Built-in WiFiBuilt-in WiFiBuilt-in WiFi
Smartphone RemoteSmartphone RemoteSmartphone Remote
Touch Pad RemoteTouch Pad Remote
Smart Eco Sensor
Multi User ModeMulti User ModeMulti User Mode
VIERA LinkVIERA LinkVIERA Link
Slot-in Drive
Ultra fast Boot & Load Ultra fast Boot & LoadUltra fast Boot & Load
Low Power Consum.Low Power Consum.Low Power Consum.
Ultra Slim Design
Energy Star QualifiedEnergy Star QualifiedEnergy Star Qualified

I can't get the table rows to line-up correctly but my current DMP-BDT 300 is giving me loading issues probably because I watch a movie a day and it's been almost two years. I'm looking at the possibility of getting a 2012 model. I'm interested in the items that are highlighted in RED if anyone has good information on them.

See less See more
#3,155 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by farkem  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3150#post_22962695

Hook this up to the tv: Digital Coax & Optical Toslink to R/L Stereo Audio Converter

Thanks for the info and the link, farkem. Actually, I did try a similar highly rated converter bought on Amazon. The trouble is, it's not Dolby compatible, and I mainly use my TV for playing HD content off my HD cam and various external hard drives. And most of those files do not play sound via that converter. I was thinking of buying this $90 converter from Amazon that supports Dolby , but the price is too steep for a tiny device that just converts and some people say these converters do not last long...

So are you saying my PC speakers will not work with this player?

#3,156 ·
I'm having some trouble getting audio from the center speaker with this player in my 3.1 setup. My receiver is the Denon AVR-1910, and to my knowledge everything is set up correctly there. When using my Playstation 3, sound comes from all channels and the receiver says it's running in MULTI IN. But no matter what setting I seem to select in the standalone player, it only runs in stereo mode. I hope someone here can help me, and I apologize for my audio inexperience ahead of time.

#3,157 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuy01  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3150#post_22963646

I'm having some trouble getting audio from the center speaker with this player in my 3.1 setup. My receiver is the Denon AVR-1910, and to my knowledge everything is set up correctly there. When using my Playstation 3, sound comes from all channels and the receiver says it's running in MULTI IN. But no matter what setting I seem to select in the standalone player, it only runs in stereo mode. I hope someone here can help me, and I apologize for my audio inexperience ahead of time.
How are you connected to your receiver?

Al

#3,159 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuy01  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3150#post_22963646

What are your player's audio settings? Digital Audio Output (PCM/Bitstream, Downmix, etc.)

Also, does your receiver have a center channel on/off setting that can be checked?

#3,160 ·
Hi, I own the bdp220. I'm not an English native speaker so I often need subtitles in my movies. I can't work around subtitles on 3d sbs mkv movie backups. Either they don't display, or they get shifted or split. Is there anyway to solve this directly from the player? I really don't want to deal with external programs such as 3dsubtitler, etc.

#3,163 ·
Search the thread. It's in here somewhere several times. Panasonic has uses the same remote code for a decade or so. However, without the firmware hack, Panasonics will not support PAL disc playback, nor will they convert from 50 to 60.

S~

#3,166 ·
I know Pannys can be hacked with Harmony and One-for-All remotes (the latter I know has been posted in this thread), but I don't know if these work with the US BDT220. Or is it a different hack I should be searching for? (I would have searched the thread before posting tbh, but I'm not sure what terms to search for to get the specific hack I need).

#3,167 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingster  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3150#post_22966119

I know Pannys can be hacked with Harmony and One-for-All remotes (the latter I know has been posted in this thread), but I don't know if these work with the US BDT220. Or is it a different hack I should be searching for? (I would have searched the thread before posting tbh, but I'm not sure what terms to search for to get the specific hack I need).
i am confused what you are asking...I have a Harmony and there was no hack to get it to work with my 220 ?? Or am I missing something ?

#3,168 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysi  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3150#post_22963166

Thanks for the info and the link, farkem. Actually, I did try a similar highly rated converter bought on Amazon. The trouble is, it's not Dolby compatible, and I mainly use my TV for playing HD content off my HD cam and various external hard drives. And most of those files do not play sound via that converter. I was thinking of buying this $90 converter from Amazon that supports Dolby , but the price is too steep for a tiny device that just converts and some people say these converters do not last long...

So are you saying my PC speakers will not work with this player?

You could probably rig a dual rca to 1/8"stereo jack for output to stereo pc speakers [they usually have a single 1/8" / 3.5mm male stereo jack]. But the output on the player is fixed. You'd have to use the volume control on the speakers to adjust levels.

My original reply was regarding your statement " I wish I could connect my speakers directly to my Panasonic TV, but it only had digital out." Can't your TV downmix the Dolby tracks to stereo? I'm assuming your pc speakers are a stereo pair, and not a multichannel setup. If you have multi channel pc speakers, well, they're the wrong tool for the job.

#3,170 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofast68  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3150#post_22966255

i am confused what you are asking...I have a Harmony and there was no hack to get it to work with my 220 ?? Or am I missing something ?
I was just talking generally, that you can hack some Panasonic players with a Harmony remote, I wasn't sure whether the BDT220 was one such player though.

#3,171 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingster  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3150#post_22967451

I was just talking generally, that you can hack some Panasonic players with a Harmony remote, I wasn't sure whether the BDT220 was one such player though.
Yeah sorry, I still have no idea what you are trying to accomplish, hopefully someone else will chime in.

#3,173 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingster  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3150#post_22967451

I searched "all for one remote hacks" in this thread and found what you're looking for. These hacks should work with any all in one remote.

Al

#3,174 ·
I don't think people are following me!

I know about the All for One hack, but there's no specific confirmation that these remote hacks work on US machines. We all know they work on the European models, but in 9/10 cases the hacks that work on European models don't work on US models.

For example: One of the best known methods of making a Panasonic DMP BDT220 region-free for DVD is the custom remote control that's being sold on E-bay here , but this remote doesn't work on US models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angler55  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3150#post_22968009

I searched "all for one remote hacks" in this thread and found what you're looking for. These hacks should work with any all in one remote.

Are you talking about this post ? If so, the poster doesn't really state where he's from and what nationality his player is. I'm inclined to assume he's European and hacked a European BDT220 purely because an internet search for the One-For-All remote he's using doesn't reveal many US etailers, the vast majority are UK sellers.

#3,176 ·
Okay, now I think I understand.

I have not tried any of the region code hacks on my machines personally, but it is my understanding that if you would like to play a non region 1 PAL DVD disc you will need both the region code hack and the firmware update. The Panasonic machines sold in the US are strictly for the NTSC standard. Any attempt to play PAL (or SECAM discs for that matter) will require a firmware update.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.