Pioneer Blu-ray players 2011 - BDP-140/BDP-440/BDP-LX55/BDP-53FD - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #991 of 1839 Old 11-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Member
 
emidalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenshprince View Post

Is there an email adress where I could send my repport to Pioneer engineers ? Thanks

Since he should be in Japan, I hope he's reading the forum along with his Japanese colleagues, in order to quickly fix all these problems
emidalla is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #992 of 1839 Old 11-24-2011, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bakerwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Peach State
Posts: 2,806
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenshprince View Post

Hi Chris,

I've just bought the BDP-LX55, and have noticed a lot of Bug/issues.
Is there an email adress where I could send my repport to Pioneer engineers ?

Thanks

What bug/issues have you observed? Maybe some fellow owners can assist you.

Pioneer Elite PRO-151FD

Zektor MAS7.1

Classé CA-2200/CA-5200

Oppo BDP-105, Denon DVD-5910CI, Cambridge 752BD, Cambridge 640C V2

Paradigm Signature S8, Paradigm Signature ADP1

Paradigm Signature ADP3, Paradigm Signature C5

REL R-505 Sub (2)

Oppo BDP-93, BDP-103D, Pioneer BDP-320

Sony BDP-S790

bakerwi is offline  
post #993 of 1839 Old 11-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Advanced Member
 
purdyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: California
Posts: 708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenshprince View Post


The supply (Identical on both Pioneers )



----------------------------

Why are you mad?
purdyd is offline  
post #994 of 1839 Old 11-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Member
 
Frenshprince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by purdyd View Post

Why are you mad?

I was hopping a better one for the LX55
Frenshprince is offline  
post #995 of 1839 Old 11-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Member
 
Frenshprince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerwi View Post

What bug/issues have you observed? Maybe some fellow owners can assist you.

It's quite long.
But I'll post a sumarize tomorrow
Frenshprince is offline  
post #996 of 1839 Old 11-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
purdyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: California
Posts: 708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenshprince View Post


I was hopping a better one for the LX55

What's wrong with the one they use?
purdyd is offline  
post #997 of 1839 Old 11-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Newbie
 
GelLeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought my BDP-55LX last week. My AV receiver is a VSX-1021. My TV a 5090H all Pioneer.
Connected one HDMI from the 55 to the 5090, and one HDMI to the 1021. Video looks better with separate HDMI's. Planet Earth looks great with stable picture. SACD en CD sound fine. Piano, Beethoven, Bach sounds great ( KEF Q7 ). So still quite happy.
Manual not user friendly at all, to complicated. Setting up PQSL beween 1021 and 55 works for 58 seconds. Had three "blue" screens with different CD's. Time switching on TV screen works, and is shown on 55, but switches back after closing TV screen. The display on the 55 only can show the elapsed time from the current playing CD track. I like to see the track number.
MKV from USB stick run fine. From a HDD the 55 "runs" ts file recorded with detail setting on 4, taped Ruby from Worldcup looks very very good.
DNLA cumbersome runs avi,a but not mov or MKV on IMac
Again: manual lacks details on best possible setting, to much text between the lines, written by technicians, translators not to much attention for the home alone users.

For this my first impressions: the BDP 55LX seems a solid machine beeing a little great computer which still needs some software updates especially towards Apple computers and DNLA or HDD Apple compatibility. With my iPad and iPhone I can control the 1021 and the 55 though for the 55 the iPad control could be more extensive for the long list of parameters so you don't need to switch on your TV.

I'am Dutch so I hope this is readable. Greetings.
GelLeo is offline  
post #998 of 1839 Old 11-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Member
 
frantic77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
how is it soundwise?is the Oppo worth the extra cash?
thanks in advance
frantic77 is offline  
post #999 of 1839 Old 11-24-2011, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United States
Posts: 1,300
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Remember Hkan from http://www.pioneerfaq.info ? If you send a Paypal donation to support@pioneerfaq.info , you can get service manuals. I got a service manual for the BDP-140. I knew the interface would be the same for the BDP-53FD. So I went into the service mode. As far as multi-region is concerned, the only thing I found that might have something to do with that would be the barcode option. I have a feeling that you'd have to scan in a barcode and that might determine the region of the player. I hope there is an easier way to make these players multi-region. If not, then we must get into DVD and Blu-ray disc ripping and make multi-region copies ourselves, which would be very time consuming! By the way, if you decide to experament with service mode, be careful! For a few minutes there, I had the player loading DVDs just fine, but couldn't get it to load Blu-ray discs again until I turned it off. I think what I did was interupt one of the automatic procedures before it was finished. But it's perfectly alright now. I just want to warn you that if curiocity should take over and you absolutely feel a craving to play with service mode, please be careful! I already did it and as far as I can tell, except for the barcode option, there is nothing that will address any of our issues--multi-region, DSD-to-PCM, the remote sensor, the dropouts, or otherwize.
Big C is online now  
post #1000 of 1839 Old 11-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Sebaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
My Sony Blu-ray player got an update that makes movies look poorly encoded but eventually I realized that it's the player's fault, so I was thinking about getting the Pioneer BDP-140, but the first post in this thread says Pioneer merged with Sharp and that makes me weary of Pioneer right now, because every Sharp product I've ever seen was a piece of junk. An old camcorder from the 90s, but more recently I remember seeing Sharp LCD TV sets and they looked absolutely terrible, like the people's faces were ran through some artistic filter in Photoshop, when most of the TV sets around them looked fine. Sharp to me is one of those brands I always avoid, like Philips or Magnavox.

On the other hand, my receiver is a Pioneer VSX-1020 and I love it, and Pioneer seems to be the only other brand of BD players that have a subtitle button directly accessible and not buried in menus like most, and that is something I really need.

So what is the general opinion on the BDP-140 so far?

Sebastian
Sebaz is offline  
post #1001 of 1839 Old 11-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Senior Member
 
jleholeho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bratislava, SVK, EU
Posts: 269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I got into a discussion with one guy from UK on eBay who sells modified BDP-140s for both BD and DVD multiregion...As I`d only need DVD MR capability on BDP-440, he advised me to try this remote
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330639212674...84.m1439.l2649
I did, the player refused to do so, no reg. 1 capability
I then got back to him and he said "he`ll ask Pioneer" if there is some regular firmware necessary prior to making the players DVD MR, otherwise the remote should work...
the guy is registered as a business seller with 100% feedback...


regarding the BDP-140:
I don`t think these new players are the Sharp merger anymore
jleholeho is offline  
post #1002 of 1839 Old 11-25-2011, 03:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United States
Posts: 1,300
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post

I got into a discussion with one guy from UK on eBay who sells modified BDP-140s for both BD and DVD multiregion...As I`d only need DVD MR capability on BDP-440, he advised me to try this remote
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330639212674...84.m1439.l2649
I did, the player refused to do so, no reg. 1 capability
I then got back to him and he said "he`ll ask Pioneer" if there is some regular firmware necessary prior to making the players DVD MR, otherwise the remote should work...
the guy is registered as a business seller with 100% feedback...


regarding the BDP-140:
I don`t think these new players are the Sharp merger anymore

If you look through this thread back around August through September, someone stated that they found a BDP-140, BDP-440, and BDP-52 UL listed for a company called TCL. I did some digging and I discovered that TCL is the company named Thomson. I've heard of their DVD players before. Want more proof? When searching for these players on the Pioneer parts site, the letters TL are after every part number. Yet you look at the firmware files, they are somewhat of a reminder of the structure of Pioneer's older BD players with the DLDISCIDENTIFIER.TXT file, as well as the two BIN files used for other MediaTek BD players. I'm not saying that walkamo mislead us when he said that these were Pioneer players. I'm just posting my findings.
Big C is online now  
post #1003 of 1839 Old 11-25-2011, 04:29 AM
Senior Member
 
jleholeho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bratislava, SVK, EU
Posts: 269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post

If you look through this thread back around August through September, someone stated that they found a BDP-140, BDP-440, and BDP-52 UL listed for a company called TCL. I did some digging and I discovered that TCL is the company named Thomson. I've heard of their DVD players before. Want more proof? When searching for these players on the Pioneer parts site, the letters TL are after every part number. Yet you look at the firmware files, they are somewhat of a reminder of the structure of Pioneer's older BD players with the DLDISCIDENTIFIER.TXT file, as well as the two BIN files used for other MediaTek BD players. I'm not saying that walkamo mislead us when he said that these were Pioneer players. I'm just posting my findings.

Well, to be honest and as I said before:
I would never hesitate to jump over to let´s say Denon, which products are superior to Pioneer in my opinion, but the enormous price tags (compared to Pioneer) restrict me from doing it...yet
I´m fully aware that we might have been misled or we may be deceived by Pioneer in the future again, in terms of bug-fixing delays, relevant or helpful responses from them, etc...
Pioneer is definitely not what they used to be before...that´s for sure
I´m definitely eager to see their solution for in my opinion 2 essential bugs:

-dropouts, that´s just a nonsense to tolerate any more (Why did they put DLNA in the player if customer simply can´t use it due to this? And if they are aware about it, they should be spending day and night to fix it online ASAP...we´re talking about money-making here, aren´t we?)
-remote sensor...don´t get me wrong but the BDP-440 has the weakest remote responsiveness I´ve seen in years...it´s just a disaster, just like yesterday when I was literally forced to hold the remote in one totally direct angle towards the player...once I moved 2 cm = less than 1 inch, the player just WON´T respond...I´m really sick of it
moreover, fellas with BDP-LX55 confirmed the same thing with their players...
this is just insane as we´re talking about 300+ USD 2011 bluray players...my girlfriend has basic Samsung crap for 80 EUR and she can literally point it to any wall in the room from within 7 metres and it just WORKS...
jleholeho is offline  
post #1004 of 1839 Old 11-25-2011, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United States
Posts: 1,300
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post

Well, to be honest and as I said before:
I would never hesitate to jump over to let´s say Denon, which products are superior to Pioneer in my opinion, but the enormous price tags (compared to Pioneer) restrict me from doing it...yet
I´m fully aware that we might have been misled or we may be deceived by Pioneer in the future again, in terms of bug-fixing delays, relevant or helpful responses from them, etc...
Pioneer is definitely not what they used to be before...that´s for sure
I´m definitely eager to see their solution for in my opinion 2 essential bugs:

-dropouts, that´s just a nonsense to tolerate any more (Why did they put DLNA in the player if customer simply can´t use it due to this? And if they are aware about it, they should be spending day and night to fix it online ASAP...we´re talking about money-making here, aren´t we?)
-remote sensor...don´t get me wrong but the BDP-440 has the weakest remote responsiveness I´ve seen in years...it´s just a disaster, just like yesterday when I was literally forced to hold the remote in one totally direct angle towards the player...once I moved 2 cm = less than 1 inch, the player just WON´T respond...I´m really sick of it
moreover, fellas with BDP-LX55 confirmed the same thing with their players...
this is just insane as we´re talking about 300+ USD 2011 bluray players...my girlfriend has basic Samsung crap for 80 EUR and she can literally point it to any wall in the room from within 7 metres and it just WORKS...

My problems with Marantz and Denon is the fact that their affordable receivers cannot accept DSD bitstreams, as well as their players convert DSD to 44.1 KHz PCM. Onkyo has good receivers, but if you believe in jitter reduction settings, then that rules them out. So once again, this leads me back to Pioneer, no questions asked! Earlier this year, I wrote letters to Sharp, Pioneer of Japan, and walkamo, saying that I would like to see MediaTek Blu-ray players based on the platform of the Pioneer DV-48AV, DV-58AV, and DV-400V, with the latest version of the MediaTek chipset, adding 3D Blu-ray, wide media compatibility, and streaming. It seems as though someone was listening to me with the making of Pioneer's 2011 Blu-ray players. I still think Pioneer has huge audio/video quality for an affordable price. I guess things are going to be a little bit rough for them now that they closed down their inhouse optical disc manufacturing plant. If they can't reopen their plant ever again, all they'd have to do is find somebody good to make their players for them while adding the Pioneer exclusives to them.
Big C is online now  
post #1005 of 1839 Old 11-25-2011, 05:25 AM
Senior Member
 
drSeehas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 384
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post

My problems with Marantz and Denon is the fact that ... their players convert DSD to 44.1 KHz PCM ...

This is not true for the Denon DBP-1611UD and DBP-2012UD!
I have a Denon DBP-1611UD myself and it converts DSD to 88.2 kHz PCM as the Pioneers do.
drSeehas is offline  
post #1006 of 1839 Old 11-25-2011, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
b curry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: on the way to Hell, Michigan USA
Posts: 2,631
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post

If you look through this thread back around August through September, someone stated that they found a BDP-140, BDP-440, and BDP-52 UL listed for a company called TCL. I did some digging and I discovered that TCL is the company named Thomson. I've heard of their DVD players before. Want more proof? When searching for these players on the Pioneer parts site, the letters TL are after every part number. Yet you look at the firmware files, they are somewhat of a reminder of the structure of Pioneer's older BD players with the DLDISCIDENTIFIER.TXT file, as well as the two BIN files used for other MediaTek BD players. I'm not saying that walkamo mislead us when he said that these were Pioneer players. I'm just posting my findings.

Not exactly.

TCL is a Chinese, state owned, OEM consumer electronics manufacturer. Thomson SA, a French company, had a joint venture with TCL where TCL was the majority partner. The joint venture had TCL manufacturing TV's that sold under the RCA, Thomson, and TCL brand names. Samsung outsources to TCL for some of its TV's. It's possible that Pioneer/Sharp has some work done with TCL but TCL does not list Blu-ray/DVD players as products they manufacture.

http://www.tcl.com/en.php

TCL has operations in more than 80 cities across Africa, Asia, Australasia, Europe, North America and South America. It has 18 R&D centers, 20 major manufacturing facilities and over 40 sales offices worldwide.
b curry is online now  
post #1007 of 1839 Old 11-25-2011, 07:18 AM
Advanced Member
 
purdyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: California
Posts: 708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilly77 View Post




Pioneer should be embarrassed.........this is a LONG WAYS from the good old days....

And just what were you expecting to see?

Electronics has come a long way since the 'good ole days' and everything has shrunk from the days of through hole components and yet the 19" rack mount is still the standard.

Of course things are smaller and lighter and that is a good thing.
purdyd is offline  
post #1008 of 1839 Old 11-25-2011, 07:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
purdyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: California
Posts: 708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by b curry View Post

Not exactly.

TCL is a Chinese, state owned, OEM consumer electronics manufacturer. Thomson SA, a French company, had a joint venture with TCL where TCL was the majority partner. The joint venture had TCL manufacturing TV's that sold under the RCA, Thomson, and TCL brand names. Samsung outsources to TCL for some of its TV's. It's possible that Pioneer/Sharp has some work done with TCL but TCL does not list Blu-ray/DVD players as products they manufacture.

http://www.tcl.com/en.php

TCL has operations in more than 80 cities across Africa, Asia, Australasia, Europe, North America and South America. It has 18 R&D centers, 20 major manufacturing facilities and over 40 sales offices worldwide.

i find it high unlikely that TCL would list something they make under contract on their website

I see I misread that, yes, TCL does make bd players

http://www.tclelectronics.com.au/product.asp?pid=52

i imagine all of the pioneer stuff is made under contract by someone - this should not be a surprise

what is interesting is that TCL submitted the items to UL for approval

http://database.ul.com/cgi-bin/XYV/t...372&sequence=1
purdyd is offline  
post #1009 of 1839 Old 11-25-2011, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bakerwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Peach State
Posts: 2,806
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post

Earlier this year, I wrote letters to Sharp, Pioneer of Japan, and walkamo, saying that I would like to see MediaTek Blu-ray players based on the platform of the Pioneer DV-48AV, DV-58AV, and DV-400V, with the latest version of the MediaTek chipset, adding 3D Blu-ray, wide media compatibility, and streaming. It seems as though someone was listening to me with the making of Pioneer's 2011 Blu-ray players.


Pioneer Elite PRO-151FD

Zektor MAS7.1

Classé CA-2200/CA-5200

Oppo BDP-105, Denon DVD-5910CI, Cambridge 752BD, Cambridge 640C V2

Paradigm Signature S8, Paradigm Signature ADP1

Paradigm Signature ADP3, Paradigm Signature C5

REL R-505 Sub (2)

Oppo BDP-93, BDP-103D, Pioneer BDP-320

Sony BDP-S790

bakerwi is offline  
post #1010 of 1839 Old 11-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Member
 
unidisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Including the latest 53FD was listed under TCL UL application. So they are either OEM or ODM. At least from the hardware perspective.
unidisk is offline  
post #1011 of 1839 Old 11-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
purdyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: California
Posts: 708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilly77 View Post


higher quality for the money?

Why do you think it is not high quality looking on the inside?
purdyd is offline  
post #1012 of 1839 Old 11-25-2011, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United States
Posts: 1,300
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
It would be cool if the team who made up Pioneer's original optical disc manufacturing plant(s) actually went into business for themselves, but Pioneer rebrands the players of this dream company I just thought of. Then we'd return to the good ol' days, wouldn't we!
Big C is online now  
post #1013 of 1839 Old 11-26-2011, 05:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
Urga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: France
Posts: 992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Pioneer LX55/Kuro 5090H .

Blu Ray :



DVD upscal 1080p :



MKV HD 720p :




Pioneer LX 5090H + Démo G5  C+ Csat HD + DD et la TNT + Pioneer LX55 + Sony BD-S790 ... Pana 50 ST60 + PS3 BD + Pioneer BD320 ... CRT Philips 32 PW 9520 P+2 DNM + TNT Thomson DTI 652 + Pioneer DV 380 ... BR 137 .

Urga is offline  
post #1014 of 1839 Old 11-26-2011, 06:46 AM
Member
 
frantic77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
very nice,
what about those bugs?
frantic77 is offline  
post #1015 of 1839 Old 11-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Senior Member
 
jleholeho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bratislava, SVK, EU
Posts: 269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilly77 View Post

you can see the photos above as well as I can. Are you telling me the Pio looks as good inside as the Oppo? The Pio looks like a cheap mass marketed POS comparatively. IMHO, naturally.

I wouldn`t be so much bothered by what`s the difference between the two in terms of inside stuff...I think that despite the itchy bugs (soon to be fixed, hopefully), the new Pio players perform pretty well at majority of our expectations...besides, Oppo is still much more expensive...
jleholeho is offline  
post #1016 of 1839 Old 11-26-2011, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member
 
Rathbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin / Germany
Posts: 928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Drive and power supply of the LX55 are the same as the cheap Toshiba BDX1200. Ridiculous!

The BDP-140 is EXACTLY the same as the BDX1200. So now instead of the Sharpioneer we have a Toshipioneer.

Rathbone is offline  
post #1017 of 1839 Old 11-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Senior Member
 
drSeehas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 384
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathbone View Post

... The BDP-140 is EXACTLY the same as the BDX1200 ...

No!
You should buy yourself a pair of glasses...
drSeehas is offline  
post #1018 of 1839 Old 11-26-2011, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member
 
Rathbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin / Germany
Posts: 928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drSeehas View Post

No!
You should buy yourself a pair of glasses...

Instead of insulting other people I advise you to have a closer look.

The connectors of the video board are exactly the same and exactly the same position.

I admit parts are not 100% the same (like parts of the power supply) but basically they are. Does it really matter if the PS is connected via cable or directly to the backplate? I don't think so!
Rathbone is offline  
post #1019 of 1839 Old 11-26-2011, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member
 
Urga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: France
Posts: 992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathbone View Post

Drive and power supply of the LX55 are the same as the cheap Toshiba BDX1200. Ridiculous!

The BDP-140 is EXACTLY the same as the BDX1200. So now instead of the Sharpioneer we have a Toshipioneer.




" Marvel QDEO " ????

Pioneer LX 5090H + Démo G5  C+ Csat HD + DD et la TNT + Pioneer LX55 + Sony BD-S790 ... Pana 50 ST60 + PS3 BD + Pioneer BD320 ... CRT Philips 32 PW 9520 P+2 DNM + TNT Thomson DTI 652 + Pioneer DV 380 ... BR 137 .

Urga is offline  
post #1020 of 1839 Old 11-26-2011, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United States
Posts: 1,300
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Within the past few days, I noticed that after hitting open/close, the tray would occasionally close right after it opens. When this problem began, I was able to get it to stay open after another try. However, today, the problem got so bad that I had to try ten or twenty times before the tray would stay open! My first thought was that I could wind up with a kidnapped disc if this keeps up. So guess who is returning his BDP-53FD! I am leaning towards the Yamaha BD-A1010. All I need to know preferably from someone who has used the player is whether or not it really does convert DSD to PCM at 176.4 KHz, 24 bit.
Big C is online now  
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Bdp 140 Blu Ray Disc Player Black , Lg 55lx9500 55 1080p 480hz 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg , Blu Ray Players , Pioneer Blu Ray Player Bdp 140
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off