Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #601 of 618 Old 09-27-2013, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 132
With the TV on HDMI-1 input and the receiver on BD input, you get video but no audio, correct?

If correct, what happen when you turn off the TV and leave the receiver on? Do you get audio now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 618 Old 09-27-2013, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If I turn the TV off I will get sound or if I unplug the HDMI cable going from the reciever monitor out to the TV I am able to get both sound and video.
post #603 of 618 Old 09-27-2013, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 132
You might be experiencing HDMI handshake issue. Try cycling the TV back on to see if the audio remain on.

Or try certain power on sequence like TV, receiver and then bluray or bluray, receiver and then TV or receiver, bluray and then TV, etc...
post #604 of 618 Old 01-04-2014, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After a year and a half of suffering with the the BDP-53FD, Pioneer has finally released a firmware, 3.24 which took care of my multiple issues:

Having to power cycle the unit frequently to get CDs and Blu-Ray disc to recognize.
Terrible lag time opening the tray.
Inconsistent start up performance.

It took awhile, but I'm finally satisfied with this unit.
post #605 of 618 Old 08-25-2014, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Sometime between today and tomorrow, I should be able to test the new Elite BDP-80FD (which seems to be a Pioneer BDP-170 for double the cost). Due to some discrepancies between its online product detail page, PDF brochure, and PDF manual, I think the manual has a typo and that neither player really has PQLS. Here's what I don't like. When I phoned Pioneer of USA regarding the BDP-80FD and explained my suspitions. They put me on hold for five to ten minutes so they could check with the engineers. The rep came back with a confirmation that the BDP-80FD does support PQLS. However, when I e-mailed Pioneer of Europe regarding the BDP-170 and explained my suspitions, I had to wait about two weeks for a response. They also checked with the engineers, and when they responded, they told me that the BDP-170 does not support PQLS. Here's the bottom line. I will be using the new player with the Elite VSX-32 receiver. So I'll have to set HDMI Control to On on the player and receiver. On the player, I'll have to set HDMI Audio to PCM. On the receiver, I'll have to set PQLS to Auto. If PQLS doesn't work, I'll be returning the BDP-80FD. Because I'm more than fifty percent sure that PQLS will not work with the BDP-80FD, I already began looking for a BDP-52FD. I'll live with the poor remote sensor. If anyone plans on getting rid of a 52, please PM me via AVS. Let me know your PayPal e-mail, asking price, and whether the player has been modified (multi-region IR hack, custom firmware, multi-region hardware, etc.) or has not been modified (original or latest Pioneer firmware). I would prefer an unmodified player with factory firmware between the earliest and latest version. I'd feel more comfortable doing the mods myself. Of course, if I turn out to be wrong about the BDP-80FD (which I hope I am), I will post a follow-up to this. Thanks, guys.
post #606 of 618 Old 08-25-2014, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 414
I hope that's the case. There such as the DMP-BDT700 (Pana) in North America is not THX certified but the UK version is. Sony BDP-S6200 in the NA have DSEE but in the UK the same model doesn't have DSEE.

I really want to go back in buying Pioneer BD player again, but it's kinda difficult when the value is no longer there (at the moment).

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #607 of 618 Old 08-25-2014, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Last I saw, The Panasonic BDT700 wasn't available in the US.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #608 of 618 Old 08-25-2014, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

I saw preliminary unit for planned US release (I don't know whether they'll finally bring it in or not) but the unit I saw didn't have the THX logo I'd buy it for the logo

post #609 of 618 Old 08-25-2014, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post
I hope that's the case. There such as the DMP-BDT700 (Pana) in North America is not THX certified but the UK version is. Sony BDP-S6200 in the NA have DSEE but in the UK the same model doesn't have DSEE.

I really want to go back in buying Pioneer BD player again, but it's kinda difficult when the value is no longer there (at the moment).
What is DSEE?
post #610 of 618 Old 08-25-2014, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Digital Sound Enhancement Engine

post #611 of 618 Old 08-25-2014, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

My BDP-80FD arrived today. I tested it and PQLS doesn't work, so it's going back to PUSA. So it looks like I'll be getting one of the discontinued players, either the BDP-52FD, BDP-53FD, or BDP-62FD.
post #612 of 618 Old 08-26-2014, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 147
how do you know its not working ? the BDP-80FD is not compatible with PQLS! but pioneer's clock is very reliable anyway ...so you should not have any jitter at all , can you explain? your reasons for your return
David Susilo likes this.

loves...home theather/music/football:)

Last edited by pioneertop; 08-26-2014 at 09:13 AM.
post #613 of 618 Old 08-26-2014, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Easy, the PQLS light on the receiver is not on.

post #614 of 618 Old 08-26-2014, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 147
The BDP-80FD is not compatible with PQLS David ...its does not carry it sorry the AVR will not light-up

loves...home theather/music/football:)
post #615 of 618 Old 08-26-2014, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneertop View Post
The BDP-80FD is not compatible with PQLS David ...its does not carry it sorry the AVR will not light-up
You didn't get an 80FD, did you? If you don't like it, I hope you can return it. It's a fine player when sold as the BDP-170 for $150, but I don't understand why Pioneer sold it under the Elite brand for double the price without adding any extras.
post #616 of 618 Old 08-26-2014, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

I just ordered a BDP-52FD on ebay from someone who was selling it by itself, as opposed to bundling it with the VSX-521.
post #617 of 618 Old 08-26-2014, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneertop View Post
how do you know its not working ? the BDP-80FD is not compatible with PQLS! but pioneer's clock is very reliable anyway ...so you should not have any jitter at all , can you explain? your reasons for your return
It is true. Pioneer receiver jitter value is at 15 pico second, the absolute best amongst any receiver available. Other receivers have jitter values of 200+ pico second or higher (some as high as 700 pico second)
pioneertop likes this.

post #618 of 618 Old 09-11-2014, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

A few nights ago, I was using my VSX-32 to play an SACD on my BDP-52FD converted to PCM so I could take advantage of PQLS. Last night, I started bitstreaming everything to my SC-81. SD DVDs with Dolby Digital were playing fine. However, I seem to be getting skips and audio dropouts when bitstreaming anything hi-res, whether Blu-ray movie audio or pure DSD. I'm starting to think that Pioneer A/V receivers and MediaTek Blu-ray players don't get along when bitstreaming because the last time I bitstreamed something to my VSX-32 with the Yamaha BD-A1010, I got the same issue in the same spot of the movie. I think Pioneer and MediaTek need to start working together so this could be straightened out. One of the reasons I shelled out $1k for the SC-81 was for jitterless bitstreams and to cut down on HDMI bandwidth. I made the mistake a few years ago of giving up on the BDP-52FD, when it turned out to be the best universal player solution for me afterall. I'm not giving up on the SC-81. I really think that once Pioneer and MediaTek colaberate on this and get it straightened out, this issue might come to a good closing.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Elite , Blu Ray Players , Bdp 52fd , Pioneer Elite Bdp 53fd

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page