Official Panasonic DMP-BDT 220/320/500 Owners Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 4247 Old 02-23-2012, 11:29 PM
 
audio/videoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 353
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That's really not a fair comparison: $1300 for the oppo.
audio/videoman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 12:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jim McC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oconomowoc, WI.
Posts: 5,912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbfleming View Post

German review of the DMP-BDT220

http://translate.google.ca/translate...p-bdt220.shtml

I just read the review and they loved the 220. They said the DVD upscaling and de-interlacing was "spectacular", and better than the last generation players.
Jim McC is offline  
post #63 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 12:53 AM
 
audio/videoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 353
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm glad you were able to make sense of any portion of the review. Aside from it's claim that dvd's look "spectacular," it's unclear whether the reviewer believes BD's look any better on this year's player. Superlatives are tossed around with abandon, but it's unclear if the reviewer ever makes a direct comparison between the 210 and 220 for BD PQ.

edit: the review concludes that both 3D BD and DVD performance are markedly better. It makes no such claim about 2D BD performance.
audio/videoman is offline  
post #64 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 04:22 AM
Member
 
Kermit26.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Much of the reason I'm looking to upgrade from my Panny DMP-BD35 is for the speed increase. Will someone comment on the operation and loading times for the 220 and 320?
Kermit26.2 is offline  
post #65 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 07:01 AM
Member
 
ciaran75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

Can anyone comment on streaming of mkv files from a NAS drive (with subtitles) from the 220

I have a mixture of mkv files ~15Gb each and a selection of full lossless copies of bluray (40Gb+) with HD sound in mkv format.

This would be the main purpose for me.

Thanks,
Ciaran
ciaran75 is offline  
post #66 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 07:54 AM
Senior Member
 
thebat68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I ordered the 320 yesterday through Amazon from a third party vendor. I should have it next week.
thebat68 is offline  
post #67 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Torqdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Carson City, NV
Posts: 1,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio/videoman View Post

That's really not a fair comparison: $1300 for the oppo.

Actually, the Oppo 95 is $999.00 direct from their website. I agree that comparing the two is unfair but rest assured, the panny actually surprised the heck out of me as to how good it stood up the the way more expensive Oppo. It simply looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit26.2 View Post

Much of the reason I'm looking to upgrade from my Panny DMP-BD35 is for the speed increase. Will someone comment on the operation and loading times for the 220 and 320?

As I stated in my earlier post, this is my first panny player so I can't compare directly. BUT, I did do some comparisons with the Oppo 95 and comparing load times for my Avatar extended version blu-ray disc, the panny beat the Oppo.

From pushing the "open/close" button the times went as followed;

The first 20th Century logo that comes up;
BDT220 - :57
BDP95 - 1:00

Top Menu screen;
BDT 220 - 1:35
BDP 95 - 1:45

This panny is a great performer visually and if I didn't have the need for a player with excellent analog sound outputs, this BDT220 would fill the bill quite nicely.

He (or she) who dies with the most HT gear doesn't win anything. They're DEAD!
Torqdog is offline  
post #68 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Senior Member
 
sahmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio/videoman View Post

I'm glad you were able to make sense of any portion of the review. Aside from it's claim that dvd's look "spectacular," it's unclear whether the reviewer believes BD's look any better on this year's player. Superlatives are tossed around with abandon, but it's unclear if the reviewer ever makes a direct comparison between the 210 and 220 for BD PQ.

edit: the review concludes that both 3D BD and DVD performance are markedly better. It makes no such claim about 2D BD performance.

I really need, personally, a dependable comparison between the pq of the 220 and 210 in a very short time, because I am deciding whether to pick up the 215 which comes with the Avatar 3d bonus, or to go for the 220.... My main concern is PQ (for 3D/BD and DVD, as well as the 2d-->3d conversion, although this latter requirement is not as important)... I do not really care that much for the other Viera connect or viera cast bells and whistles including the streaming apps since I have a ton of other gadgets including panasonic plasmas which give me all the streaming I need (Frankly, I am getting rather sick with all the recent overkill of apps that are besieging us on all gadgets, most of which redundantly duplicate one another or offer services I will never, ever, use but I digress)...

I currently have a 210 which impresses me a lot in the PQ department (except in the area of 2d-3d conversion, which I do not particularly fancy anyway)... I need another bd player to go with another TV and will consider going for the 220 if it beats the pants off the 210 in 3D/BD and DVD pq. However, if the differences in pq involves one of those variables that are not even discernible to the naked eye, then I would much rather pick up the 215 and enjoy another AVATAR 3d discount...

Any suggestions in helping me decide would be very warmly appreciated. Thanks, and good day.
sahmen is offline  
post #69 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 09:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Foxbat121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 10,035
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Last year's Panny models (110/210/310) are rated the fastest on the market for BD loading. So, the hope is Panny didn't cheap out this year and get any slower.
Foxbat121 is offline  
post #70 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 09:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Foxbat121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 10,035
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmen View Post

I really need, personally, a dependable comparison between the pq of the 220 and 210 in a very short time, because I am deciding whether to pick up the 215 which comes with the Avatar 3d bonus, or to go for the 220.... My main concern is PQ (for 3D/BD and DVD, as well as the 2d-->3d conversion, although this latter requirement is not as important)... I do not really care that much for the other Viera connect or viera cast bells and whistles including the streaming apps since I have a ton of other gadgets including panasonic plasmas which give me all the streaming I need (Frankly, I am getting rather sick with all the recent overkill of apps that are besieging us on all gadgets, most of which redundantly duplicate one another or offer services I will never, ever, use but I digress)...

I currently have a 210 which impresses me a lot in the PQ department (except in the area of 2d-3d conversion, which I do not particularly fancy anyway)... I need another bd player to go with another TV and will consider going for the 220 if it beats the pants off the 210 in 3D/BD and DVD pq. However, if the differences in pq involves one of those variables that are not even discernible to the naked eye, then I would much rather pick up the 215 and enjoy another AVATAR 3d discount...

Any suggestions in helping me decide would be very warmly appreciated. Thanks, and good day.

I seriously doubt the PQ on BD and DVD will be any different. The new players so far hasn't impressed me in any way. For that matter, I'm actually consider pick up a 310 dula-HDMI player when price is right because I don't want to pay $$$ for BDT500 for the analog 7.1 audio that I don't need but dual-HDMI output I do need.

For those who already have the 220, please check out the DLNA feature and video playback from USB to see if it can support more formats than last years model. 110/210/310 are rather very picky on video formats when it comes to streaming or play from USB storage.
Foxbat121 is offline  
post #71 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Member
 
Kermit26.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks Torqdog!
atebit likes this.
Kermit26.2 is offline  
post #72 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
apw2607's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

I seriously doubt the PQ on BD and DVD will be any different. The new players so far hasn't impressed me in any way. For that matter, I'm actually consider pick up a 310 dula-HDMI player when price is right because I don't want to pay $$$ for BDT500 for the analog 7.1 audio that I don't need but dual-HDMI output I do need.

For those who already have the 220, please check out the DLNA feature and video playback from USB to see if it can support more formats than last years model. 110/210/310 are rather very picky on video formats when it comes to streaming or play from USB storage.

I couldn't tell the difference. Bluray looked awesome as they did on the 210. DVDs looked very good ... i mean there's only so much that can be done ... but looked great. Certainly better than my old Denon DVD with up-scaling and PS3 (for DVD). But again, its all subjective .. what some eyes may see, other may not.

As far as load times, I didn't really notice much difference either. Excellent as before.

In any case, I've decided to return the player. For me, I was after a all-in-one streamer/bluray. With streaming being the priority. Although it's an acceptable streamer with (I think) the netflix flicker issue worked out, I didn't notice the 1080p quality that Michael above noted. I was also disappointed not to see Amazon offered in 5.1.

However, the nail in the coffin, was Hulu Plus. Its the same mess as it was on the 210. And in my eyes that's unacceptable. If Hulu plus was a brand new app, I wouldn't have being so critical, however its being around since Summer 2011, so Panasonic has had ample time to sort it out. But they haven't, and for that reason, its going back.

Again, though my requirements for the player, are probably different from others ... so bear that in mind with my comment and reasons.

The search continues for the "all-in-one" !
apw2607 is offline  
post #73 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 11:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,705
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 941 Post(s)
Liked: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

I didn't notice the 1080p quality that Michael above noted.

Did you try the Let the Right One In test (hard subtitle above the letterbox disappear when it gets to the 1080p encoding)? Please do before you return it (unless of course you already have returned it). I'd like to know whether you were actually getting the 1080p encodings or not.

The difference between Netflix 1080p and 720p can be subtle. I posted some pointers to frames to compare here in the other thread. I don't to use the Netflix player in my launch model PS3 because (a) it can't bitstream DD+ and (b) it draws massive amounts of power and produces fan noise.

I too am disappointed in no 5.1 Amazon but I don't use Hulu Plus (tried it for a while and didn't care for it) so I don't require the ability to play that at all from a streamer.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
post #74 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
apw2607's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

Did you try the Let the Right One In test (hard subtitle above the letterbox disappear when it gets to the 1080p encoding)? Please do before you return it (unless of course you already have returned it). I'd like to know whether you were actually getting the 1080p encodings or not.

The difference between Netflix 1080p and 720p can be subtle. I posted some pointers to frames to compare here in the other thread. I don't to use the Netflix player in my launch model PS3 because (a) it can't bitstream DD+ and (b) it draws massive amounts of power and produces fan noise.

I too am disappointed in no 5.1 Amazon but I don't use Hulu Plus (tried it for a while and didn't care for it) so I don't require the ability to play that at all from a streamer.

Sorry ... its gone back ! I was up into the late hours doing a/b testing between ps3 and 220. I have a largish 110" screen and Panasonic AE-4000 projector. The ps3 x-high image appeared to me to be sharper and more detailed ... per the pics you posted in your link.

As I said though, it was Hulu that got me annoyed and the reason for its return !
apw2607 is offline  
post #75 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Member
 
ozer19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So the only "noticeable" difference is the fact that Netflix flashign is fixed. Is this it?

My 220 is coming Monday, I am skeptical whether or not I will keep.
ozer19 is offline  
post #76 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 01:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Foxbat121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 10,035
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozer19 View Post

So the only "noticeable" difference is the fact that Netflix flashign is fixed. Is this it?

I'd say it is too early to tell if the Netflix flashing is indeed fixed.
Foxbat121 is offline  
post #77 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Member
 
BeachBoys1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, California
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been following this thread (and previously the BDT210 thread) closely. Right now, I'm going back and forth on whether to get the OPPO 93 or 95 DVD drive (love the Marvell ODEO video chip in them) or the Panny BDT210. Since I found out about the new BDT220 players, I've held back for the reviews here and elsewhere. I'm primarily interested in the following:

PQ comparison, upscaling comparison, DVD load times, and sound quality comparison of the BDT220, the BDT210, and OPPO 93/95 drives.

Based on the reviews here so far and on the German site, it sounds like the PQ, upscaling, and load times of the 220 are pretty close to the same as the 210 and not dramatically different than the far more expensive OPPO units. Would I be correct in that ascertion? I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the 220, unless someone convinces me otherwise with good reasons to go with the Oppo for both video and sound quality. I suppose I can save my money for another month if that's the case!

Thanks!
BeachBoys1 is offline  
post #78 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Member
 
ozer19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

I'd say it is too early to tell if the Netflix flashing is indeed fixed.

You are probably right. My "flashing" did not happen until 8 hours of watching. And it happened twice. Then it hasnt happened since.
ozer19 is offline  
post #79 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 01:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Foxbat121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 10,035
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBoys1 View Post

I've been following this thread (and previously the BDT210 thread) closely. Right now, I'm going back and forth on whether to get the OPPO 93 or 95 DVD drive (love the Marvell ODEO video chip in them) or the Panny BDT210. Since I found out about the new BDT220 players, I've held back for the reviews here and elsewhere. I'm primarily interested in the following:

PQ comparison, upscaling comparison, DVD load times, and sound quality comparison of the BDT220, the BDT210, and OPPO 93/95 drives.

Based on the reviews here so far and on the German site, it sounds like the PQ, upscaling, and load times of the 220 are pretty close to the same as the 210 and not dramatically different than the far more expensive OPPO units. Would I be correct in that ascertion? I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the 220, unless someone convinces me otherwise with good reasons to go with the Oppo for both video and sound quality. I suppose I can save my money for another month if that's the case!

Thanks!

If you are using the HDMI connection for both video and audio, you will be hard pressed to find any big differences between these players. Period. The previous review post between Oppo and 220 about audio is probably done using analog audio output.

Using HDMI bitstream to a capable AVR, audio quality should be all the same. That's bueaty of digital transport. Cheaper players sound as good as expensive players.
Foxbat121 is offline  
post #80 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jim McC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oconomowoc, WI.
Posts: 5,912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Does the 220 stream Netflix in 1080p, or is that still unknown? Is the best deal right now at Amazon? Thanks.
Jim McC is offline  
post #81 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 02:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,705
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 941 Post(s)
Liked: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post

Does the 220 stream Netflix in 1080p, or is that still unknown? Is the best deal right now at Amazon? Thanks.

I am absolutely certain, though apw2607 was unimpressed (but I'm not certain that he ever saw it--the 220 and his PS3 may have been accessing different Netflix servers and the one the 220 was accessing might have had problems). It passes the Let the Right One In quick test and it consumes 30% more bandwidth in my test than the BDT110, exactly as I expected of the 1080p encoding.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
post #82 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Member
 
BeachBoys1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, California
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

If you are using the HDMI connection for both video and audio, you will be hard pressed to find any big differences between these players. Period. The previous review post between Oppo and 220 about audio is probably done using analog audio output.

Using HDMI bitstream to a capable AVR, audio quality should be all the same. That's bueaty of digital transport. Cheaper players sound as good as expensive players.

Thanks very much for the reply, Foxbat121. Yeah, I'm running HDMI all around through my Denon 3312 receiver to my Sony HX55929 TV. I assume the Panny 220 will do the upscaling duties for the DVD's(?). Looking forward to seeing the Blu-rays on my new setup.

Panasonic BDT220 it is then. Thanks for the help with my decision making!

P.S. My Sony TV has Netflix and Hulu connects so we'll see how those functions Panny out. Pun intended!
BeachBoys1 is offline  
post #83 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator
 
teachsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 4,495
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBoys1 View Post

Thanks very much for the reply, Foxbat121. Yeah, I'm running HDMI all around through my Denon 3312 receiver to my Sony HX55929 TV. I assume the Panny 220 will do the upscaling duties for the DVD's(?). Looking forward to seeing the Blu-rays on my new setup.

Panasonic BDT220 it is then. Thanks for the help with my decision making!

P.S. My Sony TV has Netflix and Hulu connects so we'll see how those functions Panny out. Pun intended!

Good choice. I have the 93 and 210, also. There is no difference in BD playback, audio or video, and there really isn't that much of a difference in DVDs.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
teachsac is online now  
post #84 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
apw2607's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozer19 View Post

So the only "noticeable" difference is the fact that Netflix flashign is fixed. Is this it?

My 220 is coming Monday, I am skeptical whether or not I will keep.

You can also force the 220 into displaying 1080p/24 for VOD material too ... which may improve things.
apw2607 is offline  
post #85 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 03:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,705
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 941 Post(s)
Liked: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

You can also force the 220 into displaying 1080p/24 for VOD material too ... which may improve things.

Yeah--that was something a number of people in these forums were explicitly searching for. Too bad you have to specify it every time, but I think that the other box which was found to have that feature (an LG BD player I think) also had to be set every time.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
post #86 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Member
 
BeachBoys1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, California
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks, Teachsac. I know the OPPO plays SACD's and the Panny does not. Would you tell me how the Panny does compared to the OPPO when playing music CD's and CDR's? Is it also a non-issue when the DVD/CD player is run through HDMI?

An aside: An uncle of mine (retired) taught Business for a couple of decades at Encina H.S. in Sac. Is Apple still manufacturing in Elk Grove? Sorry to derail here......
BeachBoys1 is offline  
post #87 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jim McC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oconomowoc, WI.
Posts: 5,912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

I am absolutely certain, though apw2607 was unimpressed (but I'm not certain that he ever saw it--the 220 and his PS3 may have been accessing different Netflix servers and the one the 220 was accessing might have had problems). It passes the Let the Right One In quick test and it consumes 30% more bandwidth in my test than the BDT110, exactly as I expected of the 1080p encoding.

Thanks michael. But isn't there a way to verify it's outputting 1080p, either by the Blu-ray player or the display?
Jim McC is offline  
post #88 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
JMGNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 506
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Is there a noticeable difference for Netflix/Vudu/Amazon if you put the player into 24fps mode vs. leaving at its default?

I'm very happy with my 210 by and large (I rarely have a Netflix flash) but do notice some jerkiness/judder sometimes and wonder if 24fps (which my TV loves) will fix it before I buy.
JMGNYC is offline  
post #89 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator
 
teachsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 4,495
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBoys1 View Post

Thanks, Teachsac. I know the OPPO plays SACD's and the Panny does not. Would you tell me how the Panny does compared to the OPPO when playing music CD's and CDR's? Is it also a non-issue when the DVD/CD player is run through HDMI?

An aside: An uncle of mine (retired) taught Business for a couple of decades at Encina H.S. in Sac. Is Apple still manufacturing in Elk Grove? Sorry to derail here......

It does well. I actually use my Denon 2010 with the dedicated 2 channel analogs for CDs and use the Oppo for DVD-A and SACD. I also use Airplay alot with my Marantz and Denon receivers/processors.

S~

They still have Apple in Elk Grove. Most of the actual manufacturing is done overseas.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
teachsac is online now  
post #90 of 4247 Old 02-24-2012, 04:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 17,705
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 941 Post(s)
Liked: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post

Thanks michael. But isn't there a way to verify it's outputting 1080p, either by the Blu-ray player or the display?

There's no way that I know to access and analyze the video encoding to determine whether it's 1080p. It's receiving streams at the expected bit rate for 1080p, which proves it to my satisfaction. That Let the Right One In quick test is also very reliable--its 1080p encoding is the only one with messed up hard subtitles.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is online now  
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , blu-ray , Panasonic , panasonic 220 , Panasonic Dmp Bdt220 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt320 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt500 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , purple , receiver , tint
Gear in this thread - Bdt220 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off