Official Panasonic DMP-BDT 220/320/500 Owners Thread - Page 34 - AVS Forum
First ... 32  33  34 35  36  ... Last
Blu-ray Players > Official Panasonic DMP-BDT 220/320/500 Owners Thread
cwmont13's Avatar cwmont13 04:09 PM 04-11-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post


I got screwed too by a re-seller but it was also Amazon's fault because they don't really stand by the resellers. It seems they will let any "Tom, Dick or Harry" sell at their site these days...

I like Amazon but I'm to the point where I won't buy anything unless it's sold and fulfilled by Amazon. Less hassles that way for me at least YMMV

rarcha42's Avatar rarcha42 08:15 PM 04-11-2012
Ha All

I purchased the dmp bdt 220, compared to video and audio quality, does anyone know if they are better or very close to the 320 or 500, I found that a lot of my older bluray discs tend to show a little more noise, then they did on my old blu ray player. Audio sound just as good if not better. Thanks for any comments

Rich
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott 08:47 PM 04-11-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post

I got screwed too by a re-seller but it was also Amazon's fault because they don't really stand by the resellers. It seems they will let any "Tom, Dick or Harry" sell at their site these days...

Actually, they do. There's no vetting process--you just go to their site, find a page for an item you have one of which to sell (used or new) and click the "Sell on Amazon" link. It's very much like selling something on eBay, only more streamlined for the seller.

It's safest to buy from one of the "featured merchants" with hundreds of ratings, though not entirely safe. The merchants which are "just launched" or only have a few ratings are probably just private individuals and not people who sell merchandise for a living.
tnmg96's Avatar tnmg96 11:50 PM 04-11-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Well is it on the same subnet, and is it enabled on the player?

EDIT: Seems like I read the 220 uses a different app than the older models. Are you sure you have the right app? Search this thread and see.

Had the wrong app. Had to pick up the 2012. Found player immediately. Thanks
lujan's Avatar lujan 06:24 AM 04-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmont13 View Post

I like Amazon but I'm to the point where I won't buy anything unless it's sold and fulfilled by Amazon. Less hassles that way for me at least YMMV

Very true...
SoCal11's Avatar SoCal11 11:49 AM 04-12-2012
With my 220, when I try to go to Netflix or Network Service I get the message that it cannot connect. I have a very strong connection per network settings (five bars) and a 23.81 mbps download speed per speedtest.net and a Netgear N router. If I unplug the 220 unit and plug back in it connects and works properly. This happened yesterday and today. Any ideas as to why it is doing this? (by the way my ROKU works just fine). Thanks for any input.
bigdadbear's Avatar bigdadbear 11:56 AM 04-12-2012
I would appreciate your help --Can anyone confirm that their Panasonic 220 or 320 can output 3D Checkerboard Format....

I could not find the 3d format in the Panasonic 220 or 320 manuals.

I have a Samsung 3D ready 61A750 HDTV that uses Checkerboard Format and am considering the purchase of a 220 or 320.

I know the Panasonic 2011 model year 310 outputs Checkerboard format --

Thank you
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott 12:01 PM 04-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdadbear View Post

I would appreciate your help --Can anyone confirm that their Panasonic 220 or 320 can output 3D Checkerboard Format....

On the 220 it's Setup->Player Settings->3D->3D Type which has the possible settings "Full HD", "Checkerboard" and "Side by Side".
willieconway's Avatar willieconway 12:10 PM 04-12-2012
Has anyone else with a 220 noticed a constant high-pitched tone when the player is turned off? I have mine in a dedicated HT room so it doesn't bother me but if I had it in a bedroom I'd have to unplug it at night.
Jim McC's Avatar Jim McC 01:04 PM 04-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieconway View Post

Has anyone else with a 220 noticed a constant high-pitched tone when the player is turned off? I have mine in a dedicated HT room so it doesn't bother me but if I had it in a bedroom I'd have to unplug it at night.

The player sounds defective. Or maybe you have a bad power cord.
BillP's Avatar BillP 01:08 PM 04-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarcha42 View Post

Ha All

I purchased the dmp bdt 220, compared to video and audio quality, does anyone know if they are better or very close to the 320 or 500, I found that a lot of my older bluray discs tend to show a little more noise, then they did on my old blu ray player. Audio sound just as good if not better. Thanks for any comments

Rich

They should all have the same PQ (the 110, 210, and 310 had identical PQ in 2011). For audio, only the 500 has analog 7.1 outs, and supposedly has better AQ than the 220/320. The link below provides the details.

http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/Wh...0-BDT220.shtml
lujan's Avatar lujan 01:13 PM 04-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieconway View Post

Has anyone else with a 220 noticed a constant high-pitched tone when the player is turned off? I have mine in a dedicated HT room so it doesn't bother me but if I had it in a bedroom I'd have to unplug it at night.

I notice the same thing with my 300 that I've had for almost 2 years. I only notice it when I have the Entertainment Center (EC) door open but when I close the glass door to where it's located, I don't hear it anymore. I only open it to insert a disk so it doesn't bother me but it might if I had an open EC.
SoCal11's Avatar SoCal11 06:46 PM 04-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnymac51 View Post

How about an android app?

On my adroid phone the app is called Panasonic remote 2012.
SoCal11's Avatar SoCal11 07:01 PM 04-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal11 View Post

With my 220, when I try to go to Netflix or Network Service I get the message that it cannot connect. I have a very strong connection per network settings (five bars) and a 23.81 mbps download speed per speedtest.net and a Netgear N router. If I unplug the 220 unit and plug back in it connects and works properly. This happened yesterday and today. Any ideas as to why it is doing this? (by the way my ROKU works just fine). Thanks for any input.

It just happened again. The exact message: "Cannot connect. Please try again or confirm Network connection and settings."

I unplug the unit and plug back in and it connects as it should. Has anyone had this same problem?
tenashus1's Avatar tenashus1 07:59 PM 04-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal11 View Post

It just happened again. The exact message: "Cannot connect. Please try again or confirm Network connection and settings."

I unplug the unit and plug back in and it connects as it should. Has anyone had this same problem?

Oh yeah! That's why I have the Sony BDPS590 now. Happened to me a lot. Same connection error many times, and then sometimes not. It was happening with wireless connection. Panny support told me the router was to far from the player. Got an Airport Extreme in a very small apartment, so I wasn't so sure about that explanation. The wired connection was fine. But, I needed wireless. Finally got weary of it. The Sony connects wirelessly without a problem. Wish you the best.
tenashus1's Avatar tenashus1 08:00 PM 04-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post

I notice the same thing with my 300 that I've had for almost 2 years. I only notice it when I have the Entertainment Center (EC) door open but when I close the glass door to where it's located, I don't hear it anymore. I only open it to insert a disk so it doesn't bother me but it might if I had an open EC.

I noticed a regular, soft gulping sound especially with DVD play. I sent it back. Disturbing.
imws's Avatar imws 09:01 PM 04-12-2012
I just purchased a 220 and it has issues with my Denon AVR-3311CI Receiver which is 3D compatible, with a 3D disc the audio consistently and sometimes the video keeps dropping in and out, if I disable deep color on the 220 it works fine so that's how I'm running it. The 3D and 2D quality is very nice.
sbsidlov's Avatar sbsidlov 05:08 AM 04-13-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmont13 View Post

I like Amazon but I'm to the point where I won't buy anything unless it's sold and fulfilled by Amazon. Less hassles that way for me at least YMMV

There's quite a lot of major retail and web companies with lots a great rep selling on Amazon. Abe's of Maine, Butterfly Photo, Adorama, J&R, B&H (sometimes), Electronics Expo and Vann's to name a few, occasionally at a better price than the store or their own website.

I always look at the stars rating and the recent complaints. Recently I've bought Li ion batteries, a cover for my tablet, etc on Amazon without major retailers or Amazon (other than as the fulfillment).
whitesoxwin's Avatar whitesoxwin 09:34 AM 04-13-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal11 View Post

On my adroid phone the app is called Panasonic remote 2012.

I believe this is the app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Vtb3RlMjAxMiJd

However, it's listed as not compatible with my Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.0). Which means it only shows up if I search for it on the web and not from the Google Play store on my phone. Pretty lame as this is the most recent version of Android. Anyone else on Android 4.0 seeing that as well?
SireTV's Avatar SireTV 02:00 PM 04-13-2012
Are subtitles/captions available on Amazon streaming? And if so, how do I turn them on on the 220?
aquablu8's Avatar aquablu8 02:35 PM 04-13-2012
Hi,

How does the BDT-320 compare with the Sony 590/790 series? Which is better?
mdavej's Avatar mdavej 02:46 PM 04-13-2012
Consensus seems to be sony is better overall. It has much better DLNA support, better Netflix app, works with a USB keyboard for searches, many more streaming apps, gracenote for album art and track info when playing CD's, even a simple web browser.

Last year's panny bested sony. But sony has leap-frogged panny this year. It's good to see continuous improvements in both.
aquablu8's Avatar aquablu8 02:51 PM 04-13-2012
Which is faster and has better IQ?
SoCal11's Avatar SoCal11 03:04 PM 04-13-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenashus1 View Post

Oh yeah! That's why I have the Sony BDPS590 now. Happened to me a lot. Same connection error many times, and then sometimes not. It was happening with wireless connection. Panny support told me the router was to far from the player. Got an Airport Extreme in a very small apartment, so I wasn't so sure about that explanation. The wired connection was fine. But, I needed wireless. Finally got weary of it. The Sony connects wirelessly without a problem. Wish you the best.

m

I'm gettting weary too... I may have to go the sony route also. Too bad because the 220 seems to be a good unit in every other way, but unplugging most times I want to go wireless is a real drag.
mdavej's Avatar mdavej 03:15 PM 04-13-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablu8 View Post

Which is faster and has better IQ?

It depends on what operations you're talking about. Disc loading and app loading, panny is faster (according to forum posts), nav within the apps is faster on sony. You'll have to search and see what others say about IQ. User michaelscott did a head-to-head comparison not long ago.
tenashus1's Avatar tenashus1 04:43 PM 04-13-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal11 View Post

m

I'm gettting weary too... I may have to go the sony route also. Too bad because the 220 seems to be a good unit in every other way, but unplugging most times I want to go wireless is a real drag.

I still have the Panny. Haven't returned it yet. Updated my firmware on my Airport Extreme this P.M.. May try the Panny again. I'm sure the firmware update will only improve the Sony's performance though. Not sure if it will help the Panny.
tenashus1's Avatar tenashus1 04:47 PM 04-13-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

It depends on what operations you're talking about. Disc loading and app loading, panny is faster (according to forum posts), nav within the apps is faster on sony. You'll have to search and see what others say about IQ. User michaelscott did a head-to-head comparison not long ago.

My opinion, having been with both, is that the Sony is more feature laden, and user friendly overall than the Panny. Subtitle button on the Sony. Sony gives you chapter indication, mpbs connection speed, and apparently advantages with CD play as well though that is not my main use of the player( there may be other features I have left out as well). I found Sony customer service to be more friendly too. Panny gets an A with me. Sony an A+
tenashus1's Avatar tenashus1 04:48 PM 04-13-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenashus1 View Post

I still have the Panny. Haven't returned it yet. Updated my firmware on my Airport Extreme this P.M.. May try the Panny again. I'm sure the firmware update will only improve the Sony's performance though. Not sure if it will help the Panny.

Yeah, the 220 is no slouch, but for the issues noted. It's hard to have to talk badly about it.
tenashus1's Avatar tenashus1 05:31 PM 04-13-2012
CNET gives the BDT220 the Editor's Choice Award. I guess not everybody is going to agree all the time.
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott 05:49 PM 04-13-2012
I was keeping the Sony rather than the 220 but now I find that I've exceeded my time limit to return it to Amazon by a couple of weeks. I'll have to sell it used at a bit of a loss. Oh well.
Tags: Blu Ray Players , blu-ray , Panasonic , panasonic 220 , Panasonic Dmp Bdt220 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt320 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt500 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , purple , receiver , tint
First ... 32  33  34 35  36  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop