Pioneer Blu-ray players 2011 - BDP-140/BDP-440/BDP-LX55/BDP-53FD - Page 46 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1351 of 1852 Old 05-23-2012, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 84
New EURO firmware 3.18 for the LX55

this an email send by Pioneer Europe to confirm the Changelog
[quote]"Dear Mr. xxxxx

Thank you for your email yesterday.
In fact we have just signed yesterday an update for the BDP-LX55 and get this tested. In our device can also be played SACD correctly.
Presumably, the software will appear in the next few days on the homepage.

Ver.3.18 released on May 17, 2012
Rectifies the following issues.
- Audio noise when playing CD Certain titles.
- C-ch-ch of SL and SACD multi-channel are switched during bitstream (DSD) output from HDMI.
- 3D video for left and right eyes are not synchronized when playing BD Certain titles.
- Will not play hybrid SACD with message "UNK DISC" displayed on the front panel display.
- Poor chroma seperation when playing DVD.
- Will not Play Certain BD-R/RE.
- Audio setting becomes default (main + sub) after fast-forwarding bilingual broadcast on BD-R/RE or DVD-R/RW.
- Firmware update fails if the OPEN / CLOSE button is pressed Repeatedly during the update.
Change of the following specifications
- Front panel display shows track / chapter number when playing CD / SACD.

We hope this will be resolved by this update to the BDP-LX55 with your problems.

Yours sincerely,
Technical Support "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 1852 Old 05-24-2012, 03:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 25
[quote=realzven;22055066]New EURO firmware 3.18 for the LX55

Quote:

"Dear Mr. xxxxx

Thank you for your email yesterday.
In fact we have just signed yesterday an update for the BDP-LX55 and get this tested. In our device can also be played SACD correctly.
Presumably, the software will appear in the next few days on the homepage.

Ver.3.18 released on May 17, 2012
Rectifies the following issues.
- Audio noise when playing CD Certain titles.
- C-ch-ch of SL and SACD multi-channel are switched during bitstream (DSD) output from HDMI.
- 3D video for left and right eyes are not synchronized when playing BD Certain titles.
- Will not play hybrid SACD with message "UNK DISC" displayed on the front panel display.
- Poor chroma seperation when playing DVD.
- Will not Play Certain BD-R/RE.
- Audio setting becomes default (main + sub) after fast-forwarding bilingual broadcast on BD-R/RE or DVD-R/RW.
- Firmware update fails if the OPEN / CLOSE button is pressed Repeatedly during the update.
Change of the following specifications
- Front panel display shows track / chapter number when playing CD / SACD.

We hope this will be resolved by this update to the BDP-LX55 with your problems.

Yours sincerely,
Technical Support "

Could they add gamma control and DSD-to-PCM at 176.4 KHz in a future firmware update?
post #1353 of 1852 Old 05-24-2012, 06:17 AM
Advanced Member

[quote=Big C;22058619]
Quote:
Originally Posted by realzven View Post

New EURO firmware 3.18 for the LX55

Could they add gamma control and DSD-to-PCM at 176.4 KHz in a future firmware update?

Chris Walker maybe will confirm you for the DSD-to-PCM at 176.4 KHz but i don't think gamma control will be added... perhaps in the 2012 model BDP 150/450 and LX56 (US 61FD and 63FD)
post #1354 of 1852 Old 05-24-2012, 07:16 AM

Liked: 10
Just update and now I can play Drive (DVD) without muted
post #1355 of 1852 Old 06-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Hi Guys,

I am in Japan right now and should be able to get an answer to this sometime this week..

Thanks,

Chris Walker
Pioneer Electronics
post #1356 of 1852 Old 06-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkamo View Post

Hi Guys,
I am in Japan right now and should be able to get an answer to this sometime this week..
Thanks,
Chris Walker
Pioneer Electronics
thanks chris, nice to see you here again
post #1357 of 1852 Old 06-12-2012, 12:34 PM

Liked: 11
what's the news about a BDP-440 firmware update? it suffers from the same problems as the LX-55 as we all know perfectly well..
post #1358 of 1852 Old 06-12-2012, 01:34 PM

Hi Chris,

What about the bad chroma separation on DVD in 1080P ?

It's been seven months that the LX55 is released, and no fix so far.
(Even if the 3.18 firmware changelog says it's fixed, it's unfortunately not).

To be honest, I'm quite disapointed by Pioneer (and I bought the LX55, BDP140, and yesterday the BDP150)

When you came on this forum 10 months ago, you told us these new players willl be the mark of the great return of Pioneer on the Bluray Players market. Especially the LX-55, supposed to be the Elite model.
So everyone were excited, counting days before the release.

Then they became available, with a lot of désilusions.
A lots of bugs, incompatibilities, and disc issues.
Even the LX 55 power supply card was a deception, because identical to the BDP-140 one.

So we asked answers, and a firmware fix.
But nothing appears for 5 months.

Where were you at this time ?
I mean, you're here to talk how great will be your new product, and you disapear when buyers have legitimate questions, because their players doen't work how it supposed to.

I don't want to be rude, but if you speak french, visit our french forum to see how many customers were disapointed with those new players, and sold them with annoyance.

Too bad.
Nine months ago your products were expected. Today they are completely ignored.

Alex
jleholeho likes this.
post #1359 of 1852 Old 06-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by realzven View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C;22058619 

Chris Walker maybe will confirm you for the DSD-to-PCM at 176.4 KHz but i don't think gamma control will be added... perhaps in the 2012 model BDP 150/450 and LX56 (US 61FD and 63FD)

Hi Realzven,

Unfortunately the DSD-PCM conversion is limited to 88.2KHz at 20-Bit. This is a limitation of the MTK chipset..

I am still awaiting an answer for the Gamma control....

thanks,

Chris Walker
Pioneer Electronics
post #1360 of 1852 Old 06-13-2012, 01:32 AM
Advanced Member

thanks Chris, keep us updated
post #1361 of 1852 Old 06-13-2012, 05:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi Realzven,
Unfortunately the DSD-PCM conversion is limited to 88.2KHz at 20-Bit. This is a limitation of the MTK chipset..
I am still awaiting an answer for the Gamma control....
thanks,
Chris Walker
Pioneer Electronics
But the Yamaha Aventage BD-A1000 and BD-A1010 use the Mediatek chipset, yet can convert DSD to PCM at 176.4 KHz. Could it be that the MT8530 can do that, while the MT8555 cannot? That doesn't make sense to me because the 8555 is a later edition of the chipset.
post #1362 of 1852 Old 06-13-2012, 05:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post

But the Yamaha Aventage BD-A1000 and BD-A1010 use the Mediatek chipset, yet can convert DSD to PCM at 176.4 KHz. Could it be that the MT8530 can do that, while the MT8555 cannot? That doesn't make sense to me because the 8555 is a later edition of the chipset.

some infos from the mediatek site :

MTK 8555
- http://www.mtk.com.tw/en/Products/product_content.php?sn=71
- http://www.mtk.com.tw/en/Products/featured_content.php?sn=4
Quote:
MT8555 - Single chip Blu-ray disc player

MediaTek MT8555 is a highly integrated system-on-chip for Blu-ray Disc player. It consists of disc reading front-end and AV data processing back-end. MT8555 can support BD, DVD, and CD playback, including the latest BD-ROM formats, such as BD-Live and BonusView. It features AVC, VC1, and MPEG-2 video decoders that can decompress full high-definition video streams. And for audio decoding, its multi-format decoder is capable of decoding Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD lossless audio. Built upon the proven technology of MT8530, MT8555 is fabricated with advanced silicon process and offers higher CPU performance and more DRAM bandwidth. This SoC also includes a powerful graphics engine and a variety of peripherals, including USB 2.0 ports. To support popular network applications, MT8555 also implements 10/100 Ethernet interface and support WLAN connection thru its USB port. Besides the connectivity features, audio and video output quality and flexibility is another focus of state-of-the-art Blu-ray devices. MT8555 embeds 4 channels of 148MHz/12-bit video DAC and also an HDMI 1.4 compliant transmitter for 2D/3D video output. And MT8555 also embeds an HDMI 1.4 Receiver for video input. Its audio output via I2S, SPDIF and HDMI can be configured independently. Moreover, MT8555 also supports audio bit stream input from HDMI and SPDIF, which is a key function in the growing Blu-ray HTiB segment. With the advanced technology and abundant features, MT8555 is well positioned to be the core of next-generation Blu-ray players and home theater systems.
Features

● Dual-channel HD MPEG-2/AVC/VC-1 video decode
● Dual-channel multi-format audio decode
● Motion-Adaptive, Edge-Preserving De-interlace
● 1000 DMIPS ARM11 CPU x 2
● HDMI 1.4 output
● 148MHz/12-bit, 4 CH TV Encoder
● Ethernet
● USB 2.0
● HDMI Receiver
● 3D video output

post #1363 of 1852 Old 06-13-2012, 11:07 AM

So according to the chip specs, there is really no reason why it should not be able to perform the DSD-to-PCM at 176.4 KHz, am I right? rolleyes.gif
post #1364 of 1852 Old 06-13-2012, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by emidalla View Post

So according to the chip specs, there is really no reason why it should not be able to perform the DSD-to-PCM at 176.4 KHz, am I right? rolleyes.gif

The chip being able to support certian functionality doesn't mean that the functionality will ever be implemented. Maybe at this price point Pioneer doesn't seed a need for this functionality regardless if another manufacturer using the same chip has implemented this functionality if that is indeed the case.smile.gif This gives them a reason to implement a new model. Some manufactuers like for their customers to keep going to the well (roll out a new model) for incremental improvements that can sometimes be implemented in their current offering.biggrin.gif

Pioneer Elite PRO-151FD

Zektor MAS7.1

Classé CA-2200/CA-5200

Oppo BDP-105, Denon DVD-5910CI, Cambridge 752BD, Cambridge 640C V2

Paradigm Signature S8, Paradigm Signature ADP1

Paradigm Signature ADP3, Paradigm Signature C5

REL R-505 Sub (2)

Oppo BDP-93, BDP-103D, Pioneer BDP-320

Sony BDP-S790

post #1365 of 1852 Old 06-14-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenshprince View Post

Hi Chris,
What about the bad chroma separation on DVD in 1080P ?
It's been seven months that the LX55 is released, and no fix so far.
(Even if the 3.18 firmware changelog says it's fixed, it's unfortunately not).
To be honest, I'm quite disapointed by Pioneer (and I bought the LX55, BDP140, and yesterday the BDP150)
When you came on this forum 10 months ago, you told us these new players willl be the mark of the great return of Pioneer on the Bluray Players market. Especially the LX-55, supposed to be the Elite model.
So everyone were excited, counting days before the release.
Then they became available, with a lot of désilusions.
A lots of bugs, incompatibilities, and disc issues.
Even the LX 55 power supply card was a deception, because identical to the BDP-140 one.
So we asked answers, and a firmware fix.
But nothing appears for 5 months.
Where were you at this time ?
I mean, you're here to talk how great will be your new product, and you disapear when buyers have legitimate questions, because their players doen't work how it supposed to.
I don't want to be rude, but if you speak french, visit our french forum to see how many customers were disapointed with those new players, and sold them with annoyance.
Too bad.
Nine months ago your products were expected. Today they are completely ignored.
Alex

I totally agree with you, truly and nicely put...
Do you guys notice that everytime someone tells the truth about Pio products Walkamo secretly disappears from the thread?
I mean what a poor attitude is that? It`s like a demonstration of their weakness, which they simply don`t wanna confess...
I`m really sick of their responses, they remind me of Nokia (once a great mobile phone company, now totally incompetent and lost)
i myself asked Pio EU a few days ago where the HELL is already confirmed update for BDP-440, which they said should come up within the end of May....
What do you think? No response whatsoever...

I`m done with Pioneer, new Denons and Onkyos seem to get some reasonable pricing, I`m ready to switch...
post #1366 of 1852 Old 06-14-2012, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post

I totally agree with you, truly and nicely put...
Do you guys notice that everytime someone tells the truth about Pio products Walkamo secretly disappears from the thread?
I mean what a poor attitude is that? It`s like a demonstration of their weakness, which they simply don`t wanna confess...
I`m really sick of their responses, they remind me of Nokia (once a great mobile phone company, now totally incompetent and lost)
i myself asked Pio EU a few days ago where the HELL is already confirmed update for BDP-440, which they said should come up within the end of May....
What do you think? No response whatsoever...
I`m done with Pioneer, new Denons and Onkyos seem to get some reasonable pricing, I`m ready to switch...
After the bad report FrenchPrince gave regarding the new BDP-150, I'm definitely not trying the 2012 lineup. However, during the earlier half of 2011, I wrote e-letters to Sharp, Pioneer of Japan, and Walkamo. I think that's how Pioneer users got a Blu-ray player with the MediaTek chipset, DVD-A, and SACD playback. So I think they do listen if you go to the right sources. So I'm going to keep trying until they get it right.
post #1367 of 1852 Old 06-14-2012, 08:03 PM
AVS Club Gold

don't matter what intertegral processor the rom connects too, you'll likely find replace the matshida roms and alot of the issue will go away!!

I would say fix the firmware on the rom itself and most issues will go away, might need to talk to panasonic for a fix considering matshia is owned by them..
post #1368 of 1852 Old 06-15-2012, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerwi View Post

The chip being able to support certian functionality doesn't mean that the functionality will ever be implemented.

Mine was just a remark to Mr. Walker answer above... Everything else you say is obviously right
Quote:

Hi Realzven,

It doesn't seem to be a chip problem wink.gif
post #1369 of 1852 Old 06-17-2012, 11:27 PM

hello,
The new firmware 3.18 did not correct the chroma separation on DVD in 1080P??
I refer to the pioneer lx55
post #1370 of 1852 Old 06-18-2012, 02:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breniac View Post

hello,
The new firmware 3.18 did not correct the chroma separation on DVD in 1080P??
I refer to the pioneer lx55
from the French forum "HCFR" , the FW 3.18 not resolve the chroma separation on DVD in 1080P
post #1371 of 1852 Old 06-18-2012, 03:42 AM

Spot on. After months and months of dealing with horrible bugs a Pioneer representative comes back to answer a minor question on the DSD to 176.4 PCM conversion (possibly with a wrong answer) and pretends that all the promises on the firmware update for the 440 never existed.
I'd rather see Walkamo go completely if he treats this forum just like a Pioneer marketing channel.
post #1372 of 1852 Old 06-19-2012, 06:04 PM

Just bought the Pioneer BDP-140 BluRay player to go with my system. Powered up and went through all of the start up navigation. Now I am getting a the word "Root" displayed on the screen when the system is off? If I press the power button the message dissapears and then returns later? Calls to Pioneer customer service have been unsuccessful, they tell me to reboot, and restore factory settings. This obviously does not work and they dont seem to understand the message or its cause? The last tech I spoke to simply told me to return the unit? Any help would be appreciated...

Just went to Best Buy and exchanged the player for a new one. Brought it home, hooked it up, now getting "root message on screen again? Waiting on hold with Pioneer customer service. They said this problem should only occur if I have something in the usb port, but I only have power cord and HDMI connected?

Pioneer tech came back on and told me that I may have gotten a second bad unit from the same batch? He said that there is nothing in their system about anyone else ever having this problem? He suggested that I once again return the unit and try my luck with another.

Help!!!
post #1373 of 1852 Old 06-19-2012, 08:06 PM

someone asked me to be more clear. The root message is displayed on the bluray player front screen not through my plasma.
post #1374 of 1852 Old 06-20-2012, 11:02 AM

Will this firmware update work on the US version?
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/support/software/BDP-140/index.html#download_264
post #1375 of 1852 Old 06-30-2012, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Well, I bought BDP-140 for £69 including delivery. Took only 20 min to download and install CFW. It's not perfect but DVD is now region free and Blu Ray zones can be changed with several clicks. But it's not all. IT CAN NOW PLAYBACK BLU RAY ISOs and 3DBLU RAY ISOs! It still struggles with MKVs qbove 5.1 but does have some nice features and all of these for 69 quid.....
post #1376 of 1852 Old 07-02-2012, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by borland View Post

Well, I bought BDP-140 for £69 including delivery. Took only 20 min to download and install CFW. It's not perfect but DVD is now region free and Blu Ray zones can be changed with several clicks. But it's not all. IT CAN NOW PLAYBACK BLU RAY ISOs and 3DBLU RAY ISOs! It still struggles with MKVs qbove 5.1 but does have some nice features and all of these for 69 quid.....
where is the CFW for All Zone DVD and BD and BD ISO ?
thanks
post #1377 of 1852 Old 07-02-2012, 09:12 AM

well the CFW was developed by the Chinese. They've managed to get the Pioneer key somehow (I would not be surprised if thye got it somehow on the assembly line). there is a link to the original Chinese site but you can Google-translate it). I think you can download it it test it. You have about 9 goes before it stops working. Then the Chinese ask for the money to activate it. For activation you have to provide the SN of your player and MAC address. They will generate the unlock key for you. The Russian hackers also hacked CFW and I've manged to get the activation key from them. After the activation you can change the normal DVD region to 0 and for the Blue Ray you need to change it manually (5 secs work). You can also play Blu Ray ISOs and 3D Bluray ISOs from the USB HDD. Links to CFW:
http://115.com/file/dpkwmyy3
http://narod.ru/disk/52820043001.feb0e35753e43ed5bba61fcc23ec2ee6/BDP-140_SP_4.01_NO_RMVB.rar.html
I still can't believe I have all region BluRay and Normal DVD player with full MKV, DIVX etc support + BD ISOs for £69!
post #1378 of 1852 Old 07-02-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borland View Post

well the CFW was developed by the Chinese. They've managed to get the Pioneer key somehow (I would not be surprised if thye got it somehow on the assembly line). there is a link to the original Chinese site but you can Google-translate it). I think you can download it it test it. You have about 9 goes before it stops working. Then the Chinese ask for the money to activate it. For activation you have to provide the SN of your player and MAC address. They will generate the unlock key for you. The Russian hackers also hacked CFW and I've manged to get the activation key from them. After the activation you can change the normal DVD region to 0 and for the Blue Ray you need to change it manually (5 secs work). You can also play Blu Ray ISOs and 3D Bluray ISOs from the USB HDD. Links to CFW:
http://115.com/file/dpkwmyy3
http://narod.ru/disk/52820043001.feb0e35753e43ed5bba61fcc23ec2ee6/BDP-140_SP_4.01_NO_RMVB.rar.html
I still can't believe I have all region BluRay and Normal DVD player with full MKV, DIVX etc support + BD ISOs for £69!
Greetings Borland, does the CFW from the russians come with the key or you have to purchase it from them?
post #1379 of 1852 Old 07-02-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvereyes View Post

Greetings Borland, does the CFW from the russians come with the key or you have to purchase it from them?

I think the Russians extracted key gen from the Chinese CFW for the CFW activation. They don't have access to the pioneer service key. They don't sell or cash on the activation key. They never publish how they do that. I only know that 4 hackers on the russian forum do that for their friends and close forum members. They say if it goes public the loophole can be closed for the future updates. I've approached one of these guys, provided him with SN and MAC and he sent me the activation key for free.
CFW is not perfect but what it does it's unbelievable. I had some lock ups on 1.5 TB external HDD but this HDD was causing occasional problems for the NTV-550 as well . It's a bit slow but faster with DLNA disabled.
The most important plus - I've made ISO of my original Panasonic Avatar 3D (frame packed). The quality of the 3D Blu Ray ISO play back was exactly the same as the original including menu, 3d effects etc! I could only see similar quality on 3d Blu Ray ISO on my friends OPPO-93. However Pioneer is cheaper than even multi region mod for the OPPO-93 alone never mind the price of OPPO.....
post #1380 of 1852 Old 07-02-2012, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
The Chi link is down. The Russian file is a bin image. There's no accompanying txt file about where and how and how much to pay. Is the info on screen once you loaded the fw? Dunno if it'll work on region A player.

Audiosceptics accept audio trials using 25 people. A recent Oxford study with over 353,000 patient records from 639 separate clinical trials shows for every 1,000 people taking diclofenac or ibuprofen there would be 3 additional heart attacks, 4 more cases of heart failure and 1 death every year.

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Bdp 140 Blu Ray Disc Player Black , Lg 55lx9500 55 1080p 480hz 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg , Blu Ray Players , Pioneer Blu Ray Player Bdp 140
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page