1Likes

post #631 of 653 Old 08-29-2014, 05:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhish View Post
Got the 4.04 to work... It's amazing to see subtitles back, however i have no idea how to get the NFS working, i am sorry if this has already been covered as tried to find out but couldn't locate any info on the same, can anyone please help me with the same? Thanks.
install haneWin

http://www.hanewin.net/nfs-e.htm
try keeping USB stick connected to one of the USB slots - somebody reported it helped.
I don't use NFS as I only use Pio for USB iso playback. all streaming goes via Dune Smart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 653 Old 09-14-2014, 05:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by borland View Post
I never pay ransom
so of course I did not!
by the way - you can still have youtube fully working with CFW but you will need to launch it from USB drive....
Can you share how did you activate 5.10 without paying ransom
post #633 of 653 Old 09-14-2014, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil7j View Post
Can you share how did you activate 5.10 without paying ransom
I'd like to know also.

Location; The Netherlands
post #634 of 653 Old 09-16-2014, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hi everyone. Does the Pioneer 450 have subtitle shift? (up / down).

I can't really find it in manuals on the internet.
post #635 of 653 Old 09-19-2014, 09:03 AM

hi all,
Is there any way to play .flac over network with v2.09.

thank you
mano fernando
post #636 of 653 Old 10-04-2014, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoughlan View Post
If anyone, at their own risk, wants to install custom firmware on the Pioneer BDP-450 then please contact me directly. I had an 'instructional' post but the moderator slapped my wrist and deleted it.

The modification can be done from version 2.12 (current) downwards.
Hi Scoughlan,

Since I'm a newbie, I cannot send you PM before I have posted 15 messages - not even a paying AVC Club member. Can you sent me a PM, or eMail to StefanPhilippi[at]gmx.de?!

Thanks in advance & Best! Stefan
post #637 of 653 Old 10-05-2014, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello everyone, I need some help/advice. My Pioneer BDP-150 is not spinning the discs when I insert them. It tires several times and says Unknown Disc. I opened the player and when I inserted the disc I span it with my finger and that helped, the disc loaded. Now whenever I want to watch a blu-ray I have to spin myself to help the player load it. What can be the problem? Help if you can.
Thanks.
post #638 of 653 Old 10-05-2014, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Email

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanMovieFan View Post
Hi Scoughlan,

Since I'm a newbie, I cannot send you PM before I have posted 15 messages - not even a paying AVC Club member. Can you sent me a PM, or eMail to StefanPhilippi[at]gmx.de?!

Thanks in advance & Best! Stefan
Hi Stefan

I have run into the same problem as I have not posted 15 messages yet. If anyone wants a response, then please follow Stefan's example (e.g. "StefanPhilippi[at]gmx.de") and I will send a message. I'm not ignoring you, honest!

Simon
post #639 of 653 Old 10-07-2014, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aram D. View Post
Hello everyone, I need some help/advice. My Pioneer BDP-150 is not spinning the discs when I insert them. It tires several times and says Unknown Disc. I opened the player and when I inserted the disc I span it with my finger and that helped, the disc loaded. Now whenever I want to watch a blu-ray I have to spin myself to help the player load it. What can be the problem? Help if you can.
Thanks.
what discs? BD or DVD or CD? Did you burn these discs youself? If it happens to all discs - you need Pioneer service centre. If it only happens to your homemade discs - you can try to tweak the laser assembly but with a little hope...
post #640 of 653 Old 10-09-2014, 06:04 PM

Liked: 11
H guys, I have my BDP150 on 4.03, are there titles that people are having issues playing on this firmware?
post #641 of 653 Old 10-10-2014, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masuta View Post
H guys, I have my BDP150 on 4.03, are there titles that people are having issues playing on this firmware?
playing from what and what? BD from ISO, BD from disc, DVD from disc, DVD-A? I did not have any issues with playback from any source when my BDP-140 was on 4.03. However some people reported problems with homemade discs on 150. Some reported problems with all discs... The problem remained even when after rolling back to stock FW. it means it's not FW related problem and is something to do with drive degradation...
My very old 140 plays everything - even unbranded cheap discs which other players and PS3 and PS4 just spit out after some useless spinning. It's a bit noisy when picks up a disc but it's not a problem for me.
post #642 of 653 Old 10-13-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
playing from what and what? BD from ISO, BD from disc, DVD from disc, DVD-A? I did not have any issues with playback from any source when my BDP-140 was on 4.03. However some people reported problems with homemade discs on 150. Some reported problems with all discs... The problem remained even when after rolling back to stock FW. it means it's not FW related problem and is something to do with drive degradation...
My very old 140 plays everything - even unbranded cheap discs which other players and PS3 and PS4 just spit out after some useless spinning. It's a bit noisy when picks up a disc but it's not a problem for me.
Thanks Borland. I mainly playback BD from ISO and am wondering if there is any reason to try to get 5.x from my 4.03 CFW.
post #643 of 653 Old 10-14-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoughlan View Post
If anyone, at their own risk, wants to install custom firmware on the Pioneer BDP-450 then please contact me directly.

My post count isn't high enough either (very long time member, but not a lot of posts!) so if you could let me have the link directly by email that would be great, thanks. [andre (at sign) cix.co.uk]

Andre
post #644 of 653 Old 10-14-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masuta View Post
Thanks Borland. I mainly playback BD from ISO and am wondering if there is any reason to try to get 5.x from my 4.03 CFW.
5.0x scans USB discs much faster, it plays SACD iso and some 5.0x - normal DVD isos. however you need to keep any SACD or DVD real disc in the tray as this FW simulates reading from the disc. It means tear and wear of the lasers..... Some 5.0x have both SAMBA and NFS, the latest - only NFS so if you plan streaming (you need good home network infrastructure for this) you need 5.0x. if not - I would not bother...
post #645 of 653 Old 10-17-2014, 08:46 AM

Need some cfw advice please...

I've got a BDP-150 that I've upgraded to v310.21.1 EN (Oct 23 2013) cfw from the ixbt site. It works well enough (just a few issues) but now I'm looking for advice on how best to upgrade a BDP-62FD (BDP-450) that I just purchased.

My main goal is I'd like to do the Movie Poster (MPS) thing on the new player. Question is, what's the best cfw release at the moment?

I'm really only interested in .iso access to a (HaneWIN) NFS raid server, so would the BDP_free (Aug 30 2014) version work for me (I do like "free" -- "free" is good ) or is the previous HDSIR.pro (Jun 10 2014) the way to go?

Any/all help is greatly appreciated!

-Surgeon-
post #646 of 653 Old 10-22-2014, 07:11 AM

No one has any experience or recommendations for a bdp-62fd???

-Surgeon-
post #647 of 653 Old 10-23-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
5.0x scans USB discs much faster, it plays SACD iso and some 5.0x - normal DVD isos. however you need to keep any SACD or DVD real disc in the tray as this FW simulates reading from the disc. It means tear and wear of the lasers..... Some 5.0x have both SAMBA and NFS, the latest - only NFS so if you plan streaming (you need good home network infrastructure for this) you need 5.0x. if not - I would not bother...

Thanks for that Borland. I can setup NFS shares on the server so that isn't an issue. It would be great to have iso's streaming rather than having to load them onto the USB HDD. Is the upgrade procedure from 4.03 to 5.0x easy?
post #648 of 653 Old 10-27-2014, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 141
No links to outside forums regarding CFW.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #649 of 653 Old 10-27-2014, 10:19 AM

Question Subtitles on BDP-450

Hi!

I have a Pioneer BDP-450 with last original firmware. I want to watch some blu rays but with custom subtitles. Is this possible? Is there any bluray player on the market who does this without hack the firmware?

Thanks
Ivan
post #650 of 653 Old 10-27-2014, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
bdp-62fd / bdp 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgeon View Post
No one has any experience or recommendations for a bdp-62fd???

-Surgeon-
I think the 62fd is equivalent to the 450, just a US region specific model. Others may be able to confirm that, or you could contact Pioneer. If that's the case, then you can use the same CFW and follow the threads that refer to the bdp-450 model.
post #651 of 653 Old 10-27-2014, 02:16 PM

Contact me on CFW5.01

Quote:
are you dealing with 4.0X or 5.XX? I've found April 5.10 the most stable
Hi Borland,

Can you contact me via AVS forum on CFW5.01 for the BDP-450 anyhow? I'm a new member and althought I've paid in full AVS "plus" subscription, I cannot send you PM. I do not want to post "SPAM posts" in order to reach the 15 post level, so can you liase with me via PM?

Thanks & Best, Stefan
post #652 of 653 Old 10-28-2014, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Hi Borland,

Can you contact me via AVS forum on CFW5.01 for the BDP-450 anyhow? I'm a new member and althought I've paid in full AVS "plus" subscription, I cannot send you PM. I do not want to post "SPAM posts" in order to reach the 15 post level, so can you liase with me via PM?

Thanks & Best, Stefan
did send you PM yesterday..
post #653 of 653 Old 10-28-2014, 03:45 AM

Cannot answer your PM - see new quote...

Quote:
Hi Borland,

Thanks & Best, Stefan
Hi borland,

Tried to write to a PM, but I cannot even answer to your PM. Seem that I really need to submit 15 posts, before I can PM - although I'm "Premium Member". Can you send me any mail adress I can reach you to my [StefanPhilippi][the at sign][gmx.][the de-Domain]?!

I do not really understand why AVS is making it so hard even for paying (new) members to get connected...

Thanks & Best! Stefan
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Pioneer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page