Built-in WiFiBuilt-in WiFiBuilt-in WiFi
Smartphone RemoteSmartphone RemoteSmartphone Remote
Touch Pad RemoteTouch Pad Remote
Smart Eco Sensor
Multi User ModeMulti User ModeMulti User Mode
VIERA LinkVIERA LinkVIERA Link
Slot-in Drive
Ultra fast Boot & Load Ultra fast Boot & LoadUltra fast Boot & Load
Low Power Consum.Low Power Consum.Low Power Consum.
Ultra Slim Design
Energy Star QualifiedEnergy Star QualifiedEnergy Star Qualified

I can't get the table rows to line-up correctly but my current DMP-BDT 300 is giving me loading issues probably because I watch a movie a day and it's been almost two years. I'm looking at the possibility of getting a 2012 model. I'm interested in the items that are highlighted in RED if anyone has good information on them.

See less See more
#3,202 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by farkem  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3180#post_22985447

Dude. You've got your threads mixed up.

Hello Farkem,

In my original post, I should have specified that my information refers to a menu setting on the Panasonic DMP-BDT 220. “24p ON for a non-native 24p movie can cause a stutter effect”.

The manual mentions both 24p and 60p, but it doesn’t give any explanation about the two kinds of output, which is why I included the link to the thread, “is-there-any-difference-between-24p-and-60p”.

Thank you for the heads up and I will be sure to include the exact model, if I enter a post on a thread which lists multiple model numbers.

Sincerely,

JAG

#3,203 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3180#post_22985687

The US press release in January mentioned this info with the dual HDMI and 4K output models and the browser and wireless models.
The lack of RCA jacks too?

Please point me to that press release, as all I saw was comments from people that were at CES and didn't see any model-specific specifications.

#3,204 ·
Sorry but I just got this Player and am totally confusd by the 24p setting, i am by no means a newbie to electronics but I dont understand the wording, So if I leave the 24p setting to off is all 24p material being output as 24p, and 60 material staying as 60? Does turning on 24p then force all material to 24p? that is the way i read it but im wondering if i have to turn it on to get my 24p stuff to be output as 24p

Thanks a bunch

#3,205 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorX  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3180#post_22986468

The lack of RCA jacks too?

Please point me to that press release, as all I saw was comments from people that were at CES and didn't see any model-specific specifications.

No idea about the RCA jacks but here is the press release from a link on the Endgadget page.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/07/panasonic-four-new-blu-ray-players/
Quote:
PANASONIC EXPANDS ON AWARD-WINNING DEVICES WITH 2013 BLU-RAY DISC™ PLAYER LINEUP, FOCUSING ON HIGH-QUALITY PICTURE, SOUND, DESIGN AND SMART NETWORKING

Panasonic Introduces Two New 3D-Capable Players Featuring Wireless Capabilities for Added Content Viewing

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA (January 7, 2013) – Panasonic, a major developer and contributor to the success of the Blu-ray format, today introduced an expanded Blu-ray Disc Player lineup with two new Full HD 3D models – the DMP-BDT330, DMP-BDT230, and two 2D Blu-ray Disc Players – the DMP-BD89 and DMP-BD79.

Additionally, Panasonic maintains the successes of FULL HD 3D 2012 models – the DMP-BDT500 and DMP-BBT01. All four of the 3D-capable models include Panasonic's proprietary IPTV platform, VIERA Connect1, while the 2D models feature IP VOD, a service that offers a limited, though targeted, selection of such sites as Netflix, HuluPlus, Amazon Instant Video, Vudu, CinemaNow and YouTube.

"Panasonic is committed to the best in-home entertainment and this year's Blu-ray Players are at the forefront of design, performance and green technology," said Alex Fried, Product Manager, Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America. "With new features including expanded VIERA Connect applications, seamless web browsing and display mirroring allowing interaction with a tablet or smartphone, Panasonic continues to create products with the needs of today's consumer top-of-mind."

A new feature, Display Mirroring, takes into account the increased smartphone and tablet use while viewing programming on your TV. Now simply with a flick of the hand, users can take content on their smartphone or tablet (Android 4.2) operating system or higher) and view the same images, videos or games on a large screen to share with family and friends. Display Mirroring is available on the BDT330 as well as the BDT230.

Panasonic's reputation for creating quality video products is on high display with the entire line of 2013 home entertainment products, specifically the BDT230, the direct successor to the 2012 CEA Innovation award-winning and critically acclaimed BDT220. The BDT220 features built-in Wi-Fi, 2D-3D conversion, a web browser with pointer cursor, and Panasonic's proprietary IPTV platform, VIERA Connect.

All 2013 Blu-ray Disc Players include built-in Wi-Fi with the exception of the BD79 which is wireless-ready, enabling users to access additional content and services through the internet without the need to tether your device.

Panasonic's line of Blu-ray Players also features high-quality network audio (DLNA compatable) as well as 192kHz/32bit Audio DAC on the 3D-capable models (BDT500) and built-in 4K up-scaling (BDT330). Additionally the BDT500, BBT01, BDT330 and BDT230 feature 2D-3D conversion for any content and the BDT500 and BDT330 models also include twin HDMI ports.

In addition to Panasonic's recognized commitment to the highest audio and video standards, the 2013 devices all were created with a focus on design. Matching some of the design innovations seen with VIERA televisions, these new slim and sleek players match the décor in any home. Featuring sharp angles to take up less surface area, the compact main unit includes cardboard cushions to prevent any damage to furniture.

As with all of Panasonic's products, environmental stewardship and specific energy- reducing technologies are brought into the 2013 line of Blu-ray Players to give the consumer the best at-home viewing experience without sacrificing performance.

The two new 3D-capable Blu-ray models include Miracast – a display mirroring feature which enables users to transfer their own photos and videos captured on Smartphone and Tablet devices to their HDTV screen with the swipe of a finger. The 3D-capable Blu-ray models also feature a Web Browser with pointer cursor for easy maneuvering, while all models in the 2013 lineup also feature external HDD Playback and personalized menu options on the Blu-ray lineup.

The Panasonic 2013 Blu-ray Players will be available in February 2013. They will be on display at the Panasonic booth #9406 at the 2013 International CES at the Las Vegas Convention Center from January 8, 2013 through January 11, 2013.
Quote:
PANASONIC LAUNCHES TWO NEW STREAMING PLAYERS TO VIDEO PLAYER LINEUP

Sleek and Slim Media Players Feature Built in Wi-Fi for Easy and Versatile Video Viewing

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA (January 7, 2013) – Panasonic, an industry leader and pioneer in emerging video technology, launches two new streaming media players, the DMP-MST60 and the DMP-MS10 featuring VIERA Connect and IP VOD respectively. The two media players continue Panasonic's innovation in the A/V category and feature VOD up-conversion and DLNA certification with other networking and video quality features.

"We're proud to introduce these new and innovative streaming media players into our already extensive lineup of award-winning video players," said Alex Fried, Product Manager, Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America. "Featuring the same great technology found in Panasonic's Blu-ray players, the MST60 and MS10 are simple and seamless devices giving consumers a new option for disc-less viewing."

Panasonic's 3D-capable streaming media player, the MST60, features Panasonic's proprietary IPTV platform, VIERA Connect1, which allows users to access their favorite online services including gaming, music, social networking, sports and VOD applications. The MS10 includes built-in Wi-Fi and contains access to IP VOD, giving users the ability to stream many of their favorite TV shows, movies and music from a variety of applications including Netflix, Hulu Plus, CinemaNow, Vudu, Amazon Instant Video and YouTube. The MST60 includes a Web browser with cursor for easy maneuvering, while both models feature Miracast, external HDD Playback, and a 2D-3D conversion function.

Panasonic's streaming media players also feature display mirroring which takes into consideration the increased smartphone and tablet use while viewing programming on your TV. Now simply with a flick of the hand, users can take content on their smartphone or tablet (Android 4.2 operating system or higher) and view the same images, videos or games on a large screen to share with family and friends. Display mirroring is available on the both streaming media players.

In addition to Panasonic's commitment to the highest audio and video standards, the 2013 devices all were created with a focus on design. Matching some of the design innovations seen with VIERA televisions, these new slim and sleek players enhance the décor in any home. Featuring sharp angles to take up less surface area, the compact main unit includes cardboard cushions to prevent any damage to furniture.

As with all of Panasonic's products, environmental stewardship and specific energy- reducing technologies are featured in the 2013 line of media players to give the consumer the best at-home viewing experience without sacrificing performance.

The Panasonic 2013 media players will be available in February 2013. They will be on display at the Panasonic booth #9406 at the 2013 International CES at the Las Vegas Convention Center from January 8, 2013 through January 11, 2013.

#3,206 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryedady  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3180#post_22986740

Sorry but I just got this Player and am totally confusd by the 24p setting, i am by no means a newbie to electronics but I dont understand the wording, So if I leave the 24p setting to off is all 24p material being output as 24p, and 60 material staying as 60? Does turning on 24p then force all material to 24p? that is the way i read it but im wondering if i have to turn it on to get my 24p stuff to be output as 24p

Thanks a bunch
Turning 24P off in the setup menu means all media is output at 60p. If you want to output 24p from BD discs, then you must turn 24p on. DVD requires an extra step. JAg audio posted the steps for DVD in his long post a few posts ago.

S~

#3,207 ·
You are correct aaronwt, save the lack of analog audio output and coax digital ouput. Of course, companies generally don't advertise what features they are dropping.

Also, no mention of the 130 in there, unless I missed that too.

#3,208 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorX  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3180#post_22986917

You are correct aaronwt, save the lack of analog audio output and coax digital ouput. Of course, companies generally don't advertise what features they are dropping.

Also, no mention of the 130 in there, unless I missed that too.

I don't think the 130 is a US model. In the US, the lowest price 3D capable model is supposed to be the BDT-230. Overseas also had a BDT120 model which was not available in the US.

EDIT: I see it was like the 220 model sans wi-fi.

#3,209 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3180#post_22986958

I don't think the 130 is a US model. In the US, the lowest price 3D capable model is supposed to be the BDT-230. Overseas also had a BDT120 model which was not available in the US.

EDIT: I see it was like the 220 model sans wi-fi.
Roger that.

In 2011 we did have the BDT110 though. Looks like that was the last wireless-less model in the series for the US.

Anyway, sorry for the redundant information. Those pages recently popped up on the Italy site and I thought it was 'news'.

Now, lets get back to more important topics, like 24P playback.

#3,210 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3180#post_22986860

Turning 24P off in the setup menu means all media is output at 60p. If you want to output 24p from BD discs, then you must turn 24p on. DVD requires an extra step. JAg audio posted the steps for DVD in his long post a few posts ago.

S~

+1

Turning 24p on in the main setup menu will only output 24p when 24p native blu ray material is played. You can force DVD and streaming content into 24p by changing the setting in the "option" menu during playback. Some streaming material is supposed to be native 24p, such as vudu HDX, but I believe you have to force it to 24p - which makes me wonder how it is really being processed.

#3,211 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Launchpad  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3200_100#post_22987748

Turning 24p on in the main setup menu will only output 24p when 24p native blu ray material is played. You can force DVD and streaming content into 24p by changing the setting in the "option" menu during playback. Some streaming material is supposed to be native 24p, such as vudu HDX, but I believe you have to force it to 24p - which makes me wonder how it is really being processed.

If your television (or some downstream HDMI sink between it and the BDP) isn't going to do anything good with 24p, the switch in the menu lets you choose where a network VOD service's 24p content gets processed into 60p. My television is a 6 y/o 60 Hz Mitsubishi LED panel which can't accept 24p input (gonna upgrade soon); if any device sends it, my AVR will turn it into 60p. Given the switch I can choose to have my AVR do it or let the BD player do it.. The great majority of network VOD content is encoded to 24p.

I think that if you have 24p enabled in the settings it should automatically output network VOD as 24p. If I want discs output at 24p, why wouldn't I want VOD content output the same way? At the very least the switch in the pop-up menu should be "sticky"; if you turn it on it should stay on until turned off.

#3,212 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3120#post_22951434

What is rubbish?????

I think it's British garbage, but maybe it's something different with the exchange rate and all
Let me explain it for you: the bdt220 should never advertise itself as being a dlna device because it totally 'sucks.' The Dlna should, at best be described as an experimental facility with no warranty. Getting it to work successfully and consistently for the file types listed in the manual is hit and miss but with a strong leaning to 'miss.' Not even Panasonic tech support can say what configuration will work for the given file types- they simply don't know. So the bdt220 is totally 'rubbish' if you want to have a reliable and consistent capability to stream videos from your NAS. P.s. Rubbish =sucks for UK to us conversion.

#3,213 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymq  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3210#post_22989457

Let me explain it for you: the bdt220 should never advertise itself as being a dlna device because it totally 'sucks.' The Dlna should, at best be described as an experimental facility with no warranty. Getting it to work successfully and consistently for the file types listed in the manual is hit and miss but with a strong leaning to 'miss.' Not even Panasonic tech support can say what configuration will work for the given file types- they simply don't know. So the bdt220 is totally 'rubbish' if you want to have a reliable and consistent capability to stream videos from your NAS. P.s. Rubbish =sucks for UK to us conversion.

All this time I thought the BDT220 was a blu ray player!

Al

#3,214 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angler55  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3210#post_22989567

All this time I thought the BDT220 was a blu ray player!

Al
It's not just a Blu Ray player as you may see from it's feature list. The buy decision is based on the feature list advertised on the web site, point of sale adverts and of course the manual. It advertises itself as a DLNA device which is very misleading. I wouldn't be surprised if the DLNA was an after thought with no real testing done before releasing it to market. I'm a customer who wanted a blu ray player with the capability to play streamed files which is exactly what Panasonic says the bdt220 can do. What a disappointment this unit is!

#3,215 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3210#post_22989390

If your television (or some downstream HDMI sink between it and the BDP) isn't going to do anything good with 24p, the switch in the menu lets you choose where a network VOD service's 24p content gets processed into 60p. My television is a 6 y/o 60 Hz Mitsubishi LED panel which can't accept 24p input (gonna upgrade soon); if any device sends it, my AVR will turn it into 60p. Given the switch I can choose to have my AVR do it or let the BD player do it.. The great majority of network VOD content is encoded to 24p.

I think that if you have 24p enabled in the settings it should automatically output network VOD as 24p. If I want discs output at 24p, why wouldn't I want VOD content output the same way? At the very least the switch in the pop-up menu should be "sticky"; if you turn it on it should stay on until turned off.

I have 24p set to on and my 220 always defaults to 60p for VOD playback. I have to open the option menu during playback and set it to 24p for each VOD session. I have tried with Netflix, Amazon, Vudu (including HDX content). It does output blu ray as 24p automatically.

#3,216 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Launchpad  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3210#post_22992681

I have 24p set to on and my 220 always defaults to 60p for VOD playback. I have to open the option menu during playback and set it to 24p for each VOD session. I have tried with Netflix, Amazon, Vudu (including HDX content). It does output blu ray as 24p automatically.

This is working correctly.

#3,218 ·
Hi, I think I have read >80% of this thread and also most of the thread on Netflix SuperHD. I know that BDT220 is capable of superhd and several people like aaronwt and MichaelScott have confirmed it. How do you get that info from the panasonic remote. I also have a LG660c and pressing info button brings up the info on the top showing the audio and video information such as low/sd or high/HD or x-High/HD etc. Can someone please tell me how to get this from a BDT220? I tried almost all buttons with no results. Thanks

#3,219 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishwa Somayaji  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3210#post_22993351

Hi, I think I have read >80% of this thread and also most of the thread on Netflix SuperHD. I know that BDT220 is capable of superhd and several people like aaronwt and MichaelScott have confirmed it. How do you get that info from the panasonic remote. I also have a LG660c and pressing info button brings up the info on the top showing the audio and video information such as low/sd or high/HD or x-High/HD etc. Can someone please tell me how to get this from a BDT220? I tried almost all buttons with no results. Thanks
It isn't possible to get that info on panasonic players. You can only see it on the Example Short because the text is actually part of the video itself. That will tell you if SuperHD is possible at least. To determine if you are getting the SuperHD stream on any given title, you'll have to use other more indirect means.

#3,220 ·
Thank you very much, mdavej. That makes me feel a little better. I tried all keys, combinations etc with no avail. It is nice to see that info. Other than that, I know I can get it most of the time. I have the LG player that shows and also windows 8 app that gives detailed info with the kbps for both video and audio. I do see superhd titles, which itself is half the proof as with my other older samsung, the same titles just say HD. But, showing superhd is only the first step. Getting it is more important and as I have seen before it doesn't happen all the time. Many thanks for clearing that for me as I was wondering how I missed that piece of tidbit from all the reading for the last month or more.

#3,221 ·
Does the 220 only stream Vudu in 5.1 when using SD and HD. That is all I am seeing and the lead in menu when loading up Vudu only says "movies in 51" So is 7.1 not available when using the 220? I was watching Atlas Shrugged II the other night. I first was watching on my HTPC but HD kept skipping (my download speed is 3.1 ... grrrrr) and SD was a little "jaggy". But the Audio was 7.1. So I thought, "I wonder what the pic would look like on the 220". So I flip over to the 220 and was still not able to stream well in HD ... BUT the SD looked MUCH better (why would that differ so much from PC to BD player ?????) Any way, but on the 220 the audio with vudu was only 5.1. Is that a setting in the 220, or a limit of the 220 internet app?

#3,222 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM1862  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3200_100#post_22993751

Does the 220 only stream Vudu in 5.1 when using SD and HD. That is all I am seeing and the lead in menu when loading up Vudu only says "movies in 51"

It appears that there are currently only 18 VUDU titles with 7.1 sound. There's a collection which lists them, which you can view here . Pretty scrawny offering given that they announced the first one in October of 2011, 17 months ago--they don't seem very committed to it. Of course, their hands are tied by what their content providers will allow.

#3,223 ·
Just got a 220. I tried the streaming of FLAC music files through DLNA from my network drive (running Twonky server), but find it is really slow to play a FLAC file. After I select a file and hit play, I had to wait like one minute before it start to play the song, and when I jump to the next song, I have to wait another one minute for it to start play. It is not the case for a mp3 file. For mp3 file, it is fast enough. I just can not tolerate the long waiting for FLAC file, I am sure my network speed is fast enough. Just want to know from other owners here whether this is normal for the 220 or 320 player, or any setup might be wrong with my player. Thanks.

#3,224 ·
I bought my BDT220 today and set it up. Could someone be kind enough to point me in the direction to ideal settings if there's been a general consensus on what to use? I've set the picture settings to 0 or off and audio to bitstream. I couldn't find much with a few searches about 3D settings though. Can anyone recommend changing or not changing the manual settings?

#3,225 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott  /t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread/3210#post_22994581

It appears that there are currently only 18 VUDU titles with 7.1 sound. There's a collection which lists them, which you can view here . Pretty scrawny offering ...
But is that list contengent on the device? Seems when I was playing it thru my HTPC the AVR reported Atlas Shrugged in 7.1 coming in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.