Official Panasonic DMP-BDT 220/320/500 Owners Thread - Page 145 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #4321 of 4325 Old 07-01-2015, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a 220 with a lost remote. I want to use the phone app, but it can't see the unit. When I switch the 220 on, I see it light up the corresponding port on my network switch for a moment, but then it goes dark again. I suspect the 220 is configured to use WiFi (not my WiFi, mind you), and obviously I can't change this because I don't have the remote. So then I thought if I could do a factory reset it would probably default back to ethernet. Unfortunately it seems that the geniuses at Panasonic elected to use a button sequence reliant on the remote for factory reset, and again, I don't have the remote.

My Panasonic TV has a TV/BD toggle switch on it, but in BD mode it seems that the only commands the 220 understands are Power and Play, not the all important arrow/enter cluster (or the buttons required for a factory reset). The TV predates the 220, so I guess that's no surprise.

Is there anything I haven't thought of?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4322 of 4325 Old Yesterday, 05:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Liked: 643
Factory reset won't help anyway since it's not enabled by default. If you have any other universal remote, from a cable box for example, it will work. Otherwise, you can get an old cable remote from eBay for about $3.
post #4323 of 4325 Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Factory reset won't help anyway since it's not enabled by default. If you have any other universal remote, from a cable box for example, it will work. Otherwise, you can get an old cable remote from eBay for about $3.
If a Panasonic V20 remote can't do it, then why would an old cable remote be able to?

Today I managed to get the enter key to work via an old Pioneer receiver remote (using it's code for Panasonic DVD players), but no arrow keys so it's useless. What I don't understand is why I can't even get enter with the V20 remote. The Pioneer remote is way older than both the V20 and the 220.
post #4324 of 4325 Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Liked: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubadah View Post
If a Panasonic V20 remote can't do it, then why would an old cable remote be able to?

Today I managed to get the enter key to work via an old Pioneer receiver remote (using it's code for Panasonic DVD players), but no arrow keys so it's useless. What I don't understand is why I can't even get enter with the V20 remote. The Pioneer remote is way older than both the V20 and the 220.
Because Panasonic TV remotes are designed to control TVs and just power (and possibly input/channel/vol) for a secondary device. Cable remotes are truly universal.

I'm just offering my expertise and a very cheap solution known to work 100%. The same advice I gave in the thread below, 7 years ago still applies. All Panasonic disc players use the same codes which are present in most universal remotes. Those made by UEI are the most flexible and programmable and can perform absolutely every possible Panasonic function. See my signature for more details and lists of compatible universal remotes. If you need more codes, I can post them. I have codes for nearly all Panasonic players. I have probably posted them in other Panasonic threads years ago if you'd rather search on your own.

Official Panasonic DMR-EZ28K thread

If you decide to obtain such a remote, please post back so that I can confirm whether it will work and to what extent. The layperson generally won't be able to tell which remotes are UEI made or not. But f you've ever had cable or satellite, you've used a UEI remote.

Last edited by mdavej; Yesterday at 10:17 PM.
post #4325 of 4325 Old Today, 06:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubadah View Post
I have a 220 with a lost remote. I want to use the phone app, but it can't see the unit. When I switch the 220 on, I see it light up the corresponding port on my network switch for a moment, but then it goes dark again. I suspect the 220 is configured to use WiFi (not my WiFi, mind you), and obviously I can't change this because I don't have the remote. So then I thought if I could do a factory reset it would probably default back to ethernet. Unfortunately it seems that the geniuses at Panasonic elected to use a button sequence reliant on the remote for factory reset, and again, I don't have the remote.

My Panasonic TV has a TV/BD toggle switch on it, but in BD mode it seems that the only commands the 220 understands are Power and Play, not the all important arrow/enter cluster (or the buttons required for a factory reset). The TV predates the 220, so I guess that's no surprise.

Is there anything I haven't thought of?

My Yamaha rxv775 remote brings up all the menu and arrow keys in HDMI-CEC. Not as cheap as buying a new remote, but....

A: Yamaha RX-V775. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Samsung UN40ES6150, Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550.

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , blu-ray , blu-ray dvd player , Panasonic , panasonic 220 , Panasonic Dmp Bdt220 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt320 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt500 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , purple , receiver , tint , touchpad remote control
Gear in this thread - Bdt220 by PriceGrabber.com