What features would you like in your next Oppo BR - e.g. Oppo BDP-113 and BDP-115. - Page 66 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

View Poll Results: DIRAC Live Software
Yes 144 62.34%
No 87 37.66%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 245Likes
post #1951 of 1953 Unread Today, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
Step back for a minute, what is involved with decoding/processing 3D audio? Right very powerful DSP's . Do you really want a source that heats your house?
My Denon pre-pro has DSP's for 11 ch processing and it's not a heat source, particularly compared to the amps. I'm looking for 15 ch processing next up and I'd love to see it in an Oppo Ultra BR player. Oppo's stay around a long time and one less box for a combo pre-pro and Ultra BR player would be good, for me. For me, the only downside is that the player has mechanical components that MAY fail more often than pure electronics. The combo Oppo could concentrate on disc and app feeds, and get rid of all the legacy interconnects.

Samsung UN75HU8550FXZA, SEK 3500 OCB in den, Sony XBR79X900B in LR, JVC RS600, Grandview 120" 1.3g curved screen in Batcave Mancave
Polk LSiM703 fronts, RTi-12 rears, LsiC and LSiM 706 centers, T-15 RH, Monitor 60 FW, CSiA1 FH, AT DA-44 TM, ED A6t sides
Two Emotiva XPA-5's for the Beds and TC, BasX-7 for the tops, Marantz AV7702MKII in Mancave until consumer-grade 9.2.6(or better) Pre-pro is available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1952 of 1953 Unread Today, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted99 View Post
My Denon pre-pro has DSP's for 11 ch processing and it's not a heat source, particularly compared to the amps. I'm looking for 15 ch processing next up and I'd love to see it in an Oppo Ultra BR player. Oppo's stay around a long time and one less box for a combo pre-pro and Ultra BR player would be good, for me. For me, the only downside is that the player has mechanical components that MAY fail more often than pure electronics. The combo Oppo could concentrate on disc and app feeds, and get rid of all the legacy interconnects.
Making a pre-pro like Denon does is not a quick act to success, just look at Emotiva to which you have some gear, their success with pre-pro's has shown how designing a great pre-pro is a highly involved, labor intensive effort to produce a good product. Not always with success either. Do you see them producing pre-pro with Atmos and DTS-X yet? Look at the $2499 XMC-1 its only a 7.2 channel. These guys have been in the business for years. If your looking for a UHD BD player with built in 7.1.4 Atmos or DTS-X processing you'll be waiting a long time I reckon.

Oppo Beta Group
post #1953 of 1953 Unread Today, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 120
^^^Yes, indeed. Since I don't expect Oppo to do it--it was "what would you like to see"--I'm waiting for D/M, Anthem and Emo to come out with more than 11 ch of processing (2017 hopefully). If you are not doing as Trinov and using a PC-based processor, manufacturers depend on third-party DSP chips/software. I suspect that we'll see some of these next year. However, this is OT. I got in my 2 cents worth on what I'd like to see---a "one box" solution.

Samsung UN75HU8550FXZA, SEK 3500 OCB in den, Sony XBR79X900B in LR, JVC RS600, Grandview 120" 1.3g curved screen in Batcave Mancave
Polk LSiM703 fronts, RTi-12 rears, LsiC and LSiM 706 centers, T-15 RH, Monitor 60 FW, CSiA1 FH, AT DA-44 TM, ED A6t sides
Two Emotiva XPA-5's for the Beds and TC, BasX-7 for the tops, Marantz AV7702MKII in Mancave until consumer-grade 9.2.6(or better) Pre-pro is available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc Bdp 105