Official Marantz UD7006 universal player owners thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 78 Old 05-10-2012, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well... The 83 that I returned was NTF by OPPO. They didn't fix it, and I was stuck with a bad player. I thought I would give them another chance with the 95. Not again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 78 Old 10-29-2012, 12:45 PM

Yes it plays SACD-r ! (tested with hdmi)
Yes it plays watermarked DVDA-R (tested with hdmi)
post #63 of 78 Old 12-16-2012, 03:33 PM

Why won't the drawer open?
Any help out there?
I just got this unit as a factory remanufactured for Xmass and the thing won't even open!
Should I just send it back and forget all about it and continue to use my $100 sony?
post #64 of 78 Old 12-24-2012, 03:59 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinoa View Post

Why won't the drawer open?
Any help out there?
I just got this unit as a factory remanufactured for Xmass and the thing won't even open!
Should I just send it back and forget all about it and continue to use my $100 sony?

If you're like me, this player will be an unending story of failures, glitches, lock ups, and pulled power cables.

I bought my first one last year, and within three months it was getting replaced. Lock ups, suddenly turning itself off etc... So I got the replacement last November. On the whole, it's generally a very unreliable player. Disc playback is erratic at times, pausing, stuttering, picture break up etc... This September, the problems started to escalate... if I booted up with a disc in, the machine would freeze. If I changed disc and used the power button to turn it off with the door open, the door would close, the machine would power off, then occasionally the door would suddenly open again.

Sent it to Marantz 4 weeks ago, and in the ten days they had it, they (allegedly) fixed various things. Within 5 days, the machine had again locked up on boot up, and required the power cable to be pulled... which I recorded with a video camera, as evidence. So back it went again two weeks ago, and as yet, I still don't have it back. I had a phone call a week ago from the repair centre, from a guy telling me the importance of having your display on first, to stop the HDMI control from causing problems. Can't see why you'd need your TV on, to listen to music CDs, and if you run it through an AV receiver, the TV status is irrelevant. But HDMI control isn't a "do we have a display? Yes then work properly, else don't work properly" kind of system... so I don't know what he was going on about.

And apparently, it looking for firmware updates can cause problems. The guy was switching it on at the morning, and off at night, as his "testing" regime and couldn't find a fault. I daresay that if my usage was turn it on, don't use it, then turn it off, I might not see a fault either... but you don't spend £700 on a player, to just turn it on and off. You watch discs, you change discs, you operate functions... which is what a tester should do. So he couldn't find a fault, and I fully expect it to come back with either a fictional repair, or a "no fault found" report.

While it's been away, the two Sony players I have been using have worked flawlessly... one of them cost me about £90. I have to say, I wouldn't touch anything with either the Marantz or Denon name on it, with a barge pole after this.
post #65 of 78 Old 12-25-2012, 09:28 AM

Thanks for the update. With your report I'm sending it back for a full refund.
post #66 of 78 Old 12-30-2012, 12:06 PM

I have the same problems. Good machine in sound and picture quality but the rest...

Lockups, hang ups in the movie menu, making a buzzing sound when inserting a blu-ray.

Had it repaired. New software and (dont know the word) repaired the buzzing noise. Something with stabilisation or someting.

It worked fine for some time but it started buzzing again when i play a blu-ray. Its just the front where you put the disc in. Its connected with springs, and when you toutch it the player workes fine.
I think its just too lose. Didnt repare it because i didnt have warranty anymore and it is too much trouble i thought.

Now its working fine. Yes, the player wont open sometimes because you have to press it twice, but other than that is all good.

Overall i dont regret buying this 1000 euro player but next time I dont think I go for Marantz again. Im just a bit disappointing with the bugs.
post #67 of 78 Old 03-02-2013, 02:05 PM

Hey I'm hoping one of you guys on this forum may offer some advice. Having Marantz 5007 and 6007 receivers- I just bought the UD7006 refurbished from accessories4less, which is an authorized Marantz reseller . It works on all formats I've tried- except- the starting splash screens on all DVDs I've tried are filled with white vertical lines and dots. I'll attach a photo. Do you think this is a bad unit? Thanks everyone. John blu-ray distortion.jpg 457k .jpg file
post #68 of 78 Old 03-02-2013, 02:29 PM

I might add I'm playing familiar Blu-Ray disks that did not do this on the prev panasonic 310 player. I did a firmware update today 3/2/13. I've cycled through resolution- from auto to source direct to 1080P- sympton still exists. So far - this hasn't happend on a DVD- blu-ray disks only.

I'm going through a new (not refurb) Marantz SR7006 receiver, from there to a Samsung 60" LCD (D6500). Thanks in advnace
post #69 of 78 Old 03-02-2013, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
That did not happen on my ud7006. Try routing it directly to your TV instead of going through a receiver as a test. This is just to definitely rule out your receiver. If it continues, I would ask for a replacement.

McIntosh MX-119 Pre/Pro
Oppo BDP-105 Blu-Ray
Spectron Premiere MKII 7 Channel Class D Amp (500w x 7)
5 Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5 Speakers
Sunfire Super JR Subwoofer
Sony Z2 Series laptop as dedicated HTPC
post #70 of 78 Old 03-03-2013, 09:11 AM

Thanks Howard good suggestion. New cable- run straight to another input on the TV produced the same result. I'll call and reqest an exchange on Monday.
post #71 of 78 Old 03-05-2013, 01:39 PM

The player makes a buzzing sound when i play a movie. Any ideas why?
It stops when i touch the loading thing (where you put the disc on)
post #72 of 78 Old 03-16-2013, 06:40 AM

Hey I just wanted to pass on how well Marantz handled my issue described above (white lines when many disks started up). I called- said I'd bought the player refurbished but from accessories4less (an authorized Marantz dealer) and I received it with this problem. The tech support guy at Marantz apologized- saying their quality control should have caught that. He emailed a return FedEx label and said as soon as they saw FedEx had my unit, they'd cross ship a replacement.

A week later I called, and they apologized but said they were out of stock on refurbished 7006's... but one would be shipping soon.

Yesterday, a total of two weeks later- I received a brand new, UD7007 from Marantz. That's pretty remarkable in my opinion, the most I expected was a refund or store credit. That kind of thing is going to keep me buying Marantz for quite a while. John

post #73 of 78 Old 03-20-2013, 07:36 AM
Just add water and stir

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsclarke99 View Post

Hey I just wanted to pass on how well Marantz handled my issue described above (white lines when many disks started up). I called- said I'd bought the player refurbished but from accessories4less (an authorized Marantz dealer) and I received it with this problem. The tech support guy at Marantz apologized- saying their quality control should have caught that. He emailed a return FedEx label and said as soon as they saw FedEx had my unit, they'd cross ship a replacement.

A week later I called, and they apologized but said they were out of stock on refurbished 7006's... but one would be shipping soon.

Yesterday, a total of two weeks later- I received a brand new, UD7007 from Marantz. That's pretty remarkable in my opinion, the most I expected was a refund or store credit. That kind of thing is going to keep me buying Marantz for quite a while. John

That is amazing! You must be so happy. The UD7007 is a very impressive player. Would you recommend anyone to buy a UD7006 even though you now own the newest model UD7007? I am doing a demo in my home of the UD7006 and weighing the benefits. What is your opinion please?
post #74 of 78 Old 03-23-2013, 06:49 AM

Well, I'm very happy with the 7007-- but probably would have been very happy with the 7006 if it hadn't had a problem. They are quite similar- except for balanced audio outputs for main L and R (which I can't use currently anyway). I can certainly attest to Marantz honoring the warranty of a refurb'ed 7006 and given it's less than half the price of a 7007 and I'd probably still go for it. John
post #75 of 78 Old 04-03-2013, 10:28 AM
Just add water and stir

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 461
post #76 of 78 Old 04-04-2013, 08:59 AM

Liked: 11
I cant seem to find a dedicated UD7007 thread so ill post here.

When playing a cd i set the UD7007 to AV pure direct so that it cuts the video out and just sends the music. However when i put a blu ray in to watch i have to switch it back. Is there no way of the UD7007 remembering what im doing or realizing what is the best option. Instead of me keep having to change it back?
post #77 of 78 Old 06-14-2013, 02:27 PM

Hi, someone can please post a subjective difference between:

Marantz UD7006 vs Marantz UD5005

Marantz UD7006 vs Marantz BD7004

in terms of DVD upscaling and audio quality ?
post #78 of 78 Old 01-31-2014, 09:12 AM

Hello , Can you say me if the UD7006 play mkv files through the front usb? 

Thanks . 

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Marantz Ud7006 Blu Ray Disc Player , Marantz , Blu Ray Players
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page