Owner's thread for the Samsung BD-D6500. All questions and comments go here - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 204 Old 09-27-2011, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just picked this unit up and so far I havent used it too much to comment on it. However , I tried streaming some 1080p MKV full BD rips and it stuttersor buffers constantly. or at least I think its buffering. I also notices that I get a lot of audio codec unsupported messages on a few movies. They are are AC3 audio so I dont know. I was able to stream a few DVD rips with no problems so far. Any ideas on the audio and the buffering. The signal is full bars on both my wireless N and G networks.

Thanks for any insight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 204 Old 09-28-2011, 01:15 AM

I've recently purchased a Samsung BD-D6500 Blu-ray player. I have a ton of movies on my external hard drive which I'd like to play via my Blu-Ray player as it is connected to my home theatre system via HDMI whereas my TV is not.

I can't seem to activate the subtitles through the Blu-Ray player though. Oddly enough, my TVs, which are also Samsungs (series 8 plasma, series 6 LCD) do play the subtitles when I plug in directly into the TV USB port.

I live in a non english country and my wife's english isn't perfect, so being able to activate the subs is a big help when watching movies.

Most of the movie files are in .mkv format, with some in .avi and .mp4 as well.

Most of the subtitles are in .srt or .ssa format.

I've considered hardcoding the subs into the movie, but every program I've found has to re-encode the movie and I'll potentially lose either sound or video quality which kind of defeats the purpose of having a big plasma and home theatre setup.

Thanks for any help.
post #63 of 204 Old 10-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member

.srt subtitles should work. I have been watching movies through the TV or bluray player and the subtitles work the same on both.

I use the subtitle button when using the bluray player.
post #64 of 204 Old 10-12-2011, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
any of you "well informed" know if the bdd6500's (or the samsung apps store) will be getting an update for netflix that allows the dolby digital plus 5.1? really want that for streaming (more important to me than 1080p)... i'm aware ps3 and roku2 do it, i just would like to have it on my sammy.
post #65 of 204 Old 11-08-2011, 02:10 PM

I recently purchased the Samsung BD-D6500 as a gift for my girlfriend and ran into a problem. Since she doesn't have an HDTV (yet), she's primarily using it to stream Netflix and view her Blu-ray discs, as she was previously unable to play them in her room.

When I set it up on my own TV to test it out (HDMI 1080p) everything worked flawlessly. When I moved to her TV set, I had to connect via Composite, as her TV doesn't have component or HDMI.

I noticed a pretty big issue, however. The picture is 16x9 anamorphically squished to display on her 4:3 CRT TV. I've tried to set the player's TV Aspect to 4:3 Letterbox and nothing changes. Changing the TV Aspect modes in the setup menu doesn't seem to do anything whatsoever, actually...is there something I'm missing here? Do the player's aspect ratio options only work via HDMI? Is there something wrong with the player?

Thanks, everyone.

edit: I've found that physical discs play at their correct aspect ratios. Widescreen DVD's or Blu-rays play with proper letterboxing, etc.. However, the interface, menus, and all net apps (netflix, etc..) remain anamorphically squished. Resolution options in the menus only affect Component and HDMI outputs, it seems Composite is fixed...at the wrong aspect ratio. Again any help on this would be HUGELY appreciated!
post #66 of 204 Old 11-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Does this player output 720p and 1080i over the component outputs? Did I see that netflix only has 2 channel audio? Does netflix play in DD5.1?
post #67 of 204 Old 11-17-2011, 04:59 PM

Liked: 13
Have had this unit since about July when we upgraded to a 3D TV. Recently I've been having issues with movies skipping, and even at times they won't even load or the player just locks up requiring me to power it off and then back on. I have the latest firmware, does anyone else have this issue?? I plan on giving samsung a call in the morning.

Xbox Gamertag: Magaman
Editor in Chief -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #68 of 204 Old 11-23-2011, 03:25 PM

i too am having playback issues with 24 fps on. i get every now and then it seems like a jump as if a frame is missing but the audio stays in sync. it is just really irritating. i thought i had a faulty player so i exchanged it and he new player is exactly the same. any ideas? it plays fine at 60hz. but why should we make do when we pay for equipment that should do what it says on the box?
post #69 of 204 Old 12-20-2011, 09:16 AM

Liked: 19
Purchased the BD D6500 yesterday and was amazed by the Blu Ray picture, it was better than the Panasonic BDT210. I have the picture setting on Dynamic.
post #70 of 204 Old 12-20-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDPERSON View Post

Purchased the BD D6500 yesterday and was amazed by the Blu Ray picture, it was better than the Panasonic BDT210. I have the picture setting on Dynamic.

Are you in the UK?
post #71 of 204 Old 12-20-2011, 07:06 PM

installed the new update today. good to see my movies playing again.
post #72 of 204 Old 12-20-2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdmytrusz View Post

installed the new update today. good to see my movies playing again.

What titles was you having trouble with? As I updated yesterday but I'm still having the problems.
post #73 of 204 Old 12-22-2011, 09:46 AM
U-2

Samsung website lists ARC as a feature for the BD-D6500. I have PN51D490 that also has this feature. I assumed that I could connect my headphones to the player's RCA jacks and listen for TV's audio (TV does not have an analog audio output). I could not make it work. How does audio return channel work for this player?

Edit: I believe, I saw this feature listed on US website, it is still listed here: http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/t...ype=prd_detail ,but looking more carefully at the picture I can see now that web page is messed up.
post #74 of 204 Old 12-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member

I have been having a problem with the smart hub for a few months now.

Whenever I add any new apps the smart hub updates and deletes the apps.

It seems like it always wants certain apps at the bottom. If I delete an app it will update and add that app (that I don't want) back on. If I add an app it will update and delete it.

Has anyone else seen this problem? The first few months I had this blu-ray player it worked fine. I had all the apps I wanted and they never got deleted.

I have keeping current with the new firmware, but the problem never gets fixed.
post #75 of 204 Old 12-22-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy0306 View Post

What titles was you having trouble with? As I updated yesterday but I'm still having the problems.

basically every movie that wasn't 3D.
post #76 of 204 Old 12-22-2011, 07:06 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy0306 View Post

Are you in the UK?

No
post #77 of 204 Old 12-24-2011, 07:45 AM

I have a new bd-d6500 connected to a 4-5 year old Marantz AVS and LG TV with 5mbs wireless DSL. The selections of CNBC Live, Pandora and Netflix play but sometimes with audio, most times not. Samsung and Netflix support has been unable to resolve. Netflix even said Samsung is not supported due to licensing issues. The 6500 is HDMI connected by a short cable to the Marantz AVS. I discovered that the cable had been badly twisted behind the equipment. On stratup, TV screen goes between gray noise and purble hue, many times before SmartHub screen appears, also with "popping" noises from the speakers.

Any ideas?
post #78 of 204 Old 12-26-2011, 01:29 PM

One fix for the audio problem has worked for several (assuming you have 5.1 or less sound--NOT 7.1). Go into the player's audio options/speaker settings. Set front, center, sub, & surround as appropriate, but be sure the rear surround setting is NONE (the graphic icon for those speakers will disappear or lose the blue color). Exit and try your streaming audio on Netflix. (Another fix for many was to open Pandora first, then back out and open Netflix to enable the Netflix audio, but your problem seemed to involve several of the apps with audio.

My question: I've solved all of the issues for my BD-D6500 players (like 'em so much I have 2) save one: when stopping a blu-ray disc, one press of the stop is supposed to memorize the place so it resumes when play is hit (2 presses of stop cancel the memory--this according to manual. However, the position is never remembered! My workaround is to place a bookmark before stopping (blue button). This is kind of a pain, takes some patience to get back to the film again. It should resume with one press of the play button. Is this a player issue & does anyone have a solution? Or could it be an issue with the way the blu-ray disc has been authored?
post #79 of 204 Old 12-30-2011, 12:12 AM

Hey there everyone. I am having some pretty unsettling issues with my player. I recently got the player and a few blu ray movies for Christmas, but I was having trouble when playing some of them. I managed to watch Xmen First class without any problems. However, when I watched green lantern every now and then the screen would tear. Next, I then watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and it would artifact in black and green at the top half of the screen at random.

Is my player bad and should I return it? Does it not have good support for these movies yet? Is there anything I can do in the settings or anything like that? I have it hooked up via HDMI to my samsung 7000 series LED TV and I also updated to the latest firmware. Any help is appreciated thank you.

Just to summarize:

-When I watched green lantern every now and then the screen would tear.
-I then watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and it would artifact in black and green at the top half of the screen at random.
-Have the latest firmware update
post #80 of 204 Old 01-02-2012, 03:28 PM

Liked: 12
Anyone having trouble playing "Cowboys and Aliens" BluRay despite latest firmware upgrade? As an additional unrelated problem, sometimes with all discs and fast forwarding, the picture will play but with no sound.
post #81 of 204 Old 01-02-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme4brain View Post

Anyone having trouble playing "Cowboys and Aliens" BluRay despite latest firmware upgrade? As an additional unrelated problem, sometimes with all discs and fast forwarding, the picture will play but with no sound.

My cowboys and aliens played fine except at first when I had audio dropouts every few seconds. I turned the player off and on a few times and that seemed to do the trick.

I'm really not impressed with this player at all. The inlaws have an older, cheaper and inferior model and it don't have the playback issues I have.
post #82 of 204 Old 01-05-2012, 07:23 AM

I just got my Samsung BD-D6500 for christmas. I played AVATAR and had no problems what so ever. Beautiful picture, very vivid colors. When I played Cowboys and Aliens the movie froze 4-5 times while watching the movie. I took the disc back thinking there was a problem with it. Few days later, I was watching Wolfman and the disc froze 2 times. Both these Blu-Ray disc were brand new. Now After reading some of the comments here, there must be a problem with this model. I will probably go back to BB and return this and get the Panasonic DMP-BDT210.
post #83 of 204 Old 01-08-2012, 11:56 AM

I can play movies music from Bluray (the bd see all the networks available) allshare server or windows server, but cant start movies or music from allshare, blu-ray is not listed under shared device tab so i cant remote play items. Is that normal?
allshare find the blu-ray ip but doesn't list it as a shared media device. I also tried via windows 7 and dlna devices but they see the bd as "samsung bd rcr" in other peripheral but not as a media device. so i cant stream to the bd player.
ive try 2 different computers with firewall desactivated and it doenst work.
am i doing something wrong?
Thanx
post #84 of 204 Old 01-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I just pick up one of these yesterday. I bought it basically just to stream 3d vudu. I have a panasonic 110 which works great except it does not do vudu in 3d. LOng story short this does not stream nearly as good as my panny. I have it hard wired exactly like the panny. The panny streams vudu 1080 perfectly the samsung will not stream 1080 it keeps buffering i have to use 720. also when playing 3d blu rays it is jittery unlike thew smooth panasonic. Too bad because it really has great picture quality. Back to best buy now to return it.

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #85 of 204 Old 01-14-2012, 06:48 AM

Hi I just joined this forum to ask this question.

When playing MKV files with DTS from my HDD the sound dips out constantly probably for less than a second but its very annoying. Has anyone come accross this issue? Ive tried a few different files and they all do the same.
Thanks
Scott
post #86 of 204 Old 01-19-2012, 11:45 AM

Screen goes blank and audio sputters for me after the firmware upgrade ....

Anyone else have these issues? This is with virtually every non Bluray DVD .... Haven't had a chance with a Bluray though ...

I don't use the DVD player much so it's hard to pinpoint what's causing it.
post #87 of 204 Old 01-22-2012, 01:48 PM

Recently got a Samsung BD-D6500 bluray player. One major difference from my older JVC dvd player is that if I turn the power off in the middle of a movie or leave on pause and the the player autoshuts down, I have to restart the movie/disc from the beginning, going through all the previews, etc., most of which you cant bypass.

On my older player I liked that you could just turn the player off in the middle of the movie, and go back the next day and boot up and the movie started right where you left off.

Is that possible with the BD-D6500?
post #88 of 204 Old 01-25-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme4brain View Post

I played Cowboys and Aliens last night and there were no problems with audio or video.
post #89 of 204 Old 01-26-2012, 04:03 AM

Ya i watched last night with no problems the 2main blu rays i have problems with is "life" and " human planet" on this blu ray player
post #90 of 204 Old 01-26-2012, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by santz76 View Post

Ya i watched last night with no problems the 2main blu rays i have problems with is "life" and " human planet" on this blu ray player

Same issues brand new discs but when playing, audio skips and sometimes pic but mostly its audio cutting in and out ps3 plays them fine!
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Bd D6500 Za D6500 Serivce Blue Ray Disc Player 3d Stereo , Blu Ray Players , Philips , Samsung Refurbished Blu Ray Disc Player Bd C6800 B
Gear in this thread - D6500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page