Built-in WiFiBuilt-in WiFiBuilt-in WiFi
Smartphone RemoteSmartphone RemoteSmartphone Remote
Touch Pad RemoteTouch Pad Remote
Smart Eco Sensor
Multi User ModeMulti User ModeMulti User Mode
VIERA LinkVIERA LinkVIERA Link
Slot-in Drive
Ultra fast Boot & Load Ultra fast Boot & LoadUltra fast Boot & Load
Low Power Consum.Low Power Consum.Low Power Consum.
Ultra Slim Design
Energy Star QualifiedEnergy Star QualifiedEnergy Star Qualified

I can't get the table rows to line-up correctly but my current DMP-BDT 300 is giving me loading issues probably because I watch a movie a day and it's been almost two years. I'm looking at the possibility of getting a 2012 model. I'm interested in the items that are highlighted in RED if anyone has good information on them.

See less See more
#3,678 ·

^ I'd think that by not entering your router's SSID and network key into the player's settings, the wifi wouldn't be on, and you'd use the ethernet. It should offer the choice of either wifi or wired connection. (don't own the 230).

#3,680 ·
I should hope that it wouldn't run the WiFi radio when you have it set to wired network mode, or if you don't have networking set up on it at all.

#3,682 ·
I searched this thread before and found some info on the subject and whatever I did back then seemed to work for a while. But, it is not turning off again and sometimes I have to try 2 or 3 times to get it to turn off. Anyone have a fix for this?

Also I cannot go back the the Main DVD Menu in the middle of a movie. It says something like this function is not available. I have to go back to Home and then back into the movie to get to the main menu and then of course I have lost where I was at in the movie. Is there a way to go back to the Main Menu without having to go home?

Seems like for both these questions it has to be settings are wrong. My DVD player is: Panasonic DMP-BDT 220

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

#3,684 ·
I'm confused about getting 3D from Netflix.

I have a Panasonic 50UT 3D tv and a Panny 320 3D Blue ray player both 2012 models.

I get my Internet connection from FIOS about 35 Mbs down. I have a PC with both Macintosh 10.8.3 and MS Windows Windows 7 SP1 which I use to set up my Netflix queues.

I saw the 3D movies in the Netflix catalog but clicking on them [used the TV not the player that time] just showed a regular 2D picture, not a Side by side or top & bottom. I use my TV's remote to control the Blu-ray player.

Can't get used to the one that came with the player where I have to slide my finger on a pad.

I also have been using a virtual remote [to control TV & FIOS STB] which is an app on my Android 4.2[Jellybean] Nexus 10 tablet.

What do I need to do to watch Netflix 3D streaming episodes/movies.

I also have Amazon Instant Prime, but I don't think it has 3D in they're catalog

#3,685 ·
So you're saying that you see a 3D genre row in the Netflix player's browser (like
) or you just see some content with "3D" in the title?

Netflix has stated that you can play their 3D content on PS3s connected to 3D TVs and on some LG smart TVs. Since then we know that the Sony BDP-S5100 can play them.

#3,686 ·
For anyone else interested, I asked a dealer how to disable the wifi on the 230 and here is the answer..

Go to set up, then go down to ‘Player Settings’ and then to ‘Network’ and pressed OK. Go down to ‘Network Settings’ and then go to ‘LAN Connection Mode’ and switch it to ‘Wired’. This turns the wireless off.

#3,687 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by radman3d  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3660#post_23320486

I searched this thread before and found some info on the subject and whatever I did back then seemed to work for a while. But, it is not turning off again and sometimes I have to try 2 or 3 times to get it to turn off. Anyone have a fix for this?

Also I cannot go back the the Main DVD Menu in the middle of a movie. It says something like this function is not available. I have to go back to Home and then back into the movie to get to the main menu and then of course I have lost where I was at in the movie. Is there a way to go back to the Main Menu without having to go home?

Seems like for both these questions it has to be settings are wrong. My DVD player is: Panasonic DMP-BDT 220

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

To access the menu, press OPTION on the remote, then select POPUP MENU.

#3,688 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by second childhood  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3660#post_23329223

I'm confused about getting 3D from Netflix.

I have a Panasonic 50UT 3D tv and a Panny 320 3D Blue ray player both 2012 models.

I get my Internet connection from FIOS about 35 Mbs down. I have a PC with both Macintosh 10.8.3 and MS Windows Windows 7 SP1 which I use to set up my Netflix queues.

I saw the 3D movies in the Netflix catalog but clicking on them [used the TV not the player that time] just showed a regular 2D picture, not a Side by side or top & bottom. I use my TV's remote to control the Blu-ray player.

Can't get used to the one that came with the player where I have to slide my finger on a pad.

I also have been using a virtual remote [to control TV & FIOS STB] which is an app on my Android 4.2[Jellybean] Nexus 10 tablet.

What do I need to do to watch Netflix 3D streaming episodes/movies.

I also have Amazon Instant Prime, but I don't think it has 3D in they're catalog

The Panny players do not have access to the Netflix 3D(well at least the last time I checked). But even if they did, FiOS is not part of the Netflix Open Connect so you still would not be able to access them with the FiOS DNS IP addresses. I'm on the FiOS 150/65 tier. I use unBlock US and enter their DNS IP addresses which gives me access to the Netflix 3D and Super HD streams. The Panny players can access the SUper HD streams that way. I use my Sony S5100 players to access the Netflix 3D streams.

The PS3 can also access the Netflix 3D streams. But they are limited to only 720P output for the 3D from the Netflix and Vudu Apps. WHich is one of the reasons I picked up the Sony S5100 players. They can output 3D in 1080P from the Netflix and Vudu apps.

#3,690 ·
3D Netflix depends on your internet carrier. The carrier has to adopt a certain protocol. Netflix has an app that will check this out for you. I have Brighthouse (dimhouse) as a carrier and they do not do 3D.

I know my internet carrier sucks but DSL from ATT is much worse. Go to your help page in Netflix and follow the links on your PC to verify

Netflix now offers 3D streaming for select titles in the United States with the following devices:

•Sony PlayStation 3 (connected TV must support 3D)

•LG TV Series: LM6200, LM6400, LM6600, LM6650, LM6700, LM7600, LS5700, LS5750, PM4700, PM6700, PM6900, PM9700

•Additional device support coming soon!

To stream titles in 3D, your Internet Provider needs to be connected to our new content delivery network - Netflix Open Connect. Visit our Super HD page to see if your Internet Provider is connected. Open Connect is required for both Super HD and 3D streaming.

If you have a compatible device and your Internet Provider is connected to Netflix Open Connect, you can find 3D titles by looking for the 3D logo.

Please note that 3D streaming requires an Internet connection speed of at least 6Mb/s, while 12Mb/s will deliver our highest 3D video quality.

For more information about Netflix Open Connect, visit our Open Connect page.

#3,691 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by generallee  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3690#post_23334959

3D Netflix depends on your internet carrier. The carrier has to adopt a certain protocol. Netflix has an app that will check this out for you.

Your ISP has to be set up for access to Netflix's Open Connect Content Delivery Network. You can test whether they are at http://signup.netflix.com/superhd .

#3,692 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by generallee  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3690#post_23334959

3D Netflix depends on your internet carrier. The carrier has to adopt a certain protocol. Netflix has an app that will check this out for you. I have Brighthouse (dimhouse) as a carrier and they do not do 3D.

I know my internet carrier sucks but DSL from ATT is much worse. Go to your help page in Netflix and follow the links on your PC to verify

Netflix now offers 3D streaming for select titles in the United States with the following devices:

•Sony PlayStation 3 (connected TV must support 3D)

•LG TV Series: LM6200, LM6400, LM6600, LM6650, LM6700, LM7600, LS5700, LS5750, PM4700, PM6700, PM6900, PM9700

•Additional device support coming soon!

To stream titles in 3D, your Internet Provider needs to be connected to our new content delivery network - Netflix Open Connect. Visit our Super HD page to see if your Internet Provider is connected. Open Connect is required for both Super HD and 3D streaming.

If you have a compatible device and your Internet Provider is connected to Netflix Open Connect, you can find 3D titles by looking for the 3D logo.

Please note that 3D streaming requires an Internet connection speed of at least 6Mb/s, while 12Mb/s will deliver our highest 3D video quality.

For more information about Netflix Open Connect, visit our Open Connect page.

That list is outdated. I've been using my Sony S5100 for 3D from Netflix for almost 8 weeks now. I got it because my Panny BDT220 did not have access to the Netflix 3D streams. And also the PS3 Slim is limited to 720P output for 3D from the apps like Netflix and Vudu.

#3,693 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3690#post_23330463

To access the menu, press OPTION on the remote, then select POPUP MENU.

When I press Option it says "This Operation is not available". If I just press POPUP Menu in the middle of a movie it still says "This Operation is not available". How does everyone else get to the Main Movie Menu when the movie is playing with the DMP-BDT-220?

#3,694 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by radman3d  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3690#post_23335507

When I press Option it says "This Operation is not available". If I just press POPUP Menu in the middle of a movie it still says "This Operation is not available". How does everyone else get to the Main Movie Menu when the movie is playing with the DMP-BDT-220?

If you press "Option" while the movie is playing it should take you to the option menu. That will work only if the movie is playing, whether it be a disc or streaming. If that doesn't work for you I would think something is wrong with the player or the remote.

Al

#3,695 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3270#post_23036398

The 230 does have a web browser, I was just trying to figure out how flexible it is. From the Panasonic web site'

Hi, I've just got my 320, is there a browser or how else do I load new apps and features?

Cheers, I'm new to this but like the player.

Dops.

Make Web Surfing More Fun

The Panasonic DMP-BDT230 Smart Network 3D Blu-Ray Disc™ Player comes equipped with an Internet browser. So all your favorite sites usually seen from your PC, smartphone or tablet can be displayed on your large-screen TV, from the comfort of your living room. It makes surfing the web more fun, more social and more sharable¿a great way to bring friends and family closer together.

#3,697 ·
I'm a new Panasonic Blu-ray player owner since I was able to buy two refurbished BDT220 Blu-ray players online at Best Buy for $14.99 right before they were sold out. I figure I may as well have a couple Blu-ray players at my disposable and save my PS3 the trouble and also have one as a backup. It's also nice to have a Panasonic Blu-ray player to match my Panasonic plasma.

Reactions: vivatech
#3,699 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanBlade86  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3690#post_23344517

I'm a new Panasonic Blu-ray player owner since I was able to buy two refurbished BDT220 Blu-ray players online at Best Buy for $14.99 right before they were sold out. I figure I may as well have a couple Blu-ray players at my disposable and save my PS3 the trouble and also have one as a backup. It's also nice to have a Panasonic Blu-ray player to match my Panasonic plasma.
$14.99 ?!?!??!!! That was a heck of a deal!!

#3,700 ·
Wait...whut?

#3,701 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.