Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #571 of 661 Old 06-04-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Confederate, which NAS server are you using?

My server runs OpenIndiana, which has an NFS server (smbd) and it *does* work with the Pioneer. However, there is no way to tweak the maximum UDP packet size. The pioneer firmware requests 32 KByte UDP packets (some versions of the CFW ask for less, another version may ask for more). Unfortunately, this is too much for the player and with my experiments with Hanewin, 8 Kbytes or 4 Kbytes tends to work the best. Hanewin NFS lets you adjust the maximum UDP packet size, thankfully, for nearly-glitch-free NAS playback.

Caveat: Most modern Intel ethernet cards have a moderation feature which does not work well with NFS UDP - they will hold onto packets for too long, causing the pioneer to time out now and then, causing a UDP retransmission (which is nearly disastrous for realtime streaming playback - stutter). If you have an Intel NIC, it is best to disable interruption moderation and try disabling power saving features on it.

Of course, nowadays I just copy the movie onto a USB hard drive and call it a day. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 661 Old 06-04-2014, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11

I am using the Dlink DNS-320L, maxleung.

I do not like using the DNLA function however it is good for playing high-res FLAC files.

I can simply copy the movie to my USB stick, you are quite right. 

post #573 of 661 Old 06-05-2014, 08:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Only downside I have with this player so far is the inability to read the embedded coverart from my flac files.

Anyone know if the BDP-160 is handling the flac embedded artwork?

I'm no expert on this but isn't the artwork embedded the same as in MP3s?

Bit of a bummer, don't know why it's not showing up.

MP3's show albumart just fine though.

I'm using OSX and tried XLD, Max, Tag, Metadatics but no joy thus far.

thanks op!

post #574 of 661 Old 06-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Once again, asking where to get custom firmware is prohibited.
xplora5 likes this.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #575 of 661 Old 06-05-2014, 12:09 PM

Unfortunately I cannot play BDMV folder using the DNLA service which is a bit of a shame.

Whenever I try to open a BDMV folder the player simply "hangs" and does not start playing. It works fine from

a USB stick.

Before with the old firmware I was at least able to play the streams within a BDMV folder now I cannot even do that :(

post #576 of 661 Old 06-06-2014, 10:25 PM

Well I have finally found a method to playback files on my DLINK DNS-320L NAS.

This is the strangest thing ever and I only discovered it by a sheer coincidence.

The network search only yields results with a USB stick inserted into the NAS. As soon as I remove it the network search

delivers no results. After reinserting the USB stick the network search is successful. I tried it many times with the same result.

Now both the NAS' NFS share and the PC's CIFS share I created some while ago are working ! This is fantastic.

Playing mkv files now is much faster than via DNLA and playing mkv files is a breeze. It takes around less than a second for

the player to open an mkv file. BDMV folders work very well, too, it is perfect.

The only thing I am missing now is DVD ISO and Netflix support but that is OK: Netflix would be very nice actually.

I am using Custom Firmware 5.0x ( April version ) without DVD ISO support but I do not want to upgrad because I am happy

with the way it is. 

A L Wong likes this.
post #577 of 661 Old 06-08-2014, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Anyone having any issues playing Netflix?
post #578 of 661 Old 06-09-2014, 02:30 AM

Anyone got the BDP-150 to show albumart embedded in FLAC files playing from USB?

or know if the BDP-160/170 are reading it?

I have been playing around, trying everything, but so far no joy, unless I'm missing something here.

Thanks.

post #579 of 661 Old 06-13-2014, 04:01 PM

I have played a couple of BDMV folders from my NAS so far.

It seems that there are issues whenever the movie's Dolby True HD track is played. In this case the movie stutters a lot and it is unwatchable.
Playing the Dolby Digital track ( French audio track for instance ) does not cause this problem.

I first thought it was due to the high bitrate HOWEVER I have had not had this problem playing Criterion Blu Rays such as Videodrome from my NAS
which use very high bitrates ( video bitrate around 35 mbit/s ! plus LPCM 1.0 track ). And the Star Trek's combined video and Dolby True HD audio track
are less, around 25-30 mbit/s combined.

I then found a way to play the movie nonetheless:

I renamed the BDMV into BDMVrenamed or whatever and played the m2ts video stream file containing the main movie ( in this case the newest Star Trek movie )
via NFS. This did not solve the issue. Same stutters. HOWEVER playing the same m2ts video stream file via DNLA did not cause that problem. The movie plays
perfectly ! I think this is a good workaround and I can live with it.
Playing the BDMV folder directly via DNLA did not work at all.

The only thing I miss is Netflix support
post #580 of 661 Old 06-15-2014, 09:04 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis10 View Post
Anyone having any issues playing Netflix?
Started working last night. I had to login again, first time I've used it in a month or so.
post #581 of 661 Old 06-15-2014, 09:08 AM

Is there any way I can get Netflix on my BDP-150 player ?

I have youtube and Picassa but no Netflix
post #582 of 661 Old 06-17-2014, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My home theater system with pioneer bdp 450

What is your opinion?
post #583 of 661 Old 06-17-2014, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

Looks good. Looks like you have the same issue I had with my center channel being off-centered until I wall mounted my TV and was able to move my center.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #584 of 661 Old 06-17-2014, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post
Looks good. Looks like you have the same issue I had with my center channel being off-centered until I wall mounted my TV and was able to move my center.

S~
Yes, I have this problem!
Maybe I change cabinet!
post #585 of 661 Old 06-19-2014, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confederate View Post
HOWEVER playing the same m2ts video stream file via DNLA did not cause that problem. The movie plays
perfectly ! I think this is a good workaround and I can live with it.
Playing the BDMV folder directly via DNLA did not work at all.
Playing the BDMV-folder probably makes the player go through all the different playlist as well as trying to load java-menus and bd-live. T

I've only tried BDMV-folder from an HDD connected by USB so I haven't noticed those problem
post #586 of 661 Old 06-20-2014, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy BDP - 150 Region-free would not run region B BRs

Hi There,
I badly need your help with my "Region-free" bdp-150 which will play only Region A blu-rays despite it was sold as such.

I bought it more than a year and a half through Amazon. When I tried to load it with Region B BRs a month ago, I got a message on screen such as "this disc region is not supported".

I attach here the seller instruction for activation Region free BR, maybe someone had the same experience ?

Thanks a lot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pioneer.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	128185  

Last edited by teachsac; 06-20-2014 at 12:26 PM.
post #587 of 661 Old 06-21-2014, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar1 View Post
Hi There,
I badly need your help with my "Region-free" bdp-150 which will play only Region A blu-rays despite it was sold as such.

I bought it more than a year and a half through Amazon. When I tried to load it with Region B BRs a month ago, I got a message on screen such as "this disc region is not supported".

I attach here the seller instruction for activation Region free BR, maybe someone had the same experience ?

Thanks a lot
I think you have hardware modded Pio which means you need to ask questions to the seller. Hardware mod for Pio 150 is total waste of money and time as even basic CFW provides region free playback for BD and DVD. You can take a risk and flash 4.03 - it may help...it should give you iso support as well
Solar1 likes this.
post #588 of 661 Old 06-27-2014, 12:55 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
To see folder that it is shared by windows7 it need ant dlna program or it see the shared win7 folder without any other program?
post #589 of 661 Old 06-27-2014, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstoev View Post
All the information that I read, confuse me
Can i install CFW 4.04 on BDP 450 with FW V02.12

Thanks
Do we have the answer to this question? I went through the entire thread and could not find the answer myself
post #590 of 661 Old 06-28-2014, 02:42 AM

Does anyone that has the pioneer bdp-150 has install it the custom firmware on this bluray player????

If it did can send me a private message because i want to ask some questions about that custom firmware.

A LOT OF THANKS.
post #591 of 661 Old 06-30-2014, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Just purchased a BDP-450 here in the UK to team up with a SC-LX87. Seems Netflix support has been dropped from the newer units.

Also finding PQLS does not work at all. Latest firmware on both receiver and the 450. Phoned Pioneer who after asking me the basics asked me to reset both devices. I did so at their behest knowing it would not fix it. Went through that and still no PQLS working with all correct settings applied. Checked PCB, Bitstream, Blu-ray and CD. Tried both outputs.

Between this and the missing Netflix )which Pioneer seem to have quietly removed) this is a pain in the backside. At this point Pioneer have asked me to get the dealer involved and try and work out which of the two devices is responsible for PQLS not working.

Question is does anyone else have the same combo and if so does PQLS work for you?

-Raja
post #592 of 661 Old 06-30-2014, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajinderGill View Post
Just purchased a BDP-450 here in the UK to team up with a SC-LX87. Seems Netflix support has been dropped from the newer units.

Also finding PQLS does not work at all. Latest firmware on both receiver and the 450. Phoned Pioneer who after asking me the basics asked me to reset both devices. I did so at their behest knowing it would not fix it. Went through that and still no PQLS working with all correct settings applied. Checked PCB, Bitstream, Blu-ray and CD. Tried both outputs.

Between this and the missing Netflix )which Pioneer seem to have quietly removed) this is a pain in the backside. At this point Pioneer have asked me to get the dealer involved and try and work out which of the two devices is responsible for PQLS not working.

Question is does anyone else have the same combo and if so does PQLS work for you?

-Raja
I can't speak for receivers after 2010 because I own an Elite VSX-32. In order for PQLS to work, your receiver must be set to either AUTO SURROUND, DIRECT, PURE DIRECT, or ALC. Any other sound mode such as NEO6, Dolby Pro Logic, 5.1-channel stereo, stadium, hall, mono movie, or other effect will disable PQLS. Also, disable any audio delay settings on the Blu-ray player and the receiver by either setting it to Off, or Manual, selecting 0MS. I assume you already know these things, but anyone can make any mistake without even realizing it. It's happened to me.

Last edited by Big C; 06-30-2014 at 11:26 AM.
post #593 of 661 Old 06-30-2014, 02:00 PM

Yeah all of those check out - thanks for replying though.

I managed to get it working. The only way it works with the SC-LX87 for me is if I set the HDMI outputs on the 450 to separate and then send an audio only feed to the SC-LX87 via the secondary HDMI output of the 450. PQLS then locks with the SC-LX87. If the SC-LX87 is also sent picture with audio, PQLS will switch off (the receiver briefly flashes PQLS off if I try sending video). Means I will have to change cables to the projector every time I use the player if I want to use PQLS.

Some kind of bug that is created by the SC-LX87 resetting its input/ouput when there is a change to the video stream or simply firmware needs a patch.
post #594 of 661 Old 06-30-2014, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajinderGill View Post
Yeah all of those check out - thanks for replying though.

I managed to get it working. The only way it works with the SC-LX87 for me is if I set the HDMI outputs on the 450 to separate and then send an audio only feed to the SC-LX87 via the secondary HDMI output of the 450. PQLS then locks with the SC-LX87. If the SC-LX87 is also sent picture with audio, PQLS will switch off (the receiver briefly flashes PQLS off if I try sending video). Means I will have to change cables to the projector every time I use the player if I want to use PQLS.

Some kind of bug that is created by the SC-LX87 resetting its input/ouput when there is a change to the video stream or simply firmware needs a patch.
Now that you mention it, I remember that it was recommended that you use the HDMI SUB output for audio. Maybe it's because that's the one that includes the PQLS feature. That makes sense. You could always add another cable so you don't have to change cables every time you wish to use PQLS.
post #595 of 661 Old 06-30-2014, 10:15 PM

if only it were as simple as that big c. Pqls only works on the sub port if it is set to output audio only. Adding a second hdmi cable to carry video to the receiver is not possible. The sc-lx87 has no provision to assign audio from another hdmi input, only coax and optical is allowed.

as stated above i can only get pqls to work if no video is carried on the same stream. Adding a second cable does not help prevent me needing to swap video output cables to the projector.
post #596 of 661 Old 06-30-2014, 11:25 PM

Someone told me on AV Forums that they do not have to use audio only for PQLS on other receiver/BDP combos. That leads me to the thought that there is indeed a bug between the SC-LX87 and the BDP-450 for PQLS.
post #597 of 661 Old 07-03-2014, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by borland View Post
I think you have hardware modded Pio which means you need to ask questions to the seller. Hardware mod for Pio 150 is total waste of money and time as even basic CFW provides region free playback for BD and DVD. You can take a risk and flash 4.03 - it may help...it should give you iso support as well
Thanks a lot, it looks like I didn't research well enough this MOD of the 150. Is there any link with the details of how to flash the 4.03 ?
post #598 of 661 Old 07-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Links regarding hacked firmware are not allowed at this site.

post #599 of 661 Old 07-04-2014, 07:24 PM

So the bdp-150 with official firmware 1.05 or 1.08 can't play bd-iso full ripped bluray movies with menu but with pioneer bdp-150 ver. 4.03 custom firmware file "BDP-150_SP.bin" can play it.

Is this correct?

Does anyone have try to play and bd-iso or bluray folder of any movie to tell me if it can play the bluray full menu or not?

A lot of thanks for your time and your answers.
post #600 of 661 Old 07-05-2014, 10:54 PM

I have setup my bdp-62 using quick start so I can turn it on via Icontrol. The problem is when I launch netflix it freezes. If i turn quick start off it works without fail. Anyone else having this problem?
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Pioneer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page