JPEG
Connections:
Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)
AllShare
1 HDMI
1 USB
Ethernet

[Model BD-D6100C]

Has anyone know anything about this unit? It seems to have everything I wanted but I not sure about what extend that the streaming goes? Does anyone know if it can do web searches, etc... or is their a restriction on that? Also, does it playback DivX coded DVDs?

Thanks.

Here is want I respond to:

Limited Time Offer:
Valid for orders placed December 5, 2011 through December 31, 2011. While supplies last.

Online price $159.99
**Less -$40.00
YOUR COST $119.99

**The $40 manufacturer's discount will automatically be deducted at checkout. State law may require sales tax to be charged on the pre-discounted price if the product is subject to sales tax.

Immersive 3D Blu-ray movie thrills meets advanced wireless connectivity. With its advanced set of features, the Samsung BD-D6100C changes your perception of what a Blu-ray Disc Player can do. Enjoy 3D Blu-ray titles and all their immersive glory. Samsung Smart Blu-ray goes above and beyond Blu-ray entertainment, with the ability to view the best of the web with Samsung Apps. WiFi lets you connect online without the hassle of wires, so you can put this stylish Blu-ray Disc Player exactly where you want it in your living room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 12-08-2011, 11:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I saw this today at Costco, what would it be comparable to? Looking at Amazon I would initially say the 6500. The 5500 doesn't have built-in WiFi, so it's definitely not comparable.

Anyone with any input?

Chris....
post #3 of 13 Old 12-09-2011, 11:57 AM

I'm interested in this model. Not finding much info on it am beginning to believe this a model number specially for Costco.

Did go to the Samsung site looking for info and when I did a search for it, the search came back with a BD-C6500 manual.

Going a little OT here, what I'm wanting to do is replace my Panny with something that will stream Blockbuster as that service is now part of my DISH service. Looks like both Sony and Panasonic are not offering Blockbuster apps.

Know Sammy's don't have the best rep for their BR players. Any other suggestions for a decent machine that can handle Blockbuster? Would like to keep under $150 if possible.
post #4 of 13 Old 12-09-2011, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Info on the product spec does not include .MKV file format but on the side it has it! I will wait a few more days to see if someone has try it and if not; then I will have to open up the box and try it myself. It seem to have everything I want - Divx Plus HD, Wifi built-in, Blu-Ray, upscaling, 3D(do not have a 3d HDTV but I expect that someone will product one that does not need the glasses and have a box to simulate it and will not have to buy the HDTV itself) and web browsing?????
post #5 of 13 Old 12-14-2011, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

Going to open up the box tonight!
post #6 of 13 Old 12-16-2011, 05:00 AM

Cool! Give us a report with your findings. I have to wait until Christmas. The wife insisted she wraps it and gives it to me.
post #7 of 13 Old 12-16-2011, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1up5dn View Post

Cool! Give us a report with your findings. I have to wait until Christmas. The wife insisted she wraps it and gives it to me.

I came across a tech geek guy that I known 10 years ago and he told me to buy the lowest price Blu-Ray player that I can find. He one those super high tech know it alls and a trend follower of technology.

Given that I ran into him; I hold the 6100C and shopping for offbrand junk Blu-Rays players with nothing at all features. I just felt that he is right in what he saids. So, I going to wait and see what you think of the 6100C while I go out and buy some junk and see how it the upscaling and blu-ray performs.

It a mad, mad world and it like a movie plot here but I just am rejuvenated now just to see what come out of my new found effort at cheapness and the results. LOL!
post #8 of 13 Old 12-17-2011, 05:41 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWild View Post

I came across a tech geek guy that I known 10 years ago and he told me to buy the lowest price Blu-Ray player that I can find. He one those super high tech know it alls and a trend follower of technology.

Given that I ran into him; I hold the 6100C and shopping for offbrand junk Blu-Rays players with nothing at all features. I just felt that he is right in what he saids. So, I going to wait and see what you think of the 6100C while I go out and buy some junk and see how it the upscaling and blu-ray performs.

It a mad, mad world and it like a movie plot here but I just am rejuvenated now just to see what come out of my new found effort at cheapness and the results. LOL!

The lowest price?

For my latest Reviews and Stuff google -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1409517748063
post #9 of 13 Old 12-26-2011, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Will, I finally made the test of a Samsung Blu-Ray that is Wifi - Ready Model - D5500C. It takes awhile to boot up(load Samsungs label) about 20 seconds or so. After it done; loading; it will load a Blu-Ray and play it pretty quickly; maybe 5 seconds.

The clarity of the upscaling is terrific! The quality of the Blu Ray is terrific! There is a lot of Samsung Apps. And the menu for streaming video/movies/Youtube, etc... is pretty impressive.

I was thinking of keeping it until I configure the nice Samsung full size remote to use on my Toshiba HDTV. Everything worked except the numerical keys. So I cannot set the Source or go to the channel I want quickly. I thought it was a my HDTV; maybe they got it wrong somehow; so I try my 23" Samsung HDTV and the same thing happen - no numeric keys operational for the TV functions.

I going to return it today! Try a Sony S480 and see how it compares to my PS3!

Well, I was at Best Buy and the sales guy was busy; so I went to the Magnolia section and sat in a movie chair and fooled around with the remotes. I think at least on the Panasonic; you hit the Source button each time to move the selection down a step. I think now that maybe that the way you do it with the Samsung Remote Control! Anyways; I going to buy back my Samsung and keep it! I really like the picture quality and the streaming is pretty fast compare to what I say at Best Buy's models like the Panasonic 310 and the Sony S580. They were both wired but still I have an dedicated DSL line at 60bmps! It was much faster then either of the displays.

I guess; when you have something to compare it too; you quick know when you have something worth keeping!
post #10 of 13 Old 01-09-2012, 08:07 AM

I just bought this unit because it will play MKV video files. Got tired of WD and Mvix not being able to keep up with the changes in mkvmerge coding. This unit will play the latest mkv files coded with version 5 mkvmerge. It is a smart unit, downloaded the allshare software from Samsung and now I can play my entire video collection from my home lan without a single problem. Operates just like a smart TV, in fact with this unit you don't have to spend that extra buck to get a smart TV unless you want one. Outputs an excellent picture and like almost all "players" on the market it does upscaling. If you need or want a new unit this is the one to get. $119.95 Costco
post #11 of 13 Old 01-21-2012, 09:35 AM

Does anyone know if this unit supports Netflix WITH subtitles. For some reson SONY does not. Thanks, Harry
post #12 of 13 Old 01-28-2012, 12:18 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have a question...

I got a BDT215 (a 210 as sold at Costco) and it just cannot play Hulu Plus satisfactorily: the streaming always get stuck after a very short while, and I have to stop playback (return to Hulu) and restart. It just freezes. Is that a common problem, like the Netflix streaming issue was? I apparently have the latest firmware (the player says no new firmware is available).

I also borrowed a Samsung BD6100, and it does not have that issue at all. It may let me know if it has issues streaming (and offers to switch to a lower quality) but it does not freeze and needs to be restarted. Also the streaming warnings are very few and far.

I'd like to keep the Panasonic as reviews say that its pic quality is great for Blu-ray (I don't have discs on hand); and to a lesser extent to have the kids play with the 2D to 3D conversion (though it's said to be weak). I can't find much about the Samsung. But the streaming issues are driving me crazy (and the weird UI where one can't use the seek button to seek, but needs to use the navigation arrows, is also a letdown).

Is the Samsung picture quality on par with the Panasonic? Is the streaming issue known and being addressed in the Panasonic?

Note: I plan to have a Mac mini as part of my setup, so eventually I will only care about the BD player for BD quality. I can also stream Hulu from my laptop, and most of the shows I like are "Web only " So Blu-ray quality is ultimately what should win, but if the two players are of equal quality, the one that can actually stream will be the keeper....
post #13 of 13 Old 02-12-2012, 03:42 PM

it will play mkv files but if you try to play a large avi file with a higher bit rate it will actually disconnect itself from you home network. I have seen this problem with other DVD players.
It will also introduce a lip sync problem (using optical output) with a normal AVR surround sound system.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung Factory Refurbished Bd D6100c 3d Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - D6100c by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page