Yamaha BD-A1010 Universal Player - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #301 of 327 Old 12-18-2013, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an 18 month old BD-A1010 that is - of course - six months out of warranty. Recently, I started having issues when I tried to play Red Box Blu-rays. I thought there was a problem with several of the discs I was renting but now I'm having the same issues with my own discs: I put in a disc and it starts to make clicking sounds, then lower-pitched grinding sounds, then it either says "no disc" or it goes to "setup." This happens on MOST of my Blu-rays now (I just tried three and only one played - when I cycle through them a second time, same result). It's even worse with DVDs - when I put one in, the display simply says, "no disc."

I just did a firmware update but that had no effect. I tired a little compressed air, but also, no effect.

This is the FOURTH Yamaha Blu-ray player I've had and the FOURTH to have issues: first a BD-S2900BL that stopped working, then my first BD-a1010 (b-stock from Yamaha) that had network and playback issues out of the box, then a replacement b-stock with the same issues as the first, and now this one (a-stock direct from Yamaha).

I have a call into their tech support, but my guess is they're going to tell me I'm out of warranty and I can pay $100 to have it swapped out for another b-stock unit, but given my experience, that last thing I want is another b-stock unit - especially if I have to pay $100 for it.

If they offer me my choice of a BD-a1010 or a BD-a1020, which should I chose? I haven't looked in a while, but I vaguely remember reading bad things about the 1020 here in the forums...

Is there anyone out there that has any suggestions of how I might be able to fix the issue I'm having? I thought a factory reset might help, but given that updating the firmware didn't help, I doubt a reset would, if there is one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh - one more thing - if I can't get it working, any recommendations on what I should buy? All of the consumer level players (Samsung, Sony, LG look like plastic CRAP compared to my Yahama (although they probably work).

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 327 Old 01-22-2014, 03:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I don't know where to post this, so I posted it in two places.

When playing SD DVDs, normally, I would prefer to leave De-Interlacing and upscaling off and have the black bars on the sides (and top and bottom if widescreen/4:3 Letterbox) in order to keep them distinguishable from Blu-rays, as well as to reduce even the slightest chance of motion lag as a result of processing (de-interlacing and upscaling). However, on a Plasma, I understand that might cause after-image/burn-in/image-retention. My TV is a Samsung 4500 series 720p (actually 768 pixels vertical) plasma, and my Blu-ray player is a Yamaha Aventage BD-A1010, which uses the MediaTek MT8530 CPU for its de-interlacing and upscaling. For the best results, what would be the best approach?

A. Just set the player to 4:3 Letterbox/480i and the TV to 4:3? Are the bars safe?

B. Set the player to 4:3 Letterbox/480i and the TV to 16:9?

C. set the player to 16:9 Wide/1080i to accomidate for the TV's 768 vertical pixels and the TV to Screen Fit?

Thanks for your input.
post #303 of 327 Old 01-22-2014, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsulmeyer View Post

I have an 18 month old BD-A1010 that is - of course - six months out of warranty. Recently, I started having issues when I tried to play Red Box Blu-rays. I thought there was a problem with several of the discs I was renting but now I'm having the same issues with my own discs: I put in a disc and it starts to make clicking sounds, then lower-pitched grinding sounds, then it either says "no disc" or it goes to "setup." This happens on MOST of my Blu-rays now (I just tried three and only one played - when I cycle through them a second time, same result). It's even worse with DVDs - when I put one in, the display simply says, "no disc."

I just did a firmware update but that had no effect. I tired a little compressed air, but also, no effect.

This is the FOURTH Yamaha Blu-ray player I've had and the FOURTH to have issues: first a BD-S2900BL that stopped working, then my first BD-a1010 (b-stock from Yamaha) that had network and playback issues out of the box, then a replacement b-stock with the same issues as the first, and now this one (a-stock direct from Yamaha).

I have a call into their tech support, but my guess is they're going to tell me I'm out of warranty and I can pay $100 to have it swapped out for another b-stock unit, but given my experience, that last thing I want is another b-stock unit - especially if I have to pay $100 for it.

If they offer me my choice of a BD-a1010 or a BD-a1020, which should I chose? I haven't looked in a while, but I vaguely remember reading bad things about the 1020 here in the forums...

Is there anyone out there that has any suggestions of how I might be able to fix the issue I'm having? I thought a factory reset might help, but given that updating the firmware didn't help, I doubt a reset would, if there is one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh - one more thing - if I can't get it working, any recommendations on what I should buy? All of the consumer level players (Samsung, Sony, LG look like plastic CRAP compared to my Yahama (although they probably work).

John

Sounds like to me that you are having loader issues. Some brands more than others seem to go through them more often. This is however the 1st I have heard about issues with Yammy loaders. A couple things you can try are to clean your laser lens and also lube up the loader drive rails. Sometimes they go out of alignment and it is cheeper to just buy a new loader and stick it in. Thats essentially what they would do in a repair situation. Also if you happened to purchase it with a credit card that offers an extended warranty like an AmEx or Discover you could call on them for the warranty works and/or refund which is what they usually do. I haven't looked to see if loaders for the 1010 are readily available online and on eBay. I would think that they would be.

I have four methods that I use to clean laser lenses. 1) Maxell wind tunnel non touching cleaning disc 2) Discwasher cleaning disc with brush(s) and 3) a Bib cleaning disc with a number of more brute force brushes. Lastly sometimes you just have to open up the player and use some freon cleaner and a lint free swab to physically clean the lens. If you have it open for that then you can also go ahead and put a little white lithium grease on the lens drive rails if it has them. These are just some things to try. I've be successful reviving several different optical player drives with these methods. Our old original PS2 requires a brute force cleaning every couple years and it gets it going again. I have a Toshiba A35 HD player that had some issues with import titles until I ran my Bib leaning disc in it, now it's fine. And I'm also a collector of the Sammy BD-UP5000 combo player and have been able to improve a few loaders for them with these methods.

You can do some searching on eBay and Amazon for the cleaning discs mentioned above. There are several others out there also. Those just happen to be the ones I have purchased over the years. Note that Maxell makes a bunch of different wind tunnel effect discs. They are all essentially the same and just sold for different markets and purposes. If I remember right they are all just DVD discs that play in a special way with tiny holes in the disc to create a wind tunnel effect and they do work quite well as long as the dust and grime is not super well attached.

Oh and compressed air is a good idea for inside the unit and maybe for the loading tray and area, but you don't want to use it on the laser mechanism since the force may damage it. Also if you are not careful you can just make things worse by blowing dust into the loader that was not there before.
post #304 of 327 Old 01-22-2014, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post

I don't know where to post this, so I posted it in two places.

When playing SD DVDs, normally, I would prefer to leave De-Interlacing and upscaling off and have the black bars on the sides (and top and bottom if widescreen/4:3 Letterbox) in order to keep them distinguishable from Blu-rays, as well as to reduce even the slightest chance of motion lag as a result of processing (de-interlacing and upscaling). However, on a Plasma, I understand that might cause after-image/burn-in/image-retention. My TV is a Samsung 4500 series 720p (actually 768 pixels vertical) plasma, and my Blu-ray player is a Yamaha Aventage BD-A1010, which uses the MediaTek MT8530 CPU for its de-interlacing and upscaling. For the best results, what would be the best approach?

A. Just set the player to 4:3 Letterbox/480i and the TV to 4:3? Are the bars safe?

B. Set the player to 4:3 Letterbox/480i and the TV to 16:9?

C. set the player to 16:9 Wide/1080i to accomidate for the TV's 768 vertical pixels and the TV to Screen Fit?

Thanks for your input.

First of all I would not worry too much about screen burn in with 4:3 content, unless you are always viewing movies and shows that way. I used to own a 4th gen. Sammy plasm ED (my ex-son-in-law owns it now) and never had issues with that and often in it's life it displayed 4:3 in the correct way and also stretched.

Second my understanding is that in most cases you should let your TV do as much processing as possible, but in the case of the Yammy it does have probably superior processing so you may want to experiment. I would set it to widescreen and the highest possible resolution (the player and then set the TV to display what it receives). The player should switch into and display 4:3 content correctly. I haven't played with that aspect of the 1010 yet (pun intended) so I am unsure if it does it correctly. I own both the LG and Sammy combo players and neither of them does 4:3 correctly (they both stretch it). So what I do in that case I set my TV in 4:3 mode and it compensates for the fat faces and bodies. When I watch TV I have my Comcast Moto box set to not stretch 4:3 content and that all happens automagically. I have my TV (also a Sammy DLP projection in this case) set to the "Just scan" setting which as I understand just displays what it is given. There is also a 16:9 option but there is very little difference. I usually turn off all processing (except for setting the highest resolution) in the players/STBs and let the TV do it's thing. Generally I haven't had good results if I set a player or STB to a low resolution and have the TV upscale it. Seems the better the raw signal (unprocessed other than resoluton) you give the TV the better. And generally I try to avoid 4:3 content, if possible.
post #305 of 327 Old 01-27-2014, 06:19 AM

Liked: 12

I have the same old controller app problem: The app will not find the BD-A1010 (but it does find my yamaha receiver).

I remember I first had that problem when I unplugged the player some months back for a couple of minutes. After that restart, the player had vanished from the app (whereas it had been there before). Luckily, my firmware at the time was outdated so I could load the new firmware (1.7712) and the player reappeared in the app and all was well. 

Then, two weeks back, I had to work on the electricty in my apartment and thus, the player was without power again for 10 minutes or so. After the restart the player was gone from the app (again!). Now, this time, my firmware is already up-to-date so I cannot load a newer one to solve the problem.

I called Yamaha and explained. They knew the problem and thought they had a solution: They sent me a file with a "recovery firmware" which I should install using a USB-drive. That I tried. However, the player just says that there is no new firmware on the USB-drive, hence it does not accept the "recovery firmware". My guess is that this recovery firmware worked with the last firmware (1.49 or so), but does not work with the actual 1.7712 installed on my player. Yamaha has now asked me to send in the player for repairs. However, I do not think that will do the trick...

Do you have any experiences with this? Can I somehow force a firmware reinstall? Have you successfully installed the recovery firmware on a player which already has the 1.7712 firmware? Is there any other solution?

Many thanks!

post #306 of 327 Old 01-28-2014, 10:39 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-A1010 View Post

I have the same old controller app problem: The app will not find the BD-A1010 (but it does find my yamaha receiver).

I remember I first had that problem when I unplugged the player some months back for a couple of minutes. After that restart, the player had vanished from the app (whereas it had been there before). Luckily, my firmware at the time was outdated so I could load the new firmware (1.7712) and the player reappeared in the app and all was well.

Then, two weeks back, I had to work on the electricty in my apartment and thus, the player was without power again for 10 minutes or so. After the restart the player was gone from the app (again!). Now, this time, my firmware is already up-to-date so I cannot load a newer one to solve the problem.

I called Yamaha and explained. They knew the problem and thought they had a solution: They sent me a file with a "recovery firmware" which I should install using a USB-drive. That I tried. However, the player just says that there is no new firmware on the USB-drive, hence it does not accept the "recovery firmware". My guess is that this recovery firmware worked with the last firmware (1.49 or so), but does not work with the actual 1.7712 installed on my player. Yamaha has now asked me to send in the player for repairs. However, I do not think that will do the trick...

Do you have any experiences with this? Can I somehow force a firmware reinstall? Have you successfully installed the recovery firmware on a player which already has the 1.7712 firmware? Is there any other solution?

Many thanks!

Unfortunately I'm facing the same issue again now.
Mine was not working anymore with controller app for months and it finally worked again after the last firmware upgrade.

But few days ago my player got frozen on the "please wait" message while loading a disc.
After power cycling it, the player dissapeared again from av controller app and no way to get it back.

It seems somehow something is getting screwed up in the IP control layer of the device.

I would bet there is a way to reset the internal memory of the player maybe by a sequence of keys on the remote or a downgrade/reload procedure of the firmware.
Because the recovery package that was designed to fix that was based on a too old firmware that doesn't apply anymore (as you stated).

Hopefully one of you guys can get the answer in the US or UK from Yamaha because clearly I never maneged to recieve help by the French support on this particular issue.
post #307 of 327 Old 01-30-2014, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusionwork View Post

Unfortunately I'm facing the same issue again now.
Mine was not working anymore with controller app for months and it finally worked again after the last firmware upgrade.

But few days ago my player got frozen on the "please wait" message while loading a disc.
After power cycling it, the player dissapeared again from av controller app and no way to get it back.

It seems somehow something is getting screwed up in the IP control layer of the device.

I would bet there is a way to reset the internal memory of the player maybe by a sequence of keys on the remote or a downgrade/reload procedure of the firmware.
Because the recovery package that was designed to fix that was based on a too old firmware that doesn't apply anymore (as you stated).

Hopefully one of you guys can get the answer in the US or UK from Yamaha because clearly I never maneged to recieve help by the French support on this particular issue.

There has to be a factory reset/cold start option for this player. Just about every other player and a/v device has some sort or reset. May be with this unit that you have to use some kind of boot disc as described to do it. Has anyone looked in the manual to see if there is a reset sequence? Just a suggestion. I know on many Samsung players if you press and hold the >| button for more than 5 sec. or so it will do what is called a "cold start".
post #308 of 327 Old 01-30-2014, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Oh I know see you can press and hold the power button until "reset" is displayed on the display, but I ran into posts from folks saying the procedure does not help with recovering controller app functionality, but it would be worth a try.
post #309 of 327 Old 01-30-2014, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

I just thought of something you can try. I don't know if it will work since I don't connect mine to the network but...try giving your 1010 a static IP address. Most wireless routers, cable modems/routers etc. are configured to not hand out DHCP for all addresses. Look for a range that DHCP is not configured on your router and assign the 1010 an address in that range. I have a suspicion that something in the player is getting pegged to the initial address you get with DHCP then when the power goes out or the player or network is reset you are probably getting a different address. I assume you can hard code an address into the player like others I have had online. I thought of this since I run a Raspberry Pi with Open elec so I can play movie formats my Roku does not. I ran into an issue with it early on that the remotes I use on my Droid and also IOS would stop being able to contact the Pi when things were reset despite it having an address and having full Internet connectivity (even though only local network access was needed in this case). Since changing to a static address I have not had any issues contacting my Pi with any other device (including the Roku).
post #310 of 327 Old 01-30-2014, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

I forget where, but it does say how to reset the player to its factory state. Turn on the player. Remove any discs. On the front panel (not the remote), press and hold STOP and PAUSE at once until the player does something. (I forget whether it turns off or shows a progress bar while resetting.)
post #311 of 327 Old 02-01-2014, 03:21 AM

Unfortunately none of the tricks worked.
It really seems somthing is getting wrong in the player memory.

The factory reset did not change anything. The manual IP is not working also. This is anyway purely a player side issue.

At some point yamaha even developped a special firmware to recover that so that's probably more compicated that what we think.
Just to bad they did not fix the issue in the other firmware released since or at least a trick to get over it.

The only way to fix that in my opinion is to find how to reload/downgrade the firmware.
post #312 of 327 Old 02-01-2014, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm not too good with smartphones, the iPad, or anything with a touchscreen. So I don't think I can help with the AV app.
post #313 of 327 Old 02-06-2014, 04:08 AM
AVS Special Member

When the speaker size is set to Small, what is the 1010's subwoofer crossover frequency?
post #314 of 327 Old 03-01-2014, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-A1010 View Post

Many thanks!

Hello Everybody,

I'm facing exactly the same issue with my BD-S1067 player, which has the same firmware in fact. I just came back from holidays last night and discovered that there was a small power shutdown... and of course when I powered my player back, it stuck in the please wait message for a moment and, of course desappeared from the controller.

Concerning the firmware solution, I understand and suppose that the firmware/memory chip only allows to have a firmware improvement with a higher firmware number. So, if the recovery firmware has a very high number, i suppose this will prevent any further update for normal firmwares. So it seems logical that Yamaha needs to issue each time a recovery firmware with a small increase in the number, or something like that. I also guess that there is  probably no possibility to force any firmware update with the same firmware (1.7712 -> 1.7712 for ie) due to the chip conception...

I asked a question to the French yamaha services and the answer was to send my player for repair, as i'm out of warranty period, which is pretty stupid for this small firmware bug...

However, BD-A1010, I would be very interesting in getting this recovery firmware. Is it possible for you  to provide me a link to download it ?

Thank you in advance

Vortex

post #315 of 327 Old 03-06-2014, 07:41 AM

Hi Vortex,

this is the link I was given: http://xchange.yamaha-europe.com/CA-public/%23non%20CA%20products/AV/AV%20controller%20problem%20-%20recovery%20package%20BD-S1067_BD-A1000_BD-A1010.zip

But don't get your hopes up, since this will most likely not help you.

I sent in my player for repairs, got it back three weeks later. They told me that a simple factory reset (via the menu) had done the trick and that they had tested the player with the app successfully. However, when I took the player home and tried it there, it did not work. So I made some angry calls with Yamaha and the service provider. Next week I will take the player to the same service center again and try the reset with them to see if it really works. I expect it will not. In that case I will ask Yamaha to provide a new player or change the mainboard in mine.

I have also asked Yamaha Germany to take up the issue with the HQ in Japan. Because, to me, it seems that the easiest way out of all this would be to simply create a new recovery firmware which works with our current firmware. I hope Japan will take care of this, but am not sure how long that will take....

Vortex01 likes this.
post #316 of 327 Old 03-07-2014, 02:30 AM

Hi Vortex,

just realized that the link does not work when you click on it. You will need to select and copy it into your browser manually. Then is works fine.

Vortex01 likes this.
post #317 of 327 Old 03-07-2014, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't use this feature, but more and more when I read these posts it gets me thinking that this issue is related to something with how IP addresses and or MAC addresses are being dealt with in the player. It may also be some strange interaction with folks wireless routers/APs etc. I am wondering if anyone has tried my suggestion to use a static IP address as opposed to a dynamic DHCP address and see what happens. If Yamaha sets a player to factory and gets your unit to function then when you put it back on your network then that would send up a red flag to me about your local network. I also don't know how you all are connecting your players wither hard cable or through a wireless adapter. I've been too lazy over the past couple years to get my wireless gaming adapters out for my players that lack wireless. Haven't really had a pressing need.

Anyhow just some advise that this may not be a player issue per. se.

Has anyone here used the feature and had consistent success or has everyone that has tried the feature had issues? We might find a common issue if folks will report how they are connecting their player and what routers/APs and adapters they are using.
post #318 of 327 Old 03-07-2014, 08:33 AM

Thanks a lot BD-A1010 ;)

I've also already take my player apart, hoping that, like on a mortherboard for CPU, there is a small button to force firwmare reset or update. There is a small button which provide the same key reset from the front panel... but not a firmware reset.

So we are in the case that : DLNA is OK, network is ok, ping on the network is ok, AV controller with amp is perfect, but the player is not seen by AV controller... this is very frustrating. I've also tried to check which port can be used by Yamaha to send commands to the player with no success (all ports seen as closed)

My next step will be to use bluestacks to emulate our AV controller app to find the way it communicates with the player... not sure this would help but i need to underestand :d

post #319 of 327 Old 03-07-2014, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Could this just be an off issue with the app and not related to the player? Your statement that you have probed the ports on the player and none are open is troubling since something would need to be open in order to contact the player. I wonder if the player is shutting down ports after some other process and killing the controller access. I guess one of these days if I have the time and I am bored I need to hook mine up to an adapter and see what I can come up with.
post #320 of 327 Old 03-07-2014, 09:39 AM

Mr Kludge,

thank you for your messages.

In fact my player is connected to my internet box / routeur by cables and powerline and of course my iphone is connected by wifi.

I've used alternatively static and dynamix IP without any success.

My RX-V2067 located just below the player works perfectly with my iphone, an ipad and the android phone of my wife and also bluestacks on my pc. So i'm pretty sure that there is no app issue, or it is a fundamental app problem. None of these can see the player...

And with each firmware update, the player appears immediatly on every av controller platfom...

I'm not completely sure that all ports are closed because i'm not absolutely confident in the soft i use to scan ports.

post #321 of 327 Old 03-08-2014, 01:08 AM

Ok, so, in fact i found the connection ports used by Yamaha : port 50000 for amps and 50100 for bd player (at least my amp and my bd player), from Yamaha papers

http://www.awe-europe.com/ir_232.html

I tested ports with a telnet command and the result is good for the amp but not for the bd player (of course...).

I would be interesting in searching a reset or / firmware upadate command in rs232 code, but i'm not sure it exists

So it also confirms that my ports scan wasn't so good.

post #322 of 327 Old 03-12-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex01 View Post

Mr Kludge,

thank you for your messages.

In fact my player is connected to my internet box / routeur by cables and powerline and of course my iphone is connected by wifi.

I've used alternatively static and dynamix IP without any success.

My RX-V2067 located just below the player works perfectly with my iphone, an ipad and the android phone of my wife and also bluestacks on my pc. So i'm pretty sure that there is no app issue, or it is a fundamental app problem. None of these can see the player...

And with each firmware update, the player appears immediatly on every av controller platfom...

I'm not completely sure that all ports are closed because i'm not absolutely confident in the soft i use to scan ports.

I can confirm as I'm facing the exact same issue that it is 100% sure it is a player side issue.
The IP or MAC address has nothing to do with it, as whatever device/IP you are using (tablet, phone, iphone...), it is not working anymore with any when the bug starts.
I believe that, if Yamaha condescended to code a recovery firmware some time ago, that's for a good reason.

Somehow what must be happenning is that the "network control" feature is disabling itself and not turning back on even if done via the player setup.
That would explain why the tcp port of the Av controller app is then closed/unresponsive on BD player side.

On my side the Yamah French support was totally useless (asking to send the player for repair).
What a good idea knowing that the bug can happen again at any time...

Anyway if you manage to get someone helping from yamaha support, please point them to this thread, they'll may realise they have to do something to fix this long well known bug.
The only solution for me would be that Yamaha update the recovery firmware to be compatible with the last released firmware.
Or provide a guide to reload/downgrade the firmware that would also work or simply correct this fu****g bug in an update.
Vortex01 likes this.
post #323 of 327 Old 04-29-2014, 03:48 AM

Hello,

here is the answer of the Yamaha Europe / french support which is also useless and, not transmitted to US or Japan HQ... :(

Question:

" Bonjour,

mon BD player a un problème de YNC lié au firmware, comme un certain nombre d'utilisateurs de par le monde le reportent sur les modèles BD S1067, BD A1000 et BD A1010. Après redémarrage de la platine à la suite d'une coupure de courant, le YNC ne fonctionne plus et fonctionne de nouveau lors de chaque sortie d'un nouveau firmware. Un utilisateur US a eu un firmware de récupération qui corrige la chose pour la version précédente, mais il faudrait qu'un nouveau firmware de récupération puisse être créé pour le firmware actuel 1.7712. Ce thread décrit les symptomes assez bien (en anglais) et de nombreux utilisateurs sont victimes de ce bug : http://www.avsforum.com/t/1351534/yamaha-bd-a1010-universal-player/300

merci de me tenir informé de l'avancement de ce sujet qui est généralisé à de nombreux appareils / génération d'appareils.

cordialement

Bienvenue au Service Relations Consommateurs de YAMAHA MUSIC EUROPE.

Votre demande a retenu toute notre attention.

Ce qu'a eu cet utilisateur n'est pas 'normal' car ce n'est pas du tout mis à la disposition des particuliers. Dans ce cas il n'y a malheureusement aucune autre solution que soit reporter votre produit à votre revendeur, soit le déposer directement dans l'un de nos Centres Techniques Agréés le plus proche. (liste disponible à cette adresse: http://yamaha-corporation.force.com/dealers/fr_servicecenter)  soit à votre revendeur soit dans un centre technique agréé.

Nous vous souhaitons bonne réception de la présente et vous prions de croire, M. , en l’assurance de nos meilleurs sentiments.

Nous vous rappelons que vous pouvez obtenir des informations concernant nos produits sur le site: http://fr.yamaha.com

Cordialement.

YAMAHA MUSIC EUROPE

Le support consommateurs

ref:_00D20KsYu._50020aN4cE:ref

YAMAHA Music Europe GmbH

Siemensstrasse 22-34

25462 Rellingen

Germany

www.yamaha.com

Geschäftsführer / Managing Directors: Hiroshi Sasaki, Masato Oike Handelsregistereintrag / Court of Registration: Amtsgericht Pinneberg, B5612

post #324 of 327 Old 05-08-2014, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

For us monolingual English readers

" Hello,

My BD player has a problem related to YNC firmware , as a number of users around the world postpone the BD models S1067 , BD and BD A1000 A1010 . After rebooting the plate after a power failure , the YNC no longer works and works again when each new firmware release. A user had a U.S. recovery firmware that corrects the thing for the previous version, but it would take a new firmware recovery can be created for the current firmware 1.7712 . This thread describes the symptoms fairly well ( in English) and many users are affected by this bug: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1351534/yamaha-bd-a1010-universal-player/300

thank you keep me informed on the progress of this matter which is widespread in many devices / appliances generation.

cordially

Welcome to Consumer Service YAMAHA MUSIC EUROPE Relations.

Your request has caught our attention.

What was this user is not ' normal' because it is not available to individuals. In this case unfortunately there is no other solution that is refer your product to your dealer or directly deposited into one of our Technical Centers nearest Chartered . (list available at: http://yamaha-corporation.force.com/dealers/fr_servicecenter ) or your dealer or an Authorized Service Center .

We hope you enjoy receiving this and please believe , Mr. , the assurances of our best feelings.

We remind you that you can get information about our products at: http://fr.yamaha.com

Cordially.

YAMAHA MUSIC EUROPE

The Consumer Support

ref: _00D20KsYu._50020aN4cE : ref

Yamaha Music Europe GmbH
Siemensstrasse 22-34
25462 Rellingen
Germany

www.yamaha.com

Geschäftsführer / Managing Directors : Hiroshi Sasaki, Masato Oike Handelsregistereintrag / Court of Registration: Amtsgericht Pinneberg , B5612
post #325 of 327 Old 05-26-2014, 09:48 AM

Here is the site to download the recovery packages... but it works only for older firmwares... it confirms that this is a firmware or a yamaha player side bug...

http://xchange.yamaha-europe.com/CA-public/%23non%20CA%20products/AV/

post #326 of 327 Old 05-26-2014, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

So I have downloaded, but not installed the latest firmware (unless there is yet another new one out but I am pretty sure I am just one release behind). I haven't ran into any issues so I haven't applied it yet. Would I be better off not applying it in hopes that if I have the control issue that I could do a firmware recovery? Can't you just send this player pack to an older release by flashing the old code, or are they differential on this player. I don't use mine that much, only in the rare occasion that I run into a BD that won't play on my Samsung combo that is my main player. I have it mostly for DVD-Audio/SACD playback. I wish this player did HDCD.
post #327 of 327 Old 05-27-2014, 01:12 AM

Hi Mr Kludge,

i'm outside and not able to answer to the second part of your question but yes, it would be much much better for you to do not upgrade to be able to use the recovery package... If only i could be in your case...

Edit : you are not able to flash with any older firmware, recovery or not...

As i suspect that 1.7712 is the last for our players, it would be a good thing to have a final recovery package...

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Yamaha , Yamaha Bd A1010bl Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players , Yamaha Rx A1000 Receiver , Yamaha Rx V667 Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page