Samsung BD-D7500 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 31 Old 03-30-2011, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Has anyone purchased the new Samsung BD-D7500 3D Blu-Ray player? I am interested in purchasing this, so I was curious to know if there was anyone out there who has one.

I keep reading about this new Samsung Smart TV which includes a full internet browser. I'm interested to know how the browser is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 03-31-2011, 08:01 AM

Liked: 10
I just purchased the Samsung PN51D450, and the Yamaha YSP 2200 so all I need is a blue ray player now. Can any one post a review on the Blue Ray player ? I know last years model had many issues.

Thanks,

Saif
post #3 of 31 Old 03-31-2011, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

I went ahead an ordered the Samsung BD-D7500. I will have it today. I will let you know how it is after I check it out this evening.
post #4 of 31 Old 04-04-2011, 07:40 AM

Has any one used this player.......thinking about buying one.......
post #5 of 31 Old 04-04-2011, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safe7860789 View Post

Has any one used this player.......thinking about buying one.......

I've been using it for about a week now. I haven't had time to post a review on it yet. Just some quick notes about the player:

Blu-Ray discs load up fast. It's way better compared to older Samsung 3D blu-ray players such as the BD-C6900. The Smart Hub is nice. It gives you access to Samsung apps and services such as Netflix, Hulu Plus, Vudu, Blockbuster, Youtube, plus more. I have been watching movies on Netflix without any issues. I've watched one movie on Vudu and it played fine. One thing that I've seen on advertisements and various store websites is that it has Smart TV with a full web browser. That isn't the case. There is no web browser. The full internet browser is only on several of the new 2011 LED models.

It has built in wi-fi. I have my internet connected directly into the player, so I haven't tried using the built in wi-fi.

The blu-ray player looks really nice. It's extremely thin. The circle area lights up with a white light. The light continues to dim from bright to off while it's on. You can turn the light off in the settings. When the player is off, part of the circle on top stays lit.

It comes with a bracket to mount it on a wall. It also comes with a stand to sit the player up. It looks good using the stand. You can also lay the player flat as well.

The BD-D7500 is 50hz compatible. I have the UK An Idiot Abroad blu-ray and it plays fine.

The 2D - 3D feature works ok. I have a 2010 Samsung 3D LED with the same feature and I didn't notice any difference in quality with the tv versus this blu-ray player. I don't really use the feature much anyway though. I did try it out with 127 Hours and parts of the film did look decent using the 2D - 3D conversion.

The remote is basically the same as last years models. No back light. The remote does have a Netflix button. Other then that and the 2D-3D button, it's basically the same.

Overall, I'm very happy with the BD-D7500. The main reason why I wanted to upgrade to this is the disc load up time and it looks awesome.
post #6 of 31 Old 04-04-2011, 06:23 PM

Does anyone know the difference between the D7500 vs D7000 beside the physical design? I am thinking to get one to match with my 2011 Samsung LED.
post #7 of 31 Old 04-05-2011, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granzon View Post
Does anyone know the difference between the D7500 vs D7000 beside the physical design? I am thinking to get one to match with my 2011 Samsung LED.
From everything I've read, the specs are the same except for the design of course.
post #8 of 31 Old 04-11-2011, 03:49 PM

Liked: 12
When I added the Samsung BD-D7500 i rewatched "How To Train A Dragon", the disk sent with the TV with underwater stuff and A film about Mummies and Pyramids and other 3D films. I was completely and painfully aware of where the crosstalk was. To my utter surprise it was gone, I watched over and over under different lighting and with the same default settings my old BD-D6800 Blu-ray had. I never would have guessed in 100 years changing the player would fix crosstalk. Now I can watch a whole Movie or 3D on Comcast and maybe see crosstalk once very subtly and believe me I look for it all the time because I was upset about it. i was shocked they could sell something like my $3000 un55c8000 Samsung TV with a flaw like this. But, I have to adamantly state this is no longer the case. I am very satisfied by my equipments 3D performance.
post #9 of 31 Old 04-11-2011, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I had the C7500 but had problems with it (it wouldn't play CDs or standard DVDs) and traded it in for the D6700. , I know the C7500 loads from the side and not the front. (The whole top of the player slides to the left, leaving the laser exposed, and also making it unusable in an equipment rack). Don't know if the same is true of the D7500.

post #10 of 31 Old 04-11-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post
I had the C7500 but had problems with it (it wouldn't play CDs or standard DVDs) and traded it in for the D6700. , I know the C7500 loads from the side and not the front. (The whole top of the player slides to the left, leaving the laser exposed, and also making it unusable in an equipment rack). Don't know if the same is true of the D7500.
The BD-D7500 you insert the disk from the side. The whole top is closed.
post #11 of 31 Old 04-11-2011, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robut View Post
The BD-D7500 you insert the disk from the side. The whole top is closed.
Well, that's an improvement...having the whole top of the player move made me think it would be the first thing that might conk out! Of course, side-loading is still an issue in a rack...but then, I know this player is meant to be mounted somewhere.

post #12 of 31 Old 04-15-2011, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm getting this today based on the user reviews of solving crosstalk issues with the C8000 televisions. Can't wait to see if it works as advertised!
post #13 of 31 Old 04-15-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach View Post

I'm getting this today based on the user reviews of solving crosstalk issues with the C8000 televisions. Can't wait to see if it works as advertised!

I sincerely hope it works out for you like it did me. If it doesn't I'll feel guilty.
post #14 of 31 Old 04-18-2011, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robut View Post

I sincerely hope it works out for you like it did me. If it doesn't I'll feel guilty.

No reason to feel guilty as this thing works!!! Never could I have imagined that a player would clear up the crosstalk issue. A revelation!
post #15 of 31 Old 04-18-2011, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach View Post

No reason to feel guilty as this thing works!!! Never could I have imagined that a player would clear up the crosstalk issue. A revelation!

That's great to hear it works for you as well. I would have never imagined a blu-ray player would fix the crosstalk issue.
post #16 of 31 Old 04-19-2011, 11:39 AM

Does this one has the possibility to play AVi or MKV or Xvid or whatever files that are stored on a USB?First choice was a Panny 310 but it seems that one does not play those files straight from USB.And it is possible to load seperate subtitle files,most movies i have on pc are english with a seperate subttile file.On pc usually VLC automatically finds the subtitle file and loads it,will this work on this player too?
post #17 of 31 Old 04-19-2011, 02:12 PM

Hi,

I actually have the BD-c7500 and use it in my bedroom. It was last year's version without 3D support. I noticed that it has had a significant external redesign. I bought it at a steep discount. It is quite slim at about an inch thick. I find it to be a speedy blu ray player. However, there are a few issues. The loading mechanism is flimsy and the motor is underpowered. Loading discs is not a confidence inspiring procedure. The top cover moves and you place the disc inside the machine. The player is a tad noisy while spinning discs as well.

I have had quite a bit of difficulty with the streaming software. The Samsung software does not support Windows 7. Third party DLNA software works occasionally but not consistently. I find that it disconnects from my wifi network EVERY time you turn it off. This means whenever I want to stream videos/netflix, I have to reenter my secure password. A firmware update made the streaming actually functional but did not correct the wifi issue.

The only other issue I have with it is the touch sesnitive buttons. As I stated before, the player is noisy. It attracts my cat who invariably manages to eject the disc or stop playback. This issue is probably isolated to me.

Anyhow, I would be curious to hear whether this new 3D capable version is much improved with regard to the above.

Thanks
post #18 of 31 Old 04-19-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXscreen View Post

Hi,

I actually have the BD-c7500 and use it in my bedroom. It was last year's version without 3D support. I noticed that it has had a significant external redesign. I bought it at a steep discount. It is quite slim at about an inch thick. I find it to be a speedy blu ray player. However, there are a few issues. The loading mechanism is flimsy and the motor is underpowered. Loading discs is not a confidence inspiring procedure. The top cover moves and you place the disc inside the machine. The player is a tad noisy while spinning discs as well.

I have had quite a bit of difficulty with the streaming software. The Samsung software does not support Windows 7. Third party DLNA software works occasionally but not consistently. I find that it disconnects from my wifi network EVERY time you turn it off. This means whenever I want to stream videos/netflix, I have to reenter my secure password. A firmware update made the streaming actually functional but did not correct the wifi issue.

The only other issue I have with it is the touch sesnitive buttons. As I stated before, the player is noisy. It attracts my cat who invariably manages to eject the disc or stop playback. This issue is probably isolated to me.

Anyhow, I would be curious to hear whether this new 3D capable version is much improved with regard to the above.

Thanks

It's definitely a big improvement. The disc loads by sliding the disc into a slot in the side, there is no drawer or sliding top. The disc inserts easily, the machine runs silently. I have two cats. They both get alert at the sound when I eject the disk, but when it's running there's little or no sound to attract them. this mechanism is the same on all 2011 models. If you have now or plan to get a 3D TV it's a good chance this machine may fix crosstalk almost completely.
post #19 of 31 Old 04-20-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma1970 View Post

Does this one has the possibility to play AVi or MKV or Xvid or whatever files that are stored on a USB?First choice was a Panny 310 but it seems that one does not play those files straight from USB.And it is possible to load seperate subtitle files,most movies i have on pc are english with a seperate subttile file.On pc usually VLC automatically finds the subtitle file and loads it,will this work on this player too?

Bump for urgency
post #20 of 31 Old 04-21-2011, 07:59 AM

Akuma,

I don't know about the new model, but I found last year's Samsung quite limited in its streaming capability. I believe I was able to stream mp4 files successfully. I recall not successfully streaming mkv files. There are no options for streaming subtitles. I believe you would probably need pc for that function.
post #21 of 31 Old 05-25-2011, 09:42 PM

I've had this thing in my Amazon cart since the day it hit amazon, but haven't bought it yet because i watched a CES 2011 CNET video a few days after it was announced at CES, and the salesman or whoever was doing the video added a little "blurb" at the end of his pitch saying it would also be available in an all black. Well - every website I check to purchase it shows only the silver version. From what I can tell, it has not yet been produced in the all black color. Does anyone out there know if the black will ever be available, or has production of this color been cancelled, or maybe a European version? Just thinking out loud...
post #22 of 31 Old 07-03-2011, 12:18 PM

Hi, I've seen lots of posts on the Amerzon.co.uk website from people he have had one, many report problems with playback. Well I decided to ignore them and give it a go for myself. All I can say is I cleaned out the supply at my local curry's, first one would not take a discs at all the load felt twisted, it worked when I pushed it a little more firm than I would have liked but then I had trouble getting the disc back out, so I took it back and replaced it with the last one on the shelf apart from the display model. Well another trip home and I also found the no playback of discs problem. Any BR or DVD would just spin for a while and then report that the format of the disc was incorrect (both discs play fine on all my players). I took it back to the shop and they tested it, yup they found the same, would not play any discs (not good for a disc player). In a last hope I got them to test the display model, again same fault, would not play any discs. When they looked to order me one in the warehouse was out of stock and they could not order anymore, same online everybody out of stock. I guess they are all waiting for REV2.0 to come out one that works.

Now apart from the poor build quality above the unit itself is very sexy, on the wall or the stand it looks the dog's, very small and slim, very Apple in design, would not put in flat in a shelf mind, the disc goes in on the right so would be a pain, so if you can stick it on top or on the left of a wall then you will be ok.

The smarthub is much better that last years effort, you can forward and rewind in a fashion, so great to see that got fixed. It played all my avi files perfect, the menu and layout is much better.

So all I need now is the new batch and I'll try agin, fingers crossed.
post #23 of 31 Old 07-13-2011, 12:39 PM

I purchased this player in May of 2011. The design was perfect for the master bedroom. Netflix streaming worked fairly well, although certain shows seem to "blank out" for 1/2 second every now and then. This doesn't happen with my other Samsung Blu-ray player. Also, if trying to play a standard DVD, I get a message "Cannot read this disc. Try the following:
- Ensure the playback side is not damaged (which its not) and wipe the disc with a soft cloth.
- Refer to the user manual to check supported disc formats."

If you only want to play blu-ray discs then this is the player for you. If you want a play to do everything that the manufacturer advertises it can do, this ain't the one for you.

I'll be trying to take mine back or getting a new one from Samsung.
post #24 of 31 Old 07-17-2011, 04:09 PM

Would this BD-D7500 work with my Samsung 9000 series.THANKS
post #25 of 31 Old 07-28-2011, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdstill View Post

I've had this thing in my Amazon cart since the day it hit amazon, but haven't bought it yet because i watched a CES 2011 CNET video a few days after it was announced at CES, and the salesman or whoever was doing the video added a little "blurb" at the end of his pitch saying it would also be available in an all black. Well - every website I check to purchase it shows only the silver version. From what I can tell, it has not yet been produced in the all black color. Does anyone out there know if the black will ever be available, or has production of this color been cancelled, or maybe a European version? Just thinking out loud...

check for bd-c7500
post #26 of 31 Old 08-05-2011, 11:40 AM

Anyone seen this sort of thing before? It's like clearly defined bars/blocks of noise. It only shows up in dark (but not black) scenes.

Enhanced:

I see this problem when playing files on a USB hard drive connected to my Samsung BD-D7500 Blu-Ray player. If I play the files from the USB port on my TV (Samsung PN59D8000), this problem is not present.

I have tried swapping HDMI cables. I have tried bypassing my receiver and just plugging the Blu-Ray player directly into the TV.

Not sure if this is true 100% of the time, BUT...
Files encoded in MPEG-4 (XVID) don't seem to show this.
Files encoded in H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part10) (avc1) show this noise to varying degrees.
post #27 of 31 Old 11-30-2011, 01:19 PM

Hi! Can you tell me if the BD-D7500 plays Blu Ray movies from the external HDD?
Thanks.
post #28 of 31 Old 11-30-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetreZ View Post

Hi! Can you tell me if the BD-D7500 plays Blu Ray movies from the external HDD?
Thanks.

Yes it does, but quality is questionable. See my earlier posts with pics of what I mean.
post #29 of 31 Old 12-02-2011, 04:20 AM

Hi Automaton111!
Thanks for your answer but I would to know if it plays blu ray format files from the externad HDD. You know, the BDMV directories from the blu ray disks.
post #30 of 31 Old 12-06-2011, 06:01 AM

Thinking about buying this unit, but what's up with all the Amazon reviews claiming the units to be defective after a few months?

Is anyone having similar problems here?
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung Bd D7500 3d Blu Ray Disc Player Silver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page