus- and I assume this would allow you to use the iPhone's touch keyboard to input searches more easily and quickly than using a blu ray remote. Is this app out yet? Also, will it be released for Android?
The iPhone app works exactly like the remote with a few extras like gestures and a sleep timer. It doesn't really streamline data entry. As others have pointed out, it's great for when you don't have line of sight to your player, but not much else. I played with it once and thought it was cool, but have no use for it. Check out the screen shots HERE for yourself. The life cycle for each new model is so short these days, I doubt an Android app is coming, but that's pure speculation on my part.
post #1185 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil7j View Post

I understand mkv is just a container and AVC (x264/H264) is the video codec. Audio will be in DTS or DD. If this is supported then my question is answered. And if the player can play more than 10Gb file through USB then its a great player. I hope it will support .mkv SBS 3D files too. Thanks much for the help Foxbat.

AVCHD and AVC are two different thing. AVCHD is commonly used by consumer HD camcorders. For one thing, AVCHD does not support DTS audio. Only AC3 (DD) or PCM 2.0. There are also many other restrictions for video stream as well.
post #1186 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 03:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Well, I tried it myself and the issue is still there. Hopefully they're still working on it.

Yeah, I tried it and saw it, though it may have improved some--it doesn't seem to be happening nearly as often. I'll check it in mid-evening, when conditions will be at their worst.

post #1187 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by orenr View Post

Hi,

Does your old receiver decode DTS?

Many Blu-rays are DTS with no DD track. If your receiver cannot decode DTS, you will only get stereo through the SPDIF connection.
post #1188 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 04:23 PM

Does anyone know if the 210 has dual antennas which pick up a range of 5.4ghz and 2.4ghz?
post #1189 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMaudio View Post

Since the 1.59 update I have watched 2 movies and seen no blanking ...but sometimes it was present and sometimes it wasn't ...so it's not conclusive (yet).

The re-released iPhone app works great, no need to disable the cellular radio now. The swipe/tap gestures work great for basic navigation (arrows/enter). Very slick. Plus the on-screen full remote gets you complete control. For some people this may be a useless novelty, but I pipe audio/video throughout my house ...and this gives me an RF wifi remote that I can control from anywhere. Invaluable!

Also, of note, the 310 is now preorderable through amazon. Unfortunately it's setting at MSRP of $250.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMP-...3744241&sr=1-3

The 310 has been on preorder at Amazon since March.
post #1190 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio5oh View Post

Does anyone know if the 210 has dual antennas which pick up a range of 5.4ghz and 2.4ghz?

Yes it does. I use the 5.4ghz.
post #1191 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 08:48 PM

I bought the 210 about a week ago. Through the wireless , I could connect to Netflix, download new firmware and that's it. I couldn't access Viera Cast. If I plugged my router into the BluRay player with an ethernet cable I could though.

Friday night I downloaded the firmware update 1.59 and now I can't access Netflix through the wifi. Everything still works if it's wired through an Ethernet cable though.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions? I have a SMC Networks router (SMC8014W-G). Wonder if the problem is there are with the player or something else?

Thanks in advance for any help.
post #1192 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 10:04 PM
aod
Advanced Member

Help me out guys. I just bought a DMP-BDT350 because I found a demo for a killer deal. Now I see the DMP-BDT310 msrp is only 249.99 which means the street price will be much lower I'm sure. Now, does anyone know if the internals, etc are the same between the 310 and 350? The 350 was a lot more money, even the street price, and I was wondering if I should return the 350 and wait for the 310 or just keep the 350.

post #1193 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 10:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
the 310 does not have analogs or conponets. if you need those items then keep the 350.

Jacob
post #1194 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 10:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
One more thing is the 210/310 is a lot flimsier than the 350. I had the 300 for a month before I returned it to Best Buy because I got a good deal on the Sony S5000ES. To keep costs low, companies are cutting the quality of the components and structural integrity by a lot. I wonder what the physical reliability of these units are going to be. BTW, I love the build quality of the Sony S5000ES. BTW, the 350 is over 6 lbs, the 210 is only 3 lbs. The Sony is 22 lbs.
post #1195 of 8473 Old 04-25-2011, 11:22 PM

I understand the Viera Cast platform is now called Viera Connect, however, do you guys see an improvement over the previous system? Some argue that the LG and Samsung platforms are nicer and much better to navigate, but I have yet to make any comparisons.
post #1196 of 8473 Old 04-26-2011, 12:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio5oh View Post

I understand the Viera Cast platform is now called Viera Connect, however, do you guys see an improvement over the previous system? Some argue that the LG and Samsung platforms are nicer and much better to navigate, but I have yet to make any comparisons.

"Viera Connect" is a separate system and not what's on these BD players, which remains Viera Cast. "Connect" has an expanded set of apps and an app store from which to buy more; it's featured on some of Panasonic's 2011 televisions.

post #1197 of 8473 Old 04-26-2011, 06:16 AM

Has anyone gotten the promotional Avatar 3-D blu-ray yet? It's been about 6 weeks or so for me since I bought the 210 and when I check the panasonic rebate site and enter my info to check status nothing shows up. Don't even know if they received my form or what.
post #1198 of 8473 Old 04-26-2011, 06:43 AM

Quote:

I have the netflix streaming issue as well- here's my setup:
Verizon FIOS
Apple Airport Express router - 802.11/n
DMP-BDT210
5 devices listed in my netflix devices page (but not the 210)

I spent 50 minutes on the phone with Panasonic and several hours (mostly on hold) with Verizon last night. Panasonic had me restore factory presets, zero out my watchnow queue, and add titles from both the player and my computer. Everything works except the actual streaming. He was working from a script, and gave no indication that this is a "known" problem. He then asked me to go to yougetsignal dot com and check if ports 80 (http), 443 (https/ssl), and 48705 (streaming??) are blocked-- they were. He told me to ask Verizon to unblock them and call back today.

Verizon says they *never* unblock port 80, unless you have a commercial account with static IP address. I think there is confusion about inbound and outbound, and what Verizon is doing is blocking me from running a webserver. Anyhow, the Verizon tech suggested that the NAT/firewall in the Airport express was blocking the ports, and that I set up a DMZ with port forwarding for the player (this is what xbox gamers do to get certain games to work through). I gave the 210 a static IP address (10.0.1.253), forwarded ports 80, 443, 48705, and it still didn't work. yougetsignal dot com still reports these ports as blocked, so either I need to do some other step, or this has nothing to do with the real problem.

Request: could people on this forum please go to yougetsignal dot com and report back with the status of ports 80, 443, and 48705, and if netflix streaming is working or not? Thanks!
post #1199 of 8473 Old 04-26-2011, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCEO View Post

Has anyone gotten the promotional Avatar 3-D blu-ray yet? It's been about 6 weeks or so for me since I bought the 210 and when I check the panasonic rebate site and enter my info to check status nothing shows up. Don't even know if they received my form or what.

It was roughly that long for me and I still didn't show up online. I called and they told me how to fax the details. Not sure if my entry was finally posted or they used the fax (I was shortly listed online) and within a week or so the disc arrived.
post #1200 of 8473 Old 04-26-2011, 06:52 AM

I just got the 210 yesterday. I too cannot connect to Netflix. Talked to Netflix and they referred me to Panasonic. Ye ol' runaround. Hopefully someone from one of those companies will get a fix for us.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bdt110 3d 2d Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Movies , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt30 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Dmp Bdt100 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Receivers Amplifiers , Sony Bdp S770 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi , Panasonic 1080p Blu Ray Player Dmp Bd35ak Brand , Panasonic Dmp Bd55k Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page