AVS Forum banner
136K views 204 replies 110 participants last post by  ChrisMc73 
#1 ·
PLEASE NOTE, I am reffering to the new samsung BDD 6500, NOT the bdc 6500, my previous post was moved to the 6500 dbc, I am not referring to that model, As I said in my previous post, I had bought the panny 210, after using it for a week,I started having trouble with the tray not openning, also, I felt that the build quality was rather cheap and flimsy, so I returned it and bought the new samsung BDD 6500, I have found that the samsung seems a lot better in build quality, and the new loading system is much better then the tray system on other models, I found the pq quality excellent on both the panny and the samsung, also the up conversion, thanks

#152 ·
No luck. Netflix still won't play titles. I get the having trouble right now message.

I think you are on to something because it has something to do with the system resources. If I try to check on a software update after netflix doesn't work I get a system resources error.

If I never updated the firmware on this player I think I would have never had any problems because it worked great for the first few months I had it.

I guess I'll send it out for warranty repair. Maybe they will give me the newer model.

#153 ·
Is there ANY way to play a 3d movie from the USB port or via a DVD disk on this BD-D6500 ?

My 1tb HD is connected to the blu ray, and the mp3 works fine, the regular movies are ok...

I tried a MKV 3d movie, an AVI 3D movie... the sound is ok, the image is SBS but not 3D.

I downloaded a 3D demo from another site and the f****** demo is working from a USB key!

so IT IS possible but HOW ??

Help me please!!!!

#154 ·
I only was happy with this player until firmware 1022, then came 1023 bothering with cinavia control and then 1025 that apart of have horrible stream interruptions I lost all the aplications that I like except for AOL HD, so everytime they put a new firmware the BDD-6500 goes useless, I wonder what those guys are smeling
, I decide to buy a LG BD-670 that is way better in streaming apps.

Sorry Samsung but you mess it up.

I wonder: how a company the bigest in memory production makes a player without buffer, my god!!

#155 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenwatt /forum/post/21881391

I only was happy with this player until firmware 1022, then came 1023 bothering with cinavia control and then 1025 that apart of have horrible stream interruptions I lost all the aplications that I like except for AOL HD, so everytime they put a new firmware the BDD-6500 goes useless, I wonder what those guys are smeling
, I decide to buy a LG BD-670 that is way better in streaming apps.

Sorry Samsung but you mess it up.

Yes, this player has been rendered useless for streaming since the firmware update. I finally gave up after spending too many hours on Friday speaking with both Samsung and Netflix reps and I returned the player for a Panasonic. The Panasonic is streaming like a pro with no problems. It's a pleasure to stream movies now. I wish I had done this nine months ago when I bought my sysem.

I'm hoping these issues are behind me now and I can actually enjoy the technology instead of being aggravated by it.

#156 ·
On April-7, my WiFi internet connection was working fine. I was looking through the new apps that were available since the player auto-installed version 1025. I deleted apps that I didn't want through the edit screen. Then I lost my internet connection. When I looked for network status, I said that I was on a wired connection.

When I tried switching over to wireless, it said that I had to connect my LAN adapter. Since WiFi is built in, why would the player be asking for that? Is it possible that deleting apps caused the player to not remember that it had built-in WiFi?

I called Samsung who suggested unplugging it and then holding the stop button on the player for a system reset. It then recognized the built-in wireless for a minute, and then asked for the LAN adapter again.

I called Samsung again. They said support would call me within 24 hours. I called them back after 26 hours. They said that the unit would have to be sent back fro repair and that it would be free since I had bought the player less than a year ago. I explained that if I could download the prior version of firmware onto a USB drive, I should be able to revert the system They said that the player will not install older versions.

Now I'm waiting for an e-mail containing a label and directions on how to return the player.

#157 ·
i'm pretty disgusted with samsung. I've did a 3 or 4 email exchange with support. I can only assume they didn't re-read the previous complaints/issues. Each time I have to send in the firmware number, then all my equipment, then I get a response of "hold down reset" "have you tried unplugging it." I just go in circles.

I suggest hopping on one foot and eating a cheese burger.

#158 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHDigital /forum/post/21887713

i'm pretty disgusted with samsung. I've did a 3 or 4 email exchange with support. I can only assume they didn't re-read the previous complaints/issues. Each time I have to send in the firmware number, then all my equipment, then I get a response of "hold down reset" "have you tried unplugging it." I just go in circles.

I suggest hopping on one foot and eating a cheese burger.

Do yourself a favor and get rid of the bd-d6500 before you end up on blood pressure medication,its also been nothing but a hassle for me also,not to mention the player too,with the interuption of buffering,to slow load times etc.I went with a Sony S590 and have had NO issues and its quick and never buffers!

#160 ·
i'm glad i'm not the only one with this problem (hey maybe its a samsung feature!)

sorry again, it is just so frustrating. I spent a lot of time looking for certain features and I did return a sony for this. I wish I would have kept it. With all the new 2012 model coming out right now and not having the option to return. I don't know what way to go. I want netflix, amazon, youtube, pandora (with a screensaver) and hulu. I also want dlna, usb to read, mkv, divx, avi, mp3/4. and a boot time under 10 minutes. A harddrive is nice, but i have a 8 gig, usb nub drive, i don't care about wireless, because I have an 8-port gig switch next to my entertainment center.

I just don't know how they have made every firmware worse. It was fine when I bought it in novemeber through beginning of january.

#162 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroptop /forum/post/21887924

Do yourself a favor and get rid of the bd-d6500 before you end up on blood pressure medication,its also been nothing but a hassle for me also,not to mention the player too,with the interuption of buffering,to slow load times etc.I went with a Sony S590 and have had NO issues and its quick and never buffers!

Well,I figured Id give Samsung another try with their new BD-E6500 blu ray,and let me tell you this,aside from the frustrations Ive delt with the D series and returned it for a Sony,I decided to try the Samsung E6500 and what a BIG difference,I can honestly say its as good as my Sony,if not better,a complete internal overhaul and have NOT experienced the issues that the D series suffered.Its quick like the Sony,streaming is awesome,2 HDMI inputs with pass through technology and a few other new features that I love so far,Just an update to this thread for those who love the Compatibility of Samsung TV and Blu Ray

#163 ·
Have the lovely BD-D6500. Have the Netflix can't play this title now, choose another title issue. This has been happening for 3 weeks. Have the 1025.0 firmware, and cannot seem to update to 1025.1. When I download the zip file B-BRCM65BSP from Samsung's website, it unzips to a folder called "image" or a folder named the same as the file name (if I let Vista extract it). I just can't get the player to recognize this whether I use a flash drive or burn it to disc. Tried all differnet ways, downloaded an ISO burning program (which I might not be using correctly), nonetheless, online software upgrade says no upgrade available, and all other attempts have failed as well. Whoever said about don't get ones blood-pressure up is right. I'm about ready to smash this thing with a hammer, I don't care what it cost, just want the satisfaction of smashing it to pieces, and never buy another Samsung product again. The streaming was always fickle, and thought maybe it was my wireless router. But I have plugged it into my linksys E1000 router, no difference, just bought a linksys EA4500 router, and no help. Have a pretty stready 10 to 15 megabit cable modem connection. It is this DVD player.
Samsung is supposed to be sending me the firmware update on disc, within 5 to 10 working days. Would have been nice if they would have offered to do that on the first phone call a couple weeks ago and not the on 4th phone call, but that's another matter.

#166 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticFormula /forum/post/21919768

^ Did you have to pay to send it in to them? Did they ask for a sales receipt, I can't find mine. Thanks in advance.

No I called Samsung and gave them the serial number and they told me that it is still under warranty.

Tell them that you want it repaired. They emailed me a UPS shipping label and I had to box it. I still had the original box and I shipped it in that.

I received it back about 10 days later in the same box I shipped it in.

#167 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek /forum/post/21915000

I just got my player back from samsung repair center.

They replaced Samsung AK94-00503A BD PCB Main Assembly Board.

Now Netflix works. Yippee!

How long did it take?

Last night 4/23-24 Sammy did a fix on their Smart internet. It now loads faster. I immediately went to Netflix and started an HD program. It took about 3 tries then played flawlessly. I hope it continues. I have not had much issue with non HD programs.

I was also told weeks ago to send in my player to solve the Netflix issue. It sounds like a good idea, just to get the latest mother board and software.

Just went to another HD program: America - Story of Us. Loaded FIRST time and played without rebuffering. Maybe we do have a viable solution. Let's hope so.

Classico

#168 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbase1999 /forum/post/21885411

On April-7, my WiFi internet connection was working fine. I was looking through the new apps that were available since the player auto-installed version 1025. I deleted apps that I didn't want through the edit screen. Then I lost my internet connection. When I looked for network status, I said that I was on a wired connection.

When I tried switching over to wireless, it said that I had to connect my LAN adapter. Since WiFi is built in, why would the player be asking for that? Is it possible that deleting apps caused the player to not remember that it had built-in WiFi?

I called Samsung who suggested unplugging it and then holding the stop button on the player for a system reset. It then recognized the built-in wireless for a minute, and then asked for the LAN adapter again.

I called Samsung again. They said support would call me within 24 hours. I called them back after 26 hours. They said that the unit would have to be sent back fro repair and that it would be free since I had bought the player less than a year ago. I explained that if I could download the prior version of firmware onto a USB drive, I should be able to revert the system They said that the player will not install older versions.

Now I'm waiting for an e-mail containing a label and directions on how to return the player.

I got the player back from Samsung. It's now recognizing that it was WiFi built-in. The receipt says -

1 - BN59-01130B - Network; WIDT-10A,BCM43236, Internal WiFi

2 - Labor & Parts - Parts replaced

Not very meaningful about what was actually done.

#170 ·
Day 2 - Netflix is essentially stable. In a 44min HD program I got 1 very short rebuffering. It appears that the solution was in Sammy redoing their internet interface--and maybe the Netflix interface also. For now it works acceptably well.

Classico

Update: I can confirm that Netflix playback, while not exactly perfect is certainly very useable. There are ocassional hiccups, but they are now the exception rather than the rule as before.

Whatever Samsung did seems to be working.

Classico

#171 ·
I've had really bad luck with Samsung products of all kinds and have sworn them off although I still have my 2500 blu-ray player. From phones, to tvs, etc. However, a friend of mine was given this 6500 model Blu-ray player as a gift and it's been nothing but headaches. I think one should only give Samsung products to people you "don't" like.

Anyway, it's an attractive unit, with decent feature list. My friend doesn't use streaming so can't comment on that. But it would not play any disc all the way through. Whether it's DVD or Blu-ray...at some the drive would start stalling and then freeze. After that, nothing would clear it up. If we powered it off and waited till next day...it would start to play again and then repeat the same behavior. This led me to think it was probably heat related, so we put some spacers under it (where it felt very hot). This did not change the behavior.

I looked for firmware update and found one. Successfully installed it, and was finally able to play a movie all the way through. So, I got the next one to put in...and it would not load it. Arrrrgh. Says it can't read the disc. I went home, put the disc in my old 2500 and it fired right up. After the updates, it will play discs all the way through without freezing, but it now just won't load certain discs. I put all those discs it would not load through my old player and had no problem. So, that was that for the Samsung.

They ended up with the sony 590. It's not as nice/fancy looking case, etc., as the Samsung, but it loads every disc they have and played them all the way through without complaint. Friends don't let friends buy samsung.

#172 ·
Mine's still not working (not streaming netflix), a rep insisted this was due to the firmware being version 1023.0. I explained that I've tried every way to upgrade to 1023.1 but it wouldn't take. He said they would send a disk. A week later, it's here version 1023.0, and of course there is nothing to upgrade.

#174 ·
I find this so frustrating. After my unit was working for better than a week it has now fallen back to its old form. I called Samsung and was told that they are working on their SmartHub & that they would call me back within 24-48 hours with answers AND solutions. This is a real mess.

Samsung needs to get on the stick and get this done. It can work if they get on the right track. Tempus fugit Samsung.

Classico

UPDATE: I have sent my 6500 in for repair. BUT, here is something to consider. I called Netflix and they performed a test on the reception speed. I will report on that in my next post.

#175 ·
When Netflix did their test on my input speed (yes they can) it was between 0 & 1 on a scale of 10. In other words constant time outs, no connects, and FAILED rebuffering. It then became obvious that the problem was with the built-in Wi-fi. To test that assumption, I installed my Samsung 5500 with an outboard Wi-fi. What do you think? I connected to Netflix & over a period of 3 days I did not have a SINGLE issue with connecting to Netflix. Hour after hour whether SD or HD, I did not have ANY problems.

I hope that Samsung's repair station here in SoCal (they are independant) can FIX the Wi-fi. If not they say I will get an upgraded unit. Therefore, if you are still having a Netflix issue, the overwhelming chances are that you have a bad Wi-fi unit, and it is NOT (as many thought) an issue with software.

Hope this helps,

Classico

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.