Opinions on the Cambridge Audio Azur 751BD - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 126 Old 04-07-2013, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
does the Cambridge Azur 751BD arrival in silver?

Thanks for comments!

klemi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 126 Old 04-20-2013, 12:31 AM

Hi everyone, thanks in advance for your opinions.

have just invested in the 751 mainly for picture quality via hdmi, however I also have a large collection of DVD-a's, SACD AND DTS 96/24. I am blown away with the picture however my Onkyo 608 AVR doesn't have analogue inputs which I believe is the best way to hear audio!

My questions are, can the 751 convert the digital audio from dvd audio and sacd to LPCM/PCM and feed my AVR lossless audio via HDMI, and if so will this be as good as analogue?

Also, I've heard that even when using analogue outs to make use of the 751's on board DACS, some AVR's will convert it back to digital! Do you guys think its worth me reinvesting in a new AVR with analogue inputs and pure direct mode.?

Hopefully, the 751 can convert to PCM and feed my existing Onkyo 608 with lossless audiophile quality music. Please help smile.gif

Thank you, david
post #123 of 126 Old 05-16-2013, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luter1978 View Post

Hi everyone, thanks in advance for your opinions.

have just invested in the 751 mainly for picture quality via hdmi, however I also have a large collection of DVD-a's, SACD AND DTS 96/24. I am blown away with the picture however my Onkyo 608 AVR doesn't have analogue inputs which I believe is the best way to hear audio!

My questions are, can the 751 convert the digital audio from dvd audio and sacd to LPCM/PCM and feed my AVR lossless audio via HDMI, and if so will this be as good as analogue?

Also, I've heard that even when using analogue outs to make use of the 751's on board DACS, some AVR's will convert it back to digital! Do you guys think its worth me reinvesting in a new AVR with analogue inputs and pure direct mode.?

Hopefully, the 751 can convert to PCM and feed my existing Onkyo 608 with lossless audiophile quality music. Please help smile.gif

Thank you, david

I'm not sure on the conversion question but I know the new Cambridge 65x, 75x series would have 7.1 analogue in. My CA 650R does. I run HDMI for videa and 5.1 analogue out of my 751BD. Vast tonal difference from running audio via HDMI and in my opinion, more brightness less sparkle (which I like) - more of an analogue sound and I believe better detail, ambiance and separation.

Hope that is useful!

- - CA 751BD - - CA 650R - - Emotiva XPA-5 - - Velodyne DD18 - - Dali Concept 8's, Center, 1's - - Klark Teknik DN360 GEQs - - Van Den Hul, Kordz & Emotiva interconnects - - LG 60" FHD Plasma - -
post #124 of 126 Old 05-30-2013, 10:57 AM

Hi just one comment to that.

I have auditioned both the oppo 95 and CA 751 and there was no disagreement between a few of us that CA has much better performance in stereo. For the moment I own an emotiva umc1 along with upa700 and the CA751bd and every time I listen to a dvd I realise that music is far more energic/dynamic via HDMI than via 7.1 analog.

However I must admit that I only listen to CD via the dedicated stereo outputs.

Best from Hungary

Emotiva UMC1
Emotiva UPA 700
CA 751 Bd
Quad 22L2
post #125 of 126 Old 05-08-2014, 08:48 PM

Did support for sacd-r drop now that there's an update dated may 1, 2014?
post #126 of 126 Old 05-09-2014, 05:05 AM

Has sacd-r playback been eliminated on the 751bd?

xxxx - 09/05/2014 04:04

Query History

Dear Sir, thanks for your inquiry.
Yes it has. It and BD-ISO were removed from the blu ray standard. Unfortunately it is no longer possible for us to license our Blu-Ray players with these file playback formats. This licensing change applies retrospectively and as such as well as removing this format from new players, we have had to remove it from units that have already been sold. This is the first time that we have ever had to do this and we are aware that it may be frustrating for people who have been using this feature prior to this software release. Please be assured that we did not take this decision lightly. The penalties for continuing to allow playback are very severe and would have a serious effect on the company if we were caught and punished.

As this is a change brought about by licensing requirements we cannot supply the old firmware and any future firmware updates will continue to have this feature removed.

I am sorry I cannot be more help in this instance.
Ed Selley

Ed Selley - 09/05/2014 09:13
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Cambridge Audio , Cambridge Audio Azur 751bd 3d Compatible Universal Blu Ray Player Black , Blu Ray Players
Gear in this thread - 751bd by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page