Official Panasonic DMP-BDT 220/320/500 Owners Thread - Page 149 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 19Likes

post #4441 of 4458 Old 09-19-2016, 07:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausdavep View Post
Yeah, any brand is relatively cheap now, maybe time for UHD?

To further troubleshoot, could you try a different input into your amp. If the problem goes away, then that would make it more an amp issue (although thats probably worse :/ ).
Aww hell,, hope its not an amp issue.. but on the plus side i got a 3 year warranty on it..lol,,better get to work on it.

LG 47LW5600 (3D) - Energy take classic 5.0 - SVS PB-1000 - Panasonic BDT220 (3D) - Sony BD S350 - Sony BDP-S1700 (Region Free) -
Denon AVR X2100W - Harmony One Remote - Harmony Ultimate One.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4442 of 4458 Old 12-22-2016, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm looking for some help - no video only getting audio from my Panasonic blu ray to my TV:

I have a Panasonic BDT220 Blu Ray, Sony XBR75x850, and Denon 3312ci receiver. The issue is I can't get video from the blu ray to the TV (through the receiver), although I do get audio.

I've check all cable connections and I am using high speed HDMI.

I've also tried hooking the Panasonic blu ray directly to the Sony TV via HDMI and that does infact work.

I also have hooked up my set top box (AT&T Uverse) through the receiver and I do get audio AND picture to the TV.

The receiver has two HDMI out ports, and I do get audio AND video from the other out port (using blu ray) to a separate television (it is a Samsung and uses a shorter HDMI cable and yes I've tried switching between the two HDMI out ports, with no success).

Any thoughts?

The only thing I can think is the HDMI cable is too long (I think it's 50 or 75 feet), but not sure this is the issue as I noted before I do get a audio and video with the Uverse box using the same cable and output/input ports. Or, is there some issue with the blu ray going through the receiver to the TV - possible "handshake" issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
post #4443 of 4458 Old 04-28-2017, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Panasonic DMP-BDT 320 - No audio

Hello,

Wondering if anyone else has run across this.

Panasonic DMP-BDT 320 straight into a new Vizio 40: D series UHD 4K TV. Rented a copy of "The Founder" from Redbox. No issues until the actual movie begins. No audio on scene 1 or subsequent scenes. Title screen audio is fine. Bonus features audio is fine. Same thing on second disc from Redbox. No audio from either English or Spanish tracks. Ensured all audio options are off. Two other Blu-ray disc (different titles) play fine. Firmware up to date.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

post #4444 of 4458 Old 07-11-2017, 01:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Panny DMP-BDT220 on latest fw (1.63) has stopped playing BDs (CDs and DVDs fine AFAIK so far). Likely nothing that can be done. Sigh. Will continue to use it for CDs.
post #4445 of 4458 Old 07-11-2017, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Liked: 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post
Panny DMP-BDT220 on latest fw (1.63) has stopped playing BDs (CDs and DVDs fine AFAIK so far). Likely nothing that can be done. Sigh. Will continue to use it for CDs.

If you haven't already, try cleaning the laser.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Oppo UDP-203 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
post #4446 of 4458 Old 07-11-2017, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post
If you haven't already, try cleaning the laser.

S~
Thanks, teachsac. I'm using a Trisonic cleaner I have on hand. Tried it dry (no "cleaning solution") applied the first time and it didn't work. I applied some of the solution and am running it longer now.
post #4447 of 4458 Old 07-11-2017, 02:50 PM
Advanced Member

That did not work either.
post #4448 of 4458 Old 07-16-2017, 10:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 66
I stream Netflix thru my BDT-230, and tonite my Netflix screen looked terrible on my projector. I then checked my projector's(Mits. HC3800) resolution output, and it was 720X480. I then started a movie and there was no audio. I then tried my OTA-HD tuner and the image was good, but no audio there either. I then tried my receiver's FM stereo and it worked fine.

We had thunder and lightning last night, and all my components plug into a surge protector.

Does anyone have any advice how to troubleshoot this?

Is it possible the storm messed up the Blu-ray player AND the audio on my OTA-HD tuner?

Thanks for any advice.
post #4449 of 4458 Old 07-27-2017, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 164
BDT500 Audio Question

I have a BDT 500 connected to a legacy rear projector through DVI for video, and L+R anolog audio out from the player to the TV. Since I have been using the TV's internal speakers, which don't utilize 5.1, that's been an okay solution.

Now I have a receiver and speakers, and want to output the audio through optical to the receiver so I can get 5.1 on my speakers. Does the BDT500 have optical out with a bitstream option, as PCM apparently won't carry 5.1 to my receiver according to Pioneer.

Thanks
post #4450 of 4458 Old 07-27-2017, 11:48 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 2255 Post(s)
Liked: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi4 View Post
I have a BDT 500 connected to a legacy rear projector through DVI for video, and L+R anolog audio out from the player to the TV. Since I have been using the TV's internal speakers, which don't utilize 5.1, that's been an okay solution.

Now I have a receiver and speakers, and want to output the audio through optical to the receiver so I can get 5.1 on my speakers. Does the BDT500 have optical out with a bitstream option, as PCM apparently won't carry 5.1 to my receiver according to Pioneer.

Thanks
Yes. But since you already have one, how could you not know this already? The port is clearly visible on the back, and the bitstream options are easy to find in the manual and in the player itself.

Last edited by mdavej; 07-27-2017 at 11:51 AM.
post #4451 of 4458 Old 07-27-2017, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Yes. But since you already have one, how could you not know this already? The port is clearly visible on the back, and the bitstream options are easy to find in the manual and in the player itself.
I thank you for your response, but not your attitude which presumes a great deal. I have helped out many people on this forum, and it never occurred to me not to be gracious in a response, or to judge why a person is asking a particular question.
post #4452 of 4458 Old 07-27-2017, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1187 Post(s)
Liked: 618
Send a message via Yahoo to ChromeJob Send a message via Skype™ to ChromeJob
Quote:

Thanks
Why not HMDI? Optical/coax is limited in the types of audio streams you can decode on the receiver. HDMI yields the high resolution audio tracks on BDs.
teachsac likes this.

“Phil? Phil Connors?!”
Are ya new here? Please read FAQs and forum stickies. Like posts that help you. Don't ask a question and then disappear.
A: Yamaha RX-V775. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Samsung UN40ES6150, Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen.
post #4453 of 4458 Old 07-27-2017, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Thanks
To get the most help, it would also be helpful to know the model number of your receiver. Assuming you are still using the HDMI/DVI to your rear projector, the 500 has 2 HDMI audio outputs. 1 for video and 1 for audio. DVI adapters can be finicky, you could also run everything to your receiver, and then the HDMI/DVI adapter from the receiver to your display.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Oppo UDP-203 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
post #4454 of 4458 Old 07-27-2017, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
To get the most help, it would also be helpful to know the model number of your receiver. Assuming you are still using the HDMI/DVI to your rear projector, the 500 has 2 HDMI audio outputs. 1 for video and 1 for audio. DVI adapters can be finicky, you could also run everything to your receiver, and then the HDMI/DVI adapter from the receiver to your display. S~
Thank you, teachsac, for your thoughtful responses.

Initially I thought that I could plug HDMI sources into my receiver, which is a Pioneer Elite SC 07, but a call into Pioneer disabused me of that notion. I was lucky to get someone who was very knowledgeable about legacy devices, but she pointed out that the receiver would not output HDMI into a DVI port because of HDCP issues. Of course, I thought about the fact that my Panasonic is outputting just find into the DVP port of my Mitsubishi 65813. Previously, without a receiver, I was simply using analog audio into the TV, which of course is only 2.0. That didn't matter to me because I was using the TV internal speakers only.
post #4455 of 4458 Old 07-27-2017, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thank you, teachsac, for your thoughtful responses.

Initially I thought that I could plug HDMI sources into my receiver, which is a Pioneer Elite SC 07, but a call into Pioneer disabused me of that notion. I was lucky to get someone who was very knowledgeable about legacy devices, but she pointed out that the receiver would not output HDMI into a DVI port because of HDCP issues. Of course, I thought about the fact that my Panasonic is outputting just find into the DVP port of my Mitsubishi 65813. Previously, without a receiver, I was simply using analog audio into the TV, which of course is only 2.0. That didn't matter to me because I was using the TV internal speakers only.

That helps. The 65813 DVI is actually HDCP compliant. So it might be worth trying to run everything into your Pioneer receiver and then the HDMI/DVI adapter from the HDMI out on the receiver to the Mitsubishi. No guarantees as DVI can be finicky. Give it a try and post back.

S~

post #4456 of 4458 Old 07-27-2017, 03:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That helps. The 65813 DVI is actually HDCP compliant. So it might be worth trying to run everything into your Pioneer receiver and then the HDMI/DVI adapter from the HDMI out on the receiver to the Mitsubishi. No guarantees as DVI can be finicky. Give it a try and post back. S~
I'm impressed with your knowledge regarding the Mits. That explains the mystery of the successful Panasonic output.

My setup will have to wait a bit, as my deal on some unusual KEFs (Model 11) fell through just a hour ago. One of the drivers in the 11 driver speaker is kaput, and no parts are available. Because the deal was struck, I was expecting them in 5 days, but nothing is apparently done until its done. Are you familiar with the FiveTwos? (Model 7 and 11). UniQs plus NXT flat panels.

If the DVI is finicky, will I be able to output the audio from the Panasonic throught HDMI into the receiver, and still run the BDT500 video into DVI?

Hopefully I'll find another pair, but I appreciate your help and broad knowledge.

Last edited by taichi4; 07-27-2017 at 03:20 PM.
post #4457 of 4458 Old 07-27-2017, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I'm impressed with your knowledge regarding the Mits. That explains the mystery of the successful Panasonic output.

My setup will have to wait a bit, as my deal on some unusual KEFs (Model 11) fell through just a hour ago. One of the drivers in the 11 driver speaker is kaput, and no parts are available. Because the deal was struck, I was expecting them in 5 days, but nothing is apparently done until its done. Are you familiar with the FiveTwos? (Model 7 and 11). UniQs plus NXT flat panels.

If the DVI is finicky, will I be able to output the audio from the Panasonic throught HDMI into the receiver, and still run the BDT500 video into DVI?

Hopefully I'll find another pair, but I appreciate your help and broad knowledge.
You should be able to run the dual HDMI setup just fine.

S~

post #4458 of 4458 Old 08-22-2017, 10:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question No Audio on DLNA streaming of video with Dolby Digital Plus

I'm having problems with files streamed to the BDT220 from Serviio via DLNA.

Source files are MKV/MPEG4 video with EAC3 (Dolby Digital Plus) audio. Video works fine but there is no audio.

Files with AC3 audio (Dolby Digital) work fine.

My receiver can decode Dolby Digital but not Dolby Digital Plus. Player is connected to the receiver via HDMI. I'm guessing the player is sending raw audio output to the receiver and the receiver can't handle it.

I thought that switching from Bitstream to PCM would solve the problem but no luck/no difference - I still get video but no audio. I don't really understand all the tech jargon so hopefully someone can help me figure this out. Is it possible that the audio options don't apply to the DLNA client?

I could try to get Serviio to transcode from EAC3 to AC3 but then I'd likely lose other features (seek functions typically stop working when sending transcoded files over DLNA).

Last edited by jssilver; 08-23-2017 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Add question about audio options for DLNA client
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , blu-ray , blu-ray dvd player , Panasonic , panasonic 220 , Panasonic Dmp Bdt220 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt320 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt500 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , purple , receiver , tint , touchpad remote control

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page