The Pioneer BDP-62FD/150/450 2012 Blu-ray Player Thread - Page 23 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #661 of 687 Old 11-26-2014, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Please Read Before Posting

Quote:
As always, no hacking chat.

Moderator request: please read BEFORE you Post

Do not ask for CFW on the forum boards. Further requests will be deleted.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 687 Old 01-04-2015, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by borland View Post
I never pay ransom
so of course I did not!
by the way - you can still have youtube fully working with CFW but you will need to launch it from USB drive....
Hi Borland, You mention that you can load youtube from a USB drive. How exactly do I do that? Is there a script that needs to be put onto the USB?
post #663 of 687 Old 01-05-2015, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by masuta View Post
Hi Borland, You mention that you can load youtube from a USB drive. How exactly do I do that? Is there a script that needs to be put onto the USB?
you just need to place youtube_ver0_1__1920x1080__720p.swf script on USB drive and run it via SWF menu option. dead easy. however as youtube is now present on almost everything including smart tvs, media players and soon - washing machines, fridges and other home appliances I don't think it's terribly useful option!
post #664 of 687 Old 01-21-2015, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
can anyone provide me contact of Ace of snakes.

thank u and regards
mano fernando.
post #665 of 687 Old 01-26-2015, 08:54 PM

Liked: 0
Pioneer BDP 450 firmware

Dear friends,

I have installed custom firmware CFW_404 which freezes BD disc's during playback, I would like to install original firmware version BDP-450_V02.09 which comes along with the player. I downloaded this software from Pioneer website and tried to update by using USB. But the custom firmware CFW_404 says already update no update required and I can't install original firmware.

Please help to install the original version of this player

Thanks
Srikar
post #666 of 687 Old 02-08-2015, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Does anyone know where I might be able to find a BDP-440 or 450 here in U.S.?

Army Rangers lead the way!

PIONEER SC-1523-K, SONY BDP-S7200, Sharp Q+ 60SQ15U, Monster Power HDP IR 2550, Klipsch Quintet SL, Klipsch Sub 12
post #667 of 687 Old 02-10-2015, 08:56 PM

Liked: 0
to borland

hi borland,
i need your help for my pioneer bdp-lx55 player.
i can't say it here in avs..
i received a warning already for my post.
and now its deleted...
can u pm me?
post #668 of 687 Old 02-12-2015, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubertoliver View Post
Does anyone know where I might be able to find a BDP-440 or 450 here in U.S.?
ebay, I saw a couple of modified 62's for sale recently...
post #669 of 687 Old 02-16-2015, 08:54 PM

I have a 62FD. I have questions
1. How to make it BD region free and DVD region free?

2. How to make it convert blu ray from PAL to NTSC? Can the 62FD play 1080i 50 PAL blu ray?

Thanks

Last edited by truelies1; 02-16-2015 at 10:20 PM.
post #670 of 687 Old 02-17-2015, 04:10 PM

Just tried it, the fw is 2.05. It can play 1080i 50 pal. I found I don't have any region b Bluray, is that better just keep original fw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #671 of 687 Old 02-17-2015, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Please read above. Treading very close. There is no way to make players region free with out a software hack or hardware modification. Hack talk is not allowed in the forum areas.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #672 of 687 Old 02-23-2015, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Thumbs down Hacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post
Please read above. Treading very close. There is no way to make players region free with out a software hack or hardware modification. Hack talk is not allowed in the forum areas.
Personally, I disagree with AVS on this issue and I think moderators should reconsider their policy. For a start, labelling members as hackers as if we are all dangerous subversives bent on destroying the movie industry is ridiculous. Superficially, in some countries, it is illegal to bypass region-coding. But, this is a very grey area, and you would be hard-pressed to find any prosecutions, even of dealers selling hardware (just glance around the internet or ebay for example). We can all hope and pray this pointless exercise is finally ended at some point. In fact, with international movie streaming and downloads, what is the point, or the justification, or defence anyway? The movie distribution network no longer needs to be protected.

The whole region-coding fiasco has been stupid from the very beginning and the whole planet, other than studio executives, agree. Hence DVD players where you can tap a few numbers on the remote to defeat the coding. Hardware manufacturers just playing lip-service to the issue.

A lot of AVS members will possess a region-free player and this is for various, completely justified, reasons. From my point of view, I sometimes want a film that is not available in my region. If studios want to stop that, then they should make the film region-free! Often versions vary across regions, such as Criterion Region A blu-rays for instance, or versions from the same studio with different extras for different regions. Again, if the studios want to prevent this, then issue the same content on all the region issues. Of course, many AVS members will have their own, equally valid, reasons for wanting a region-free player.

Instead of haranguing your members, lets move the topic on: Let's support the arguments for region-free discs (and some studios issue all their blu-rays as region-free) so we don't have to hack our firmware or buy modded players. You can gladly pass my details on to the Canadian or UK authorities if you wish. I'd love a day in court where they try and prosecute me for altering some hardware that I have purchased, so that I can play a disc that I have also legitimately purchased.

AVS should be about videophiles for videophiles, not supporting some minority idiotic movie moguls who have already lost the moral argument and whose systems have already been bypassed for years, and are out of date the moment the format is invented. If moderators don't want to support their members, then just signpost them to a forum that will help them...
jazzycat likes this.
post #673 of 687 Old 02-23-2015, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

AVS does not support piracy, hacking, selling hacked firmware, asking for hacked firmware in the forum boards, or linking to forums that support hacking players. AVS does not ban buying a pre-modded player (we have a dedicated thread for region free players) or hardware mod (Oppo) that does not alter the manufacturers' firmware. This will not change. There are threads for copying your personal Blu-ray discs including removing region coding in the streaming forum (even though bypassing copy protections is illegal in many countries). You can also use the pm system to contact individuals.

Ripping Blu-Rays II

Region Free Blu Ray player discussion

S~
jazzycat likes this.

Last edited by teachsac; 02-23-2015 at 07:23 AM.
post #674 of 687 Old 02-24-2015, 01:31 PM

Mod/Hack Tomato/Tomatoe - Let's call the whole thing off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post
AVS does not support piracy, hacking, selling hacked firmware, asking for hacked firmware in the forum boards, or linking to forums that support hacking players. AVS does not ban buying a pre-modded player (we have a dedicated thread for region free players) or hardware mod (Oppo) that does not alter the manufacturers' firmware. This will not change. There are threads for copying your personal Blu-ray discs including removing region coding in the streaming forum (even though bypassing copy protections is illegal in many countries). You can also use the pm system to contact individuals.

Ripping Blu-Rays II

Region Free Blu Ray player discussion

S~
I fail to see how a hardware hack (politely called modding here) is any more legal than a software hack. Both processes achieve exactly the same aim.

Living in the UK, I can legally purchase and import a US blu-ray player (or, even better, a Hong Kong one - then I won't have to worry about buying a transformer), I can also legally purchase and import a US blu-ray film, I can then perfectly legally watch my region A movie on my region A player. Of course, I will have to retain a region B player to legally watch my region B films on. That is how senseless the whole region coding debacle is; and, of course, who wants two blu-ray players on their rack?

PM is a good point, as you will often see mentioned the whole problem about not being able to PM until you have clocked up multiple posts. Hopefully, I'm getting close now and welcome anyone who wants to contact me for help (related to this thread).
post #675 of 687 Old 02-24-2015, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

The hardware mod for Oppo bypasses the components without altering the machine. Oppo has not objected to the mod when players have been sent in with it. Software alters the manufacturers' software or firmware. We have always had a no hacking policy, it has been enforced the past few years after complaints from regular users about turning the threads into hacking and complaints from some of the representatives. The CFW reverse engineered firmware also removes restrictions in place by the BDA in addition to region coding. We do not allow the custom firmware for Oppo either.

TOS:

Quote:
Reverse engineering and/or materials analysis of audio and home theater components/accessories parts thereof, whether patented or unpatented, shall not be discussed on these forums. You are free to discuss objective test measurements, findings and opinions and subjective opinions. This is necessary to avoid legal complications and to encourage industry and manufacturer participation in these forums.

post #676 of 687 Old 04-05-2015, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Please read above. No hack talk in the forum boards.

post #677 of 687 Old 04-07-2015, 12:01 AM

Liked: 1
Pioneer BDP-450 exyernal subtitles

I solved the Subtitle problem myself. This text here can be translated into any language and used as help.

First half
A) sub.srt shall be recorded as Unicode. In Windows Notepad shall be chosen "Unicode" which in reality means "UTF-16 little endian" (with BOM).
B) In BDP playback settings (with disc ejected) the subtitle charset shall also be UTF16 little endian (UTF16LE)
as result the other subtitles appeared without any Chinese characters, but unfortunately the internal font will not correctly display umlaut letters, so ä -> a, ö -> o, ü -> u etc.

So I started second half as instructed in Russian forum
adding to USB JBDIY bolder with ttf font and sub.conf
The proposed font ST Caiyun or STCAIYUN.TTF supports only Chinese, Korean, Russian etc. but has only limited support for Latin/English.
All these: Õ õ Ä ä Ö ö Ü ü Š š Ž ž characters are missing from it.
I found similar font with full umlaut support: Franklin Gothic Demi Cond Regular or FRADMCN.TTF
So I replaced original STCAIYUN.TTF with FRADMCN.TTF
I also edited the contents of sub.conf (this file shall be also recorded as "UTF-16 little endian" (with BOM).
Now the contents of it are as following:
###

# *** font longitudinal position (not changed)
sub_pos=0

# *** Font size, with a maximum of 102 (was 60)
sub_size=40

# *** Font file name from the network to download or computer Fonts directory TTF fonts,
# *** and then fill in the corresponding font name below "=" sign on the right. (was STCAIYUN.TTF)
sub_font=FRADMCN.TTF

# *** Font foreground color, to take reference color values ,
# *** and then fill in the color value of #xxxxxx below "=" symbol on the right (this is and was black border)
sub_Bcolor=#000000

# *** Subtitles background color, to take reference color values ,
# *** and then fill in the color value of #xxxxxx below "=" symbol on the right (now it is white, was deep sea blue #00BFFF )
sub_Fcolor=#FFFFFF

# *** 3D subtitle depth of field, the left and right sides Subtitles deviation (was 5)
sub_3Ddeep=4

# *** Subtitles time cross-sectional unit of milliseconds, such as 1000 represents 1 second, 1500 for 1.5 seconds (not changed)
sub_timestamp=0

# *** Subtitle encoding gbk - Simplified Chinese (mainland users),
# *** big5 - Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan users) - now changed to utf16le (Unicode)
sub_char_encode=utf16le

###

With best regards

Lauri
TheUglyBad likes this.
post #678 of 687 Old 04-07-2015, 04:38 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carat_EST View Post
I solved the Subtitle problem myself. This text here can be translated into any language and used as help.
Great stuff your adding to the community. Thanks!
post #679 of 687 Old 04-09-2015, 11:38 PM

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltanar View Post
No, i need The latest one hdsir version because on october 2013 the subs has problems.
Very strange. I had problems with subtitles (external ones not working for bluray disc) only with 2014 June version. When I installed 2013 October version the subtitles appeared. Maybe you are using wrong encoding, character set or font?
post #680 of 687 Old 04-29-2015, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by borland View Post
you just need to place youtube_ver0_1__1920x1080__720p.swf script on USB drive and run it via SWF menu option. dead easy. however as youtube is now present on almost everything including smart tvs, media players and soon - washing machines, fridges and other home appliances I don't think it's terribly useful option!
Hi Borland, can you please let me know how to get youtube.rar file.

Last edited by reju; 04-29-2015 at 07:38 AM.
post #681 of 687 Old 04-29-2015, 10:45 PM

Is it possible to post the youtube.rar file link here?
post #682 of 687 Old 05-01-2015, 09:58 AM

Wink Cyber Criminals

Quote:
Originally Posted by reju View Post
Is it possible to post the youtube.rar file link here?
Probably not, since the moderators all regard us as deadly Cyber Criminals meddling with our legally purchased products. God forbid! You'll probably be asking to change a fuse in your fridge next. I'm just relieved MI6 haven't come knocking on my door yet; I expect to be dragged off any day...
post #683 of 687 Old 05-01-2015, 11:19 AM

In that case I think I would have to wait for Borland or someone to PM me the youtube script download link :-)
post #684 of 687 Old 05-02-2015, 10:23 AM

I found one youtube_ver0_1__1920x1080__720p.swf script but when I run it through USB drive it says that its designed for Dune HD TV.
So it does not work :-(
post #685 of 687 Old 05-15-2015, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confederate View Post
I have played a couple of BDMV folders from my NAS so far.

It seems that there are issues whenever the movie's Dolby True HD track is played. In this case the movie stutters a lot and it is unwatchable.
Playing the Dolby Digital track ( French audio track for instance ) does not cause this problem.

I first thought it was due to the high bitrate HOWEVER I have had not had this problem playing Criterion Blu Rays such as Videodrome from my NAS
which use very high bitrates ( video bitrate around 35 mbit/s ! plus LPCM 1.0 track ). And the Star Trek's combined video and Dolby True HD audio track
are less, around 25-30 mbit/s combined.

I then found a way to play the movie nonetheless:

I renamed the BDMV into BDMVrenamed or whatever and played the m2ts video stream file containing the main movie ( in this case the newest Star Trek movie )
via NFS. This did not solve the issue. Same stutters. HOWEVER playing the same m2ts video stream file via DNLA did not cause that problem. The movie plays
perfectly ! I think this is a good workaround and I can live with it.
Playing the BDMV folder directly via DNLA did not work at all.

The only thing I miss is Netflix support

I had this too with any server and any BD rip, either ISO or BDMV. I have them on a Qnap NAS, an unraid server and a Thecus NAS. All servers are on my Gigabit network. On the Thecus and unraid server I found /proc/fs/nfsd/max_block_size which was set too high. I set the value to 4096 or 8192. O the Qnap server I lowered to UDP payload value to 4096. Now I can play all 2D BD-rips without annoying stuttering or sound breakups. 3D rips are placed on an external harddisk and played over USB on my BDP-450
post #686 of 687 Old 05-18-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dikkiedirk View Post
I had this too with any server and any BD rip, either ISO or BDMV. I have them on a Qnap NAS, an unraid server and a Thecus NAS. All servers are on my Gigabit network. On the Thecus and unraid server I found /proc/fs/nfsd/max_block_size which was set too high. I set the value to 4096 or 8192. O the Qnap server I lowered to UDP payload value to 4096. Now I can play all 2D BD-rips without annoying stuttering or sound breakups. 3D rips are placed on an external harddisk and played over USB on my BDP-450
And Confederate, there really is no need to miss Netflix either. Just buy a stick!

https://www.google.co.uk/chrome/devices/chromecast/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-W87CU.../dp/B00KAKUN3E

https://www.roku.com/products/streaming-stick
post #687 of 687 Old 05-28-2015, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I recently tried to play WMA lossless files but it did not work. Has anybody tried WMA lossless?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Pioneer