Compatibility through USB - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 10-31-2011, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I have recently purchased an LG 55LW650S and a WD TV Live Hub for my living room. The WDTV is a real mess, lots of bugs so i'm going to throw it in the trash. I'm going to upgrade my Blu-ray player for one that supports 3D, preferably from LG (to have all the electronics from the same brand).

I have been looking and i think i'm going to choose the BD670. My question is, is this player OR are there any player, capable of reproducing FULL BLU-RAY movies through USB?(Supporting JAVA ME)? Does it play .ISO's ?

I need to replace my media center and i don't even know if there is any blu-ray player that can do the things that the hub can, that's why i'm asking you people. Please help as I don't find any real answer to my questions.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-01-2011, 04:45 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by spl1t View Post

Hi,

I have recently purchased an LG 55LW650S and a WD TV Live Hub for my living room. The WDTV is a real mess, lots of bugs so i'm going to throw it in the trash. I'm going to upgrade my Blu-ray player for one that supports 3D, preferably from LG (to have all the electronics from the same brand).

I have been looking and i think i'm going to choose the BD670. My question is, is this player OR are there any player, capable of reproducing FULL BLU-RAY movies through USB?(Supporting JAVA ME)? Does it play .ISO's ?

I need to replace my media center and i don't even know if there is any blu-ray player that can do the things that the hub can, that's why i'm asking you people. Please help as I don't find any real answer to my questions.

Cheers!

Welcome to AVSForum.

Price range? The OPPO BDP-93 is a 3D player that will play ISO files and BDMV directories from USB and eSATA. It's $499.

-Bill
post #3 of 7 Old 11-01-2011, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

It plays bd-j through usb? Or it plays only the 0000.m2ts and goes straight to the movie?
Is there any other other player capable of that instead of that oppo?

Congrats
post #4 of 7 Old 11-01-2011, 10:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 215
The Oppo can play either BDMV folders or BD ISO from attached storage, either works the same as the disc. It also plays m2ts files.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-01-2011, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks all for the answers.

I have to buy the player on a specific store (ticket discount) and it doesn't have OPPO devices.

Is the LG BD670 able to play via USB the BLU-RAY ISO's w/ the menus ? And 3D? Sorry for bothering you, i'm getting tired of doing so much research and not being able to find any conclusive answer to my questions!
post #6 of 7 Old 11-01-2011, 05:16 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by spl1t View Post

Thanks all for the answers.

I have to buy the player on a specific store (ticket discount) and it doesn't have OPPO devices.

Is the LG BD670 able to play via USB the BLU-RAY ISO's w/ the menus ? And 3D? Sorry for bothering you, i'm getting tired of doing so much research and not being able to find any conclusive answer to my questions!

I see you have already posted this question in the LG forum. Searching that thread for "ISO" reveals that it will not do what you want, eg: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post20899772

-Bill
post #7 of 7 Old 11-02-2011, 02:53 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you. I was looking for the "search on topic" button but couldn't find it! Today im going to replace my wd for an asus o!play hd2, lets hope that it works well enough.. Already know that it's not going to play 3D Full Blu-Ray ISO's since it does not have hdmi1.4, and it won't play the menus, but accordingly to my extensive search there's no media center that supports java so it could play menus... Already gave up on that idea.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Francisco Gameiro
Reply Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page