BluRay HDMI Issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-01-2012, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This may be an old issue, maybe not. I have an Integra 30.3 AVR connected to my Sony EX55 via HDMI. When I connect my LG BD player via HDMI through the BD input on the Integra, I get quick 1 second flashes of video, then black for 3 seconds or so, then 1 sec video, then black, on and on. If I run the BD directly into the TV, no problem. Changed HDMI's, same issue. This happened with my old Denon AVR, too. That's why I switched to the Integra. So, not the AVR. Not the cables. Took the LG to a Best Buy for Geek Squad help. It did it for them, too. Bad BD player, right? Nope. Replaced the LG with a new PS3. Same same when connected to the Game input. Tried new firmware for TV. Tried turn-on sequence changes. First the AVR, then the PS3, then the TV. Same same. Tried PS3 first, then AVR, then TV. Same same.

Oh, audio is unaffected. When I go to Pandora, herky jerky in the semi-dark not being able to see the screen, audio is fine.

I reset the PS3 and connected via red white yellow analog to the AVR. Works fine. I'll settle for this if I can't get the HDMI to work, but it seems a shame to not use HDMI with a BluRay device.

?????????????????

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-01-2012, 11:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 268
No idea. But have you looked at the AVR's setup menu for the HDMI. Does it offer "amp" vs. "thru" or something like that? If so, try the other mode. It may fix the video but prevent the AVR from having access to the HD audio, but worth the test anyway.

Does the TV have CEC? That's some sort of device control via HDMI. Try turning it off.

Have you asked in the TV's thread? They might have some ideas.

Good luck!

Roger

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-02-2012, 12:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Actually you should first look or ask in the AVR forum. Player to TV no problem strongly indicates it is the AVR or rather, TV-AVR interaction. The fact that it occurs in both Denon and Integra AVRs does not necessarily mean AVR is not responsible. Over in the AVR forum there are many posts on this and Onkyo comes up most frequently.

Audiosceptics accept audio trials using 25 people. A recent Oxford study with over 353,000 patient records from 639 separate clinical trials shows for every 1,000 people taking diclofenac or ibuprofen there would be 3 additional heart attacks, 4 more cases of heart failure and 1 death every year.

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Playstation 3 80gb System

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page