What features would you like in your next Oppo BR - e.g. Oppo BDP-113 and BDP-115. - Page 46 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

View Poll Results: DIRAC Live Software
Yes 50 64.94%
No 27 35.06%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 57Likes
post #1351 of 1359 Unread 03-26-2015, 04:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanlee View Post
Well it sucks cause I'm either going to have to wait well over a year after players hit the market for a 4K blu ray player or spend the money on a stop gap 4K player while my Oppo 95 is still plugged in for Audio DLNA duty.

Back in 2009 Oppo was not nearly as established or had as many resources as they are now so their was a reason they were late to the Blu-Ray game. But being a year late now seems like an over sight.

Just a bummer all around
Get over it!!! There are many things in life considerably more important than having the latest/greatest A/V gear.
Bill Mac likes this.

Custom, one of a kind pair, MJC212 mains, mod PT800 center, PT800 surrounds, SUB1500s. Parasound P7, Citation 19, Parasound HCA2205A, HK AVR3600, Marantz TT, Denon disc player, MacBook Pro w/ DragonFly DAC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 1359 Unread 03-26-2015, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter
boe
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Well it sucks cause I'm either going to have to wait well over a year after players hit the market for a 4K blu ray player or spend the money on a stop gap 4K player while my Oppo 95 is still plugged in for Audio DLNA duty.

Back in 2009 Oppo was not nearly as established or had as many resources as they are now so their was a reason they were late to the Blu-Ray game. But being a year late now seems like an over sight.

Just a bummer all around
I think the issue is Oppo will either have to put in a very flexible streaming media player in their next disc player or they'll have to consider offering 2 different units - one more focused on being a great disc player and another which has no disc capabilities but is a great streaming device.
post #1353 of 1359 Unread 03-26-2015, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DHD View Post
Get over it!!! There are many things in life considerably more important than having the latest/greatest A/V gear.

Considering this is an AVS forum this is the place to dicuss these things, gees you need to chill. It is certainly a vlid opinion that it is a real bummer that Oppo is not going to release a 4K blu ray player for potentially another 2 years.
post #1354 of 1359 Unread 03-26-2015, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Considering this is an AVS forum this is the place to dicuss these things, gees you need to chill. It is certainly a vlid opinion that it is a real bummer that Oppo is not going to release a 4K blu ray player for potentially another 2 years.
You have that backwards, I am not the one getting upset cause I can not upgrade today. That would be you.
I take the attitude, gear shows up, when it shows up.

Its the companies who rush things out the door to grab the first buck to be made that usually have the worst performance.
As opposed to a company like Oppo who provide good quality cause they do not rush the progress of a new piece of gear.

I am patiently waiting for true 4K TVs to show up where I live...if they do, great, if not, I won't lose any sleep over it.
That is about as chill as one can get.

Custom, one of a kind pair, MJC212 mains, mod PT800 center, PT800 surrounds, SUB1500s. Parasound P7, Citation 19, Parasound HCA2205A, HK AVR3600, Marantz TT, Denon disc player, MacBook Pro w/ DragonFly DAC.
post #1355 of 1359 Unread 03-28-2015, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DHD View Post
Please save your negative comments for the hardware not the person.
post #1356 of 1359 Unread 04-16-2015, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
I suppose the question is, what will they release in the mean time - if anything?
post #1357 of 1359 Unread 04-16-2015, 10:32 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 951 Post(s)
Liked: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakosnicek View Post
I suppose the question is, what will they release in the mean time - if anything?
They've been doing personal audio products that are getting good reviews. The public's interest in Blu-ray players is kind of dead until 4K appears. I doubt if you'll see a new model before then.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    

Last edited by wmcclain; 04-16-2015 at 10:43 AM.
post #1358 of 1359 Unread 04-16-2015, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Hopefully a 105 type player with a more dedicated music file player with a good interface. Also include MQA.
post #1359 of 1359 Unread Today, 04:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 22
^^^ +1 for MQA support!

In general, I hope the stick to the core of what they are good at, which is a great source device for Video and Audio.

If they want to continue to have two models, that's fine and the 105 replacement can have the basics for a simple single-box system (assuming active speakers). But all this talk of adding DRC and more and more pre-pro features is not a great direction as it adds serious complexity and dilutes the focus of the product.

For the 103-class product, I just want a good quality media streamer, excellent physical media support (all the current ones + UHD) and HDMI 2.0 outputs (2 w/split A/V). That's it, no boatload of other, unrelated stuff.

Great products have a focus and whatever features they do have are well implemented and eay to use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc Bdp 105