What features would you like in your next Oppo BR - e.g. Oppo BDP-113 and BDP-115. - Page 39 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 24Likes

post #1141 of 1141 Old Today, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharok View Post
I wont count on Atmos or Auro since there are just a limited number of people who can use such setup in their homes. Why would Oppo increase the cost of their players for a very very limited number of people? It just doesn't make sense.
A few number of people buy the Oppo in general. They added 7.1 to the 103, if they didn't, they could bring the cost down also. So, why would they not try to add Atmos to it? They added the darbee to the 103 and 105. I'm sure if they can make a profit, they will try. You can pick up a BD player for less than $100 but that has not stopped Oppo from putting out a $1300 BD player. I think when anyone say why would they incorporate something that so few people use to a product like the Oppo is a little silly. Its a very expensive player that a limited number a people buy anyways. I definitely would not be surprised if they added Atmos or Auro 3D to it. I would not be surprised if they didn't. Adding $200-$300 to the cost of the player is not going to hurt them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page