Yamaha BD-A1010 Universal Player - Page 12 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #331 of 338 Old 08-06-2014, 03:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A huge Thank you Bleasel. In holidays, i was trying precisely this morning to send ether commands to my bd player and i found your message. Wonderful, it works perfectly !!!!!!!

Mr Kludge, the problem i s the same for both IOS and android and my wife's android phone works now perfectly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 338 Old 08-10-2014, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Is there a wireless adapter for this?
post #333 of 338 Old 08-10-2014, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
Is there a wireless adapter for this?
Ya, here you go:
http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Wirel...gaming+adapter

Any of theses will do the trick. I have an olden Netgear and also a Linksys but they are both a/b/g only and lack n and haven't had them in operation for about 2.5 year now. No specific adapter from Yamaha that I am aware of.
post #334 of 338 Old 08-11-2014, 05:50 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Will any generic USB adapter work? I have a few netgear ones laying around...
post #335 of 338 Old 08-11-2014, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
Will any generic USB adapter work? I have a few netgear ones laying around...
I wondered that myself, but I do not have one to try. Why don't you give it a whirl and see what happens. Even though this unit has an USB port I doubt that the unit has the code and intelligence to deal with a USB dongle. I have't looked much into it since I intend/intended to just use one of my gaming adapters to use with this puppy, but I haven't had it on the "network" since I bough it. I haven't wanted to muck up my 2.4G wireless with a G device so I just haven't done it yet. Gaming adapters are plentiful now and cheep (compared to the $50-75 I had to shell out for the ones I have now years ago). Looks like they can be had for about the same or less than a decent dongle. My experience in the past with players, STBs, gaming consoles and the like is that there is usually just one or maybe two adapter options that work. Sometimes through the USB and others through another port etc. or even a card slot or such. However you should be able to get any Ethernet to WiFi adapter to work. Back in my old house I had an old Apple wireless network that I used for all my old devices including the gaming adapters. I used MAC level control on that network and it was a big pain and headache to set up since some of the gaming adapters do not have decent documentation or report what the MAC addresses are for the various ports. Once of the ones I have is auto learning and basically works out of the box if you are using "normal" security. I think they somehow hack the wireless network so it can pass traffic. Haven't looked much into the automatic features since I had to go right to the web and/pr telnet programming interfaces to do what I needed to do.

You could also use a laptop computer and use Internet sharing. I have done that a few times with various things. My son uses that for his Xbox through his Apple MacBook. I have a couple old Apple laptops around that I have used the feature on before. It's good for a firmware or software update here and there or maybe if you need BD live with just a movie here and there. Obviously you have to cable everything up and have the laptop on and connected for this to work, but it does and quite well once you get it all programmed correctly. Took me a while to get my sons laptop to play ball. I was programming in too may settings and like many things with Apple products they try to keep it ultra simple and that trips up us tweakers.
post #336 of 338 Old 08-28-2014, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I use the AV Controller on an android; actually that should be androids as it is on an Acer A700, Nook HD+, Nexus 7, & Samsung Tab 2 7. Originally used only on the Tab 2 but then, just because.........

The AV Controller works both in stock tablet OS & custom rom (KitKat 4.4.4).
post #337 of 338 Old 08-28-2014, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleasel View Post
I had the same problem. It appears that port 50100 is closed when it needs to be open.

Yamaha Support in Australia provided a solution.

1. You will need to copy the recovery firmware and copy the "UPG" folder to a USB flash file. (It must have no other file on the drive)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7yl3zs2h7p..._A1010_rev.zip

2. Insert the USB Drive into the Player. On the Player select System>Upgrade> USB Storage

3. After finishing the update, the player will automatically reboot and display "This player requires the firmware update to the latest version"

4. Download the latest firmware officially released form the Yamaha website and copy the "UPG" folder (same name, but different file) to a USB flash file (it must also have no other file on the drive). Don't get the player to download the file.

5. Insert the USB flash drive in the player and again select System>Upgrade> USB Storage

6. The Player will reboot when finished, and hopefully all works. (It did for me, and I had firmware version 1.7712 before and after this process)
THANK YOU!! Will do after doc appt.

Now what happened to the "print" option that used to be available?
post #338 of 338 Old 09-11-2014, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 25
A few nights ago, I was using my VSX-32 to play an SACD on my BDP-52FD converted to PCM so I could take advantage of PQLS. Last night, I started bitstreaming everything to my SC-81. SD DVDs with Dolby Digital were playing fine. However, I seem to be getting skips and audio dropouts when bitstreaming anything hi-res, whether Blu-ray movie audio or pure DSD. I'm starting to think that Pioneer A/V receivers and MediaTek Blu-ray players don't get along when bitstreaming because the last time I bitstreamed something to my VSX-32 with the Yamaha BD-A1010, I got the same issue in the same spot of the movie. I think Pioneer and MediaTek need to start working together so this could be straightened out. One of the reasons I shelled out $1k for the SC-81 was for jitterless bitstreams and to cut down on HDMI bandwidth. I made the mistake a few years ago of giving up on the BDP-52FD, when it turned out to be the best universal player solution for me afterall. I'm not giving up on the SC-81. I really think that once Pioneer and MediaTek colaberate on this and get it straightened out, this issue might come to a good closing.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Yamaha , Yamaha Bd A1010bl Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players , Yamaha Rx A1000 Receiver , Yamaha Rx V667 Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page