Built-in WiFiBuilt-in WiFiBuilt-in WiFi
Smartphone RemoteSmartphone RemoteSmartphone Remote
Touch Pad RemoteTouch Pad Remote
Smart Eco Sensor
Multi User ModeMulti User ModeMulti User Mode
VIERA LinkVIERA LinkVIERA Link
Slot-in Drive
Ultra fast Boot & Load Ultra fast Boot & LoadUltra fast Boot & Load
Low Power Consum.Low Power Consum.Low Power Consum.
Ultra Slim Design
Energy Star QualifiedEnergy Star QualifiedEnergy Star Qualified

I can't get the table rows to line-up correctly but my current DMP-BDT 300 is giving me loading issues probably because I watch a movie a day and it's been almost two years. I'm looking at the possibility of getting a 2012 model. I'm interested in the items that are highlighted in RED if anyone has good information on them.

See less See more
#3,552 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3540#post_23182591

They must have recently added it. The last time I checked the 3D streams were not available on my BDT220. That's at least good news then if the Netflix 3D streaming is finally expanding to more devices.

EDIT: I'm still not seeing the 3D option from my BDT220. I just plugged it back in but I am still only seeing the SuperHD option. Still no problem with 3D from Vudu though.

OK I swear I didn't imagine it, but I cannot repeat that first success. Color me embarrassed. I've tried re-playing Oscar 3D out of my "recently played" queue on Netflix, and it always comes up in 2D now. I'm wondering if it's some kind of bandwidth or caching issue, or if I somehow fooled myself with the 2D-3D button (really really don't think so, but ????). Either way, I spoke too soon -- 3D streaming from Netflix is either not a supported feature on the BDT220 or it's not yet a reliable feature. Sorry about that.

#3,553 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh901  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3540#post_23182472

I am considering the BDT-330 to replace my BDT-220 so that I can send the video directly to my panel using the 2nd HDMI output. While my Pre-pro is 3D capable, I thought I'd simply skip the extra signal path. Do those wishing to enjoy the very best PQ often take this route? Will I run into lip sync problems?

The Oppo is quite a bit more expensive and I have a hi-end SACD player for my stereo system, so I'd only go for the Oppo if the PQ would be better.

Thoughts and advice much appreciated!

I have a setting to adjust lip sync issues in my BDT500 and I would think the BDT330 does also. The picture quality will be the same as the BDT220 or any other modern blu ray player for blu ray discs.

I hope this helps you.

Al

#3,554 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by crouchingpotato  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3500_100#post_23189427

OK I swear I didn't imagine it, but I cannot repeat that first success. Color me embarrassed. I've tried re-playing Oscar 3D out of my "recently played" queue on Netflix, and it always comes up in 2D now. I'm wondering if it's some kind of bandwidth or caching issue, or if I somehow fooled myself with the 2D-3D button (really really don't think so, but ????). Either way, I spoke too soon -- 3D streaming from Netflix is either not a supported feature on the BDT220 or it's not yet a reliable feature. Sorry about that.

If your device is Netflix 3D-capable, wouldn't there be a "Play in 3D" option along with the plain "Play" option, or do a bunch of 3D versions of things that they have in 2D pop up? Also you'd see a 3D genre in the browser (like this ), wouldn't you?

#3,555 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-triodes  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3540#post_23189297

Although I find this hard to believe -to put it mildly- I'm willing to reserve judgement if you provide a link.

BTW, I have an Oppo 83 and 95 as well as a Panny 210 and 500 and I would never think of dumping either Oppo in favor of either Panny. Not even close.

The 83 and 93 are great reference transports, but things are a bit different with the QDEO chip in the 103 and also Pioneer Elite 62FD. There is a very long thread for the 103 which I don't have time to re-read, where some people are waiting for a firmware fix because the so-called "source direct" mode is softening the image. A few are less patient, returning either the 103 or the 62FD.

I edited my post to say "some people" because "many people" was an exaggeration, sorry.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1428692/avs-owners-thread-for-the-pioneer-elite-bdp-62fd/240#post_23080598
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1432162/official-oppo-bdp-103-owners-thread/6330#post_23046277

PS nice Avatar (King Crimson)

#3,557 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafan  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3540#post_23192538

Is 3D streaming from Netflix (or any other source, like Amazon or Vudu) available on BDT-500?

I bought a BDT-220, as it seems that's not available on it, I wonder if I should upgrade to 500.

The BDT220 gets 3D from Vudu, but not currently from Netflix. I would expect the BDT500 to be the same way. Especially since the new 2013 boxes supposedly don't have 3D from Netflix either.

#3,558 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3540#post_23192602

The BDT220 gets 3D from Vudu, but not currently from Netflix. I would expect the BDT500 to be the same way. Especially since the new 2013 boxes supposedly don't have 3D from Netflix either.
thanks for clarifying that. Is this the sort of things that future firmware update may resolve?

#3,559 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafan  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3500_100#post_23192943

thanks for clarifying that. Is this the sort of things that future firmware update may resolve?

Probably. The question is, will Panasonic do it? I'm fairly certain that it'd require a firmware update; Netflix can make some autonomous functional changes in their HTML5 code, but that seems like something that'd require deeper functionality. Panasonic has declined to update their Amazon player to include 5.1 sound and Watchlist support and I hear that's true of even of the 2013 models. Of course, that could be completely on Amazon, but I doubt it.

#3,560 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafan  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3540#post_23192943

the 3d netflix is when you have an open connection with the local internet company. same goes with the super HD. so its possible that the new panasonic players can do that. the catch is that you need the open connected thing.

if alot of people complain about it then I would say yes. if you are only one.. then consider yourself *** out of luck.

Jacob

#3,561 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob305  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3500_100#post_23193338

the 3d netflix is when you have an open connection with the local internet company. same goes with the super HD. so its possible that the new panasonic players can do that. the catch is that you need the open connected thing.

aaronwt's ISP is set up for Open Connect and he's tried the BDT220 and doesn't get 3D from it.

Open Connect is Netflix's name for their private Content Delivery Network (aka CDN). CDNs are companies with server farms located around the country (and world) who lease those servers to companies like Netflix who have a product (like streaming video) which is optimally provided by servers located as physically close to the customer as possible. Netflix uses several commercial CDNs to host their video streaming servers, including Limelight Networks, Level 3 Communications and Akamai Technologies. They also use Amazon CloudFront servers but apparently not for streaming video, though they serve a function in the process (looks like player/clients contact an Amazon server and it hooks it up with servers to stream the video). As stated, Netflix created their own private CDN which they call Open Connect and only host their Super HD and 3D video encodes on servers in that CDN. Your ISP must negotiate access to Open Connect before you'll have access to those encodes (or you can do it using a "VPN" service like Unblock-US.com).

#3,562 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3540#post_23193592

aaronwt's ISP is set up for Open Connect and he's tried the BDT220 and doesn't get 3D from it.

Open Connect is Netflix's name for their private Content Delivery Network (aka CDN). CDNs are companies with server farms located around the country (and world) who lease those servers to companies like Netflix who have a product (like streaming video) which is optimally provided by servers located as physically close to the customer as possible. Netflix uses several commercial CDNs to host their video streaming servers, including Limelight Networks, Level 3 Communications and Akamai Technologies. They also use Amazon CloudFront servers but apparently not for streaming video, though they serve a function in the process (looks like player/clients contact an Amazon server and it hooks it up with servers to stream the video). As stated, Netflix created their own private CDN which they call Open Connect and only host their Super HD and 3D video encodes on servers in that CDN. Your ISP must negotiate access to Open Connect before you'll have access to those encodes (or you can do it using a "VPN" service like Unblock-US.com).

I use UnBlock US. But still the result is the same, I get access to the SuperHD and 3D streams. Well at least with my PS3 and Sony S5100 BD player. Not the BDT220. Not 3D anyway.

#3,563 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3540#post_23193807

I use UnBlock US. But still the result is the same, I get access to the SuperHD and 3D streams.

there is an issue with unblocked. the 3d doesnt work. I tried it out for a week with my ps3. I only got the 3d to work sometimes. mostly at night.

Jacob

#3,564 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob305  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3540#post_23193814

there is an issue with unblocked. the 3d doesnt work. I tried it out for a week with my ps3. I only got the 3d to work sometimes. mostly at night.

Jacob
That is exactly my experience. I didn't trace it back to Unblock-US. I thought it was Netflix being a little flaky.

#3,566 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob305  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3540#post_23193814

Jacob

I get 3D from Netflix on my PS3 and my Sony S5100. It's working here. But it is sometimes inconsistent. If I can get SuperHD I can get the 3D streams. I check with the example short first. If SuperHD shows up I know I'm fine to stream the 3D. If the SuperHD doesn't show up I back out of Netflix and start it again. Usually it's fine on the first try. But sometimes. it can take a few tries until the SuperHD and 3D streams show up.

Plus even if you can get the 3D streams, Netflix says you need a 12Mbps connection to stream without issues.

#3,567 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktipp  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3500_100#post_23194856

I have the same issue. So I see that after one year of patches and updates this is still not fixed and very anoying.

Please check this so we can play srt files from our USB sticks.

¿Qué? You should quote the post you're responding to, especially if it's back a ways.

#3,568 ·
I have the 220, And for the first time I tried to access the Bd-live live content and I kept getting a message saying that I wasn't connected to the Internet

what got so far that I actually dragged a lan cable and hardwired it in and yet it still says I'm not connected to the Internet

is there some other setting that I need to check to make sure that everything is correct?

might I have something defective? I can access this content I am able to connect to the Viera connect store and all the apps just fine so why is it that I can't do this with the disk that I rented which is "ted"

Any help is appreciated

#3,569 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3500_100#post_23198303

I have the 220, And for the first time I tried to access the Bd-live live content and I kept getting a message saying that I wasn't connected to the Internet

what got so far that I actually dragged a lan cable and hardwired it in and yet it still says I'm not connected to the Internet

is there some other setting that I need to check to make sure that everything is correct?

might I have something defective? I can access this content I am able to connect to the Viera connect store and all the apps just fine so why is it that I can't do this with the disk that I rented which is "ted"

Any help is appreciated

Do you have some memory installed in the SD card slot (a GB or more)?

#3,571 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3500_100#post_23198345

I do not, I didn't know that was a pre-requisite

From page 17 of the manual :
Quote:
Enjoying BD-Live

With “BD-Live” discs, you can enjoy bonus contents that use Internet access.

For this BD-Live function, insertion of an SD card is necessary along with Internet connection.

1 Perform network connection and settings. (􀀾 10, 11)

2 Insert an SD card with 1 GB or more free space.

≥ The SD card is used as the local storage.

Without that there's no local store in the player to download BD Live features into. I believe that it also uses it for BDs that have bookmarking features. Some BDs will complain when you start them if there's no memory; usually you can get them to continue but they stop in the middle of loading every time. You can get a 2 GB SDC for $5 or less; up to 8 GB for less than $10.

#3,572 ·
I found a 4gb mini sd card laying around ( I have adapter)

And still no success

I may spring for a real full 2gb card and see what happens, maybe the fact it's a mini is still causing issues.... Thought the process seems to have moved ahead slightly further

Any thoughts on THIS?

Yhanks

#3,573 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angler55  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3540#post_23189454

I have a setting to adjust lip sync issues in my BDT500 and I would think the BDT330 does also. The picture quality will be the same as the BDT220 or any other modern blu ray player for blu ray discs.

I hope this helps you.

Al

I appreciate your time, but I remain confused. I'm an audiophile of sorts so I'm familiar with nuance and disagreements and misunderstandings, etc. I thought the video side would be very straightforward for a variety of reasons.

I have a BDT-220, but my plan is to sell it to GF as she needs a blu ray player. I thought I'd use this excuse to do the best I can for my VT50 (or ZT60, maybe) and for SQ, if applicable. I'm a purist of sorts, but not tied down firmly to rigid beliefs. I thought that an extra HDMI out direct to the VT50 would be good and then I was thinking about "Source Direct". I tend to get excited about bypassing extra processing, etc.

I'll hold out for a few more days and try to nail this down.

#3,574 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3570#post_23198800

I found a 4gb mini sd card laying around ( I have adapter)

And still no success

I may spring for a real full 2gb card and see what happens, maybe the fact it's a mini is still causing issues.... Thought the process seems to have moved ahead slightly further

Any thoughts on THIS?

Yhanks

Do you have the option for BD-LIve Internet Access set to "Allow" in the Network settings?

EDIT: I just tried it with an SD card and with a USB stick. It's not working for me either. I'm using the King Kong BD to test the BD-Live. It works fine in my SOny S5100 players. No idea why it isn't working in my BDP220. I reformatted the SD card but it still thinks that I don't have a BD lIve enabled player.

#3,575 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathbone  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/390#post_21755324

Don't know if already mentioned in this thread but my new BDT320 has a subtitle shift option when playing BDs!

Just bought the BDT330 (specially because I expected it to work with subtitle shift), but can't seem to find any option to shift the subtitles...

Where did you find the option? Maybe it's a configuration something?

#3,576 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3570#post_23198990

Do you have the option for BD-LIve Internet Access set to "Allow" in the Network settings?

EDIT: I just tried it with an SD card and with a USB stick. It's not working for me either. I'm using the King Kong BD to test the BD-Live. It works fine in my SOny S5100 players. No idea why it isn't working in my BDP220. I reformatted the SD card but it still thinks that I don't have a BD lIve enabled player.

So what's going on here?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.