Pioneer Blu-ray players 2011 - BDP-140/BDP-440/BDP-LX55/BDP-53FD - Page 32 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #931 of 1852 Old 11-17-2011, 06:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just ordered mine, delivery early next week. Can't wait!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 1852 Old 11-17-2011, 06:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 90
"Surprise-in "pure direct" the subwoofer works in SACD. It does not work in stereo CD"

ask the reviewer if the sacd has a .1 channel encoded, as this would be the only way he'd be getting anything from the sub in "pure direct" mode...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #933 of 1852 Old 11-17-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

"Surprise-in "pure direct" the subwoofer works in SACD. It does not work in stereo CD"

They already asked him, waiting for a reply

P.S. Tonight he should also post some pictures
post #934 of 1852 Old 11-17-2011, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

ask the reviewer if the sacd has a .1 channel encoded, as this would be the only way he'd be getting anything from the sub in "pure direct" mode...

I'll ask the reviewer and keep you updated
stay tuned
post #935 of 1852 Old 11-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

to ccotenj, the reviewer confirm the LFE canal on the SACD "Sacre de Igor Stravinsky"
post #936 of 1852 Old 11-17-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realzven View Post

... the reviewer confirm the LFE canal on the SACD "Sacre de Igor Stravinsky"

In the "stereo" layer or in the "multichannel" layer or in both?
post #937 of 1852 Old 11-17-2011, 08:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^

cool, thanks for following up...

it shouldn't be surprising to him then that he got something from the sub channel... nor should it be surprising that he didn't get anything from a cd...

that translates into: the "reviewer" should likely have noted that in his initial review, as what he observed isn't "surprising" at all (it would be "surprising" if it worked otherwise)... actually, he shouldn't have even noted it at all, as it could mislead people into thinking incorrectly...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

post #938 of 1852 Old 11-17-2011, 08:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drSeehas View Post

In the "stereo" layer or in the "multichannel" layer or in both?

by definition, there is no .1 channel in the stereo layer of a sacd... which is why i raised the question, re "pure direct and .1 channel"...

the reviewer should strike the entire comment from his review, to be honest...

- chris

post #939 of 1852 Old 11-17-2011, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMan34 View Post

I thought Chris Walker already cleared the whole USB thing. He said that the players will not only accept the Pioneer one but also any wireless bridge device.

Typically, "wireless bridge" refers to a wireless device that connects via Ethernet, rather than USB.

Chris, could you please clarify?

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #940 of 1852 Old 11-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

Typically, "wireless bridge" refers to a wireless device that connects via Ethernet, rather than USB.

Chris, could you please clarify?

yes, i think it was pretty clear from Chris and from testing, that you need a wireless bridge and the only way to talk to the sc-55/57 on a network is through its ethernet port

unlike previous blue ray players which could use a USB wifi adaptor like the AS-WL200

the reason the AS-WL300 connects to the ethernet and USB is that the USB supplies power.

page 23

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...ions102811.pdf

there was some very slim hope that a USB dongle might work, even though Chris said it wouldn't, since the meditek 8555 chip set claims to have support for WLAN support thru usb- although that feature would have to be enabled and would require some degree of software support i imagine

http://www.mediatek.com/en/Contacts/...ID%3A11&q=8555
post #941 of 1852 Old 11-17-2011, 01:02 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by purdyd View Post

yes, i think it was pretty clear from Chris and from testing, that you need a wireless bridge and the only way to talk to the sc-55/57 on a network is through its ethernet port

unlike previous blue ray players which could use a USB wifi adaptor like the AS-WL200

the reason the AS-WL300 connects to the ethernet and USB is that the USB supplies power.

page 23

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...ions102811.pdf

there was some very slim hope that a USB dongle might work, even though Chris said it wouldn't, since the meditek 8555 chip set claims to have support for ethernet - although that feature would have to be enabled and would require some degree of software support

true...
so what`s the cheapest option that will work?
post #942 of 1852 Old 11-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post

true...
so what`s the cheapest option that will work?

a roll of cat 5 ethernet cable and two RJ45 connectors
post #943 of 1852 Old 11-17-2011, 02:01 PM

Confirmed for LX55 in a german forum:
No track/chapter numbers in player display
2nd HDMI Out audio only
http://www.hifi-forum.de/index.php?a...stID=1209#1209
post #944 of 1852 Old 11-17-2011, 02:04 PM

I've been using one of those power outlet ethernet devices. So I have a powerline plugged into the wall and ethernet to my hub where I have about 5 a/v devices plugged in. Another powerline adapter in my server room with ethernet to my router. Works really well, my wifi has been very flaky, so I prefer ethernet and this option meant I didn't have to run rj45 jacks through the walls.
post #945 of 1852 Old 11-17-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:

a roll of cat 5 ethernet cable and two RJ45 connectors

I see...
I meant what`s the cheapest option besides employing ethernet cable connected to the same router in which is plugged another ethernet cable from my VSX-1120...this combination is a reason of the AVR dropouts...
I want to have the player online until the AVR dropouts are fixed (if ever)
but I don`t want to pay 100 EUR for some wirelless bridge...the player cost 214 EUR itself...
my USB wifi dongle didn`t work...
post #946 of 1852 Old 11-17-2011, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I just installed my BDP-53FD. The BDP-53FD adds two HDMI outputs for separate video and audio with Pure Audio mode, Marvell video processing which eliminates 480i mode, DTS downmix, an extra blue light, and a heavier base. SACD can be output as DSD bitstream or PCM at 88.2 KHz. You need to aim the remote precisely in order for it to work correctly. The disc mechanism might be a little quieter than the BDP-52FD. In case you're wondering, I am keeping the BDP-53FD because of the MediaTek MT8555, Pioneer's PQLS, and the Marvell video processing. Who knows what might get added as new firmware updates are released. Even if nothing gets added, I'm happy with the combination of the MT8555, PQLS, and Marvell.
post #947 of 1852 Old 11-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I see...
I meant what`s the cheapest option besides employing ethernet cable connected to the same router in which is plugged another ethernet cable from my VSX-1120...this combination is a reason of the AVR dropouts......

we don't know what message is coming out of the the BDP-440 that makes the VSX-1120

if it is an ethernet message than simply going to a wireless bridge will NOT help you out as that message will still get to the VSX-1120

the only thing I can think of is that you would need to put one or the other behind a router and disable UPnP forwarding - and that assumes it is a UPnP message that is causing the problem

however, doing that will create issues if you want both player and receiver to see the same DLNA server

however, what i would want to do first is put the VSX-1120 and BDP-440 on an ethernet hub with nothing else and capture all the traffic with an ethernet packet sniffer up until the VSX-1120 recycled

in summary, i don't think the wireless bridge is the answer to your problem

it is either going to be Pioneer issuing a fix or for you to take it upon yourself and find out what the offending message is and probably getting a router to keep it from getting to the VSX-1120

David
post #948 of 1852 Old 11-17-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post

I just installed my BDP-53FD. The BDP-53FD adds two HDMI outputs for separate video and audio with Pure Audio mode, Marvell video processing which eliminates 480i mode, DTS downmix, an extra blue light, and a heavier base. SACD can be output as DSD bitstream or PCM at 88.2 KHz. You need to aim the remote precisely in order for it to work correctly. The disc mechanism might be a little quieter than the BDP-52FD. In case you're wondering, I am keeping the BDP-53FD because of the MediaTek MT8555, Pioneer's PQLS, and the Marvell video processing. Who knows what might get added as new firmware updates are released. Even if nothing gets added, I'm happy with the combination of the MT8555, PQLS, and Marvell.

damn remote sensor...unbelievable

Quote:

we don't know what message is coming out of the the BDP-440 that makes the VSX-1120

if it is an ethernet message than simply going to a wireless bridge will NOT help you out as that message will still get to the VSX-1120

the only thing I can think of is that you would need to put one or the other behind a router and disable UPnP forwarding - and that assumes it is a UPnP message that is causing the problem

however, doing that will create issues if you want both player and receiver to see the same DLNA server

however, what i would want to do first is put the VSX-1120 and BDP-440 on an ethernet hub with nothing else and capture all the traffic with an ethernet packet sniffer up until the VSX-1120 recycled

in summary, i don't think the wireless bridge is the answer to your problem

it is either going to be Pioneer issuing a fix or for you to take it upon yourself and find out what the offending message is and probably getting a router to keep it from getting to the VSX-1120

David

Thanks a lot for explanation...my brother in law who is a programmer and could certainly help me with what you said lives in Prague and doesn`t come over much often...I guess I`ll wait a little bit for Chris Walker`s response (who hopefully will be able to say something essential on this issue) or I`ll be forced to get the right equipment and troubleshoot it myself
I was almost decided to pass over for Denon AVR 2312 (very good price) + DBP1611, as users in another thread confirmed playback of what I need but I refuse to pay twice the BDP-440s price...though I can`t see any special difference on these players...
post #949 of 1852 Old 11-17-2011, 08:17 PM

Just got my 53FD tonight. Everything seems to be fine except the network connection. It can acquire the IP address via DHCP but the intetnet connection test failed. I can ping the unit with anoter computer that is on the same subnet. But the unit cannot goto the internet. I have checked the information page. It seems the IP address/getway/DNS server are all fine. More over the unit will hang after a while. It will not respond to any command on the remote. Pressing the keys on the front panel does not work either. I have to power cycle the unit by unplugging it.

If I do not plug it into the network, everything seems to be fine. Play out bluray/CD/SACD are all working fine.

I am very frustrated. Anybody have tested the 53FD network functionality?

I have checked there is no firmware update yet.
post #950 of 1852 Old 11-17-2011, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unidisk View Post

Just got my 53FD tonight. Everything seems to be fine ...

You get track/chapter numbers in the player display?
post #951 of 1852 Old 11-18-2011, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unidisk View Post

Just got my 53FD tonight. Everything seems to be fine except the network connection. It can acquire the IP address via DHCP but the intetnet connection test failed. I can ping the unit with anoter computer that is on the same subnet. But the unit cannot goto the internet. I have checked the information page. It seems the IP address/getway/DNS server are all fine. More over the unit will hang after a while. It will not respond to any command on the remote. Pressing the keys on the front panel does not work either. I have to power cycle the unit by unplugging it.

If I do not plug it into the network, everything seems to be fine. Play out bluray/CD/SACD are all working fine.

I am very frustrated. Anybody have tested the 53FD network functionality?

I have checked there is no firmware update yet.

Oops...looks like our LAN issue is bigger than we thought
Pioneer got serious work to do unless they want customers to completely boycott their products...
post #952 of 1852 Old 11-18-2011, 02:00 AM

Quote:

Oops...looks like our LAN issue is bigger than we thought
Pioneer got serious work to do unless they want customers to completely boycott their products...

have you disconnecting the player from the mains socket and plugging it back in an than tried again?

This type of problem used to happen with my Denon 4010ud everytime i tried updating the firmware. I only connected it to the internet when firmware was available.
post #953 of 1852 Old 11-18-2011, 04:48 AM

I still fighting with the network issue with unit. Spent the whole night trying to find out why my the unit freezes from time to time. It turns out that my local network traffic will crash the box. Now I need to find out what type of the traffic actually causes it. I have to disconnect my network device one by one to see.
post #954 of 1852 Old 11-18-2011, 07:37 AM
Advanced Member

some photos of the LX55 from a french poster (thanks to antislash )

unboxing....

installation

post #955 of 1852 Old 11-18-2011, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member

the Menu

menu "custom" :

menu "Function" :

SACD :
post #956 of 1852 Old 11-18-2011, 08:51 AM

hi guys!
does the LX55 play 1080p MKv ?does it read from an external HDD?
thanks in advance
post #957 of 1852 Old 11-18-2011, 12:42 PM

Menu overlay is identical with the BDP-440 except for the advanced Video adjust options.
it`s nice to see availability of adjusting video parameter while on playback..I do hope they bring it for BDP-440, too
and yes, both 1080p MKV and ext. HDD are playable on my BDP-440 (NTFS, no exFAT)...I`m guessing BDP-LX55/53FD must be the same...
post #958 of 1852 Old 11-18-2011, 03:38 PM

thanks
post #959 of 1852 Old 11-19-2011, 03:42 AM

Another good thing, it plays ripped SACD (copies) with no problem.I burn about 20 SACD they all play fine. My friend have Marantz universal player, his player couldn't recognize this disks.
post #960 of 1852 Old 11-19-2011, 06:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofreak64 View Post

Another good thing, it plays ripped SACD (copies) with no problem.I burn about 20 SACD they all play fine. My friend have Marantz universal player, his player couldn't recognize this disks.

Sacd Iso image on a hard disk? Bdp -440?

Ok I see you said "burned" so I presume on a cd
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Bdp 140 Blu Ray Disc Player Black , Lg 55lx9500 55 1080p 480hz 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg , Blu Ray Players , Pioneer Blu Ray Player Bdp 140
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page