post #1801 of 1802 Old 07-25-2014, 11:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi4 View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by redjr 

I have 2 earlier Panasonic bluray models (BDT220 and BD80) the latter being their flagship model circa ~ 2008. Both seem to suffer from the inability to track a smudged disc properly. I could take the same disc and play it perfectly on an even older LG player. I haven't used my new 500 yet (waiting for the man-cave to get completed) so can't comment on that, but here's hoping it will do a better job. Is this just me or have others noticed this tracking issue on various panny models? I wonder if their error-correction algorithms are that different from other manufacturers? - Rick

Weirdly, I came across many posts on different forums regarding different players that BluRay disc reading errors are not infrequent. And, as to your comment, LG players were see to be very forgiving in this regarding, being able to track properly even with minor smudges, etc.

Any ideas about the Gamma adjustment?
Yes, this player seems to be picky with discs - since I rent from Netflix some of the discs I receive are not in the greatest condition - the BDT500 will have trouble playing such discs - usually the video will be pixelated or video skips and lack of sound, and the player becomes almost frozen that the remote control does not work to skip the chapter - I put these discs in Sony PS3 and have no issues with their playback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 1802 Old 07-26-2014, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertoburn View Post
Yes, this player seems to be picky with discs - since I rent from Netflix some of the discs I receive are not in the greatest condition - the BDT500 will have trouble playing such discs - usually the video will be pixelated or video skips and lack of sound, and the player becomes almost frozen that the remote control does not work to skip the chapter - I put these discs in Sony PS3 and have no issues with their playback.
You got to realize the PS3 is a computer.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Dmp Bdt500 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Blu Ray Players , Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Bdt500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page