Official 2012 Sony BDP-S790 Thread - Page 125 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #3721 of 3722 Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Another difference that is important to some is speed. My understanding is that the 790 has a quad core processor. I imagine it would/should be faster than some other decks at loading discs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3722 of 3722 Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
I was responding to the OP who asked if there was any "real" difference, which I took to mean "significant". All players will have tiny differences. But if the OP replaced his 370 with a 790, he'd likely notice none.
yeah, but that tiny differences matter if you are really serious about video. S790 has a higher grade processor and better processing algorithms than 390, of course there will be differences, even if they are tiny by your measure, but there will be differences, that's for sure.

(PS, regarding the "washed out colours": I didn't say they're washed out, it's just that the colours 790 puts out compared to N590 are punchier, brighter. N590 by al means doesn't have washed out colours.).
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Sony , Sony Bdps790 3d Blu Ray Player , Sony Blu Ray Disc Player Bdp S790 , Sony Open Box Bdp S790 3d Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread