Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #601 of 619 Old 07-06-2014, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Cinavia scared me away from ripping because I don't like the idea of putting hours, days, weeks, or months into a project that could possibly fail. So I just cary a Case Logic 320-disc wallet around with me wherever I go.

After some experience, I prefer to disable quickstart on these players because I think HDMI control seems to behave more consistently. It's like Windows 8's shutdown. Unless you go into the settings and turn quickstart off, the system can't do a full reboot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 619 Old 07-06-2014, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Boy, this thread has turned into a firmware "hack" thread. I guess I will go check out the other Pioneer 62FD thread.
post #603 of 619 Old 07-06-2014, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The BDP-62fd will not run netfix with quick start on. Everything else works great but the unit will freeze when i start netflix with quick start on. I turned it off and it works great but i like using icontrol2012 to operate the unit and it only works well when the quick start is on.

Anyone have any suggestions?
post #604 of 619 Old 07-06-2014, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
Cinavia scared me away from ripping because I don't like the idea of putting hours, days, weeks, or months into a project that could possibly fail. So I just cary a Case Logic 320-disc wallet around with me wherever I go.

After some experience, I prefer to disable quickstart on these players because I think HDMI control seems to behave more consistently. It's like Windows 8's shutdown. Unless you go into the settings and turn quickstart off, the system can't do a full reboot.
There is no reason to scared because if you want to have only the main movie of each bluray and not the extra you can simply extract/rip only the main movie and see it at any pc or media player that support it without any issues at all.

And please answer anyone to me for the bdp-150 custom firmware and what except region free offers to that bluray player.
post #605 of 619 Old 07-13-2014, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
I just buy this product bdp-150 but even i have connected with my router that it has dhcp enabled it doesn't seem to has Internet.
A cable i connect is just like i was not connected the lan cable at all.

I have try the same cable at the same router at the same port to tv, media player and laptop and work fine but at bdp-150 doesn't.

And when i go to network connection test it bring me failed.

Any suggestions.

It has the official firmware 1.05.

Even when i choose to make a downgrade from 1.05 to custom firmware doesn't regonise the file firmware "BDP-150_SP.bin" even at fat32 hard disk.

Or even i try to install the latest official firmware 1.08 from the official pioneer site still doesn't regonise the firmware and bring me the error message "download file data corruption" or "no valid update file is found".

Please HELP ME.
post #606 of 619 Old 07-17-2014, 09:42 AM

My BDP-450 is giving weird issues. I bought it recently from Kuwait as it was available only there. It came with the older FW v2.05 and i did not update it.

I played few 3D BDs and most of them gave issues like display going off and coming back again within 3-4 secs. It looks like HDMI handshake issues but I am not sure of it. @borland helped me lot in installing CFW and it worked great except the same 3D issues. Few BDs like Gravity, Frozen, Croods work without issues but BDs like The Adventures of Tin Tin, Thor, The Hobbit Extended Edition you can't even watch for 5 mins. Tin Tin I checked in my friend's samsung bluray player and it worked fine. I tried playing Avatar 3D ISO after installing CFW and even it had same issues.

Any suggestions what can be done?
post #607 of 619 Old 07-17-2014, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil7j View Post
My BDP-450 is giving weird issues. I bought it recently from Kuwait as it was available only there. It came with the older FW v2.05 and i did not update it.

I played few 3D BDs and most of them gave issues like display going off and coming back again within 3-4 secs. It looks like HDMI handshake issues but I am not sure of it. @borland helped me lot in installing CFW and it worked great except the same 3D issues. Few BDs like Gravity, Frozen, Croods work without issues but BDs like The Adventures of Tin Tin, Thor, The Hobbit Extended Edition you can't even watch for 5 mins. Tin Tin I checked in my friend's samsung bluray player and it worked fine. I tried playing Avatar 3D ISO after installing CFW and even it had same issues.

Any suggestions what can be done?
I would try a different cable - maybe a shorter one - it may not be able to handle the doubled bandwidth required for 3D.
post #608 of 619 Old 07-17-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxleung View Post
I would try a different cable - maybe a shorter one - it may not be able to handle the doubled bandwidth required for 3D.
I'm using Audioquest Pearl 1mtr cable from BDP to Denon 1911 AVR and then 2mtr same model cable to LG 3D LED.

I tried a direct connection as well but it didn't work. Tried Belkin HDMI cable. Same issue.
post #609 of 619 Old 07-17-2014, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

No other cables you can try? No issues with 2D titles?

There are two HDMI outputs on the BDP - maybe you can try the other one, provided you didn't set it up to be audio only.
post #610 of 619 Old 07-17-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
No other cables you can try? No issues with 2D titles?

There are two HDMI outputs on the BDP - maybe you can try the other one, provided you didn't set it up to be audio only.
These are the only 3 cables I have with 1.4a support. But I can use a different one.

Yes problem is only with 3D discs. 2D works flawlessly. Infact BDs like Avatar has option to play 2D as well and if I do that, absolutely no problem. Even Avatar 3D had few hickups.

Hobbit 3D was worse experience. I tried sending only Video signal from HDMI with separate option but no luck. In fact even when the movie was paused the display was fluctuating. Same thing when I stopped it and returned to BD menu. Too much of video fluctuation.
post #611 of 619 Old 07-17-2014, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Ouch. It sounds like it doesn't like your cable - maybe the connector isn't "grabbing on" properly? See if you can borrow a different brand of cable?

Double check your video settings on the BDP too!

I can't think of anything else unless the player itself is screwed up.
post #612 of 619 Old 07-17-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Ouch. It sounds like it doesn't like your cable - maybe the connector isn't "grabbing on" properly? See if you can borrow a different brand of cable?

Double check your video settings on the BDP too!

I can't think of anything else unless the player itself is screwed up.
Ahh, that hurts. Will try other cables otherwise I'll have to scrap it and get a new one.

Cables are connected properly otherwise all discs will have issues. Like I said, Gravity 3D, Tin Tin 3D, Frozen 3D, Croods 3D didn't have any issues.
post #613 of 619 Old 07-18-2014, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
The BDP-62fd will not run netfix with quick start on. Everything else works great but the unit will freeze when i start netflix with quick start on. I turned it off and it works great but i like using icontrol2012 to operate the unit and it only works well when the quick start is on.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Had same problem. Sent back to Pioneer for repair. Came back with same problem. Living with it.
post #614 of 619 Old 07-18-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis10 View Post
Anyone having any issues playing Netflix?
See post 613
post #615 of 619 Old 07-19-2014, 09:20 PM

Liked: 0
Hey all...
New here and this is my first post, so please no flaming as I'm confident that the answer exists somewhere in this thread. I'm just looking for a quick answer to help me decide if I am going to move forward on purchasing a BDP62 in the next day or so...
Are there any supported apps that will allow me to access my UltraViolet collection, or will I still have the need for a seperate peripheral box to do so??

Thanks to all in advance for helping out the noob!!
post #616 of 619 Old 07-21-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblefeet View Post
Thanks to Borland I can now play region free dvd and blu-ray on the BDP-150, thank you so much!
Borland help me too. Thank you Borland!
post #617 of 619 Old 07-22-2014, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclear__ View Post
Borland help me too. Thank you Borland!
Does a 150 with cfw convert PAL DVDs to NTSC, as the standard player does, or it loses that ability?

A2, A35, 320, 62fd, s5100, s6200, CHROMECAST, WDTV LIVE, HTPC w/ HD-DVD/BD
post #618 of 619 Old 07-23-2014, 08:10 AM

Dear Friends

My pioneer blu ray player BDP 450 could not read blu ray disc. But, DVD and cd formats can read. Past 6 months i didnt used Blu ray Disc after that i played Blu ray disc. It shows Unknown Disc.

Kindly help me what will i do. If blu ray lens affected, what is the price.
post #619 of 619 Old Yesterday, 10:43 PM

I'm sending back my BDP-450 for replacement. The 3D issue is still there and its irritating. How can i load the default Firmware in it now?
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Pioneer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page