post #91 of 98 Old 03-03-2013, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post

This player is only 10 months old but holy cow is it buggy when it comes to Blu-ray discs. Doesn't seem to be any consistency in which ones it has troubles with and just hangs up and never loads, you can't eject the disc or press any buttons when this happens other than POWER on the remote and recycle the power and hope it loads the next time.

When I say no consistency I mean, it's not like it's just Fox discs, or BD50's. I guess it's just a grumpy little mother effer?

frown.gif Getting a bit fed up.

I was having the same problems with my D6700. I used a Blu-Ray lens cleaner and presto!...no more hang-ups

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 98 Old 03-03-2013, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4244 - how to downgrade firmware to be Cinevia free.
post #93 of 98 Old 03-03-2013, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4244 - how to downgrade firmware to be Cinevia free.
post #94 of 98 Old 05-27-2013, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, anyone know why the player turns itself off and is there a solution? Before I had an issue with it turning itself on and off. Now I'm having a issue with it turning off out of the blue. I've done a hard reset and was wondering if anyone has run into this. I'd call Samsung, but they(along with every other company) have poor tech support. It would be nice to call a call center that has experience and not just reading off a teleprompter. Thanks in advance.
post #95 of 98 Old 01-05-2014, 11:21 AM

Have this Blu ray connected to a Pioneer 1018 receiver and then receiver to Samsung TV all via HDMI . I watch Netflix and Hulu through the player and the audio through the regular TV speakers. Even some DVDs i watch that way. Now all of a sudden i cannot get any audio out of the TV speakers from anything through the blu ray player. I now only get audio when I turn on the receiver and use my home theater set up.

I tried switching cables and some settings but nothing has helped.

Does anyone have any solutions?
post #96 of 98 Old 04-28-2014, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just got this yesterday to replace my Sony S590 (stupid Sony and their stupid provisional servers....)

Everything works great, super fast and easy setup.

Question: I have a Samsung TV (46" LED) as well. I can get the BluRay remote to turn on/off the TV and control the volume of the TV, but that's it. All I really need is for it to also change the channel on the TV, and then we can go down to 1 remote and make my wife really happy.

Does this remote have the change channel capability? Or can it only turn on/off and volume for the TV?

thanks!
post #97 of 98 Old 05-04-2014, 02:51 PM

I hope I have this in the correct forum segment. If not, I would appreciate it being moved or advising where it should be.

I have some episodes of a TV series as MKV files on a hard drive.

I've never watched videos in this manner so I first tested this on my new (Feb 2014) Samsung UN32EH5300F. I plugged the drive (a WD passport) into the USB port and it worked perfectly.

I next tried it on my main TV, an older Samsung (early 2009) LN52A750. Plugging it into the only USB port (WiseLink), it did nothing... did not even recognize the device. Next, plugged the drive into my Samsung DVD player (model BDD5700) which connects to my TV via HDMI. It worked, but the video and audio got out of synch after a few minutes. Pausing brought it back into synch, but then it got out of synch again. I fed audio first thru my AV receiver and then thru my TV speakers. Same results in both cases.

So, I next tried it through my new Roku 3 via the USB play channel. This time I got video but NO audio at all. I've seen on forums this is due to the processing ability of the TV because the Roku is straight pass-thru with no down-mixing.

Finally, I tried to burn a DVD from the MKV files using ImgBurn. It played, but I had the same video/audio synch issue.

FYI, and probably not worth the mention, but the files play fine on both my PC's using VLC player.

This is all new to me, so I am somewhat hacking my way through this. Any tips would be much appreciated. There's got to be a way to do this.

Thanks much!
post #98 of 98 Old 05-17-2014, 04:42 PM

Any thoughts?
Could use some help.
Thanks.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung Blu Ray Player Bd D5700 , Blu Ray Players , Samsung Bd P1500 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - P1500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page