Built-in WiFiBuilt-in WiFiBuilt-in WiFi
Smartphone RemoteSmartphone RemoteSmartphone Remote
Touch Pad RemoteTouch Pad Remote
Smart Eco Sensor
Multi User ModeMulti User ModeMulti User Mode
VIERA LinkVIERA LinkVIERA Link
Slot-in Drive
Ultra fast Boot & Load Ultra fast Boot & LoadUltra fast Boot & Load
Low Power Consum.Low Power Consum.Low Power Consum.
Ultra Slim Design
Energy Star QualifiedEnergy Star QualifiedEnergy Star Qualified

I can't get the table rows to line-up correctly but my current DMP-BDT 300 is giving me loading issues probably because I watch a movie a day and it's been almost two years. I'm looking at the possibility of getting a 2012 model. I'm interested in the items that are highlighted in RED if anyone has good information on them.

See less See more
#7 ·
#9 ·
Ordered my 220 last night around midnight from Amazon. Came home for lunch with an e-mail saying it has been shipped and should arrive Thursday, 02/23/12. THAT'S TOMORROW!!!

I must say my excitement level just ain't quite what it was when I received my Oppo BDP 95 back in December. I do plan to a-b test this against said Oppo out of curiosity....... especially the DVD upscaling.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqdog /forum/post/21683442

Ordered my 220 last night around midnight from Amazon. Came home for lunch with an e-mail saying it has been shipped and should arrive Thursday, 02/23/12. THAT'S TOMORROW!!!

I must say my excitement level just ain't quite what it was when I received my Oppo BDP 95 back in December. I do plan to a-b test this against said Oppo out of curiosity....... especially the DVD upscaling.

Awesome. For me its all about its streaming abilities and the hope that they have squared away the issues that plagued last years players.

Apparently we can also look forward to 1080p/24 for VOD too, although depending on how that works could come back to bite them and be a bag of hurt.

For Bluray and DVD I'll be very interested in your opinion on how it compares to the oppo. I'm trying to find a single one player does it all ... but haven't ruled out Oppo for BD/DVD and "something" else to handle the majority of my streaming needs (Netflix 1080p, Amazon VOD (with 5.1), Vudu (with "crisp" UI), and Hulu Plus (that doesn't crash and lock up).

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethawk /forum/post/21682545

So apparently is the BDT-320 . Let us know when yours arrives

When I checked the 320 it was not available from them, only sellers. 220 is available.

S~

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan /forum/post/21673069

DMP-BDT500DMP-BDT320DMP-BDT220
Full HD 3DFull HD 3D Full HD 3D
Adaptive Chroma ProcAdaptive Chroma ProcAdaptive Chroma Proc
2D*--> 3D conversion 2D*--> 3D conversion2D*--> 3D conversion
Twin HDMI
192kHz/32bit DAC192kHz/32bit DAC192kHz/32bit DAC
7.1 Analog Output
High Clarity Sound PlusHigh Clarity Sound Plus
Digital Tube SoundDigital Tube Sound
Pure Audio on HDMIPure Audio on HDMIPure Audio on HDMI
Linear PCM/FLAC CompLinear PCM/FLAC CompLinear PCM/FLAC Comp
VIERA ConnectVIERA ConnectVIERA Connect
DLNADLNADLNA
NASNASNAS
HDD PlaybackHDD PlaybackHDD Playback
Built-in WiFiBuilt-in WiFiBuilt-in WiFi
Smartphone RemoteSmartphone RemoteSmartphone Remote
Touch Pad RemoteTouch Pad Remote
Smart Eco Sensor
Multi User ModeMulti User ModeMulti User Mode
VIERA LinkVIERA LinkVIERA Link
Slot-in Drive
Ultra fast Boot & Load Ultra fast Boot & LoadUltra fast Boot & Load
Low Power Consum.Low Power Consum.Low Power Consum.
Ultra Slim Design
Energy Star QualifiedEnergy Star QualifiedEnergy Star Qualified

I can't get the table rows to line-up correctly but my current DMP-BDT 300 is giving me loading issues probably because I watch a movie a day and it's been almost two years. I'm looking at the possibility of getting a 2012 model. I'm interested in the items that are highlighted in RED if anyone has good information on them.

Twin HDMI allows you to dedicate one of the outputs to audio (since other audio connections schemes besides HDMI are limited in what they can transport).

Analog output means that you can connect the player to a receiver using 8 separate RCA cables (1 per audio channel).

Eco Sensor means that the unit can go into sleep mode if it doesn't sense anyone walking around in its vicinity.

Slot-in drive means that there is no disc tray. You feed the disk directly into the slot (a-la car CD player).

#15 ·
Those of you awaiting the arrival of the 220... it would be thoroughly appreciated if you could report your findings on the following items (if possible):
  • 1080p streaming in netflix
  • DD+ in netflix
  • How well does it handle .mpg's and .mkv's
  • Does the fancy new audio processor play SACDs?

Thanks!

#16 ·
Damn. I was just about to start a thread in which I would have reserved the first few posts for a FAQ and a "Tricks, Hints and Methods" post which people could read before posting the same question for the 5000th time. Oh, well. I receive my BDT220 from Amazon tomorrow.

This thread should also include discussion of the BBT01, the second most expensive of the 2012 crop of Panasonic 3D BD players (slot in, small form factor, touch pad remote).

Reactions: vivatech
#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott /forum/post/0

Damn. I was just about to start a thread in which I would have reserved the first few posts for a FAQ and a "Tricks, Hints and Methods" post which people could read before posting the same question for the 5000th time.

Yes, that would have saved thousands of posts (litetally) in last year's thread. Maybe the OP can be updated to contain a link to a FAQ post later in the thread.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 /forum/post/21683471

Awesome. For me its all about its streaming abilities and the hope that they have squared away the issues that plagued last years players.

Apparently we can also look forward to 1080p/24 for VOD too, although depending on how that works could come back to bite them and be a bag of hurt.

For Bluray and DVD I'll be very interested in your opinion on how it compares to the oppo. I'm trying to find a single one player does it all ... but haven't ruled out Oppo for BD/DVD and "something" else to handle the majority of my streaming needs (Netflix 1080p, Amazon VOD (with 5.1), Vudu (with "crisp" UI), and Hulu Plus (that doesn't crash and lock up).

I personally don't stream so my comparison will be strictly limited to siver discs. I do follow all the Oppo threads and from what I can ascertain, it's one of the better players for streaming. There sure seem to be far fewer complaints regarding capabilities than what I've seen on the 110/210/310 thread. Hopefully for you streamers out there, this new crop of pannys will have addressed all those problems that have been discussed ad-nauseum.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SireTV /forum/post/21684266

Those of you awaiting the arrival of the 220... it would be thoroughly appreciated if you could report your findings on the following items (if possible):
  • 1080p streaming in netflix
  • DD+ in netflix
  • How well does it handle .mpg's and .mkv's
  • Does the fancy new audio processor play SACDs?

Thanks!

We already know the answer to two. DD+ in NF has been supported since the X10 series. Panasonic has never supported SACD in their BD players. The key question is 1080p streaming in NF. I don't honestly know if I would look for any more support for any more streaming file formats than they currently offer.

S~

#21 ·
Hopefully the black flashes experienced on Netflix with last years players will be fixed. I held off on buying one in spite of the free Avatar 3D disc. I just want a nice streaming player that will have 5.1 audio on the Netflix movies that are encoded with that and no studdering of HD movies. I have the Samsung 6900 and it seems like it drops a few frames every 20 seconds or so. Very annoying. It looks like a studdering effect.

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SireTV /forum/post/21684158

Twin HDMI allows you to dedicate one of the outputs to audio (since other audio connections schemes besides HDMI are limited in what they can transport).

Analog output means that you can connect the player to a receiver using 8 separate RCA cables (1 per audio channel).

Eco Sensor means that the unit can go into sleep mode if it doesn't sense anyone walking around in its vicinity.

Slot-in drive means that there is no disc tray. You feed the disk directly into the slot (a-la car CD player).

Thanks SireTV!

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott /forum/post/21684279

Damn. I was just about to start a thread in which I would have reserved the first few posts for a FAQ and a "Tricks, Hints and Methods" post which people could read before posting the same question for the 5000th time. Oh, well. I receive my BDT220 from Amazon tomorrow.

This thread should also include discussion of the BBT01, the second most expensive of the 2012 crop of Panasonic 3D BD players (slot in, small form factor, touch pad remote).

Sorry I beat you to the punch. I can rename it if the system lets me but I left out the DMP-BD77 and the BBT01 because they are 2D only players. I only wanted the 3D capable players on this thread. Someone else can start one on the 2D only Panasonic 2012 players.

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott /forum/post/21684279

Damn. I was just about to start a thread in which I would have reserved the first few posts for a FAQ and a "Tricks, Hints and Methods" post which people could read before posting the same question for the 5000th time.

You might start one listing all of the players and hopefully they will merge this thread into it. Same result if we get lucky... There is already a 500 thread several pages long so some merging needs to go on.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac /forum/post/21685130

... I don't honestly know if I would look for any more support for any more streaming file formats than they currently offer.

S~

After happening to watch some blurays and netflix films in succession over the course of a couple of weeks, I have come to realize that I really do wish that netflix had a better PQ than what I can currently see with my Sony player. So, I personally am looking forward to 1080p streaming which would hopefully enhance the netflix viewing experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.