Sony BDP-BX58 and BDP-S580 Owner's Thread-all questions/comments belong here - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 818 Old 12-30-2014, 11:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy Need Help "WAIT" Flashing and no Picture

I noticed bad resolution on a Blu-ray a few days ago. I went into setting and changed the resolution to 1080 from 480. Clicked okay and now have no picture. Tried holding the stop button to reset resolution but no luck... I just made an update disc but player does not respond. Also tried component hookup but no pic and still have the "WAIT" message. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 818 Old 01-01-2015, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwBryan View Post
I noticed bad resolution on a Blu-ray a few days ago. I went into setting and changed the resolution to 1080 from 480. Clicked okay and now have no picture. Tried holding the stop button to reset resolution but no luck... I just made an update disc but player does not respond. Also tried component hookup but no pic and still have the "WAIT" message. Any ideas?
This reminds me of my first Sony DVD player my parents got me. It had great marks from Consumer Reports and worked great for about 2+ years.

One day got "No Disc" error when numerous discs were tried. Called Sony support and they said they'd fix it for $200. Got a brand new Pioneer DVD player that was just as good for $150 and threw out the Sony.

About a year later got a letter stating that the player was involved in a class action lawsuit because an optical component used in that player had widespread failure.

No player and no more receipt meant no (meager) cash from the settlement.

post #813 of 818 Old 01-01-2015, 03:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
check out pg. 28 in the user manual.

https://docs.sony.com/release/BDPS480_580_BX58.pdf

A long-time audio/video addict!
post #814 of 818 Old 01-02-2015, 10:59 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I think Pioneer_Elite is right. I'm going to pitch this unit and start over. I purchased this one a little more than a year ago, so no warranty. Class action, why bother, new ones are $75... Nothing on p28 but thanks for the try.
post #815 of 818 Old 01-03-2015, 01:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
I think Pioneer_Elite is right. I'm going to pitch this unit and start over. I purchased this one a little more than a year ago, so no warranty. Class action, why bother, new ones are $75... Nothing on p28 but thanks for the try.
p 28 of the manual tells you how to reset the player. that is always worth a try.

A long-time audio/video addict!
post #816 of 818 Old 01-03-2015, 06:38 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
If you got the unit from Costco, maybe you can return it to get your money back. I did that with this unit 8 months after buying it because it would vibrate on the glass shelf of the entertainment center (esp during 3D BD) and it was very audible and distracting.

post #817 of 818 Old 01-05-2015, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since the 0631 fw update I am getting cannot load disc for both bluray and dvd.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks!
post #818 of 818 Old 01-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnfish View Post
Anyone had trouble with the recent update? I just tried to update and the play turned off and when I tried to poewer it on it said welcome and powered off again. Now the player wont turn on at all. I have tried pulling the power cord and waiting several minutes but still it wont power on. I also pulled the HDMI cable incase there was an issue with that but its still dead in the water. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

John
Looks like a couple people are having issues since the latest firmware upgrade. I've just been ignoring it for now. I sure would like to know if those having difficulties ever got it resolved.

Panny Plasma Junkie: TC-P50VT20, TC-P50G15, TH-42PX60U
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Sony Bdp Bx58 Blu Ray Disc Player 3d Built In Wireless , Blu Ray Players , Sony , Sony Bdp S580 Blu Ray Disc Player Black , Jvc Dla X70 Projector
Gear in this thread - S580 by PriceGrabber.com