Help with Audio for Panasonic DMP-BDT210 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-12-2011, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm trying to run the audio from my blu-ray player through my old stereo amplifier. The blu-ray player has the red and white RCA out sockets, and obviously the amp has the audio in sockets, but no sound is coming through .... Any help / suggestions gratefully received!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2011, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Check the manual. How are your video connections made? You may need to turn off HDMI audio out and possibly digital audio out if you want to use the old analog connections. The manual shows analog audio coupled with composite video. The problem here is you are missing the high quality of the Blu-ray audio if you only only using the analog outputs. You might be better of upgrading your old stereo amplfier...
Old 09-12-2011, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wessew10 View Post

Check the manual. How are your video connections made? You may need to turn off HDMI audio out and possibly digital audio out if you want to use the old analog connections. The manual shows analog audio coupled with composite video. The problem here is you are missing the high quality of the Blu-ray audio if you only only using the analog outputs. You might be better of upgrading your old stereo amplfier...

Thanks. I connect the blu-ray to the TV via HDMI, but am having to move my stereo amplifier and CD player etc to under the TV as we're downsizing. I figured it would be good to run the cable box, blu-ray etc through the stereo to get better sound than I currently get through just my TV.

I'll try turning the HDMI audio out off and the digital audio out off too.

Apologies for the basic questions, but I'm a novice with this stuff. Does it matter what setting I have for PCM / Bitstream etc?
Old 09-12-2011, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
If you enable 24P video playback you disable the analog audio output of the player.

Also, after the mods lock this thread, post all your questions in the owners thread located here.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1318879
Old 09-12-2011, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie1617 View Post

If you enable 24P video playback you disable the analog audio output of the player.

Also, after the mods lock this thread, post all your questions in the owners thread located here.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1318879

Great, thanks

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bdt210 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Panasonic 3d Blu Ray Player Dmp Bdt210 , Panasonic 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player Dmp Bdt210