Forum Jump: 

post #241 of 253 Old 01-16-2013, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post

There's a 3D testing mode on the Brave 3D disc, IIRC, and one of the things it does check is to see if left and right are switched.

ah, if only that movie were good enough to justify buying it.... smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 253 Old 01-20-2013, 08:29 AM

Purchased this Samsung unit on Cowboom for like 40 bucks shipped. It seems to be rock solid -- knock on wood. I tried as many "problem 3D disks" I could find (Avatar, Tron, Lion King) and it played like a champ. 3D MKV files on a usb dongle worked great as well. Only issue I had was some network flakiness which I fixed by giving the Samsung a static IP. So far so good.
post #243 of 253 Old 01-22-2013, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Took my BD-D5500 to my GF's house after replacing it with an OPPO-103.
Had never tried any of the AllShare or DLNA functions until this weekend.

I have no problems finding any of my DLNA devices (android tablet & phone) or navigating the file structure.
However, when I go to play the file, the bluray player always says unsupported file format. This happens with mp3 audio and mp4 video. Happens when I "pull" from the bluray menu as well as pushing from the device.

any suggestions?

Onkyo NR-709 / OPPO-103
Paradigm Mini Monitors v2 / Atoms (rears) / CC-370
Samsung 59D6500 Plasma
Server: WHS2011, i5 2500k CPU
HTPC1(LR):Win8 Pro 64-bit, i5 750 Radeon HD 5850
HTPC2(BR):Win8 Pro 64-bit, i3 2105, Radeon 6770
post #244 of 253 Old 01-22-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricide View Post

ah, if only that movie were good enough to justify buying it.... smile.gif

ya know, couldn't I just flip the glasses upside down to test that out? the glasses are active shutter, not polarized.
post #245 of 253 Old 04-16-2013, 04:12 PM

just in case you care!

New early April firmware update for compatibility with certain titles.
post #246 of 253 Old 04-30-2013, 12:05 AM

Just bought this player and I'm having a problem with streaming Netflix. It's so pixelated it's almost impossible to watch. I have no problem with streaming any other web content on this player however. I have a superfast connection at my house and have no problem with streaming netflix on any other device in my home. I'm connected via wifi, I've changed hdmi cords hoping that would help. Samsung wants me to update the firmware but I don't think that's the problem. Has anyone else had this problem, if so, what can I do? I searched all settings and found nothing that helped.
post #247 of 253 Old 05-29-2013, 08:57 AM

why wouldn't you update the firmware?

The BD player uses a proprietary samsung dongle for wifi right? Do you have a long lan cable you can run from the player over to your wireless router to test it out with a wired connection?

I have my BD player hard-wired, but the max resolution on the samsung netflix app is 720, so I end up watching netflix using the LG tv app anyway.
post #248 of 253 Old 06-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricide View Post

just in case you care!

New early April firmware update for compatibility with certain titles.

One guy with a BD-D5300 had problems with audio after a update, wish the studios would talk to the manufacturers before messing with the authoring of blu-ray discs
everyone blames the player but the real fault is the movie studio, they find a new cool button on the authoring software and screw up the playback on thousands of players.
always make sure you have a backup of your current firmware just in case you need to go back to the older firmware.
post #249 of 253 Old 07-01-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack54 View Post

Thank you very much for your help rboster.

Hello,

Where is the thread on the home theater version of the 5500, the search doesn't find it. Hoping maybe I can finally find a fix for mine since Samsung can't.
post #250 of 253 Old 07-10-2013, 02:04 PM

Has anyone tried to use the Redbox Instant app on this player? I have had no luck at all with it. Usually just gives me an error. Netflix is fine.
post #251 of 253 Old 11-15-2013, 10:41 AM

my BD decided to get stuck in a reboot cycle after watching a dvd for like 15 minutes. I had to pull the plug.

there was a firmware update in July, so I did a full reset (hold power button for 10 seconds) and ran the update, we'll see if that helped.
post #252 of 253 Old 01-06-2014, 04:43 AM

I bought this player a few years ago and it has been pretty good.  Over the last few months I have started to have nothing but problems with it.  Most of the blu-ray disc that I use are from NetFlix.  It has stopped playback towards the end of the movie on the last 1/2 dozen or so discs.  Last night we tried to watch one and it would freeze completely.  If I let it sit for a while, it would resume playback, but skip one or two complete chapters.  It did this several times and made the movie completely awful.  It was the great and powerful oz from disney.  I examined the disc and there were no marks, scratches or smudges on it whatsoever.

I updated the firmware to BSP-D5500ZA-1032.1 and we got through the scene that was causing problems, but still had the same problems with other portions of the movie.  We finally gave up on the movie. 

post #253 of 253 Old 02-22-2014, 08:15 PM

I have a Samsung BD-D5500 Blu-ray player with 1032 firmware which is connected to a Denon AVR-3808CI receiver via HDMI.  Tonight we watched the movie Avatar on blu-ray.  Whenever it got to scenes with a lot of action and sound, the sound would drop out and the video would become choppy.  My speculation is that the processor in the receiver couldn't keep up with the signal from the blu-ray player.  I have the audio output on the blu-ray player set to unprocessed bitstream.  Anyone experience something similar?  Any feedback and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I ended up watching the end of the movie from the DVD which had no problems.

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung Bd D5500 3d Blu Ray Disc Player Black , Samsung Bd D5500c 3d Blu Ray Player With Hdmi Cable
Gear in this thread - D5500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page