Anyone buy a BR player at Walmart recently? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-12-2011, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I am in the market for a new BR Player, and also want to buy one for a Christmas gift.

I was looking at all the players at Walmart, being as they have a lot at some good prices.

The ability to have apps on the player is not needed, I just want a player which won't have issues with playing discs.

The issue I noticed from reading is that BluRay is STILL not a completed standard. Newer movies coming out don't work on some players without a firmware upgrade. It is rediculous that after BR has been out for so long that companies can't release standardized movies.

I had a Toshiba HD-DVD player before they went bust, and I honestly believe that it was a better format. It was standardized and didn't have all the issues that BR has. Plus the dics were cheaper to make and used the same fab plants as regular DVDs. I think the wrong format won.

Anyway. At Walmart, they have all kinds of players, Vizio, LG, Panasonic, Sony, Samsung...etc... I am looking for suggestions for which one to buy which will give me the least amount of problems playing discs and who regularly update their firmware.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-12-2011, 08:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 60
please repost in the "help me chose a BR player" sticky thread

"Retired" AVS Moderator
Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

User Tag List