Toshiba BDK21 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-21-2011, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 38
has anyone heard anything about this player???? Costco has it for $69.99 regular price (after doing some research it MAY be Toshiba 2150 rebadged for costco and sams club). haven't seen any of the Toshiba's reviewed on here yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-31-2011, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought a Toshiba BDK21 Blu-Ray Disc Player for my daughter's room. It supports access to our home network for connecting to Netflix, Pandora, etc. The unit has an Ethernet port and a USB port.

I went to BestBuy last night and purchased a Belkin USB Wireless Adapter. I set it up on a Windows computer and verified that it worked with the computer. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work on the BDK21.

A quick review of the Toshiba user guide indicates that the unit is only compatible with their USB Wireless Adaptors, WLM-10UB1 or WLM-10NB1.

I expected wireless adapters to be wireless adapters, but I'm concerned Toshiba did something proprietary. Should I just give up with the Belkin adapter and order the Toshiba one?

Thanks for any advice,

-- Robert
post #3 of 6 Old 12-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Doesn't work that way. They are proprietary with all BD players. You don't need to give up. You can use a bridge/gaming adapter.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #4 of 6 Old 01-04-2012, 07:43 AM

I'm very grateful for your quick reply. Thank you!

-- Robert
post #5 of 6 Old 04-14-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post

has anyone heard anything about this player???? Costco has it for $69.99 regular price (after doing some research it MAY be Toshiba 2150 rebadged for costco and sams club). haven't seen any of the Toshiba's reviewed on here yet.

I have this Blu Ray player is really good, the only bad thing is when you are seeing a movie thru USB in certain time the player stops, so in order to see the movie you have to press play in certain time intervals until you finish the movie, this do not happen seeing a blu ray disc.
Very good player by the price!!
post #6 of 6 Old 04-14-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrossi View Post

I bought a Toshiba BDK21 Blu-Ray Disc Player for my daughter's room. It supports access to our home network for connecting to Netflix, Pandora, etc. The unit has an Ethernet port and a USB port.

I went to BestBuy last night and purchased a Belkin USB Wireless Adapter. I set it up on a Windows computer and verified that it worked with the computer. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work on the BDK21.

A quick review of the Toshiba user guide indicates that the unit is only compatible with their USB Wireless Adaptors, WLM-10UB1 or WLM-10NB1.

I expected wireless adapters to be wireless adapters, but I'm concerned Toshiba did something proprietary. Should I just give up with the Belkin adapter and order the Toshiba one?

Thanks for any advice,

-- Robert

Robert;
Do you know how to convert this player to multiregion player?

Regards;

Mr. Vargas
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Toshiba Bdk21 Blu Ray Disc Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page