post #271 of 366 Old 02-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post

Thanks for checking for me =) I wonder if I should put in a support ticket for repair even though it sounds like it wont actually fix the issue....

could you please post samsung's support numbers ? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 366 Old 02-12-2012, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala View Post

could you please post samsung's support numbers ? thanks

Samsung service hotline
tel:1-888-987-4357
post #273 of 366 Old 02-13-2012, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hmmm it was a redbox rental. I have had issues with movies I also own, now I just dont know what to do. I havent had any of these issues on the PS3 which makes me lean towards the 6700 as the problem. The Drive blu ray played in the PS3 but not in the 6700.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTer View Post

Well, due to the rate of which I keep hearing negative comments on the Samsung D6700 Blu-ray player, I must come back on here to bring some understanding and sing it's praises.

First, the D6700 played the movie Drive perfectly this evening. I have proof.

I think some of the rented disks people may be using could be the problem.

Proof in my theater room pics.

Now, I don't know why other people players are having problems but I know for a fact that other players from different companies have had similar problems.

Let us not forget that these players are bench tested to send all the picture information as good as the reference Oppo players when show Blu-rays which says a lot.

No electronic company makes anything perfect on their assembly lines with out a few under performers.

I will buy Cars 2 in 3D also to prove wether or not something is wrong with the D6700 or it's current software version.

2011/09/30_001006

The only problem I have had is losing the wireless router signal thur this 101 year three layer, two story with basement, brick house in which my iPhone 4 (which I'm typing to you all with) has lost the signal also in the same part of the house. My D6700 is almost sitting on the floor with a Pioneer Elite SC-35 and Panamax M5300-PM Power Conditioner surrounding it with the router downstairs. It no shock there is a connectivity problem every once and a while.

Hope this post is helpful to someone.

post #274 of 366 Old 02-13-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:

Hmmm it was a redbox rental. I have had issues with movies I also own, now I just dont know what to do. I havent had any of these issues on the PS3 which makes me lean towards the 6700 as the problem. The Drive blu ray played in the PS3 but not in the 6700.

You may indeed have a defective D6700. You should try send it in to Samsung.

Went I purchased my D6700 from Best Buy, it was a open box which was more and likely a display. Therefore, I bought their extended warranty.

I hope yours turn out and mine keep working fine.
post #275 of 366 Old 02-13-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:

You may indeed have a defective D6700. You should try send it in to Samsung.

Went I purchased my D6700 from Best Buy, it was a open box which was more and likely a display. Therefore, I bought their extended warranty.

I hope yours turn out and mine keep working fine.

It's not the disk, I have the same issue. I just tried to play "The Debt" and it will play all the previews and then hangs on a black screen and will not show the movies menu. I can play cars 2 about 50% of the time, the other times it hangs on the Disney castle screen. I was going to take the player back but when I called Samsung they said it was a known issue and I needed to wait for new firmware....so lame. So for now I have to use my super slow Samsung 3600, it plays everything once it finally loads the disk. Samsung needs to get their act together this is a joke.
post #276 of 366 Old 02-18-2012, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So my firmware says 9/30_1006 but when I tell it to look on the internet it doesnt find an update. There was an update on 12/1 according to the site but when I put that on USB it still doesnt update. So I guess I am up to date, but lately I have been having to use my ps3 to watch movies (multiple reasons, it gets stuck on a black screen, stutters, or says it cant play this disk). Is this because they still havent updated the firmware!? What version firmware do you guys have in the display in system, i just want to make sure I am totally up to date.

I found the 12/1/2011 update - I will download and see if I can get it to take on my 6700.

Isn't it time someone promoted quality as value?
post #277 of 366 Old 02-20-2012, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldithomaso View Post

I found the 12/1/2011 update - I will download and see if I can get it to take on my 6700.

Any luck?
post #278 of 366 Old 02-25-2012, 04:00 AM

What is the number of the 12/11 firmware?
Thanks.
post #279 of 366 Old 02-26-2012, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Any luck?

I am downloading it today and will try tonight. I totally forgot.

Besides I need to try Puss in Boots in 3D....

Isn't it time someone promoted quality as value?
post #280 of 366 Old 02-26-2012, 04:22 PM

Samsung's site indicates v.1006.2 for the 12/1/11 firmware update. Gotta check which one I have...
post #281 of 366 Old 02-28-2012, 11:57 AM

eldithomaso,

I am having a real problem playing netflix rental disks the last month. Probably because of new copy protect schemes. were you abel to get the firmware upgrade to work and install on your unit? I have several issues and can't get it to work on my unit.

1. I can't believe the update is not available wirelessly
2. The online instructions for the upgrade say the file must be named
"B-FIRBSPWWC" but when the file unzips it is named "B-FIRBSPWWC_" I put both versions on a USB stick and on a disc, but the player can't seem to find them on either media.
3. I had a chat with Samsung technical support and they linked me to a page that indicated the update should be an ".ruf" type file, but that file type doesn't show up in the downloaded software.
4. Samsung has agreed to mail an update disc to me in 5-9 business days.

Please let me know if they upgrade works for you and if you had to do any trickeration to get it to load.

Thanks
post #282 of 366 Old 02-28-2012, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

why on earth don't they just make the firmware update available via the update option in the menu?!?!?
post #283 of 366 Old 03-01-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggen View Post

It's not the disk, I have the same issue. I just tried to play "The Debt" and it will play all the previews and then hangs on a black screen and will not show the movies menu. I can play cars 2 about 50% of the time, the other times it hangs on the Disney castle screen. I was going to take the player back but when I called Samsung they said it was a known issue and I needed to wait for new firmware....so lame. So for now I have to use my super slow Samsung 3600, it plays everything once it finally loads the disk. Samsung needs to get their act together this is a joke.

Well, I picked up Cars 2 on BluRay in 3D, I'm watching it now with out any problems.

I really don't know. I haven't had any new updates. Also, we just got another D6700 hundred for the 1st floor living room from Best Buy which was another open box under $200. We added the warranty just in case again.

I'm starting to worry because there are a few of you having problems with your players. I hope mine keeps playing everything.
LL
LL
post #284 of 366 Old 03-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:

Well, I picked up Cars 2 on BluRay in 3D, I'm watching it now with out any problems.

I really don't know. I haven't had any new updates. Also, we just got another D6700 hundred for the 1st floor living room from Best Buy which was another open box under $200. We added the warranty just in case again.

I'm starting to worry because there are a few of you having problems with your players. I hope mine keeps playing everything.

Mine had a few problems not playing certain discs/freezing up after the previews. I haven't had any problems since I disabled BD-Live in the settings menu. Wish I had done this sooner...

post #285 of 366 Old 03-01-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post

Mine had a few problems not playing certain discs/freezing up after the previews. I haven't had any problems since I disabled BD-Live in the settings menu. Wish I had done this sooner...

Now, that is something to think about. BD wise is not selectable on my D6700. I think it has something to do with the fact my Samsung 59in D7000 has a BD Wise setting that takes over. Maybe the player works better with out the BDWise setting on.

One thing for sure is that the D6700 works great with Samsung TV's. The AnyNet feature allows for a great control and flexibility.
post #286 of 366 Old 03-02-2012, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Now, that is something to think about. BD wise is not selectable on my D6700. I think it has something to do with the fact my Samsung 59in D7000 has a BD Wise setting that takes over. Maybe the player works better with out the BDWise setting on.

One thing for sure is that the D6700 works great with Samsung TV's. The AnyNet feature allows for a great control and flexibility.

i was wondering about this too. i see the bd wise option in my 6700, but it's greyed out.
post #287 of 366 Old 03-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

No, I was talking about BD LIVE, NOT BD Wise! lol
I still have internet on my BD player via Wifi, but I turned BD Live off via the settings menu. I have certain discs that won't even play with BD Live on

Just go into Settings and then go down to Network. Then you'll see an option called "BD-Live Internet Connection" and set that to "Prohibit"

Voila! Should solve a problem with certain discs not playing.

As for BD Wise it is NOT greyed out in my settings menu, but it's just an option for those who have a Samsung bluray player & a Samsung HDTV. I have both, but I always leave this option OFF. I won't get into specifics, but in certain instances, with BD Wise enabled, it can set your player to output a lower than desired resolution. I also leave "Resolution" set to "Auto" and it always outputs the right resolution

post #288 of 366 Old 03-02-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:

No, I was talking about BD LIVE, NOT BD Wise! lol
I still have internet on my BD player via Wifi, but I turned BD Live off via the settings menu. I have certain discs that won't even play with BD Live on

Just go into Settings and then go down to Network. Then you'll see an option called "BD-Live Internet Connection" and set that to "Prohibit"

Voila! Should solve a problem with certain discs not playing.

As for BD Wise it is NOT greyed out in my settings menu, but it's just an option for those who have a Samsung bluray player & a Samsung HDTV. I have both, but I always leave this option OFF. I won't get into specifics, but in certain instances, with BD Wise enabled, it can set your player to output a lower than desired resolution. I also leave "Resolution" set to "Auto" and it always outputs the right resolution

I just tried this with no luck. I mostly only rent new movies so this Blu ray player is worthless for me.

I just tried "I am number four" with BD live off and it still will not play. Has anyone used this Blu ray player to watch this movie?

I don't want to hear about "Cars 2" working as it works on my Blu ray player sometimes also.

Don't buy this roach.
post #289 of 366 Old 03-02-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:

Are you sure you don't work for Samsung?
post #290 of 366 Old 03-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I just tried this with no luck. I mostly only rent new movies so this Blu ray player is worthless for me.

I just tried "I am number four" with BD live off and it still will not play. Has anyone used this Blu ray player to watch this movie?

I don't want to hear about "Cars 2" working as it works on my Blu ray player sometimes also.

Don't buy this roach.

I should have also mentioned that I have the latest firmware update as well

post #291 of 366 Old 03-03-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:

Are you sure you don't work for Samsung?

Sorry, I don't and wished I did.
post #292 of 366 Old 03-04-2012, 04:57 AM

I've had this player for about 4 months now and it's not had any issue playing movies although some of the movies mentioned we've not watched. I've had many Samsung players and others as well and they all have issues. The one thing I've noticed from the beginning with all players is that pulling the plug on the internet seems to get rid of the delay at the begining of a movie and with previous players if I did this the movie would play where it wouldn't previously.

The one issue with this player is that it seems to give off an RF signal and I put a choke on every wire to the player and especially the HDMI.
post #293 of 366 Old 03-04-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:

I should have also mentioned that I have the latest firmware update as well

Under Software Upgrade is this your current version?

2011/09/30_001006

I could not get "Priest" to play. Anyone play that movie?
post #294 of 366 Old 03-04-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjnod View Post

eldithomaso,

I am having a real problem playing netflix rental disks the last month. Probably because of new copy protect schemes. were you abel to get the firmware upgrade to work and install on your unit? I have several issues and can't get it to work on my unit.

1. I can't believe the update is not available wirelessly
2. The online instructions for the upgrade say the file must be named
"B-FIRBSPWWC" but when the file unzips it is named "B-FIRBSPWWC_" I put both versions on a USB stick and on a disc, but the player can't seem to find them on either media.
3. I had a chat with Samsung technical support and they linked me to a page that indicated the update should be an ".ruf" type file, but that file type doesn't show up in the downloaded software.
4. Samsung has agreed to mail an update disc to me in 5-9 business days.

Please let me know if they upgrade works for you and if you had to do any trickeration to get it to load.

Thanks

I tried this also and had the same issue. I renamed the folder to B-FIRBSPWWC and no luck.

Did you ever get an upgrade disk from Samsung?
post #295 of 366 Old 03-04-2012, 11:44 AM

Here is my live chat with Samsung support, good times:

Visitor: my current version under Software Upgrade says 2011/09/30_001006

Shane: It seems the player is updated with latest firmware version.

Shane: It seems the player requires latest firmware
update to play the new Blu-Ray titles on your player. I suggest to wait for the release of latest firmware for the player.
Shane: Please provide the disc titles, studio names of the discs you're trying to play on your player. I will forward this information to Samsung to look into this issue.

Visitor: When will the firmware come out I have been waiting 5 months and I am getting very angry.

Shane: I can understand your situation. I you could provide the titles and studio name of the player, I will forward this chat to our concern department. They will verify this issue and try to implement the latest firmware update to fix the issue.

Visitor: the titles are every single movie released in the last 8 months. When is the new firmware coming out?

Shane: I understand your requirement. As the player is able to all other discs and the issue is with the new Blu-Ray discs, it indicates the player is required to update with the firmware version that enables to play these discs fine.
Shane: However, I can forward this issue to our concerned department if you could provide the disc details.

Shane: I will forward this details to our concerned department. I'm sorry to say that I couldn't provide the exact time frame for the issue.
Shane: However, I suggest you visit the Support section under Samsung website for latest updates for your player.

Visitor: When will the new firmware be released?
Visitor: I want a date

Shane: Thanks for providing details.
Shane: I will forward this details to our concerned department. I'm sorry to say that I couldn't provide the exact time frame for the issue.
Shane: However, I suggest you visit the Support section under Samsung website for latest updates for your player.

Visitor: This is bull ****

Shane: I will include your comments in the issue and I'll mention our chat conversation in order to verify by our technical team.
Shane: I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Visitor: thanks
post #296 of 366 Old 03-04-2012, 11:16 PM

Buggen,

Still waiting for the upgrade disk

to all others, have you successfully installed the december 2011 software upgrade to 1006.2?
post #297 of 366 Old 03-06-2012, 12:43 PM

I have just received my upgrade disk from Samsung. I will try it when I get home tonight but I notice several things.

1. The files on the disc are the exact same names and size as the download from the website.
2. The files are in a folder called "Image" and not in the folder named "B-FIRBSPWWC" as stated in the upgrade guide.
3. There is no .ruf file

I am skeptical this will work but I will report back tomorrow.
post #298 of 366 Old 03-06-2012, 10:32 PM

I received the upgrade disc from samsung and sure enough, it did not work. very frustrating.

users, please post and let us know if you have been able to upgrade to 1006.2
post #299 of 366 Old 03-07-2012, 08:31 AM

Do you guys notice that the unit gets quite hot? Granted, mine sits in a cabinet enclosed on three sides, but w/about 5" of clearance on top & 3" on each side. I'm thinking to add an external fan in the vicinity, but there aren't even any vents on the 6700 to draw air out or in. How do you guys mitigate the heat issue, if it's even an issue at all?
post #300 of 366 Old 03-07-2012, 05:18 PM

Liked: 11
Well,after reading all the posts regarding the bd-d6700,im convinced that my issue with the thing in not uncommon,freezing while streaming netflix or blu ray,screen blinks black every so often while streaming netflix,watching blu ray freezes up here and there,IM NOT HAPPY with this thing! Im kicking myself for getting rid of my Sony BDP-S580 that NEVER gave me issues!
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung , Blu Ray Players , 3d Hdtv , Samsung Refurbished Blu Ray Disc Player Bd C6800 B , Samsung 3d Blu Ray Disc Player Bd D6700
Gear in this thread - C6800 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page