Originally Posted by They_call_me_Roto
In the next gen Oppo players, I have a few requests:
1) Keep the top shelf DACs in the --5 model
2) Add a pitch control for music listening. I would want this to be a small rotating knob on the player, not something that has to be accessed on screen via the setup menu using the remote. I want to be able to reach out and tweak it instantly. Yeah yeah yeah I know that the Oppo players have very good clocking on board, but maybe my ears and brain work on a different timescale.
3) Add a feature that is a throwback to CD players of days past - the ability to program a playlist for a music disc that is being played.
4) Add a basic web browser so that I can go to websites like Vimeo or GoPro to get videos that are better visual quality than the mass of junk on YouTube.
5) Keep Darbee, I like it!
6) Keep all the inputs! I really like that the player has coax and toslink inputs so I can feed music through the player from my digital collection on my computer.
7) This wish is something I wish the Oppo players could do, but I realize that this is not Oppo's fault, it is weak app development from the services that Oppo offers on board. I really wish that I could use a USB keyboard with YouTube, Netflix, etc to search for items quickly, rather than having to use the remote to slowly toggle in each character for a search.
1) More than likely I would think that's a given.
2) Huh? Do you mean like treble/bass tone controls? I would not know why you would want to manipulate the "pitch" of you music.
I don't understand that request at all.
3) Not likely. Most people these days are using external software like Jriver and the like so play their custom music preferences.
4) Not likely. However you can just run the HDMI input from another source directly into the player.
It's not practical for BD player, or even a more advanced player like an Oppo to have that.
It's just too much for one device to handle and all the trouble that comes with it.
Other streaming devices have tons of that kind of stuff and again can be run through the player if you desire to do that.
5) Most likely yes. Most people do too including me.
6) Most likely yes. That is an excellent feature for the higher end model.
7) I know it's already possible to use a keyboard with the player for some things.
I am not sure to what extent though, as I have never tried but I should put that on my list of things to do.
I HATE typing in searches and passwords with the remote since it's very cumbersome and time consuming.