Owner's thread for the Samsung BD-D6500. All questions and comments go here - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 204 Old 08-10-2012, 10:46 AM
erc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been searching the web for days trying to figure this out, but almost every forum thread and web page that mentions these problems has to do with playing Bluray discs on a PC.

There are a few movies that my player just has a horrible time with. One is Rio and another is The Lorax. The stuttering video/audio isn't constant, but it seems to get worse during musical scenes, which generally have a lot going on visually as well as with the audio.

Even the previews on The Lorax disc had trouble playing, and there were extended black pauses in between.

Where it's only specific movies, is it likely a disc problem?

The player has the most recent firmware installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 204 Old 08-26-2012, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just got this player as gift, read all of this thread.My question is my firmware is 1023.0 support page has 1029.0 , have had trouble with net flex.
Should I upgrade the firmware?
post #183 of 204 Old 09-01-2012, 09:54 PM

yeah, you're in the "not-so-good" firmware crowd already. Did you make the person unhappy who gifted this to you? I wish I never bought this player. Hey here's a fun fact. Samsung's flagship galaxy 3 running ICS, is too advanced for this player. I would think they would have their (recent) products work together...

sorry for your gift.
post #184 of 204 Old 12-26-2012, 01:17 AM

Indeed, I am too sorry that you got this as a gift. I got this thing in August and haven't really messed around with the blu-ray portion of it yet (Kind of stupid, since it is a blu-ray player but I primarily bought it for streaming PC to TV to give my Xbox a rest). I haven't had much of an issue with streaming or Netflix (Xbox app is much better for Netflix, so I use that but I'll keep my fingers crossed that this thing works for a duration with everything mentioned), it's actually pretty good in that regard.

Holy hell though, most new blu rays won't play on this thing. I'm thinking it's copyright protection related but Samsung needs to get on the ball. Their tech support is also terrible. I have a warranty on it, I'm thinking about getting my money back.
post #185 of 204 Old 02-21-2013, 10:43 AM

Problem I am having is no 3D DVDs are playing audio.

I can get video fine through my Marantz sr6005 receiver but the audio is not coming through from the DVD.

Current set up is the two blueray DVDs into the HDMI1 and HDMI2 inputs to the receiver. Receiver HDMI out to Samsung 3D TV.

I have two blueray players, one is 2D, one is 3D (BD-6500). Audio and video with a normal DVD is fine through both.
Audio through the BD-6500 is a no go on the two 3D DVDs I have (Tron and Toy Story 2).

Display on the Marantz shows no audio coming in from the BD-6500.

Checked the settings on the BD-6500 and it seems to be fine. I put it back to PCM from bitstream(Re-Encode) but that did not matter.

Any other suggestions? Swapped out the cable for a new one already. Wifi is working fine.
I must be missing something in the audio set up.

Marantz has HDMI input and output terminals that support the following functions.
• Deep Color
• Dolby True HD
• DTS-HD Master Audio
• SACD
• DVD-Audio
post #186 of 204 Old 02-24-2013, 07:36 AM

Ok,I have figured out the connections on these components!

Receiver - Marantz sr6005
Blue-Ray - Samsung BD-D6500 3D
TV - Samsung LED 3D Smart TV

Issue was sound with 3D with HMDI connections going from DVD to Receiver to TV.
3D video was fine with the HDMI through connections.

Connections are now;

BD-D6500 to TV via HDMI
BD-D6500 to Receiver via Optical Out

Now getting 3D on the TV and all channels on the Receiver (5.1).
post #187 of 204 Old 03-15-2013, 06:26 AM

Do you still have the BD-D6500? What movie titles did you have issues playing?

I have been having issue this blu ray playback as well. I can't seem to play The Avengers in 2D. The disc works fine with other players. Samsung tried to assure me that this movie plays fine on this model. I beg to differ.
Older blu ray releases seem to work fine.
post #188 of 204 Old 03-20-2013, 09:38 AM

I had problems with modern family first season blu rays... Other than that is fine. BTW I regret buying this piece of crap
post #189 of 204 Old 03-25-2013, 10:57 PM

I still have the BD-D6500. It's been a couple months since I first posted about this thing. I no longer hold the opinion that it's even good with streaming or Netflix. The wheels have completely fallen off only after 6 months. Blu-rays are sluggish at best, some don't work at all (Still no Avengers even on the regular DVD format). The streaming from PC to TV or even from external-HD or USB drives stutters and audio goes out of sync regularly unless I fast forward, rewind or pause, in which it corrects for a period of time anywhere between 2-10 minutes. Netflix has become unusable, video quality and network connection are great.. But for some reason I have the same audio issues as PC streaming or connecting a device. This thing is a total piece of junk. What's with a lot of newer electronics being crap these days? I've built my own PC with great parts (Upgrades along the way but still) and I've never had an issue with it. I've had three Xbox 360's (One of which was a refurb), a junked PS3, a couple junked iPods and now this thing. I'm losing my faith in the electronics business (Whatever I had left). If you have a warranty left on your BD-D6500 I suggest you use it while you can, I definitely am. I also suggest that everyone stay away from this product. Maybe some don't have as bad of luck with electronics as I do but this one is actually the king loser of the bunch I listed. I think I might just get a blu-ray drive for my PC and connect it directly to my TV. I don't really have the patience for this.
post #190 of 204 Old 04-03-2013, 05:19 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollectingSoul View Post

I still have the BD-D6500. It's been a couple months since I first posted about this thing. I no longer hold the opinion that it's even good with streaming or Netflix. The wheels have completely fallen off only after 6 months. Blu-rays are sluggish at best, some don't work at all (Still no Avengers even on the regular DVD format). The streaming from PC to TV or even from external-HD or USB drives stutters and audio goes out of sync regularly unless I fast forward, rewind or pause, in which it corrects for a period of time anywhere between 2-10 minutes. Netflix has become unusable, video quality and network connection are great.. But for some reason I have the same audio issues as PC streaming or connecting a device. This thing is a total piece of junk. What's with a lot of newer electronics being crap these days? I've built my own PC with great parts (Upgrades along the way but still) and I've never had an issue with it. I've had three Xbox 360's (One of which was a refurb), a junked PS3, a couple junked iPods and now this thing. I'm losing my faith in the electronics business (Whatever I had left). If you have a warranty left on your BD-D6500 I suggest you use it while you can, I definitely am. I also suggest that everyone stay away from this product. Maybe some don't have as bad of luck with electronics as I do but this one is actually the king loser of the bunch I listed. I think I might just get a blu-ray drive for my PC and connect it directly to my TV. I don't really have the patience for this.
FWIW It's got to be your unit, mine plays 2D and 3D versions of The Avengers just fine
post #191 of 204 Old 05-05-2013, 12:39 PM

have had this player for 6 months and very satisfied. Used primarily for netflix blu-ray dvds and closed caption worked fine. changed my account at netflix to streaming without realizing that this dvr does not support closed caption via streaming unless there is some hardware update that i cannot find. yes, i'm certain that the netflix movies i've downloaded have closed caption because i can play them thru my Wii just fine. Is there an update or trick to get this dvr to accept streaming closed caption?
post #192 of 204 Old 05-05-2013, 12:43 PM

have had this player for 6 months and very satisfied. Used primarily for netflix blu-ray dvds and closed caption worked fine. changed my account at netflix to streaming without realizing that this dvr does not support closed caption via streaming unless there is some hardware update that i cannot find. yes, i'm certain that the netflix movies i've downloaded have closed caption because i can play them thru my Wii just fine. Is there an update or trick to get this dvr to accept streaming closed caption?
post #193 of 204 Old 06-04-2013, 04:16 AM

I have own this since it first came out. 2 complaints. It is a little slow to
react to the IR remote commands and what ever you do, don't do a firmware
update or you will have problems watching certain movies you own that
you ripped to a hard drive to watch. The latest Sony copy protection is a problem
with firmware above 1015.

There is a site that will let you download a downgraded firmware to solve
the problem but your better off just not upgrading your firmware if possible.
Turn the auto upgrade firmware feature off in standby so it will ask you
if you want to upgrade and not do it automatically.

K
post #194 of 204 Old 06-29-2013, 02:06 PM

WOW - this doesn't work with the new Sony disc's? That seems nuts to me. I always updated because I thought the firmware would ADD support for new discs. How can I downgrade?
post #195 of 204 Old 07-02-2013, 04:20 PM

I had the same problem and tried everything, including talking to the DVD Bluray manufacturer, then, online with Samsung. Both suggested resetting the unit since it sounded like the cache had been filled.

The way to reset the unit is to remove the DVD, press and hold the stop button for 8 sec. This will do a factory reset. Note that you will have to set up the unit again, so be sure to note any passwords needed for the server.

I did this and it did temporarily solve the problem, but with one particular Bluray (Prometheus) I have to reset it every hour or so. Apparently, the cache is not being cleared out properly. I don't know how to resolve this, other than resetting every time it starts stuttering.
post #196 of 204 Old 07-23-2013, 05:47 AM

The reset worked for me! Thank you!
post #197 of 204 Old 10-01-2013, 01:40 AM

hello

sorry for my bad English ,but i want to know how downgrade the firmware of the Bd-D6500 .Because i m on 1032 ... and now there is Cinavia Inside , and sometime my movies are blocked with a message ..

and i want came back on the original firmware ...

I have try to press " STOP " 8 second ... (it s ok for the parameter ,but not to come back on original firmware)

some one can help me

thank a lot
beepbeep
post #198 of 204 Old 11-17-2013, 12:09 PM

Hello, I have the same problem with the closed caption.  I was wondering if you found a solution.  Thanks Gary

post #199 of 204 Old 11-25-2013, 03:42 AM

Hi.. Im new here..i have a BD-6500 player..when i use my 1TB HDD when i play a movie on a MKV format my player is jumping..and a second delay audio..what would i do sir? is it safe to use 1TB HDD or higher?please reply 

post #200 of 204 Old 11-27-2013, 08:30 AM

Don't know but this blu ray player is a piece of crap... Doesn't surprise me that is not able to read fast enough
post #201 of 204 Old 02-09-2014, 07:50 PM

Quick question. I just got this blu ray player. I can't seem to get it to play through my Denon AVR 3808 with 3D. It says that it can't detect a device to play the 3D to.
Any suggestions on how to get it to work?

Thanks!
post #202 of 204 Old 02-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 151
The 3808 does not support 3D. You will need to run video straight to your TV and audio to your receiver.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #203 of 204 Old 02-10-2014, 10:54 AM

Odd. I play ripped 3D movies through it with no issues. Well, I got the blu ray player for free. Guess I know why now. mad.gif
post #204 of 204 Old 03-19-2014, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

I have a Samsung "Smart" BluRay player BD-D6500. I have an HDMI cable to my video projector, and use the stereo analog audio outputs from the Samsung player to my stereo system. I have the sound set to mix-down to "Normal Stereo". All streaming content and 99% of my BluRay discs play fine, However, I just got a new BluRay disc of the Studio Ghibli animated film "From Up On Poppy Hill", and I can't hear dialog that would (in a multi-channel set up) come from a center speaker. In other words if a voice is to come from left or right side of the screen I hear it, if it should be from center, I don't hear it. The packaging says the sound is Dolby Digital 5.0 Surround. Is this a style of soundtrack that can't be mixed down by the Samsung BD-D6500 BluRay player? I have checked the set-up menu on the disc, and I can only choose a Japanese or English soundtrack. No other options. Is there a disc defect? I can't afford to buy a new home theater audio system, and I have very very fine analog Stereo gear (McIntosh). What can I do? Throw away the disc? I have checked for software update for the player, and it says I have most current software.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Bd D6500 Za D6500 Serivce Blue Ray Disc Player 3d Stereo , Blu Ray Players , Philips , Samsung Refurbished Blu Ray Disc Player Bd C6800 B
Gear in this thread - D6500 by PriceGrabber.com