Current players with Dual HDMI? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 41 Old 06-01-2013, 11:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone own one that does not have analog outs?

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 HDTV
Onkyo TX-SR805 THX Ultra 2
Axiom M60 Towers
Axiom VC-160 Center
Axiom QS8 Surrounds
HSU Engineering VT-15 Sub
PS3/360
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 06-02-2013, 06:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpetematt View Post

Hi all! Is there a current list now with this years models? I would prefer not to pay for analog outs, but I guess it's gonna be the Oppo 103 if not...
IMO, this is a rather silly request. You're not paying for the analog outs. You're paying for the dual HDMI outs. Only the higher end players have dual HDMI outs (consider the analog outs thrown in with the dual HDMIs). If cost is an issue, check out the Pannys and Sonys with dual HDMI outs (they are less expensive than the Oppo).
post #33 of 41 Old 06-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

Does anyone own one that does not have analog outs?

Yes, picked up a Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD that has dual HDMI and no analog outs. It also plays SACD and DVD-A discs. It can be found at Best Buy for $199 in store. It is a pretty good player but does not have many streaming options.

post #34 of 41 Old 06-02-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post

IMO, this is a rather silly request. You're not paying for the analog outs. You're paying for the dual HDMI outs. Only the higher end players have dual HDMI outs (consider the analog outs thrown in with the dual HDMIs). If cost is an issue, check out the Pannys and Sonys with dual HDMI outs (they are less expensive than the Oppo).

I don't know that it's that silly of a request. I'd imagine a lot of processing goes into making those analog outs that I wouldn't need. It's good to know Pioneer makes one. Thanks! I will look into it. Do you know if the Pioneer can send audio out bitstream? How is its video quality compared to the Oppo? That's excellent it's less than half the price if its comparable in most other ways other than the analog outs... Appreciate it!

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 HDTV
Onkyo TX-SR805 THX Ultra 2
Axiom M60 Towers
Axiom VC-160 Center
Axiom QS8 Surrounds
HSU Engineering VT-15 Sub
PS3/360
post #35 of 41 Old 06-02-2013, 05:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

I don't know that it's that silly of a request. I'd imagine a lot of processing goes into making those analog outs that I wouldn't need. It's good to know Pioneer makes one. Thanks! I will look into it. Do you know if the Pioneer can send audio out bitstream? How is its video quality compared to the Oppo? That's excellent it's less than half the price if its comparable in most other ways other than the analog outs... Appreciate it!

Yes it can send bitstream. The video is great with Qdeo processing and I can play my high res FLAC files directly from a drive. I took a chance on this player and so far it is a winner for me.

post #36 of 41 Old 01-25-2014, 07:07 AM

Is it going to give me more headroom and possibly cleaner audio/video if I split the signal and let my Pioneer Elite sc-68 handle audio exclusively and my Panasonic vt60 handle video exclusively? Both are capable of 3d, but i heard from a few sources that giving designated hdmi outputs to designated channels gives you a cleaner overall picture and sound quality. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED
post #37 of 41 Old 01-25-2014, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 129
I have never seen a difference between running one vs. two hdmi cables. Running one is much less of a headache.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #38 of 41 Old 01-25-2014, 08:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 38
The ONLY need for dual HDMI outs is to run one to your 3D display and a second to an AVR that is not 3D capable. You don't get better PQ or AQ by running separate HDMIs.
post #39 of 41 Old 01-25-2014, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevtrbo View Post

Is it going to give me more headroom and possibly cleaner audio/video if I split the signal and let my Pioneer Elite sc-68 handle audio exclusively and my Panasonic vt60 handle video exclusively? Both are capable of 3d, but i heard from a few sources that giving designated hdmi outputs to designated channels gives you a cleaner overall picture and sound quality. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED

In a word, no.

Google TMDS on HDMI.  You need to understand how the signal is sent over HDMI.

Simplistically TMDS, Transition Minimized Differential Signaling, sends three different interleaved data packets (video, audio and auxiliary data for control) separated by blanking intervals over HDMI.  These exact same data packets are present on both of the HDMI runs coming from your BD player; both cables originate from the same transmitter in the BD player.  When you "split the signal" your receiver or display is still receiving the same data packets but the control data has given instructions to ignore that part of the signal that is not necessary.

I believe that two HDMI's was first done by Pioneer with the BDP-09 with a marketing spin that it would be better because of signal splitting.  I've never seen any scientific proof for this.  The primary advantage of two HDMI's was to not make an older AV receiver that was not able to support 3D obsolete.  You could feed the audio via HDMI to the older receiver and still take advantage of a 3D display with a second HDMI output.

There will be people that will continue to believe that two is better than one and that maybe true when you're wanting to support a legacy device, but not for improved audio or video.  Again I would urge you to read up on how HDMI signals are sent and it will become very clear there is no advantage for "a cleaner overall picture and sound quality" experience.

post #40 of 41 Old 04-29-2014, 09:43 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post

The ONLY need for dual HDMI outs is to run one to your 3D display and a second to an AVR that is not 3D capable. You don't get better PQ or AQ by running separate HDMIs.

Can a splitter do this?

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011301&p_id=10249&seq=1&format=2
post #41 of 41 Old 05-05-2014, 11:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
No, a splitter such as that will not "fix" the non-3D receiver issue. Typically what happens with an HDMI splitter is, both connected output devices (such as a 3D display and a non-3D-ready receiver) send their return signals back into the HDMI source (such as a Blu-ray player), and the player's HDMI circuit sends out a "lowest-common-denominator" signal that both devices will accept (non-3D in this case).

Chris

"It's [expletive] lame to watch Jaws, a film that uses the 2.40 ratio as well as any ever produced, in the wrong format on HBO." -Steven Soderbergh, Oscar-winning director

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt310 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Samsung Bd D6700 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Samsung Un55d7900 55 Inch 1080p 240hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Onkyo Tx Sr707 7 2 Channel A V Surround Home Theater Receiver , Onkyo Bd Sp809 Blu Ray Disc Player Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page