What features would you like in your next Oppo BR - e.g. Oppo BDP-113 and BDP-115. - Page 43 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


View Poll Results: DIRAC Live Software
Yes 61 64.89%
No 33 35.11%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 77Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1261 of 1409 Old 01-13-2015, 03:38 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharok View Post
That is a two unit solution. You can use Oppo 103/105 with a surround processor to do the same thing, no reason to wait for the future model. If Oppo implements a room correction in the 113/115, it will be one unit (one box) doing it all. IMHO, it still be cheaper than purchasing two boxes.
...and a lot less mess! People going for an OPPO as a Processor are looking for simplicity if I'm not mistaken :-)

Also I expect miniDSP would reduce the sonic abilities of the good BDP-115 DACs to some degree as its a whole new box (with cheap PSU and resistors etc) requiring additional Interconnects? No offence intended to the good Sir chipping in regarding this device however.

Have been playing with the WD TV Live and this is really good....and so cheap too!!!! Come on OPPO, it's about time you put in a nice polished interface with good Gracenote integration and some customisable Networking locations and more Services (Amazon Prime, Spotify and all that stuff that these penny vendors are able to)!
ti33er is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1262 of 1409 Old 01-13-2015, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
steveting99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,674
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 811 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharok View Post
That is a two unit solution. You can use Oppo 103/105 with a surround processor to do the same thing, no reason to wait for the future model. If Oppo implements a room correction in the 113/115, it will be one unit (one box) doing it all. IMHO, it still be cheaper than purchasing two boxes.
The cost and engineering a complex/effective room correction system is not trivial. I would not be surprised that the next release from Oppo wont have it. At best maybe Oppo will implement a 3 to 6 band PEQ on a per channel basis - most likely to the analogue section. This would correct only the frequency response but not in the time domain.

An external box solution like the miniDSP DDRC-88A seems logical. It allows one to apply room correction that is independent of the up-stream audio chain such as the receiver or pre/pro or universal blu-ray player, etc. It would sit in the correct part of the audio chain, where the bass management, volume control and tones are done up-stream.

If you connect the future Oppo with both HDMI and analogue pre-outs to your receiver or pre/pro, will it apply correction filters for the analogue signals? Most wont.

Most of the issues for room correction are at 500Hz and below.

Maranatz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP(2x4), Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8 (on order), HiMedia Q16 (on order).
steveting99 is offline  
post #1263 of 1409 Old 01-19-2015, 08:33 AM
Member
 
linger63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Adjustable output voltage settings for better compatibility with power amps regarding DIRECT connection and allowing use of volume control through wider range.
linger63 is offline  
post #1264 of 1409 Old 01-28-2015, 07:01 PM
Senior Member
 
dnoonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Seattle, WA area
Posts: 407
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Next OPPO should have something like Giraffic Adaptive Video Acceleration, Giraffic Adaptive Video Acceleration at CES 2015. It likely has something like it already but it could use some improvement.
Cheers,
dnoonie is online now  
post #1265 of 1409 Old 01-28-2015, 07:32 PM
Member
 
hexomega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Central MA
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Not sure if this has been posted already, but two digital inputs (e.g. Toslink and Coax) that could be decoded using the internal DACs would make using the Oppo as a preamp that much more feasible for those of us with few sources.
hexomega is offline  
post #1266 of 1409 Old 01-28-2015, 08:12 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group
 
gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 8,050
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexomega View Post
Not sure if this has been posted already, but two digital inputs (e.g. Toslink and Coax) that could be decoded using the internal DACs would make using the Oppo as a preamp that much more feasible for those of us with few sources.
The BDP-105/105D already have this - they have Toslink, and Coax digital inputs, 2 HDMI inputs, and a USB DAC input.
gsr is offline  
post #1267 of 1409 Old 01-28-2015, 08:13 PM
Member
 
hexomega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Central MA
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
The BDP-105/105D already have this - they have Toslink, and Coax digital inputs, 2 HDMI inputs, and a USB DAC input.
Cool, thank you!
hexomega is offline  
post #1268 of 1409 Old 01-28-2015, 08:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Posts: 290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 35
They need to get the hdmi switching to be faster and have more hdmi and digital inputs and let us pick which video we want to watch with what audio input...XLRouts for multichannel. ..figure out a way to get multi channel 5.1 audio over usb a connection
JimSatala777 is offline  
post #1269 of 1409 Old 01-28-2015, 11:10 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 29,288
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 935 Post(s)
Liked: 676
It may have already been mentioned, but fixing the audio muting problem when resuming from paused content on the HDMI inputs.
Keenan is online now  
post #1270 of 1409 Old 02-06-2015, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter
boe
AVS Special Member
 
boe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,960
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 157
It's been a while since we've seen new firmware or apps for the Oppo. I'm not complaining, I'm just curious if they're start to focus on their next BD player. Frankly I hope they are. I really want a quality mkv streaming device and frankly from what I've read there isn't anything that really meets my needs.


1. RJ45 input - like the Oppo has
2. Works with IR remote - like the Oppo does so I can keep using my Harmony One
3 Handles DTS MA and TrueHD like the Oppo does but also handles streamed LPCM which the Oppo does not.
4 Handles forced subtitles for streamed MKVs - this really is the biggest upgrade I'm hoping for with the next Oppo.
5 Handles 4K streamed MKVs - OK this is a close tie with forced subs.


While I love my oppo, I'd be willing to stray if I could find a better streamer.
boe is offline  
post #1271 of 1409 Old 02-06-2015, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jima4a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 85
I will keep trying (3rd post?) but make a serious music player by joining with J River or similar to have a great interface and playback of digital music files.
jima4a is online now  
post #1272 of 1409 Old 02-09-2015, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
steveting99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,674
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 811 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Would like to see the new Oppo implement bass management in the digital domain as well as the analogue outputs. Also allow delays and trims in the digital domain as well as the analogue outputs.

Maranatz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP(2x4), Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8 (on order), HiMedia Q16 (on order).
steveting99 is offline  
post #1273 of 1409 Old 02-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Member
 
mikepos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
Would like to see the new Oppo implement bass management in the digital domain as well as the analogue outputs. Also allow delays and trims in the digital domain as well as the analogue outputs.
Yes, I second that

Oppo BDP-105
Bryston 3B-ST 2ch on mains, Lexicon 512 5ch
PSB Stratus Gold mains, C6i center
Rythmik FV15HP
Paradigm ADP-370 surrounds
cheap energy rear speakers
mikepos is offline  
post #1274 of 1409 Old 02-10-2015, 01:52 PM
Read the FAQ!
 
Bob Pariseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 28,624
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 923 Post(s)
Liked: 1141
^ OK, curious. Why? You can't use digital audio output except through an AVR or prepro. What would you like the OPPO to do that the AVR or prepro does not already do?
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Bob Pariseau is online now  
post #1275 of 1409 Old 02-10-2015, 02:00 PM
Member
 
mikepos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ OK, curious. Why? You can't use digital audio output except through an AVR or prepro. What would you like the OPPO to do that the AVR or prepro does not already do?
--Bob
MiniDSP is coming out with an HDMI in Dirac Live room correction module with analog out. They currently have an analog in/out module for the same but I'd be interested in comparing the DAC in the 105 and the MiniDSP, including the saving of a complete ADA conversion with the extra cables. It was a long day at work, does that make sense?

Oppo BDP-105
Bryston 3B-ST 2ch on mains, Lexicon 512 5ch
PSB Stratus Gold mains, C6i center
Rythmik FV15HP
Paradigm ADP-370 surrounds
cheap energy rear speakers
mikepos is offline  
post #1276 of 1409 Old 02-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Read the FAQ!
 
Bob Pariseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 28,624
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 923 Post(s)
Liked: 1141
Kinda sorta: Room Correction inherently includes bass management, and in some cases also includes phase adjustment (which is a function of speaker distance) along with volume trims. If the player is futzing with those then that will undercut what the Room Correction algorithm is trying to do.

If your intent was just to use it as an external DAC, without Room Correction, then there's a case to be made for Room Correction (or a simpler style of bass management) being done upstream of the DAC.

Also understand that this would have to be done in LPCM. You can't do processing like this on a DTS-HD MA stream (for example) without decoding it to LPCM first, and it is unlikely consumer priced electronics would be able to re-encode the results back into lossless (DTS-HD MA) "on the fly". So if you tried to send Bitstream to the DAC you'd likely get something such as lossy DTS as the result of the re-encode.

There's also the question of whether speaker configuration settings need to be in both places. Typically what happens in the HDMI handshake for LPCM is that the receiving device asks for the max capability signal it can get, and the source only modifies the content if that's less than what's in the content.

So for example if the DAC can accept 7.1, then it gets 7.1 even if the speaker configuration set up in the DAC is 5.1, or even tricker, 5.0. If the player is going to do base management, it needs to know the actual speaker configuration (5.1 or 5.0 in this example). If the DAC allows more than one input, then it ALSO needs speaker configuration settings for that other input.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Bob Pariseau is online now  
post #1277 of 1409 Old 02-10-2015, 11:46 PM
Newbie
 
podo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Remote feature

Hi all,
I was wondering, if it would be possible to improve the possibilities of the IR remote control (or the USB driver..?).
On my Oppo HA-1 (working as pure USB DAC) I can use the RC buttons play, pause, next, previous to control my Foobar player running on the PC. On the BDP 105 I can not, the only useful buttons (when used as USB DAC) are volume controls.
It would be nice to have the same functionality, as with the HA-1...

Podo.
podo22 is offline  
post #1278 of 1409 Old 02-11-2015, 02:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
steveting99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,674
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 811 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
Kinda sorta: Room Correction inherently includes bass management, and in some cases also includes phase adjustment (which is a function of speaker distance) along with volume trims. If the player is futzing with those then that will undercut what the Room Correction algorithm is trying to do.

If your intent was just to use it as an external DAC, without Room Correction, then there's a case to be made for Room Correction (or a simpler style of bass management) being done upstream of the DAC.

Also understand that this would have to be done in LPCM. You can't do processing like this on a DTS-HD MA stream (for example) without decoding it to LPCM first, and it is unlikely consumer priced electronics would be able to re-encode the results back into lossless (DTS-HD MA) "on the fly". So if you tried to send Bitstream to the DAC you'd likely get something such as lossy DTS as the result of the re-encode.

There's also the question of whether speaker configuration settings need to be in both places. Typically what happens in the HDMI handshake for LPCM is that the receiving device asks for the max capability signal it can get, and the source only modifies the content if that's less than what's in the content.

So for example if the DAC can accept 7.1, then it gets 7.1 even if the speaker configuration set up in the DAC is 5.1, or even tricker, 5.0. If the player is going to do base management, it needs to know the actual speaker configuration (5.1 or 5.0 in this example). If the DAC allows more than one input, then it ALSO needs speaker configuration settings for that other input.
--Bob
Bob,

Would it be hard for Oppo to have a tick box in the analogue speaker setup page where bass management is available so as to copy across to the digital/LPCM domain? Understand that bass management would only work if LPCM mode is enabled. Some warning can be given to disable bass management to downstream AVR.

Maranatz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP(2x4), Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8 (on order), HiMedia Q16 (on order).
steveting99 is offline  
post #1279 of 1409 Old 02-11-2015, 08:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Smarty-pants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16,688
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by podo22 View Post
Hi all,
I was wondering, if it would be possible to improve the possibilities of the IR remote control (or the USB driver..?).
On my Oppo HA-1 (working as pure USB DAC) I can use the RC buttons play, pause, next, previous to control my Foobar player running on the PC. On the BDP 105 I can not, the only useful buttons (when used as USB DAC) are volume controls.
It would be nice to have the same functionality, as with the HA-1...

Podo.
FYI, you do currently have the option of using the Media Control App with devices like smartphone,
tablet, iPod... both iOS and Android, to control the BDP-10x(D) players.
Transferring the HA-1 functionality to a future player is a good suggestion though.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
Smarty-pants is offline  
post #1280 of 1409 Old 02-11-2015, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 3,404
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2067 Post(s)
Liked: 524
New OPPO UHD/4k Player, info released??!

Sent OPPO an email today asking about their plans for a UHD player, they replied just a few minutes ago. The answer is YES, they are currently developing a UHD model, but heres the bad part, it wont be released until late 2016/early 2017, exact words. So looks like its gonna be a while i was personally hoping for first half of 2016.

TV; SAMSUNG 65 HU9000(current) SAMSUNG 65 8550 4k (30 days) SONY XBR65X850B 4k(owned for 2 weeks), previous was SAMSUNG 65 7100
AVR: Sony 7.2 1040
Blu Ray: Oppo 103D
ray0414 is online now  
post #1281 of 1409 Old 02-11-2015, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Toknowshita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,238
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Heck there is no content yet. Oppo didn't even release a BD player until the format war had been decided.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toknowshita is offline  
post #1282 of 1409 Old 02-11-2015, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator
 
teachsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 5,470
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 234
When Oppo makes an official announcement, we'll start a new thread. Probably Bob.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
teachsac is offline  
post #1283 of 1409 Old 02-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Member
 
raif71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I would like some media control parental guidance for example nudity, violence, bad language etc. What I would like is that I would watch a bluray or any media file and program to bypass those "offending" instances and able to store in the player or usb-disk as some sort of control file. So, the next time I play the movie, I would be able to choose said file and depending on the audience able to censor parts of the movie. These files then can then be shared between OPPO owners to be used as necessary.
raif71 is offline  
post #1284 of 1409 Old 02-11-2015, 06:13 PM
Senior Member
 
classicrecording's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 289
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by raif71 View Post
I would like some media control parental guidance for example nudity, violence, bad language etc. What I would like is that I would watch a bluray or any media file and program to bypass those "offending" instances and able to store in the player or usb-disk as some sort of control file. So, the next time I play the movie, I would be able to choose said file and depending on the audience able to censor parts of the movie. These files then can then be shared between OPPO owners to be used as necessary.
Good idea. I understand that someone used to make an outboard unit that would mute certain words for family viewing. I don't know if it is still around.
classicrecording is offline  
post #1285 of 1409 Old 02-11-2015, 09:19 PM
Senior Member
 
dnoonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Seattle, WA area
Posts: 407
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
Sent OPPO an email today asking about their plans for a UHD player, they replied just a few minutes ago. The answer is YES, they are currently developing a UHD model, but heres the bad part, it wont be released until late 2016/early 2017, exact words. So looks like its gonna be a while i was personally hoping for first half of 2016.
I was expecting/hoping for late-mid 2016 (early 3rd quarter).

If UHD movies with p3 or 2020 color space aren't available then it doesn't matter to me. I don't see higher resolution alone as a big enough incentive to purchase UHD disks, they need improved color as well. So I'm only slightly disappointed since compelling UHD disks might not be available anyway.

Even if compelling UHD disks aren't available I'd still get a new OPPO since my 93 is showing it's age. I expect the new OPPO to have improvements other than playing UHD disks.

Cheers,

Last edited by dnoonie; 02-13-2015 at 02:36 PM.
dnoonie is online now  
post #1286 of 1409 Old 02-12-2015, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SeeMoreDigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Notts, UK
Posts: 2,071
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
Sent OPPO an email today asking about their plans for a UHD player, they replied just a few minutes ago. The answer is YES, they are currently developing a UHD model, but heres the bad part, it wont be released until late 2016/early 2017, exact words. So looks like its gonna be a while i was personally hoping for first half of 2016.
Indeed...

Grant D posted much the same information over in the Official OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Owner's Thread...

I'm still hoping that Oppo will also offer a high-spec media player without a disc drive

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear
SeeMoreDigital is online now  
post #1287 of 1409 Old 02-12-2015, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jima4a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Indeed...

Grant D posted much the same information over in the Official OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Owner's Thread...

I'm still hoping that Oppo will also offer a high-spec media player without a disc drive
I am okay with the disk drive or not, but yes on a high-spec media player ASAP. With multichannel output and DACs.
jima4a is online now  
post #1288 of 1409 Old 02-12-2015, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RWetmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Brick, New Jersey
Posts: 3,464
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Support for the playback of DSD 128x files.
RWetmore is offline  
post #1289 of 1409 Old 02-19-2015, 05:50 AM
Senior Member
 
rakosnicek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
It's been a while since we've seen new firmware or apps for the Oppo. I'm not complaining, I'm just curious if they're start to focus on their next BD player. Frankly I hope they are. I really want a quality mkv streaming device and frankly from what I've read there isn't anything that really meets my needs.


1. RJ45 input - like the Oppo has
2. Works with IR remote - like the Oppo does so I can keep using my Harmony One
3 Handles DTS MA and TrueHD like the Oppo does but also handles streamed LPCM which the Oppo does not.
4 Handles forced subtitles for streamed MKVs - this really is the biggest upgrade I'm hoping for with the next Oppo.
5 Handles 4K streamed MKVs - OK this is a close tie with forced subs.


While I love my oppo, I'd be willing to stray if I could find a better streamer.
Yes, exactly this!
rakosnicek is offline  
post #1290 of 1409 Old 02-19-2015, 06:33 PM
Senior Member
 
rakosnicek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
...
1. RJ45 input - like the Oppo has
2. Works with IR remote - like the Oppo does so I can keep using my Harmony One
3 Handles DTS MA and TrueHD like the Oppo does but also handles streamed LPCM which the Oppo does not.
4 Handles forced subtitles for streamed MKVs - this really is the biggest upgrade I'm hoping for with the next Oppo.
5 Handles 4K streamed MKVs - OK this is a close tie with forced subs.
...
I'm going to give the WD-TV appliance a go. It will do (1), (2) and (4). Not sure about (3) and definitely no for (5).

However at $99, there's no real obstacle to buying one and taking it for a test drive.
rakosnicek is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc Bdp 105

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off