Owner's thread for the Samsung BD-D6500. All questions and comments go here - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 204 Old 04-18-2011, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone here by any chance successfully used this player with a Pioneer receiver (VSX-3x or non-elites) to pass through 3D HD to their TVs? I am worried it may not work. I don't want to connect the player to my TV, that's out of the question as I cannot dangle the wire across the room (the receiver's HDMI out goes to a cable that's in the wall already). Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 204 Old 05-07-2011, 04:45 PM

When the screensaver kicks in on the player i randomly get a white line of pixels down the right side of the screen and in some cases down the right side and along the bottom. This only happens during the screensaver. Has anyone else had this happen? This player has been connected to multiple tvs with different cables so it must be the player.
post #33 of 204 Old 05-12-2011, 02:50 AM

Just purchased Samsung BD-D6500 with my Samsung 64D8000 so far no problems but have only watched 1 blu-ray movie. This player included Samsungs 3-D starter kit for free. 2 pair of Adult glasses and 4 - 3d Shrek Movies.
post #34 of 204 Old 05-22-2011, 09:12 AM

Does this unit have a fan? What is the drive noise like when playing a movie? I had to return a Sony BDP-S570 because of a high pitch whine while playing a film.

How quick is it?

Whats the DLNA player like? Can you alter 4:3 to strech to 16:9?
post #35 of 204 Old 05-23-2011, 03:38 PM

Are there any apps that offer free programing? A friend of mine
has a Sony Blue Ray and he has an App called "Crackle" and it
is free programming due to the commercials. I am looking for
something like that for the BD-D6500.

Thanks
Ken
post #36 of 204 Old 05-25-2011, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post

Is the 802.11n only 2.4GHz or is it dual band capable?

Supports 2.4 and 5ghz. I'm using it with Linksys E4200 on the 5ghz band

Anyone managed to set it up with PS3 media senter?
Transcoding crashes for me. Normal stream seems to work fine.
post #37 of 204 Old 06-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Anyone experiencing a slight skipping when listening to a DTS-hd track? Mine doesn't do it with all discs authored with DTS-hd but sometimes it will hesitate in the track; usually less than a second. Kind of odd and can't find a fix since it doesn't happen with all discs. Inception and Deathly Hallows (both Warner releases) are the main culprits.

fdsfds
post #38 of 204 Old 06-12-2011, 03:39 PM

Can the USA region 1 player be unlocked to play all region or at least region 4 DVD's?
post #39 of 204 Old 06-17-2011, 11:32 AM

Samsungs website shows a June firmware update for the BD-D6500. But when I try to update directly from the player it says no update is available. My last update was in early May, so I should be able to get the update. Has anyone else had problems getting the update from the player directly?
post #40 of 204 Old 06-17-2011, 08:08 PM

Hello,

I did not see a previous thread for the BD-P6500 so I decided to create one. If this post needs to be moved I'll understand.

I have a Denon 3803 receiver connected to a Samsung BP-P6500 (firmware BDSP-C6500WWB-1021.4) via HDMI. Recently I purchased a set of Sennheiser HD555 headphones to connect to the receiver.

When I watch blu-ray movies and use the headphones, after a few minutes (sometimes sooner) I don't hear the audio dialog anymore. The audio affects are ok as well as music, it's just the voices that are lost. Very strange. This does not happen with Netflix streaming through the Samsung or with any other source, even DVD playback...only using Blu-Ray media. I have no problems with Blu-Ray audio dialog when using my external speakers.

Not sure where the problem may lie, the receiver or blu-ray player.

Any ideas as to what may be causing the behavior? Any help would be appreciated.

Tony
post #41 of 204 Old 06-17-2011, 09:41 PM

I installed the new firmware today and it loaded successfully. Problem is that now it will not recognize any discs (Blu Ray, regular DVD, CD's etc.). Has anyone had this problem?

How can i put the old firmware back on it?

Thanks!
post #42 of 204 Old 06-19-2011, 06:53 PM

Hi- I have a Sony KV-36FS12 flat screen - i am trying to hook up a new blu-ray player Samsung BD-D600 so i can steam Netflix movies- how can i hook this up
post #43 of 204 Old 06-19-2011, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 130
If the TV has HDMI, run one HDMI cable from the player to the display. That will do both video and audio.

If the TV has component video, but no HDMI, then run the three component cables (red/green/blue) for video and two analog cables (red/white) for audio.

If it lacks either of those, run composite video and analog audio (yellow/red/white). The video will be limited to 480i that way, though.
post #44 of 204 Old 06-19-2011, 07:23 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Welcome to AVSForum.

The only high definition video input on that TV is via component cables. That's a bundle of three cables marked with red, blue and green color coding. Your BR player has component output so you are good there.

For audio you need a set of red/white stereo cables.

Is Blu-ray working and Netflix not? If so, try to find a specific thread for your player and ask there.

-Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #45 of 204 Old 06-25-2011, 09:28 AM

Picked up a d6500 as well as a WDTV Live Plus yesterday, both on sale.

I need a way to stream content off NAS upstairs to HDTV downstairs, and still don't have a BD player, so I figured, lets try this allshare out.

For the most part, I am pretty pleased with the ALLSHARE from my mezzmo server. The interface isn't the most pretty thing, but it played just about anything I threw at it.

However, when I stream 1080i video in MTS format, taken from my Sony Camcorder, it's choppy and pauses every 5 seconds. I don't have this issue with the WDTV using the same DNLA server.

Would be great if there was a way to increase the cached video to avoid this.

Any thoughts?
post #46 of 204 Old 06-28-2011, 02:03 PM

How are you. I noticed that Netflix movies that I watch black out for a fraction of a second at times when being wirelessly streamed from my Net Gear dual band wireless N router to my new Wi-Fi enabled Samsung Blu Ray Player. The problem does not occur when I stream Netflix movies through my Nintendo Wii; nor does it occur when I stream Netflix through a wired connection to my computer. This leads me to believe that there is some kind of incompatibility issue between the Netflix service and my new Wi-Fi enabled Samsung Blu Ray Player. Does any body else experience this problem, and is there a fix for it? Some people I asked at work said this happens to them also.The model # of my Samsung Blu Ray Player is HT-D6500W. The Software version is HTB-D6500WWB-1003.4 I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me here, as I paid over $5000 at Best Buy for an entire Entertainment Center including this Blu Ray Theatre System and a Samsung 65 LED HD TV. For that kind of money, I expect no problems. Best Regards--Brac.
post #47 of 204 Old 07-01-2011, 11:45 AM

I'm looking for help on a problem that's frustrated me for several weeks. I have the 6500 connnected to my Samsung TV using HDMI, and run the optical out to an old Nakamichi receiver that does support DTS and 96kHz signals. Right or wrong, I set the players audio settings to Bitstream (re-encoded DTS). Most movies seem to work OK, but I've had 3 rental titles now that do the following:

Previews play fine, Blu-Ray or DTS or other logo screen is OK, and the first arrival of the main disc menu is fine. When I choose play movie, I get the FBI warnings, the screen goes blank, then the movie starts (production studio's logo and stuff first), but there no more sound (the picture is also jerky like it pauses every second or so). No sound from the receiver, no sound from the TV. For 2 of the movies, I did a player reset, got the to main menu and selected scene 2 (to skip the other stuff) and it got around the glitch and I had surround sound. If I try to play from scene 1, it always lost the sound. If I simply start the disc over without a reset, even the previews have lost their sound. I had taken the first player back to the store for an exchange, but the second player does the exact same thing. I believe I'm using firmware version 1008 (from back in May).

Rental titles with the problem: Tron Legacy 3D, The Next 3 Days, and Skyline

If I put in a DVD like Shrek 4 3D, it works fine every time, no problems.

Any ideas? Please help.
post #48 of 204 Old 07-07-2011, 07:38 PM

Has anyone been able to get this player to work through an HDMI switch box? If so, which brand/model switch do you have? I have a monoprice 4x1 HDMI switch I cannot get the player to work through it. The player will work when plugged directly into the TV. Any special config option for the player on setup menu? Any thoughts?
post #49 of 204 Old 07-10-2011, 02:12 PM

I just purchased the BD-D6500 from BB yesterday. I'm bummed that I can't get it to sync with Onkyo Recvr (707) remote, and it won't learn from it either. I thought the responce time was incredible slow from the D6500's remote to the player. I mean I almost had to push each button 3x! Has anyone experienced any of these issues?
post #50 of 204 Old 07-17-2011, 09:39 PM

Bought a BD-D6500 today from Best Buy, sales guy told me yes it has Skype. He even showed my on tv in store, but get home update softwate etc.. and No Skype.

Does anyone know if this player has Skype ability? I think he showed me on a Samsung PN64D8000 Tv, that is why it had Skype beucase the Smart Hub on that TV has it, he was probably not showing me the smart hub from the dvd player..

Any confirmation on this player? If ot anyone know of a 3d-Blue Ray that will work with a Samsung TV that has SKype?
post #51 of 204 Old 07-24-2011, 02:39 PM

hi all..i too am having an odd problem with my bd-d6500 player but just related to the picture.
when watching a bluray in 24fps the picture seems to stutter every 10 seconds for just a fraction of a second,no problems with the audio when it happens but it is rather annoying as it has you counting every time it does it,hehe.
have latest firmware installed and you will have guessed right in Samsung tech help being NO help at all,all thet can suggest is a factory reset and firmware update which has already been done.
its happens on most blurays,some may be ok but then it might do it next time you watch it, had a sony player previous for about a year and had no problems...any thoughts guys/girls?
regards
Mark.
post #52 of 204 Old 07-31-2011, 06:29 AM

Tried to set up this player yesterday for my parents. They bought this to go with a new 6420 TV. Everything works fine, except I could not get Netflix working. I set up the wifi and the D6500 told me the network was set up fine. The other apps worked fine. But, everytime I would select netflix, it would start to load, then give me a window that said the network was not set up (or something to that affect). Of note, the player said the firmware was the latest.

Is this a known issue?
Anyone come across this issue?
Any known way to solve this?

Thanks for any reply.
post #53 of 204 Old 08-07-2011, 10:03 PM

After a weekend of using the process of elimination, I'm torn between this one and 6700. I was wondering if anyone could discuss what they like and don't like about the 6500?
post #54 of 204 Old 08-09-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majax79 View Post

After a weekend of using the process of elimination, I'm torn between this one and 6700. I was wondering if anyone could discuss what they like and don't like about the 6500?

Majax79,

I have the bd-c6500. I've had it for over a year now.

- Netflix
- Built-in wireless N capability (no dongle needed)
- Speed to play a Blu-Ray disc (good for when the product was released)
- Has received several firmware updates in a short time (probably will not get much more though due to all of the new players Samsung has released)

Dislikes:
- Samsung PC Share Manager software (does not support Windows 7, limited media file type support, very clunky interface. They also don't seem to update the application much, they just add new apps within the program)

Other than my dislike of the PC Share Manager software, I like the player.

Hope this helps.
post #55 of 204 Old 08-13-2011, 06:28 PM

I am using PC Share Manager with Windows 7 with no problems.
post #56 of 204 Old 08-13-2011, 06:50 PM

Hello, I am a Samsung fan and have a BD-C7900, and I love it. I am searching for a Blu-Ray player for my parents...they don't need a lot of frills, but do need: ease of use, Netflix, decent speed overall, componet outputs, and wi-fi built-in. I have narrowed my search to 2, the Samsung BD-D6500 and the LG BD-670. My parents have a Sony TV, but I eliminated the Sony BD-S580 because of its custom interface that has been labled "tedious" and "mediocre" by reviewers.

My understanding of the LG BD-670 is that it is solid, simple, maybe a little slow at loading. I would like to know if anybody has done an in-depth comparison with the BD-D6500.

The major negative on the BD-D6500 that I have been able to find seems kind of hard to believe. It has to do with searches on Netflix. On my BD-C7900, while in Netflix, you go to search, a box with the alphabet pops up, and I navigate letter by letter until I have enough spelled out that a new window pops up with filtered selections to choose from. What I read that was strange about the BD-D6500 forces you to enter titles like texting on a non-smart cell phone...ie, if you want the letter "C", you press the # "2" three times on the remote keypad, if you want the letter "S", you press the # 7 four times, etc. This sounds too goofy to be true, but I would hate to order one, have it shipped to them, and have this actually be how it works. But..I just can't believe anybody would use one of these units and be happy with it if it really does work like this.

So...2 quesitons:
1. Is the search function in the BD-D6500 normal or goofy?
2. Does anybody have thoughts re: the LG BD-670 vs the Samsung BD-D6500?

Thank you very much, I appreciate your time/thoughts/expertise!
post #57 of 204 Old 08-27-2011, 04:53 PM

I just got this "free" with a TV from best buy. Do you guys like it? Is it worth keeping?
post #58 of 204 Old 08-31-2011, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldandtired View Post

I'm looking for help on a problem that's frustrated me for several weeks. I have the 6500 connnected to my Samsung TV using HDMI, and run the optical out to an old Nakamichi receiver that does support DTS and 96kHz signals. Right or wrong, I set the players audio settings to Bitstream (re-encoded DTS). Most movies seem to work OK, but I've had 3 rental titles now that do the following:

Previews play fine, Blu-Ray or DTS or other logo screen is OK, and the first arrival of the main disc menu is fine. When I choose play movie, I get the FBI warnings, the screen goes blank, then the movie starts (production studio's logo and stuff first), but there no more sound (the picture is also jerky like it pauses every second or so). No sound from the receiver, no sound from the TV. For 2 of the movies, I did a player reset, got the to main menu and selected scene 2 (to skip the other stuff) and it got around the glitch and I had surround sound. If I try to play from scene 1, it always lost the sound. If I simply start the disc over without a reset, even the previews have lost their sound. I had taken the first player back to the store for an exchange, but the second player does the exact same thing. I believe I'm using firmware version 1008 (from back in May).

Rental titles with the problem: Tron Legacy 3D, The Next 3 Days, and Skyline

If I put in a DVD like Shrek 4 3D, it works fine every time, no problems.

Any ideas? Please help.

I am having the exact same issue with human planet on blu ray does anybody know of some fixes, please help ???
post #59 of 204 Old 08-31-2011, 05:28 PM

I just picked up a BD-6500. Hopefully I'll have time to watch a movie this weekend. I played with the smart hub and DLNA for a few minutes.

Only complaint so far:

Pandora is painfully slow. There is a ~7 second delay between songs. I have a WD Live TV Hub, and Pandora is instant on it.
post #60 of 204 Old 09-23-2011, 10:36 PM

Not sure if anyone has seen this issue but whenever I do something after the unit auto-shutdown itself there is nothing being displayed. Unless it is an issue with my Sony Bravia TV that cannot pick up the signal back, the only way I have found so far to remediate is to power down the unit then back up. I have latest firmware installed. Can't tell if it was doing this before the update since I had this player since 2 days.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Bd D6500 Za D6500 Serivce Blue Ray Disc Player 3d Stereo , Blu Ray Players , Philips , Samsung Refurbished Blu Ray Disc Player Bd C6800 B
Gear in this thread - D6500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page