What features would you like in your next Oppo BR - e.g. Oppo BDP-113 and BDP-115. - Page 65 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

View Poll Results: DIRAC Live Software
Yes 141 61.84%
No 87 38.16%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 223Likes

post #1921 of 1935 Old 08-15-2016, 12:58 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I am getting hyped about this.......I gots to know!

If this Oppo is $899US......that will be bad new for Canadians......maybe I would have to consider the cheaper of the two Panasonic's (that does not have the analogue outputs), if it is also released in Canada. I am a huge Oppo fan though and would prefer that the Canadian dollar goes up before this new Oppo 103 replacement is released.
atabea likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1922 of 1935 Old 08-15-2016, 01:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 210
No one has announced any pricing. This $899 or maybe $799 is merely guessing in the dark.

The BDP-83 through BDP-103D has only gone up $100. But now with new devices, loaders and so on, who knows?

Oppo Beta Group
post #1923 of 1935 Old 08-19-2016, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 1926
Quote:
Originally Posted by luismanrara View Post
I hope your birdies are wrong. I would also like to tell Oppo not to get carried away, they may start loosing their luster and unit movement numbers in a hurry.
I've tried the Samsung, Xbone S and the Philips. I still have two of those three and I can tell you this:

If they can make one device that can reliably play back UHD discs and 1080p Blu-ray, as well as offering Amazon, Vudu and Netflix in UHD/HDR and 24hz, it could be worth it. Right now no device does everything perfectly and it is a little annoying...
post #1924 of 1935 Old 08-19-2016, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I hope you can select 8-bit 4:2:0.
post #1925 of 1935 Old 08-20-2016, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 185
I'm sorry just started reading this thread. Is it confirmed their first UHD player will include DV?

I have ordered the Panasonic and it does not support it. I bought my first 4K display a week ago so new to HDR and DV. The content is limited in DV now but I find it better in my comparisons to the point I may wait for a player that can support it. I do hope there will be support for DV soon by the studios. It just looks amazing from the small samples I've been able to watch.

It should be included a huge gain over the competition in my opinion.

Rick
post #1926 of 1935 Old 08-20-2016, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Liked: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SoftDome View Post
I'm sorry just started reading this thread. Is it confirmed their first UHD player will include DV?

I have ordered the Panasonic and it does not support it. I bought my first 4K display a week ago so new to HDR and DV. The content is limited in DV now but I find it better in my comparisons to the point I may wait for a player that can support it. I do hope there will be support for DV soon by the studios. It just looks amazing from the small samples I've been able to watch.

Rick
As of right now the only confirmed fact is that this player will eventually exist.
post #1927 of 1935 Old 08-20-2016, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
No. There has been no official word from OPPO of any sort.

-Bill
I think this is a mistake. With the Panasonic and I'm sure others coming on line (besides the two out) I need a date and I'm sure others as well. If I go Panasonic(already ordered-could cancel), and this is for my new 4K bedroom set-up, there will be no second player until I revamp my living room.

I will not personally do the player merry go round this time. I spent a mint from my first Sony HD player and all the way up to my current Oppo. I wasn't even keen on media this time at all but now that I have an OLED I'm dying for a player.

Silence is sometimes not a good thing. Just make sure it supports. DV.

Rick

Last edited by Mr.SoftDome; 08-20-2016 at 10:05 AM.
post #1928 of 1935 Old 08-20-2016, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 64
What will be interesting to see is whether this player will be able to be upgraded to the future HDMI 2.1 spec without the change of hardware. If so, i think it has everything i am wishing for provided that the DV rumor is true. DV & HDMI 2.1 would make this player future proof enough for me but as always, there will appear new techniques along the way so i guess i must content myself with these.

Looking forward to read the specification of this player soon hopefully.
post #1929 of 1935 Old 08-20-2016, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SoftDome View Post

Rick
Early details against MTK SoC say that it supports Dolby Vision. Still not written in stone, because most of the device vendors typically hide their info/specs now until a year later after part is available. See link, text is next to HDR 10.

Oppo Beta Group
post #1930 of 1935 Old 08-20-2016, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakeApples View Post
What will be interesting to see is whether this player will be able to be upgraded to the future HDMI 2.1 spec without the change of hardware. If so, i think it has everything i am wishing for provided that the DV rumor is true. DV & HDMI 2.1 would make this player future proof enough for me but as always, there will appear new techniques along the way so i guess i must content myself with these.

Looking forward to read the specification of this player soon hopefully.
The problem is nothing encompasses technology so you are future proof ever. Presently some might ask a display to support HDMI 2.0b/2.1, HDR10, Technicolor/Philips HDR, HLG, Dolby Vision, etc. so that you can get the best picture quality possible regardless of which HDR format is used. Next you expect UHD BD players to handle all of that also. Forget your AVR every time they dream up new frills video wise, your new unit is not capable also.

Its likely not a rumor as Dolby is working with MTK. As for HDMI 2.1 and its dynamic meta data, versus HDMI 2.0a static meta data that Phillips is pushing if the HDMI forums doesn't recognize it yet, so that a chicken well before its time to cross the road. Perhaps only a FW update supported with existing HDMI 2.0a devices will suffice.

Oppo Beta Group
post #1931 of 1935 Old 08-20-2016, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
As for HDMI 2.1 and its dynamic meta data, versus HDMI 2.0a static meta data that Phillips is pushing if the HDMI forums doesn't recognize it yet, so that a chicken well before its time to cross the road. Perhaps only a FW update supported with existing HDMI 2.0a devices will suffice.
That`s what i am hoping for and i have good hopes for such an upgrade path given that the current HDR 10 static metadata doesn`t even require the full 18Gbps bandwidth (for 24p playback) so if HDMI 2.1 is only the addition of dynamic metadata, i think a firmware upgrade could be possible.
Time will tell.
post #1932 of 1935 Old 08-20-2016, 10:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 925 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
I heard today from "a little birdie" that the new Oppo will be out in November and retail for around $899. Whether it proves to be true remains to be seen.
If the new Oppo is UHD and is the equivalent of the 105, I hope your birdie is a big eagle
Will be first in line for it.
I have tried every single Oppo BR player created, even the Jap Limited Edition. All of them have given me big smiles. Can't wait..
My only request is that it comes with the latest HDCP / HDMI versions when it comes out, and Dolby Vision / latest HDR version..
Ted99 and slief like this.
post #1933 of 1935 Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

From the relatively new DMP-UB900 UHD player review - Gizmodo Australia

Quote:
And, while the UB900’s interface is certainly attractive in a stark way, it does feel a little bit low-tech. I like the Spartan nature of the main grid interface, but diving deeper into the network services or internet section, things start to look a little bit outdated. If you’re going to be watching files from your network shares, we’ve still yet to find a Blu-ray player that does it as well as the Oppo BDP-103
Oppo still could improve in that area quite a bit.

Oppo Beta Group
post #1934 of 1935 Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
As muddy as the current situation is with regards to HDR and projectors I have decided to stay with my excellent Sim2 1080p projector for the time being.

But as my Sim2 is capable of accepting a 10 bit YCrCB signal I would like for the new Oppo to be able to "convert" UHD BD with HDR to normal HD / SDR with Deep Color and 10 bit YCrCb.
post #1935 of 1935 Old Today, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Liked: 485
All things considered what is really keeping me waiting for the Oppo is to see how Darbee is integrated into a UHD player. I have very limited experience with Darbee only having seen them demo of it, however I have always been impressed by what I've seen. In actual practice it's something that I may well chose never to use, but I would at least like the opportunity to see its effects in my theater. So for the time being, I'll remain waiting on something official. I've got 2 weeks off at the end of the year for the holidays, half a dozen UHD's that I've already bought, so a method of playing those movies would sure be nice by then!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc Bdp 105